This is Harvey's Finest.....Keith Price?
madam

Chicago Heights, IL

#101 Mar 31, 2009
I've lived in Harvey probably longer than you've been alive bigred.bt didn't build the police station.and with all of it's defects that's nothing to be proud of.she didn't create those programs..as far as cleaning up crime and going on raids and to fires,what police or fire academy did she attend?none.as planning director she had some serious mismanagement problems.her office was a mess,totally disorganized and unproductive.yes she can handle herself and she would be great to have on your side in a street fight.but that's the type of attitude that Harvey has had plenty of.public officials should have the demeanor,self discipline and content of character not to have to resort to such behavior.i strongly support her right to run for office but, in my experience and humble opinion she is not the one to solve Harvey's problems.she has been around the block with Harvey politics and just like the others in this pool of trying to be mayor ,with the realization of the power comes the payback to old political friends and enemies.it would be business as usual.we need a fresh start .someone without all the baggage ,start anew and bring everyone together to accomplish a common goal.a true selfless, humble,educated and goal oriented individual with good morals, strong values and unwavering principals.that has real leadership skills.
madam

Chicago Heights, IL

#102 Mar 31, 2009
oh! by the way........ I am no crony or supporter of terrible ek.he is on his way to becoming the worst mayor ever in the city of Harvey.
KnowforSure

United States

#103 Mar 31, 2009
madam wrote:
I've lived in Harvey probably longer than you've been alive bigred.bt didn't build the police station.and with all of it's defects that's nothing to be proud of.she didn't create those programs..as far as cleaning up crime and going on raids and to fires,what police or fire academy did she attend?none.as planning director she had some serious mismanagement problems.her office was a mess,totally disorganized and unproductive.yes she can handle herself and she would be great to have on your side in a street fight.but that's the type of attitude that Harvey has had plenty of.public officials should have the demeanor,self discipline and content of character not to have to resort to such behavior.i strongly support her right to run for office but, in my experience and humble opinion she is not the one to solve Harvey's problems.she has been around the block with Harvey politics and just like the others in this pool of trying to be mayor ,with the realization of the power comes the payback to old political friends and enemies.it would be business as usual.we need a fresh start .someone without all the baggage ,start anew and bring everyone together to accomplish a common goal.a true selfless, humble,educated and goal oriented individual with good morals, strong values and unwavering principals.that has real leadership skills.
Well there's presently no one with those characteristics you described, who's bidding for mayoral office.
bigred

Tinley Park, IL

#104 Apr 1, 2009
unfortunately you must have slept some of those years, in 1987 missy she was Police commissioner, she did build the police station under her direction. Crime was down, police dept was well staffed, and community policing was active, the new station was well equipt, modern and clean and beautiful, she promoted the first female head of detectives, promoted within house. the city was beginning to come together, david johnson was mayor. she attended many law enforcement classes and received certificates, she was well versed for the position she held, you better ask somebody. As far as you stating that she has street demeanor, get a grip, she is very respectful of others, and has never that i have seen or heard acted in other way. you probably just dont like her, because you definitely have described her inacurately. Where have you been for so long that you dont know these things. The planning department accomplished a lot under her direction. She cares about the people and the city of harvey. she is a true selfless, humble, educated and definitely goal oriented person, she has good morals, strong values and unwavering principals. She has been and will be a strong leader. I know who you are with, but i will not give him a shout out, i will let you do that. dont tear down someone else to build up yourself or someone else. get the facts. Brenda l Thompson is the only one for Mayor. she deserves to be Mayor, she has the experience. So if you dont like her, dont lie on her. know weapon formed against her will prosper. God Bless you and your family.
madam

Chicago Heights, IL

#105 Apr 1, 2009
let me see.....bt is big....light skinned(commonly referred to as red bone).I get it bigred !
bigred

Tinley Park, IL

#106 Apr 1, 2009
well now i know you dont know her, she is not big (smile), redbone, well thats a new one, have a blessed day.
babygirl

Tinley Park, IL

#107 Apr 3, 2009
why dont you all leave bt alone. She has done nothing but fight for the ciizens of harvey.
relative of the victim

Midlothian, IL

#108 Apr 8, 2009
keith price is guilty of assault and was found guilty in a court of law. His own witness, his mom, testified against him. Clearly keith has an anger problem, and I feel that he should have been charged with felony attempted murder for what he has done to my family and as I have learned, other families as well. The community and the politicians better "MAN UP" before someone in their family is injured or killed!!!! It takes a village to raise a child who will protect your children from the likes of keith price.He is on the school board and park board as well as being an alderman what if he gets angry at a child. I believe that he either pays his voters with drink or drugs judging by the condition they have appeared at the polls in. OPEN YOUR EYES AND YOUR MOTHS BEFORE IT IS TO LATE
Ex-Harveyett wrote:
Mr. Price recently beat up a bussiness owners mechanic at 146th and Halsted because he didn't move fast enought to get his boss to move the cars from blocking his view and broke the mans jaw. The man also ended up with a fracture. Mr. Price was arrested and went to court in Markham. He was charged with a misdemeanor instead of a felony. Mr. Price was going to get 100 days in jail but Park commissioner Brenda Thompson spoke up for him since she works in Markham and he only got community service. Alderman Price Brags about what he did today. He is now running for Harvey library and South Suburban College Board of Trustees. This man needs to be challenged by the citizens of Harvey for sitting on numerious Boards which is aganist the law. He must be challenged by a citizen of Harvey, with a letter
sent to each board where he currently sit asking for a full investigation. Send it to the
Attorney Generals office. Are all of the citizens of Harvey afraid of him. If so, send the letter without your name because he will otherwise come to your house. You could be the next victim! The Harvey police is afraid of Mr. Price because he braggs about working for the "Feds" as he calls them. The FBI doesn't allow people to do wrong if they are informed.
Harvey and it's Mayor needs to take a stand
before this man ends up as the Mayor. Rumor is he will run for State Rep against Will Davis next year. Get Ready.
relative of the victim

Midlothian, IL

#109 Apr 8, 2009
OPEN YOUR EYES AND MOUTH BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!!!!
Witness

Palos Hills, IL

#110 Apr 9, 2009
I was in the court also. His mom NEVER testified against him, read the case.
madam

Chicago Heights, IL

#111 Apr 12, 2009
bigred wrote:
well now i know you dont know her, she is not big (smile), redbone, well thats a new one, have a blessed day.
ohhh i know her and she is biggun.bless you sweetie.
babygirl

Tinley Park, IL

#112 Apr 14, 2009
To madam, as the children to say, LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE. YOU ARE SUCH A NEGATIVE PERSON, WHATS YOUR SIZE, SHAPE AND NUMBER, I MUST UPDATE YOU ON TRUTH, IT IS A FACTOR. AND IT YOU JUST TRY IT (TRUTH) THAT IS, IT WILL SET YOU FREE
babygirl

Tinley Park, IL

#113 Apr 14, 2009
OH MY GOD MADAM I LEFT OUT, (WOULD SAY) (IF)PLEASE DO NOT SPEND A LOT OF TIME ON THIS MISTAKE, LETS TALK ABOUT THE ECONOMIC SITUATION, POLITICAL CIRCLE OF CORRUPTION, IN THE CITY 0F HARVEY, OR US OF AMERICA, POVERTY, UNEMPLOYMENT, CRIME IN THE US AND IN HARVEY PARTICULAR, MURDER, ROBBERIES, RAPES, WHICH NO ONE REPORTS ON, SO THE CITIZENS HAVE NO INFO, FOR THEIR OWN SAFTEY,THEY NEED TO BE AWARE, BUT NO ONE SPEAKS UP OR OUT, AND WHEN BT DOES IT SHE IS CONSIDERED A HATER, PLEASE GIVE ME A BREAK. WAKE UP EVERYBODY, THE CITY OF HARVEY NEEDS HELP.
madam

Chicago Heights, IL

#114 Apr 14, 2009
i'm telling the truth babygirl.i dont think bt would make a good mayor.i know her personally and she knows.i'm not saying she is a criminal but she has been apart of the harvey political climate for a long time.long enough to see that with her it would be business as usual.she has been involved with and owes so many that she would be unable to effectively run the city.that's the problem everybody wants to be the boss to impose their will and get revenge on each other.we need someone new.who can go in to office with no skeletons and excess baggage.someone who is able to do the job and whats best for the city with no debts to past campaign companions.
babygirl

Tinley Park, IL

#115 Apr 15, 2009
madam if you really knew bt and i mean not what your friends and political friends tell you, because they want to run for mayor, i understand your desire to support a new person running for mayor, because this is there strategy, but madam, you dont have a clue about bt or her political climate. bt has always fought for harvey against all odds, resentment from the david johnsons, eric kellogg, and i know you dont know this, she even stands up for what is best for harvey. she owes no one anything madam. bt has a mind of her own and can back it up, i know you want people to believe she would set out for revenge, but thats a lie, vengence is not hers its the lord. bt has the experience, years of experience, the guts to fight for the city and the citizens, she is loyal, she is definitely not corrupt and want tolerate corruption in her administration. she will fight for the employees and the businesses who have suffered under the previous and present admin. bt is the only one in the city of harvey who is capable of being a fair, experienced, knowledgeable, concerned and caring for the people in harvey, She would make a great mayor, and be the first female and first black female Mayor of harvey. She was the first Black female Police Commissioner in harvey and the united states. so her record speaks for itself, not to mention, the revenue that was earned under her time as Planning and Economic Director for 8 years.
babez

Crete, IL

#116 Apr 17, 2009
i saw you all sound like fools harvey been messed way before keih price came in theres no fixing it until everyone agrees to come together and act civilized and what benefits does working in harvey off shidd exactly so shut up
baby girl

Harvey, IL

#117 Apr 18, 2009
thats whats wrong now, everybody shuts up. speak out and make a difference. not just talk, act. everyone should know there were problems before keith, regardless what you people say about him, he is trying to make a difference, what are you people doing. ask the people in his ward. deal with the issue at hand, corruption, crime, unemployed, no activities to keep our children off the streets, you better ask somebody. focus on the people in charge, the mayor and his administration.
Wise One of Harvey

Oak Forest, IL

#118 Apr 18, 2009
No matter what you think or say about Chuck Givens--He's a winner! So baby girl--Go to your room, it's all over, Chuck Won. Brenda got 99 votes. He beat the socks off of her ragged mouth,
cursing butt.
babygirl

Tinley Park, IL

#119 Apr 20, 2009
wise one, give me a break, you are ignorant, thats what election are, someone wins and someone looses, god help you. dont call her those names, you try to tear her down to build chuck up. what a looser. brenda won the park district city wide, beat all of them, and thats city wide. get your facts straight. chuck won an election for the first time, was that vote fraud or low voter turnout, but no matter what he won, so what. im sure she is not sad or mad at him, grow up. shes been around a long time, shes a seasoned politcal lady, honey. stop hating and start appreciating. lets just see what chuck is going to do, so far everything he is about is in the six ward, whats up with that. and the way he treats the hispanics,is a shame.
Ex-Harveyett

River Grove, IL

#120 Apr 21, 2009
I thought this race was about the 1st ward?
Who's confused? Regardless Brenda lost. Move on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harvey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
District 142 Board Member out of control 7 min Yousuck 130
News Former Hells Angels Leader Sentenced (Nov '06) 3 hr Jesus Even Saves ... 187
Vals New Videos 9 hr soa 18
Beth Anne Thomas is suing the BIPD 11 hr Change is needed 80
Review: Style One Cuts 12 hr ColorClient2016 1
So what happenened to Ricky Rockets? (Jun '15) 16 hr Doubting Thomas 5
Domingo Vargas next Democratic Mayor of Blue Is... (Apr '09) Thu Unlimited Taxes 111
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harvey Mortgages