successful four year high school plan part 2 (parenting)
Posted in the Harvey Forum
#1 Aug 25, 2011
1. Be a student at being a parent ... theres always room to improve. Read parenting books, attend seminars, and learn from others. Etc.
2. Be a person of your word!
3. Set high expectations for your child and yourself and discuss them with your child.
4. Outline routines, chores, responsibilities, and set limits. Children need and desire boundaries, discipline, and guidance.
5. Let your child know verbally and by example, what your family values are.. it gives them a sense of value and family pride.
6. Be generally inquisitive about your child both in school and at home.
7. Create a positive partnership with your childs teachers.
8. Get involved in the school programs.
9. Support your childs interest. Attend their games, programs, etc.
10. Speak to your child with respect and demand the same from your child.
11. Let your child know that you are proud of them, you love them, you believe in them, you support them, and give them hugs.
12. DONT tell them what they cant accomplish. And, dont allow anyone else kill or block your childs dreams.
13. Have access to your childs E-mail account, Myspace, or Facebook accounts.
14. Do not allow them to go into chat rooms on the computer.
15. Limit their phone calls during the school week.
16. KNOW YOUR CHILD!
17. Put aside time to spend with just your child. Schedule that time in your calendar if necessary.
18. Teach them and demonstrate self respect and respect for others.
19. Ground them in your faith.
20. A FAMILY THAT PRAYS TOGETHER ... STAYS TOGETHER ....
For high school students, make sure they take the ACT PLUS exam.
#2 Sep 2, 2011
Add your comments below
|No Confidence in the BI Independent Party||1 hr||Keep Watching||21|
|Downed power lines||2 hr||The Greed Must End||21|
|124th Street Meetings||2 hr||123rd Sts Daddy||11|
|3 cheers for the 7 ward residents||3 hr||Perservere||3|
|What happened to Beautiful Mexican mural @ olde... (May '09)||3 hr||WOW||393|
|flooding reported in the 7th (Dec '15)||3 hr||Micro Bust||29|
|Vincennes Ave closed at 123rd pl||5 hr||Crony UP||5|
Find what you want!
Search Harvey Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC