Cop charged with bribery, misconduct

Cop charged with bribery, misconduct

There are 72 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 15, 2008, titled Cop charged with bribery, misconduct. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

A Harvey police officer is due in Bond Court on Wednesday on charges of bribery, official misconduct and theft, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
JMan

New York, NY

#2 Apr 16, 2008
Where did Neal Frundle get his police training, at the Chicago Police Acadamy?
never mind

Dolton, IL

#3 Apr 16, 2008
you people are shitty as hell posting other peoples buisness
jane wymann

Springfield, IL

#5 Apr 16, 2008
JMan wrote:
Where did Neal Frundle get his police training, at the Chicago Police Acadamy?
Probably, those cops that are trained there are the worst in the country. The most dirty and corrupt out there.
dont worry bout it

Dolton, IL

#6 Apr 16, 2008
jane wymann wrote:
<quoted text> Probably, those cops that are trained there are the worst in the country. The most dirty and corrupt out there.
i find it pretty funny that you douche bags thinks your hot shit takin shit over a bulliten...and this man risked his life everyday to save your ass...

do me a favor and swallow a bullet jane waymann=] k thanks
my name

AOL

#7 Apr 16, 2008
i happen to know ofc. frundle is a great cop, and a great person, so mind your own business
never mind

Dolton, IL

#10 Apr 16, 2008
WOW! get a life your probably some 40year old virgin with a myspace? am i right! yeah...

get off the computer hit up jennie craig STOP EATING fing the treadmill and do something with your life okay?
Insider

Chicago, IL

#11 Apr 17, 2008
Ofc. Frundle had 12 yrs. under his belt, he obviously made a bad choice and will pay for that choice. Truth is.... he is another mark on Harvey's record.... taking the honest non-corrupt members (there are a few left!!!) down another notch!!!
never mind

Dolton, IL

#13 Apr 17, 2008
ypu people are unbeliveable this isnt your buisness
A Sad Day

AOL

#15 Apr 17, 2008
Cops are not perfect. Everyday Officers are exposed to drug dealers walking around with thousands of dollars in drug money and when they get arrested, very rarely does anything happen. It is very discouraging. It would appear that the temptation just became too much and Officer Frundle made a bad decision. Now is the time to be understanding and realize that no one is perfect and everyone in life will make some bad decisions.
Bill

Hilo, HI

#16 Apr 17, 2008
A Sad Day wrote:
Cops are not perfect. Everyday Officers are exposed to drug dealers walking around with thousands of dollars in drug money and when they get arrested, very rarely does anything happen. It is very discouraging. It would appear that the temptation just became too much and Officer Frundle made a bad decision. Now is the time to be understanding and realize that no one is perfect and everyone in life will make some bad decisions.
Very true. Let this serve as a reminder to all police officers to fight those temptations because the courts will convict cops with more time that regular citizens because cops are public officals and are held at a higher standard. Now this dude will have to sell his home, cars, and possibly risk the lost of his family all for doin what Harvey Officers have been doing for years.
Insider

Chicago, IL

#17 Apr 17, 2008
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>Very true. Let this serve as a reminder to all police officers to fight those temptations because the courts will convict cops with more time that regular citizens because cops are public officals and are held at a higher standard. Now this dude will have to sell his home, cars, and possibly risk the lost of his family all for doin what Harvey Officers have been doing for years.
NOT ALL HARVEY OFFICERS!!!!!
Ex-Harvey Cop

Anderson, IN

#18 Apr 17, 2008
When I learned of this, I was very shocked.. I worked with Frundle years ago and I thought he was an honest good cop. I must say that there is no excuse for this. If you can't be honest, you shouldn't be a cop. He is just another example why people hate the police. All I can do is pray that he learns from this and that it doesn't destroy his family. Harvey is a town infested with crime and can rub off on even the most honest cops. I'm glad I never even had the temptation to be dishonest while working there. Harvey will always be Harvey.. I think Harvey is basically hell on earth, bottom line. I think God everyday that I moved out of that town and moved on to a better department.
Bill

Hilo, HI

#19 Apr 19, 2008
$600.00 and some weed for your job. I guess it was worth it. Too dam lazy to make the arrest. What did you think by letting this dealer off he would be your friend and maybe hook you up with some intel. Just plain old stupid. You can blame the officer but you can also blame the department because if HPD would pay a decent salary along with a little off duty work for the guys then most of them wouldn't take dumb azz risk such as this one trying to get an extra buck. The pay sucks the officer notices the dope boys making more loot, living better, driving better, eating better than him and the officer is the one out there risking his live everyday putting up with BS from the public and BS from the administration who only care about themselves and those who kiss there butt's and brown nose to get ahead. Any officer should always do his best because you chose this profession and never stoop to his level of dishonesty because if convicted with jail time those inside will know exactly who he is and what do you think is going to happen when he comes acroos someone he locked up in prison? I am surprised the FBI didn't get this case cause they love putting police officers in jail.
Mayor Daly

Midlothian, IL

#20 Apr 19, 2008
hey ...need a job in chicago, just toss the money in a bag over the fence, and your hired
HA HA HA

Oak Lawn, IL

#21 Apr 19, 2008
good for that junk axx cop probaly a honkie haha
12345ABC

Palos Hills, IL

#22 Apr 21, 2008
VOTE STOP BITCHIN AND VOTE! GET YOUR FUCKIN KIDS OFF THE STREET. RUN YOUR HOUSE DONT LET YOUR KIDS RUN YOUR HOUSE. "CORRUPT" COPS WORK THEIR ASS OFF FOR SHIT PAY AND TAKE MORE SHIT THAT YOU CAN IMAGINE. YES THERE ARE A FEW BAD APPLES BUT NOT ALL ARE BAD. THE BOTTEM LINE IS YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR ......
Not Gonna Throw

Mount Prospect, IL

#24 Apr 28, 2008
He's a nice guy, who, it seems, made a very poor decision. I'm sorry that he's put himself in this position and want to see justice served because that is what keeps this democracy working. His race is hardly an issue, men and women of every color serve their communities as officers and are to be commended for doing a difficult job during difficult times - that comment just showed your lack of education. Thank you to all the men and women who serve to keep my family and me safe.
meme

Chicago, IL

#25 Apr 29, 2008
this officer just got cought; this is not is first time. This just shows how lazy one gets when they have a badge and a gun. And the comment about jenny craig was plain stupid, because they dont serve jenny craig in the pen
Bill

Hilo, HI

#26 Apr 30, 2008
Everyone is right, Frundle is a nice guy and was a good cop. But what went wrong. I'm sure this isn't the first time, he just got caught. I think he had some rank taken away from him this year also. Anyone who knows the inner workings of this jacked up Department knows your days are numbered. The best advice to any officer working there is to go test elsewhere. If Neal was one of Kellogg's boys we would have never heard of this, but since he isn't like Hollis wasn't this is what happens. You have to be in the click in order to be taken care of and just coming to work and doing a good job everyday will not help. If you ain't one of buck's boys sorry, keep your mouth shut, come in and do your job the right way and go home. If you are one of his boys you still better do what's right cause one day you to will get caught up in some crap and be held out to dry with no back up from the boys. Truth is Harvey PD. has a very bad reputation of being dirty, not all the cops are bad but you know the one's who are just by the rap they carry. Harvey use to be a very well respected department that didn't take any crap. From Mayor Johnson and beyond this PD has went down. They need new blood in there, someone who is clean and who can wipe the dirty cops out over time. Someone who will run his own department and not have to clear decisions with Kellogg before making a move.
TangyZizzle

Wheatfield, IN

#27 Sep 2, 2008
I have looked around to find out if he was sentenced and what he got? Anyone have that information?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harvey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
School board meeting 4/20/17 7 hr Follow the Money 13
Ace Hardware coming soon? 10 hr Truth or Dare 6
midlothian is screwed 10 hr Truth or Dare 63
Moody and Madigan Poitics Hitting Hard in Chica... 13 hr Keep it in memory... 42
We should riot until Sharon is put back in power 13 hr Repubicans will r... 21
Results Now Party led by Fran Broke Topix 13 hr Lies and more Lies 7
midlothian is booming 14 hr yep 25

Harvey Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harvey Mortgages