Law drives beer nuts to brew

Law drives beer nuts to brew

There are 43 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 11, 2008, titled Law drives beer nuts to brew. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Two dozen guys are crowded into a basement, talking loudly over Triscuits, when Scott Oberman breaks the law.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
QtrSawn

Little Rock, AR

#42 Mar 16, 2010
As I recall, freedom of religion is also freedom from religion. I'm southern as grits and gravy and firmly believe my rights end with the infringement of some one else’s rights. Having said that to compare beer with crack is ignorant. If anyone thinks banning beer or any alcohol does any good we've learned nothing from prohibition. Also, it's been demonstrated that religion's involvement in government is usually bad for the citizens. The inquisition, witch trials, the denial that the world is round, and the middle east are all examples of why religion has no place in government. One's faith is a very personal thing, but a lot of religions serve mostly to perpetuate themselves first and God's will when convenient. Did not Jesus turn water into wine and serve it to the masses? Be an adult, be responsible for your actions, and don’t tread on my right to pursue happiness, especially if it’s in a frosted mug!
Fundit

Rogersville, AL

#43 Mar 16, 2010
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -
-- Benjamin Franklin
I love reading the little arguments that go on between people on these forums. I used to have a boss that would bicker through emails too. Oh the good old days...sigh
alabama guy

Peterborough, UK

#44 Mar 17, 2010
why do you yankee's turn even the simplest topics of conversation in to religous slur?
i think there must be something in the water over there to dumb you all down!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harvest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GD Designs Rochdale Reviews (7) 1 hr baikyabos 1
Black Riots Matter 1 hr KKK 9
Full service doctor and clinic 13 hr Herb Utsmells 2
Huntsville apartments Thu Good Advice 3
News Shoals Pyschiatrist Charged with Drug Trafficking (Mar '10) Thu MLK 37
Man Not Charged in Deadly Shooting on Hurricane... (Nov '13) Aug 19 Ratt Robinson 23
News Does the First Amendment Protect Deliberate Lies? Aug 17 Russell Carden 1

Harvest Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harvest Mortgages