ChildIn Critical Condition After Being Left Alone In A Truck

Full story: WHNT News 19 28
A 4 year-old girl is in critical condition at Huntsville Hospital after she got her neck caught in the window of her father's truck. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Brenda Lewis

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 May 20, 2010
Why did he leave the truck running?
Anonymous

Huntsville, AL

#2 May 20, 2010
Sure hope the little girl will be ok. How tragic.
jennifer

Mcewen, TN

#3 May 20, 2010
that's horrilble..yeah why did he leave the truck running and leaving..and to start with he shouldn't have left that little girl in the alone any ways..
jen

Mcewen, TN

#4 May 20, 2010
that's one thing that he shouldn't have done..i hope that little girl will be ok..that's horrible..
Prayers

Florence, AL

#5 May 20, 2010
Very sad, please let us know how she's doing.
Peter

Huntsville, AL

#6 May 20, 2010
People are you forgetting about the little boy and the lawn mower? I am sure he thought she would be safer in the truck so why don't you cut him a break
Charity

Columbus, GA

#7 May 20, 2010
My prayers go out to this family! I am sure that father is devestated to what is going on with the little girl! I am sure he probably thought she was safer in the truck if he is nearby. The artice doesnt say how long he was away or if the truck was in his sight at all times.
me in hsv

Arab, AL

#8 May 20, 2010
Peter --I won't cut the dad the break. Before (walking) children could be run down by lawnmower, the parents are taught/advised/informed when they have the baby not to leave children in a car (window down or not), especially in summertime, because they could die of heat stroke, BEFORE they could walk and get behind a running lawnmower and get killed that way.

When I first read the story yesterday, the "left in the car to do lawn work " part was missing, so I thought "poor child, it was a freak accident", even though I was wondering how a (carseat/booster) seatbelt- strapped child could get their neck in the window (I thought they were on the road, driving), but today I change my mind due to the new revelations.
Seriously

Denver, CO

#9 May 20, 2010
If he hadn't left the truck running, I am sure someone, with the same accusing attitude as on this board, would have reported him for child neglect for having a kid in a hot vehicle. Accidents happen, that is why most newer vehicles have a safer window switches. Regardless, the last thing the father needs is people making him feel worse than he already does. That girl and her family need our prayers, not finger pointing.
Peter

Huntsville, AL

#10 May 20, 2010
Me-I don't disagree however by saying cut him a break I mean I am pretty sure he feels bad enough without being second guessed by people who weren't there. dig it?
me in hsv

Arab, AL

#11 May 20, 2010
@Seriously - thought the windows were electric nowadays -so if the truck wasn't running-how did that window go up?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_window

Although accidents happen, adults have the ability to foresee/imagine a dangerous situation/outcome and prevent it.

Best wishes for recovery to this family!
GeeWiz

United States

#12 May 20, 2010
another one of those stories that make ya go ...hum !! yes accidents happen, but what was he thinking of leaving her in the car to begin with?
Praying

Gardendale, AL

#13 May 20, 2010
Hope for a speedy recovery, my prayers go out to the family...

Im sure the dad didn't mean for it to happen!
Sure he dosen't want to lose his 4-year old girl, possibly his only girl...
Fed Up

Pompano Beach, FL

#14 May 20, 2010
This so called "dad" needs to be charged with attempted murder or at the very least assault. First of all he's an idiot for leaving this child in the car for "any" reason whatsoever. I pray this little girl recovers, but I also pray that this dad is haunted by this for the rest of his life. He's extremely lucky that being a complete and total idiot is not against the law.
Learnyourfacts

Madison, AL

#15 May 20, 2010
Good job father of the year....
jamie

Meridianville, AL

#16 May 20, 2010
He may not have let the truck running, After I cut my car off, I have so much time to roll my windows up or doun.Why do some people want to make someone guilty before they know the whole story? Maybe you have nothing better to do, like sit on a computer all day.Give these people A break OK?
why not

United States

#17 May 20, 2010
sad....... dangerous to leave youngsters unattended in cars, even for a few minute
J Poole

Fayetteville, TN

#18 May 20, 2010
Ok I can see a 4 yr old in the truck while he is doing lawn work why was the keys in the truck with the child to begin with we all do crazy stuff but when it comes to the kids you got to stop and think I really hope the kid will be ok my thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family
vmoore

United States

#19 May 20, 2010
i will tell you that my husband has done stupid things like allowing our 4 yr & 7 yr old to ride in his truck in the front seat without a safety belt, all because he was too lazy to reach over and buckle them in.
even though i repeatedly told him that it was dangerous, his "man" genes kick him to tell him that nothing is going to happen, just like this father may have done.
the child could have been trying to get the father's attention or was hot and trying to let down the window to get air. it makes me sad and angry just thinking about it. charge him with manslaughter and let him go everywhere he can to tell other fathers not to take chances because this is what can happen.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#20 May 20, 2010
I hope this little girl makes a full recovery. This is a very sad story. I can't imagine how her dad feels.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harvest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 8 hr Soccer Blast 92
Best Mike Brown Jokes Tue mautin lutha kang 5
Are you part of the Jaguar Family? Dec 23 Bright Eyes 2
Why is Jay Leno sharing his Jaguar collection? Dec 22 CoffeeTalkJoe 1
Can the F-Type save Jaguar? Dec 19 Stan and Kyle 6
How will it impact Jaguar's Global sales?? Dec 19 CoffeeTalkJoe 1
Jason Klonowski Dec 19 Stan and Kyle 23
Harvest Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Harvest People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Harvest News, Events & Info