WHNT NEWS 19 is taking action to help...

WHNT NEWS 19 is taking action to help a Harvest resident who has be...

There are 16 comments on the WHNT News 19 story from Jul 1, 2010, titled WHNT NEWS 19 is taking action to help a Harvest resident who has be.... In it, WHNT News 19 reports that:

WHNT NEWS 19 is taking action for a frustrated Madison County resident. Rosie Carter lives in Harvest and is having a problems with a very unkempt property next door.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHNT News 19.

Rhoadee

Riverside, AL

#1 Jul 2, 2010
I suggest this woman needs to stick to her own knitting. She needs to get the plank out of her own eye before she tries to run someone elses business. She needs to get a job as she has too much time on her hands. Maybe she just needs to move.
Bad News

Madison, AL

#2 Jul 2, 2010
Forget it! No one will help you! Welcome to Madison County Alabama!
Cat Woman

Mingus, TX

#3 Jul 2, 2010
There are no laws in Madison County (Dale Strong’s District) enforcing property owners to maintain their land. I deal with property in my area every month (Government owned). The owners don't keep the area mowed. Of course once I make a call eventually someone will come out and take care of the problem. For years we had termite swarms due to the rotten wood chips on the land.
Sharona

Huntsville, AL

#4 Jul 2, 2010
Rhoadee...you are passing judgement on someone you don't even know...For your information....I have known this woman (as you call her) for 43 years. She has worked her entire life, never expecting a thing from anyone. She is a decent, hard-working individual that gives a "damn" about herself and her property. Most people, like her, don't appreciate filth and garbage left by others...You evidently have too much time on your hands. Bet you wouldn't want to have that mess next to your home.
Mr Man

Largo, FL

#5 Jul 2, 2010
Rhoadee wrote:
I suggest this woman needs to stick to her own knitting. She needs to get the plank out of her own eye before she tries to run someone elses business. She needs to get a job as she has too much time on her hands. Maybe she just needs to move.
Sounds like you own the broken-down house...
Luthais

Vicksburg, MS

#6 Jul 2, 2010
I have let my back yard return to its natural state, with lots of trees, bushes, and ground cover, all native. I keep out the weeds, vines, and invasive species and I keep it off the property lines, but otherwise I just let it go. I'm not being lazy, I actually like it that way. It makes me feel like I'm out in the woods rather than in the middle of Huntsville. I know one of my neighbors hates it, but oh well. I still keep up the front yard where I maintain a lawn and garden, and you cannot see the back yard from the front.

My point is that I'm all for a property owner's rights to do as they wish with their land, but it sounds like this one has gone too far. If there is garbage all over the place and the house is falling apart, that hurts the entire neighborhood. At the very least they are being inconsiderate and disrespectful. Hopefully the neighbors have some legal avenue they can pursue to protect their own property.
Elizabeth

United States

#7 Jul 2, 2010
If the county is too inept to do something about this eyesore, why doesn't Ms. Carter put a sign in the front yard of the property with the name and phone number of the owner on it? Sometimes public humiliation works!
Mrs Honey

Madison, AL

#8 Jul 2, 2010
Rhoadee wrote:
Rhoadee, have you consider that this woman may have worked hard all her life to have the property she has and worked even hard to make it a nice place only to have someone that don't care because they aren't living there to ruin the whole neighbor hood? She sounds like an elderly woman who probably can't afford to move and shouldn't have to put up with some redneck ruining her property value or her view. I think you are the one that needs to get a job.
ThisGuy

Huntsville, AL

#9 Jul 2, 2010
Sounds like she needs to forget about the MadCo Engineering Office and call the Health Department. If the property has unsanitary conditions (mold, standing water for mosquito breeding, garbage piles outside, etc), they have the power to condemn it, private property rights be damned.
Old School

Huntsville, AL

#10 Jul 2, 2010
I agree with the lady, I would personally burn the house and spray round-up on the property if I were her. NOBODY is going to cause my proerty values to go down without a fight and that is a cold, hard, fact.
Mr Azabar

Bay Minette, AL

#11 Jul 2, 2010
That is the problem with living outside the city limits in the county (any county). No zoning; No control. Somebody could come right in and put up a couple of chicken houses next door and there is NADA;NOTHING that you can do about that.
Bonnie

Estherville, IA

#12 Jul 2, 2010
I hope they stay on this. We must take care of our properties, it affects us as well as our neighbors. Take pride in all things.
Max

United States

#13 Jul 2, 2010
I am pretty sure Dale Strong will get something started now that this matter has made news, anything & everything to get a bit closer to the state house, right Dale boy>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
NICE

Elkmont, AL

#14 Jul 2, 2010
Old School wrote:
I agree with the lady, I would personally burn the house and spray round-up on the property if I were her. NOBODY is going to cause my proerty values to go down without a fight and that is a cold, hard, fact.
Oh, well that should look nice, a burned down house and a dead yard. Great idea!!!
RAISED RIGHT

United States

#15 Jul 2, 2010
I KNOW WHAT SHE IS GOING THROUGH. I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH NEIGHBORS YARDS JUNKED UP, BUT THEY ARE PEOPLE LIVING IN THE HOUSE BESIDE ME AND BEHIND ME. THE TOWN I LIVE IN ON THE MOUNTAIN SAYS THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. I WORK ALL DAY AT MY JOB AND COME HOME AND TRY TO KEEP MY PLACE LOOKING NICE. SOME PEOPLE JUST DON'T CARE.
RAISED RIGHT---SAND MTN

United States

#16 Jul 2, 2010
THAT IS NOT BIRMINGHAM EITHER IT IS SAND MOUNTAIN

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harvest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shopping center planned for lot near Redstone A... Apr 23 ThomasA 16
Building Church on Slaughter Road Apr 21 Chester Molester 16
News Murder trial begins for 30-year-old Huntsville ... (Jul '09) Apr 18 oldfriend 9
News Shoney's expanding with new locations in north ... Apr 15 ThomasA 4
How to deal with a back stabbing brown noser at... (Aug '10) Mar '17 mudinmyeye 29
manipulative coworker (Oct '16) Oct '16 Hillary Clinton 4
News Man Arrested For Breaking In To Same Home Twice... (Aug '10) Nov '15 Upset 29

Harvest Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harvest Mortgages