Trees down, power out

Trees down, power out

There are 18 comments on the Worcester Telegram & Gazette story from Oct 30, 2011, titled Trees down, power out. In it, Worcester Telegram & Gazette reports that:

A tree which succumbed under the weight of the heavy, wet snow, lies on the home at 34 Clifton St., Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Worcester Telegram & Gazette.

Carlos Jaime Melendez

Gardner, MA

#1 Oct 30, 2011
This is all Wong's fault. She hired the Bush-Cheney-Halliburton Hurricane Machine to get even with residents for her poor showing in the Primary.
Bye Lisa

Fitchburg, MA

#2 Oct 30, 2011
The new and improved Lisa has to give you a chuckle, she's so obvious. All her actions the past few week are a direct reaction to her poor showing in the election and nothing else.
Citizen01420

Fitchburg, MA

#3 Oct 30, 2011
Bye Lisa wrote:
The new and improved Lisa has to give you a chuckle, she's so obvious. All her actions the past few week are a direct reaction to her poor showing in the election and nothing else.
Bye Lisa has to give you chuckle, she's so obvious. All of her postings are a direct reaction to a real or imagined slight by the mayor and nothing else.

It must be tough knowing that no one recognizes your genius, "Bye Lisa". Maybe there's a good reason....

I'm so happy that you never made it past announcing your candidacy.
Bye Lisa

Westminster, MA

#4 Oct 30, 2011
Citizen01420 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bye Lisa has to give you chuckle, she's so obvious. All of her postings are a direct reaction to a real or imagined slight by the mayor and nothing else.
It must be tough knowing that no one recognizes your genius, "Bye Lisa". Maybe there's a good reason....
I'm so happy that you never made it past announcing your candidacy.
Not even close, and I stand by my opinion. Most feel the same way.
Citizen01420

Fitchburg, MA

#5 Oct 30, 2011
Bye Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close, and I stand by my opinion. Most feel the same way.
Those of you who choose a candidate based on emotion rather than reason and logic feel the same way. Saying that most feel the same way is wishful thinking on your part. You have no way of validating that statement. We won't know until the election results are in.

It's frightening that there are so many of you who want to return to the pre-Wong days of financial mismanagement, backroom deals, and incompetent city government. It's not what I want for my city. It's not what the city needs to continue its recovery.
Bye Lisa

Westminster, MA

#6 Oct 30, 2011
Citizen01420 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those of you who choose a candidate based on emotion rather than reason and logic feel the same way. Saying that most feel the same way is wishful thinking on your part. You have no way of validating that statement. We won't know until the election results are in.
It's frightening that there are so many of you who want to return to the pre-Wong days of financial mismanagement, backroom deals, and incompetent city government. It's not what I want for my city. It's not what the city needs to continue its recovery.
Time will tell.
Citizen01420

Fitchburg, MA

#7 Oct 30, 2011
Bye Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
Time will tell.
Exactly my point.
The truth

Schenectady, NY

#8 Oct 31, 2011
Why is Wong quoted in an article as saying that globally Fitchburg will have power today but she told city departments yesterday that the outage could go on for several days? As of last night Unitil was stating several days for full restoration of power as well.

What's the truth?
Informed Voter

Townsend, MA

#10 Oct 31, 2011
Unitil Power Outage update - Damage assessment is being completed. Global Estimated Time of Restoration: tomorrow. 350 wire down calls, none are holding up police or fire.

Read more: http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com/breaking...

Problem with reading comprehension. That's Unitils update, not the Mayor.
Too much

Fitchburg, MA

#13 Oct 31, 2011
Voter wrote:
Googled it, here's the cached version. This is the article that was pulled. Sure looks like it says Mayor Wong issues storm update...doesn't it?
UPDATED: Fitchburg Mayor Wong issues storm update - Sentinel ...www.sentinelandenterprise.c om/breakingnews/ci_19227860You +1'd this publicly. Undo
23 hours ago – UPDATED: Fitchburg Mayor Wong issues storm update. Sentinel & ... Global Estimated Time of Restoration: tomorrow. 350 wire down calls,...
Lisa, take a chill pill. Your updates on Facebook are out of control, we know what you're trying to do but you're over doing it now. You can't make up for 3 1/2 years on poor comunication in 4 weeks, your look far to desperate.
Too much

Fitchburg, MA

#15 Oct 31, 2011
Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you seriously accusing me of being Wong? Really? I've been posting on here under "Voter" from this ISP for quite some time.
Not at all, I was just adding to yours.
Too much

Fitchburg, MA

#16 Oct 31, 2011
If that was her post there would be many "I's" in it.
Positive Fitchburg

Fitchburg, MA

#18 Oct 31, 2011
The bashing continues, dwelling on the negitive issues.

How about going to the warming shelter at the senior center and spreading something as simple as a smile, nothing more nothing less.

Help your fellow Fitchburg resident, oops its easier to sit in your kitchen and spread hate.

Yes, I did spend time at the center and now I'm at home resting. Looking to fill your heart with warmth and kindness look no further than the senior center!

Stop the crying and start doing something positive.
Informed Voter

Townsend, MA

#19 Oct 31, 2011
Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
The S&E pulled the article but there was a story this morning that quoted the Mayor as saying that power would be restored globally for Fitchburg by this evening. No reading comprehension issues at all.
I read the paper at 7:00 a.m. and then checked it multiple times throughout the day. Did not see the article you quouted. Also tried to cut and paste the link you had in your post, but that came back with a completely different article in the Sentinel. I'll believe it when you can provide me a link to the story.
just sayin

United States

#20 Oct 31, 2011
Informed Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the paper at 7:00 a.m. and then checked it multiple times throughout the day. Did not see the article you quouted. Also tried to cut and paste the link you had in your post, but that came back with a completely different article in the Sentinel. I'll believe it when you can provide me a link to the story.
The article they were quoting was a storm update by the mayor that included (by the paper) Unitil's latest estimate at the bottom of the article. If you we'ren't paying attention, it looked like the mayor was making the estimate. The mayor does not make estimates of power restoration. She didn't during the ice storm and she's not doing it now.
Dope

Fitchburg, MA

#21 Oct 31, 2011
Informed Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
We can't help it if you're stupid.
Lisa

Fitchburg, MA

#22 Oct 31, 2011
I will buy the infrastructure and run it myself. I can do it all. Cant wait for this one. t will crumble like the roads. I guess I just don't know my limitations.
Informed Voter

Townsend, MA

#23 Nov 1, 2011
just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The article they were quoting was a storm update by the mayor that included (by the paper) Unitil's latest estimate at the bottom of the article. If you we'ren't paying attention, it looked like the mayor was making the estimate. The mayor does not make estimates of power restoration. She didn't during the ice storm and she's not doing it now.
Agreed, she would be pretty foolish to do so and I'm sure she doesn't and never will provide direct statements about power being returned. That would be like me stating the nations economy will be back in the black by next week. I posted the article above, but the loonies swear it was a different article. It was not, they just didn't pay attention. Thank you, Just sayin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harvard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Westford neighbors demand action on rowdy Nasho... (Jul '10) Aug 18 Cher 235
News He 'never told me how this happened' (May '08) Aug 9 THE BOY IN BLUE 37
News Is The Driving Age In MA Too Young? (Apr '06) May '16 EverettCitizen 327
News Bolton call firefighter charged in Lancaster, M... (May '15) May '16 FF wife 2
News Cragin's life has spanned many genres (Jan '08) Apr '16 Jeffrey Irvine 610 2
Political Correct Hollywood is Leading the War ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Culture Auditor 1
News JBOS group to work on proposed Devens zoning ch... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Reside 1

Harvard Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harvard Mortgages