Group makes pitch for new school in H...

Group makes pitch for new school in Harvard

There are 1 comment on the Northwest Herald story from Sep 28, 2008, titled Group makes pitch for new school in Harvard. In it, Northwest Herald reports that:

HARVARD A group running a referendum campaign backing the proposed construction of a $20 million school is trying to explain what impact the new school will have on property taxes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Northwest Herald.

Jack Small

Chicago, IL

#1 Oct 4, 2008
While the mayor and town council beat the drum for growth and and economic development to incxrease the tax base, the reality is that more people with kids have come for low paying jobs and the economy is faltering. Walmart has hurt the Ayer street and Sullivans. Many private folks are also close to economic collapse. There is no money for such a project. Why not convert the failed buisnesses into
classrooms or better yet encourage home schooling. Home schooled kids on the average preform much better than public school kids. Or combine the two.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harvard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My love affair Jun 26 Mark 3
The Murder of Leon Blankenfeld by Chris Martin ... (Jul '12) May '15 Arlene Mohansen 7
Poll How do you MOST remember Chris Martin, the murd... (Jul '12) May '15 Cwj1989 8
News Police: Heroin provided by uncle (Aug '09) Oct '13 reopencase 10
adam barnett: dangerous man in harvard, il (Jun '13) Jun '13 absent fiasco 1
News Ingram, Delmar Loren (May '13) May '13 The Bellon Family 1
tarven (Jan '13) Jan '13 kentuckyy 1
More from around the web

Harvard People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Harvard Mortgages