thank god I moved

Hammond, IN

#1 Jul 20, 2007
I lived in harvard for almost two years.The only thing around were six or seven bars.People who grew up there stick together but in ways that are just terrible. People loved to talk about everyone else even though they were the ones who should of been talking about themselves.Alot of stupid gossip and people new to the town were treated as outsiders.I worked at a couple of the bars and when it came to back stabbing and gossip they are number 1. It is terrible how people have nothing exciting in their lives so they have to ruin other peoples lives with their BS.. That town brings people down and I hope that the few people I can actually call friends gets out like I did.
Todd

Irving, TX

#3 Dec 27, 2007
I agree. Also, the hispanic population has gotten way out of hand. They pretty much run the town now. I have lived there for almost 2 years and plan on moving very soon.
Rats-achusetts

Bay City, MI

#4 Jan 14, 2008
Harvard sucks, but as a whole Boston sucks and Massachusetts sucks. I had heard of "Mass-Holes" back in college, but had forgot and was surprised when I encountered the Massachusetts mind set. What a collective of self-absorbed pricks. For fun, while smoking outside of a Red Sox game, I gushed about how nice and welcoming Bostonians are. Everybody I said this to took the bait and, with shocked looks on their faces, told me things like "you're kidding! People here are ass-holes, especially to people who aren't from here." Bostonians are quick to tell you all about how shitty Bostonians are when you tell them how happy you are to be in Boston. Idiots. If you tell them you hate the place they tell you to BLEEP yourself. On my way through Harvard's streets I was stopped by a nice, little old lady who asked my politely to fill out a survey she was conducting. I really wished I could have helped her out but I was hustling to get to a tour bus I had to catch. I began to apologize to her and explain my rush when she turned to her co-worker and, in the middle of my apology, said "Jesus, I don't want their life story." Katrina hit the wrong place. By the way, what kind of retards put gajillions of dollars building a tunnel that kills people? The same kind of retards who add so much land-fill to increase real estate that over 75% of the city is land fill. Harvard sucks, Boston sucks, Massachusetts sucks, the North East sucks.
From CT

Windsor, CT

#5 Jan 21, 2008
I wholesomely agree. But, the Northeast has many redeeming qualities... just not the Boston area and the rest of New England outside the NY metro area. From a CT (more similar to a NY perspective), people from eastern Massachusetts are 10 times worse to us because we are closer in mindset to, dare I say, New York! Imagine how you would be treated if you were wearing a Yankees hat! I hope CT succeeds from New England.
francisco

United States

#7 Sep 17, 2011
well just by saying Bars in town,were you get the town information ,tells it all...people talk in bars about other people, their mother or sons, schools even about U.F.O.s you needed to come out from the bars,check out our people here,our chucrhes,store,etc...our milk day.stop talking about Harvard ...stop drinking that miller that hads you blind to our town....And i wouldnt talk,the city of Elgin hads lots of crine and drugs.....stay in Elgin your kind isnt welcome in Harvard anyway!
francisco

United States

#8 Sep 17, 2011
Todd wrote:
I agree. Also, the hispanic population has gotten way out of hand. They pretty much run the town now. I have lived there for almost 2 years and plan on moving very soon.
well let me say this,Harvard is a hard working town ! just because hispanic wanta work and you dont,move also!you can go with your friend to Elgin,ill and drink millers all day,but here this hispanic are eveywhere,and if we had a way to the moon we work there also!
francisco

United States

#9 Sep 17, 2011
Harvard,ill may have some things wrong, all city do!but here in Harvard just look around our police and firemen do their best to serve...our kids try their best in school...and just look at our women of Harvard so pretty,our white,black,and hispanic ladys so tender so loveing..it is an honor to work and live in Harvard,ill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harvard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama continues to suck, Hillary eats shit Apr '16 Zeke the Pinhead 1
Clinton to blow Trump on National TV Apr '16 Zeke the Pinhead 1
Busty, long legged Zika Pinhead wanted Mar '16 zeke the pinhead 1
Poll How do you MOST remember Chris Martin, the murd... (Jul '12) Feb '16 Mogley 11
The Murder of Leon Blankenfeld by Chris Martin ... (Jul '12) Feb '16 Amyed 9
Heritage house restaurant Jan '16 Jon 2
News Police: Heroin provided by uncle (Aug '09) Oct '13 reopencase 10

Harvard Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harvard Mortgages