Hit and Run Kills Cub Scout - NewsCha...

Hit and Run Kills Cub Scout - NewsChannel 5.com - Nashville, Te...

There are 43 comments on the NewsChannel5.com Nashville story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Hit and Run Kills Cub Scout - NewsChannel 5.com - Nashville, Te.... In it, NewsChannel5.com Nashville reports that:

Police have been searching in Trousdale County for a driver who hit and killed a child Tuesday night then drove away.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsChannel5.com Nashville.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sad Mother in pack 122

Round Rock, TX

#1 Feb 10, 2010
Please keep this family and scout pack in your thoughts and prayers. Also pray for the person reponsible for this. Please come forward if you have any information in this case, so that the family can have some closure.
freedomfirst

Madison, TN

#2 Feb 10, 2010
Will keep all in our prayers.
member of the church

United States

#3 Feb 10, 2010
my thoughts & prayers are with this family.
Mark Williams

Nashville, TN

#4 Feb 10, 2010
Im so sorry for your tragic loss.Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.And I hope that the sheriffs dept./THP finds the person(s) responsible for this tragedy.
lakerfan

Columbia, TN

#5 Feb 10, 2010
Sad Mother in pack 122 wrote:
Please keep this family and scout pack in your thoughts and prayers. Also pray for the person reponsible for this. Please come forward if you have any information in this case, so that the family can have some closure.
You are kind regarding your thoughts about the driver. Of course my thoughts and prayers are with the child's family and friends. I'm finding it hard to feel anything but anger at a person who could run over a child and just drive away like nothing happened.

Since: Apr 09

Gallatin, TN

#6 Feb 10, 2010
lakerfan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are kind regarding your thoughts about the driver. Of course my thoughts and prayers are with the child's family and friends. I'm finding it hard to feel anything but anger at a person who could run over a child and just drive away like nothing happened.
I'm with you on having anything but angry for the driver who did this. I don't understand how anyone could do this kind of thing then leave a child for dead.

My prays are with this family and I pray they get the person who did this awful crime. The family will never get closeure until the person is found. They will never get over the death but maybe in time the pain will get easier.

Lakerfan, Carolyn got to have her birthday party and it went off great. She was so happy and she deserved it so much. She really is such a happy child. Breaks my heart when I hear of any family losing a child.
Jim in Nashville

Nashville, TN

#7 Feb 10, 2010
Words can not express how this saddens me. Our thoughts and prayers are with this young mans family. I wish there was something we could do or say to help ease the pain of this tragedy.
Pat KY

United States

#8 Feb 10, 2010
My thoughs & prayers goes out to the families & friends. May God wrap his arms arround the parents of this Angel.
butch burnette

Smyrna, TN

#9 Feb 10, 2010
as an eagle scout and the thp dispatcher to take this call i imideately prayed for the little feller and again later while trying to dispatch people to find the vehical then when i heard he had died i prayed again for god to accept him into his arms a small child inocent of fear or worries god bless him
Sad mother in Pack 122

Pompano Beach, FL

#10 Feb 10, 2010
Sad Mother in pack 122 wrote:
I wish I could has said more about this person, and I did on my personal facebook. But this is not the place. I know when I got the phone call last night after I laid my son in bed, all I could do was pray for his family. I tossed and turned all night long unable to sleep. I hope this person will come forward. My son has asked me all afternoon, "who would have done this" I am with him as well.

I seen a show on tv once (one of those real life ER shows) a mother standing over her son who had been shot... she said some thing close to "I would rather be standing here then on the other side of this story... if it would have been my son who pulled the trigger..." I thought this closly applies. I would rather be one who know the sweet lil boy that he was then to know the person who could not even stop to help.

This is a small town, someone will come forward with some info at some point. Everyone talks, and this whole town is looking for that car.

So again, pray for all sides in this story... the family of the scout, his fellow scouts and frinds, and yes even the person that would not stop.
Tammy

Lebanon, TN

#11 Feb 10, 2010
As a mother of four my thoughts and prayers are with this family and my god bless them and give them the strength to go on and carry this little boys memory.
lakerfan

Murfreesboro, TN

#12 Feb 10, 2010
Every day we see sad stories on the news but this one has just stayed with me all day. I feel so bad for the family and friends of this beautiful little boy. In the past four years I have seen my brother and my best friend lose sons. It's the worst nightmare a parent can know. There is going to be a long road for them as you grieve and I wish them the best. This just breaks my heart.
Jon

AOL

#13 Feb 10, 2010
There is no excuse to not stop.The driver needs to found, and; justice needs to prevail.How can anyone hit a kid, a living human being, and; just keep going their merry way? I could not leave a dog or a cat or any animal if I accidentally or even wronfully hit it. This combined with the speeder who killed a 56 year old man over a bet tells me we need to really take a good look at values, morals, plus teaching right and wrong. The neighbor man is sick over his trash can as the cause. I respect him. He was no way in fault. He at least has guts. I have no sympathy for the driver as residential areas are known to have kids dart out in front of vehicles. A kid might be running after a ball,his pet, or many other things.I pray this driver turns himself/herself in.
scoutmaster

Westmoreland, TN

#14 Feb 10, 2010
This is such a tragedy,I know the family personally and they are great people. The Dad and myself were talking the other night,it just hits home. I can't start to think how they fill.Please keep this family in your prayers and give your kids a little extra hug and maybe tell them how much you love them.GOD comfort them
mom2boys

United States

#15 Feb 10, 2010
I think I can speak for most, if not all, the Scouters in the whole Middle TN Council - we are all very saddened to hear about this tragedy. He was such a fine looking young man, and an eager Cub Scout, doing a good turn for someone. There are no magic words to comfort this family, but I hope they know that there are hundreds of people they've never met, that are sending up prayers and sending them love. May God be with them.
Jimmie King

Woodbury, TN

#16 Feb 10, 2010
God Bless that little one and his Parents and Family. At this time who knows if the driver just thought they had hit a large Trash can that shouldn't have been in Road. By now the person knows and you know is very scared, but should come forward and tell their side of this story. Not Hit and Run by Hitting a Trash Can. So I hope they come forwards now and clear this up.
Old Cub Scout

Nashville, TN

#17 Feb 10, 2010
Pack 93. Southwest Missouri. 1970. 1971. We'll miss you Nathen. Go with God.
Landon from jsms

Gallatin, TN

#18 Feb 10, 2010
My sister used to help him with home work my best wishes to the family
praying for peace

Westmoreland, TN

#20 Feb 10, 2010
I am from Hartsville and now live in Westmoreland, my best friend is his baby brother's babysitter. This is extremely sad. I have a 5 yr old son, and I am always telling him to be careful because you never know. It is sooo sad that this has happened. They are good people and Nathan was sooo sweet and had such good manners when I met him. I have spent the day with my friend, she is taking it very hard as she is very close with the family. It is definately a tragedy. I just hope they find the person who did this. If it was an accident and they did not realize they hit and killed a little boy, they should've heard about it by now and come forward. I will continue to pray for the family on this sad sad day.
close_freind

Antioch, TN

#21 Feb 11, 2010
He will be extremely missed! and pray for the family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what was commissioner Belcher fighting about 6 hr Trousdale native 8
Daniel Brewer Wed Single ex 1
bryant crenshaw (Sep '11) Tue Dre crenshaw 5
Trousdale Turner Tue Telling the truth 18
Rickie branscum and Jennifer claywell Oct 16 God u people 4
Mayor Carman's "Fixed Court" Oct 16 Dig In 1
Child Support office Oct 14 Curious 7

Hartsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance