First Prev
of 2
Next Last
flowers

Portland, TN

#1 Mar 16, 2011
ok everyone i went to HELP CENTER the other day ,,i thought it was suppose to have low prices hadnt been there for while.i use to go there every week.. well i wont go back till they take the paxtons out of there.. i went in hunting for flowers to put on my dad and brothers grave cause i can never afford new ones.. so i been going there for many years.. well i found some didnt have no price marked on there so we ask how much and the paxton girl said couple dollars so i told my mom we get them..so why were back there getting the other one mrs. paxton comes running back there telling me there 20 dollars i said 20 dollars these flowers arent worth 20 dollars so i told my my mom hell if u have to pay that price for used we go to lebanon and go goodwill over there.. these people are very rude ,,prices are to high for stuff that gets donated..were low income familys we have the right to be there..all i wanted was flowers to put on my father and brothers grave..
is it true

Columbia, SC

#2 Mar 16, 2011
Sorry to hear bout u dad and brother I havent been back there since she took over and iv seen her take food boxes out of there and put in her car I thought it was suppose to be for low income familys
betty

Portland, TN

#3 Mar 16, 2011
it suppose to be for the town hartsville. not there own goods i been told by 2 or 3 people they had been caring things out of there and putting it in there vechiles, the people of hartsville doesnt need those kind of people working for us in the help center u need to report it and as far as prices it should be at affordable prices that why we donate so people who need can afford it ..
nancy

Clover, SC

#4 Mar 16, 2011
I think they need new people running it casue I have also heard about paxton taking things from there for her own use. And it so much cheaper just to go to walmart to get stuff instead hartsvilles help center. Its not helping no one but brenda paxton and her family.
betty

Portland, TN

#5 Mar 16, 2011
its hell when you cant go help center and buy things with cash cause its to high and people changing prices from a couple dollars to 20 dollars.so to hear bout what happen to you flowers.your one that never forgets to put flowers on graves not to many people do it any more. may be they should put you in charge of help center instead of paxtons.. i vote for ya lol
S Paxton

Goodlettsville, TN

#6 Mar 18, 2011
The Help Center is a board of directors run organization. If you have a concern about the Help Center please consider joining the board.
The Help Center prices are very consistant with other thrift stores in the area. We regularly go to other trift store to ensure that Hartsville is getting a fair deal.
I personnally know of boxes are carried out of the Help Center and are placed in the Paxton car such as
1) Boxes of food that are delvered at no cost for clinets who do not have a way to get it home
2) Boxes of wet trash that are carried to the dump so they don't smell up the place.
3) Boxes of large serving items (such as 20 pound bags of flour) that are taken home to be divided into smaller servings so more familiys can recieve the item. You forgot to mention the bringing back of those boxes.
4) Boxes of excess items which are shared with other agencies
5) Boxes of items paid for
The Help Center staff is not perfect and will continue to do their best. Please get invoveld as a volunteer worked or board member so we can make it better
hartsville people

Goodlettsville, TN

#7 Mar 18, 2011
hartsville people cannot afford to do this. before, there were so many more helped than now. they are too controlling, and do not care about the poor people in this town. even the people that work here are not happy. just ask them what changes have been made since these people have taken over. it is not a place for people that are hungry, they have too many regulations. who cares about regulations, when people have no food. give it to them.
S Paxton

Goodlettsville, TN

#8 Mar 18, 2011
More families are being helped than ever before. More food is in each box. In order to get Second Harvest food, USDA food and grant money regulations must be followed. Don't like the idea but that's the way it is. The Help Center staff will work with anyone to help them through the paperwork. People never like change, even when it is for the best in the long run.
grew up here

Portland, TN

#9 Mar 18, 2011
you mean for u dont u paxton, why are u up there being boss shouldnt u be at the school working . and as far as help i think delevering boxes to people is a good thing but how do we no thats what it is..and theres no more help going on than there was.how many jobs you have .maybe u could give one up and let someone who doesnt have one have it..i love this town been many years,grew up here,and as far as board there only going to put who they want in there.. we no how it works.and why have our prices the same as other help centers we live here not in a big town were theres more people and money.whats going to happen is people going to quit coming and spending there money there u wait and see.the HELP CENTER is for the poor
Darlene

Nashville, TN

#10 Mar 18, 2011
Obvious, these complaining people don't know the Paxton's. They are very good, loving christian people that would do anything in their power to help anyone who needs help. I have known this family for a very long time and honored to call them my friends/family. I used to love living here in Hartsville, but it's comments like this that turns people away. Besides there has always been regulatiaons and paperwork. Ya now it's so easy to judge, we don't have that authority. The help center works on volunteers. If you want to know more about it try doing it.
change

Portland, TN

#11 Mar 18, 2011
what are you talking about change this has to do with prices being to high and trying to run it like were a big town.and why CHANGE SOMETHING IF ITS NOT BROKE it worked all these years this way and we havent had no complaints till now.
janet

Portland, TN

#12 Mar 18, 2011
sorry ,everyone knows the paxtons and i havent seen nothing wrote in none of these forums bad about them.
Curious

Goodlettsville, TN

#13 Mar 18, 2011
janet wrote:
sorry ,everyone knows the paxtons and i havent seen nothing wrote in none of these forums bad about them.
that's why we shop out of town the prices are to high here and flowers at other help centers aren't 20 dollars.I've never been to hartsville help center but to all others and they are cheap prices and people don't look at you like your scum either and people here won't go in this one because of it.
S Paxton

Goodlettsville, TN

#14 Mar 18, 2011
There have been people complaining about the help center since it was opened. We are recieving no more complaints than we always have. The difference is this forum allows complaints without proof. I don't know about the specific issue of the price of flowers (what size, how many, was it a matched set etc). I do know we are not too high.
The numbers prove that more people are recieving assistance from the help center than ever before.
As I wrote earlier, we welcome anyone who wishes to join the board of directors. My position is a volunteer one, without compensation and accomplished on my free time. We welcome any and all volunteers to help.
john

Portland, TN

#15 Mar 18, 2011
open your eyes steve this has to do with money and the econmy.this has nothing to do with board or voluntering.people cant afford to gas prices are to high.half these people are living on fixed incoms they do and go were they need to with what money they got.so instead of throwing in what you have did to help people throw in there what you can do to help people.this has nothing to do with disliking people or liking people,we all love our town hell were proud of it.and proud of the people in it,thank you john
Resident

United States

#16 Mar 22, 2011
The Paxton's have always been nice to me.
family friend use to be

York, SC

#17 Mar 22, 2011
Well just cause they was nice to u dont mean they r to every one I remember when steve charged his 15 year old son rent and they take stuff from the help center.
I know to

York, SC

#18 Mar 22, 2011
Why cant his wife do her own job and him his half time,u see him hes at the school with the,band and when u call his office u get answer machine. And y cant,it be seperated at the,store y take it home .
Martha

Hendersonville, TN

#19 Mar 22, 2011
Be fare people, I have always been told,that the people that work there get first choice,that is there pay for voluntering.You are probably someone that has never donated to a help center.When I donate, I don't care who gets it,as long as they need it.
Resident

United States

#20 Mar 22, 2011
People need to appreciate even having a help center
here in Hartsville.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anthony Warner 8 min true 12
sugar baby needed 1 hr sdaddy 1
If you could get with a married woman or man ... 1 hr ibeatmyweenerdailly 3
Heather east 3 hr BigFoot 2
F the grim reepers bunch of p****s 3 hr Larry from scotts... 14
Boswell and Scruggs Feb 20 missunderstood 6
Jessica scruggs (May '17) Feb 20 lmao 15

Hartsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance