Beach in New Rochelle

Posted in the Hartsdale Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sharon

Englewood, NJ

#1 Jan 15, 2010
It is hudson Park Beach in new rochelle

Since: Jan 08

Kingston, NY

#2 Jan 16, 2010
Spent many years at that beach from the 50's til I moved in 1978.. Loved it. Still visit when I am down that way.
New Rochelle Guy

Bronx, NY

#3 Jan 16, 2010
Carol424 wrote:
Spent many years at that beach from the 50's til I moved in 1978.. Loved it. Still visit when I am down that way.
I was a Glen Island person probably because I lived right near there.

Since: Jul 09

Stillwater, PA

#4 Jan 16, 2010
Many, many happy memories of Hudson Park...especially loved high tide!
dennis

Bronx, NY

#5 Jul 6, 2010
Best place in the 60;s-70's
jim dandy

Morning Sun, IA

#6 Jul 10, 2010
I know it's me...I have and maintain the countless, negative memories of New Rochelle and surrounding areas. Summers past, when you,and family, could go to Hudson Park, Glen Island, or any area beaches, for a day on the water. Does anyone remember, from their youth era...stepping off, if they dared....the imported beach fronts, into Long Island Sound...filfth? When the imported sand ended (low tides), the muck (sewage), black mayonaise, up to and above your knees? Is not, Long Island Sound...was and remains, a open sewer/septic tank? And continuues? To all of you here, that have such wonderful memories of New Rochelle...best wishes,that you lasted this long! When it hits, your kids or grand kids...Oh I didn't know! You are a liar! Take your place and rot in Hell!

Since: Oct 10

Phitsanulok, Thailand

#7 Oct 9, 2010
Just found this site-Born and raised in NR.1950 LEFT in around 1988.Went to NR HIGH.Anyone remember me have twin brother

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#8 Oct 20, 2010
Carol424 wrote:
Spent many years at that beach from the 50's til I moved in 1978.. Loved it. Still visit when I am down that way.
Come back, Carol. Just for a day. The beach is calling.....
mrssweets

Jupiter, FL

#9 Oct 21, 2010
Days on the pier and swimming out to the float and the hot dogs! I sat with my foil covered album cover soaked in baby oil with iodine. So, now at 60 there is now wonder why I have skin cancer! The days of spring breaks were spent trying to get a tan wearing our winter coats as the wind would blow.
Those were the days of our old days.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#10 Oct 22, 2010
mrssweets wrote:
Days on the pier and swimming out to the float and the hot dogs! I sat with my foil covered album cover soaked in baby oil with iodine. So, now at 60 there is now wonder why I have skin cancer! The days of spring breaks were spent trying to get a tan wearing our winter coats as the wind would blow.
Those were the days of our old days.
But you were so cute!

Pete and his wife at the concession stand have passed away. I still see "little" George once in a while.

Well, I'm off to the Mayflower Donut Shop, see you later.
mike

Bronx, NY

#11 Oct 26, 2010
the man with the bathing suit is Tim Mcguire

Since: Oct 10

Ayutthaya, Thailand

#12 Oct 26, 2010
Dont tell me the Mayflower is still open.The hotdogs from Hudson park were the best.I loved growing up in New Rochelle,when we had 3 movie theaters.I remember it being 25 cents.I worked at the Hess gas station on main street,with jackie hess and his brother charles.Gas was 27 cents agallon.1960s and 70s.Miss New Rochelle alot,going to visit soon

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#13 Oct 26, 2010
N Rappa wrote:
Dont tell me the Mayflower is still open.The hotdogs from Hudson park were the best.I loved growing up in New Rochelle,when we had 3 movie theaters.I remember it being 25 cents.I worked at the Hess gas station on main street,with jackie hess and his brother charles.Gas was 27 cents agallon.1960s and 70s.Miss New Rochelle alot,going to visit soon
Remember the Saturday morning kids' movies at RKO?

Nah,. I was pulling your leg, no more Maygflower.
We all go to AJ's Burghers on North Ave, now.

I remember the Hesses, they lived right behind the Hess station, but no relation. I think there was a little sister too.

We miss you too, Rappa, but I can't place you.

I think that might be Bob Smith, the fisherman and WWII Merchant Marine sailor on the < left.>
Squire

Ossining, NY

#14 Oct 26, 2010
Isn't that Petes Green karmann Ghia(?) in the background in front of the consession stand?
I also have fond memories of old Hudson Park.
A time gone forever along with the Ship Ahoy,
Go-pos deli.,Irish Center,Allens sport shop,
Mayflower,Pink Poodle,Georges,Robert Hall,Candle
Lite club,Grants,Arnold Constable and the old Mall
(Macys). When New Rochell was N.R.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#15 Oct 27, 2010
Squire wrote:
Isn't that Petes Green karmann Ghia(?) in the background in front of the consession stand?
I also have fond memories of old Hudson Park.
A time gone forever along with the Ship Ahoy,
Go-pos deli.,Irish Center,Allens sport shop,
Mayflower,Pink Poodle,Georges,Robert Hall,Candle
Lite club,Grants,Arnold Constable and the old Mall
(Macys). When New Rochell was N.R.
Ah, Herman singing at the SHIP.

Don't forget the shore....Parkview, Buzzy & Dicks, Hughies, Billy Budds, Pelham Inn, the Barge.

There was nothing like growing up in New Rochelle...except going drinking in New Rochelle.
Nick Rappa

Phitsanulok, Thailand

#16 Oct 30, 2010
I Remember all the places,you guys said.Me and my twin brother both worked at hess station.In 1969 I joined the Marine Corp.And came back in 1971.There was aplace on main street,we use to go to.Chumleys
Pub.Dont know of the right spelling.
I also worked at Maria Maria auto parts store.next to the thurway diner.Anyone remember the Goodrichs.They lived on pelham rd.
Another place I worked was Mayflower gas station on north ave.When big bad john was alive.
Everyone take care- Nick
Larry Talt

Spring Valley, NY

#17 Jan 21, 2011
My Brother Doran and I lifeguarded there in the 70's, so dod my Father and Grandfather.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#18 Jan 22, 2011
Larry Talt wrote:
My Brother Doran and I lifeguarded there in the 70's, so dod my Father and Grandfather.
Hey Larry!

And I lifeguarded at CNR.
We were lifguarding before the new CPR. We were taught to pump the lungs by pulling and pushing the elbows, remember?
tcc

Colonial Heights, VA

#19 Mar 11, 2011
Thats Hudson park,at the end of shore rd.great swimming hole for new ro resdnt"s ..hehehh,I used to swim in the annual swim competition"s 6-8 year old peep sqeek"s bracket..hehheh.It was great,and a nice place to swim (after high tide) through .my teen"s,,brng"s bk some mem"s..
tcc

Colonial Heights, VA

#20 Mar 11, 2011
jim dandy wrote:
I know it's me...I have and maintain the countless, negative memories of New Rochelle and surrounding areas. Summers past, when you,and family, could go to Hudson Park, Glen Island, or any area beaches, for a day on the water. Does anyone remember, from their youth era...stepping off, if they dared....the imported beach fronts, into Long Island Sound...filfth? When the imported sand ended (low tides), the muck (sewage), black mayonaise, up to and above your knees? Is not, Long Island Sound...was and remains, a open sewer/septic tank? And continuues? To all of you here, that have such wonderful memories of New Rochelle...best wishes,that you lasted this long! When it hits, your kids or grand kids...Oh I didn't know! You are a liar! Take your place and rot in Hell!
Jim dandy and his happy new..lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartsdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sharing car to go to Larchmont train station 13 hr joel 1
grand central restaurant Sun MARV 2
earn lots of money with WIN CASINO SPELLS babaf... Oct 18 mamafuna123 1
New Rochelle (Sep '07) Oct 18 Rich The Carpet Man 3,340
MARTONE AUTO COLLISION. A blight on the Ossini... Oct 18 Johnnymongo 3
New Rochelle Police Continue Investigating Sund... Oct 15 333stenbrian 1
nys malpractice attorney appellate fraud decision Sep '14 jeff 1

Hartsdale News Video

Hartsdale Dating
Find my Match

Hartsdale Jobs

Hartsdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hartsdale News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hartsdale

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]