For many Hartsdale shops, a slow reco...

For many Hartsdale shops, a slow recovery

There are 2 comments on the Journal News story from Oct 15, 2007, titled For many Hartsdale shops, a slow recovery. In it, Journal News reports that:

“Once the pattern of your regular customers coming in breaks, it is hard to get back quickly to that same level again”

HARTSDALE - Turning a profit has been impossible for Robert Troy in the six months since major flooding caused $150,000 in damage at his Hartsdale Wines and Liquors. via Journal News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journal News.

hartsdale resident

Glen Rock, NJ

#1 Oct 21, 2007
If a new wine store were to open, it would be frequented in the same manor as the new bakery that recently opened in the same spot as the old weathered looking bakery. They have a fresh appeal! Upon seeing this wine store open, we see half empty shelves with a dreary atmosphere... not knocking, just noting... There is definitely enough foot traffic from daily train commuters and the neighboring co-op city...
Live on the street

Des Moines, IA

#2 Oct 29, 2007
Just to comment, I have noticed the same thing with the bare shelves, but I went inside and bought a few bottles of wine and ask why. He is going to do some work to the place to "give it a new look" and didn't want to have to move around all of the bottles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartsdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Rochelle Man Sentenced for Stealing Over $6... Jun 23 333stenbrian 1
News New Rochelle Man Arrested Following Vehicle Pur... Jun 18 stenbrian44 1
News NY Woman Arrested for Serial Fraud (Jun '14) Jun 18 trumps treason 16
News Hillary Clinton shuts down Donald Trump on Twit... Jun 14 Agents of Corruption 4
News Letter to Editor: Homeless Shelter Assistance Jun 8 333stenbrian 1
News New Rochelle Man Sentenced in the Sexual Assaul... Jun 8 333stenbrian 1
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Eastchester (Jan '14) Jun 6 Tracey Thornblad ... 48
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hartsdale Mortgages