Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...
Comments
63,501 - 63,520 of 67,899 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

>If confirmed, the drone strike in Pakistanís tribal belt, along the Afghan border, would be the first since President Obama announced sweeping changes to the drone program last week, including new limits on who would be targeted and more transparency in reporting such strikes. But that map for use of American power seemed to be some distance down the road on Wednesday, as American officials refused to confirm the strike or any details for hours after the news was being reported in Pakistan.<

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/30/world/asia/...

And, get off my Presidentís back about everything. Do you care if the terrorist was an imminent threat? I donít. Go drones. Go drones. And he scores!!!!!!!!

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Uzi wrote:
Ok, so where do we stand today??
The rockets kind of stopped from Gaza into civilian areas in Israel. Those arab muslim war criminals had enough for a while I guess or they have to concentrate more on their dear arab brother Mr. Nazirallah in Lebanon. Suprise?? Not to us. Arabs massacring arabs since the first arab was born. Nothing new there. The news is that last week nazirallah lost more than 100 hisballah terrorists in Syria to the "new" anti Assad "freedom fighters". From our point of view one is not better than the other. Assad is supported by Russia China Iran and Nazirallah . The "rebels" are supported by al quaida hammas, Europe and now the USA. If McKain thinks he knows what he is doing here he must be nuts. Those "rebels" are as anti democracy and anti American as Russia or China. Hitting Nazirallah in Beirut by missiles , sounds good to me especially when its done by other fucked up arabs. They are all mean blood thirsty animals. Nobody cares any more about the 100.000 dead in Syria. Great job the U N is doing, right?? The main thing is to condemn Israel at every turn.
Ladies and ladies , ore to come out of Syria, much more.
McCain did his "This is the kind of President you let slip" tour of the border region. I don't understand what he thinks he's accomplishing. The situation in Syria is sad because it's gone from not being able to win to not being able to lose gracefully.

Pity the fool...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
>If confirmed, the drone strike in Pakistanís tribal belt, along the Afghan border, would be the first since President Obama announced sweeping changes to the drone program last week, including new limits on who would be targeted and more transparency in reporting such strikes. But that map for use of American power seemed to be some distance down the road on Wednesday, as American officials refused to confirm the strike or any details for hours after the news was being reported in Pakistan.<
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/30/world/asia/...
And, get off my Presidentís back about everything. Do you care if the terrorist was an imminent threat? I donít. Go drones. Go drones. And he scores!!!!!!!!
Best $58k we've spent this year.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2013/05/20...

Saved $5 million right off the bat.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

http://news.yahoo.com/israel-minister-warns-r...
Fcuk Russia. Nothing I would like better than to see the IDF take out a Russian Shipment of missiles. Time to separate the wheat from the chaff. They either know better or they don't. After all, we are still engaged combativly. Putin can bite my un-adorned tip.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Best $58k we've spent this year.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2013/05/20...
Saved $5 million right off the bat.
uh, you spent $58K on something that helped killed this turd? Do tell. Private message still works, Cryptic Prik.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
uh, you spent $58K on something that helped killed this turd? Do tell. Private message still works, Cryptic Prik.
Just something I saw on Facebook...

https://www.facebook.com/notes/rethink-afghan...

You spent your share too.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Just something I saw on Facebook...
https://www.facebook.com/notes/rethink-afghan...
You spent your share too.
Do we know this guy? It is in the comments section. Looks familiar. "Bad Andy I agree, the USA needs to find a much more economical way of blowing up brown people."

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do we know this guy? It is in the comments section. Looks familiar. "Bad Andy I agree, the USA needs to find a much more economical way of blowing up brown people."
Hah! Leave it to you to find the needle in a haystack that is Facebook. Everybody is all "peace, love drugs" on the days when buildings aren't being destroyed by terrorists. Maybe we should check in with the Brits and the French and see how safe it is for their military within their own borders. For that matter, what about US troops at Ft. hood? No, our drones don't drop large enough bombs yet.
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/israel-m inister-warns-russia-against-a rming-syria-120357009.html
Fcuk Russia. Nothing I would like better than to see the IDF take out a Russian Shipment of missiles. Time to separate the wheat from the chaff. They either know better or they don't. After all, we are still engaged combativly. Putin can bite my un-adorned tip.
Pay attention to this little note. Did you notice that Russia never ever complained about Israel knocking out their weapon shipments to Syria?? I suspect that they are happy about it. WTF they care?? Every time we destroy their shipments, Assad orders another one for a few more billions of $$$ and the Russians are happy for getting payed again. I suspect that Mr. Putin himself calls up Bibi in case our intelligence services misses a shipment to make sure we knock it out.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

TRD wrote:
You know it's coming. Sooner or later the Jews become the target. How stupid the media is printing that sh!t. No, biased. Tell you what. The last thing that Syria needs is Israel up their asz. It won't take months to decimate that shithole. Russian missles or not. Here we go again.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
You know it's coming. Sooner or later the Jews become the target. How stupid the media is printing that sh!t. No, biased. Tell you what. The last thing that Syria needs is Israel up their asz. It won't take months to decimate that shithole. Russian missles or not. Here we go again.
Uncanny how the situation is taking on shades of a cold war face-off. Nothing beats the drums of war when you're looking for an excuse to suspend term limits and perpetuate the Putin/Medvedev dynasty.

I wonder if all this could be avoided by having Israel grant Russia the use of a deep water port in the Med so they can kick Syria to the curb. To sweeten the deal, we'll buy up the stuff originally promised to Assad so that Russia is not damaged and all their advisers stay alive.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Uncanny how the situation is taking on shades of a cold war face-off. Nothing beats the drums of war when you're looking for an excuse to suspend term limits and perpetuate the Putin/Medvedev dynasty.
I wonder if all this could be avoided by having Israel grant Russia the use of a deep water port in the Med so they can kick Syria to the curb. To sweeten the deal, we'll buy up the stuff originally promised to Assad so that Russia is not damaged and all their advisers stay alive.
Can you believe the Ruskies complaining about possibly arming the opposition when they are going to sell ten fighter jets to Syria and deliver their reputed sophisticated S300 missiles? I mean, do they have mirrors in Russia? And, approaching 100K dead, they warn about "hotheads" interfering in the turmoil? A-Wholes.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you believe the Ruskies complaining about possibly arming the opposition when they are going to sell ten fighter jets to Syria and deliver their reputed sophisticated S300 missiles? I mean, do they have mirrors in Russia? And, approaching 100K dead, they warn about "hotheads" interfering in the turmoil? A-Wholes.
Suddenly, it's not so clear as to what has or will be shipped from Russia to Syria.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/russia-has-n...

It would stand to reason that they would encourage the turmoil if for no other reason than to keep their arms market open. To that end, it doesn't matter how many people are killed or displaced, conflict translates to opportunity.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

Curiouser and curiouser...

A Queens kid named Arvind V. Mahankali wins the national spelling bee with ďknaidelĒ.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

Cheer up, Kids. You're body's ambition is to be mulch and fertilizer. LMFAO

On Sunday, film and television screenwriter Joss Whedon had a dark warning for the 785 undergraduates at Wesleyan University's commencement.
"
"What I'd like to say to all of you is that you are all going to die," Whedon said.

You have, in fact, already begun to die. You look great. Donít get me wrong. And you are youth and beauty. You are at the physical peak. Your bodies have just gotten off the ski slope on the peak of growth, potential, and now comes the black diamond mogul run to the grave. And the weird thing is your body wants to die. On a cellular level, thatís what it wants. And thatís probably not what you want.

Iím confronted by a great deal of grand and worthy ambition from this student body. You want to be a politician, a social worker. You want to be an artist. Your bodyís ambition: mulch. Your body wants to make some babies and then go in the ground and fertilize things. Thatís it. And that seems like a bit of a contradiction. It doesnít seem fair. For one thing, weíre telling you,ďGo out into the world!Ē exactly when your body is saying, "Hey, letís bring it down a notch. Letís take it down."

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
Cheer up, Kids. You're body's ambition is to be mulch and fertilizer. LMFAO
On Sunday, film and television screenwriter Joss Whedon had a dark warning for the 785 undergraduates at Wesleyan University's commencement.
"
"What I'd like to say to all of you is that you are all going to die," Whedon said.
You have, in fact, already begun to die. You look great. Donít get me wrong. And you are youth and beauty. You are at the physical peak. Your bodies have just gotten off the ski slope on the peak of growth, potential, and now comes the black diamond mogul run to the grave. And the weird thing is your body wants to die. On a cellular level, thatís what it wants. And thatís probably not what you want.
Iím confronted by a great deal of grand and worthy ambition from this student body. You want to be a politician, a social worker. You want to be an artist. Your bodyís ambition: mulch. Your body wants to make some babies and then go in the ground and fertilize things. Thatís it. And that seems like a bit of a contradiction. It doesnít seem fair. For one thing, weíre telling you,ďGo out into the world!Ē exactly when your body is saying, "Hey, letís bring it down a notch. Letís take it down."
This guy's a real motivational giant. Sounds to me like he bought stock in Prozac and is hedging his bet.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>This guy's a real motivational giant. Sounds to me like he bought stock in Prozac and is hedging his bet.
He graduated in the 80's from the same school. His motivational speaker was Bill Cosby who told them I'm not going to tell you to go out and change the world, cuz you ain't. Again, LMFAO. I'm having a real laugh fest. You gotta respect those who don't pull punches. Join me?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>He graduated in the 80's from the same school. His motivational speaker was Bill Cosby who told them I'm not going to tell you to go out and change the world, cuz you ain't. Again, LMFAO. I'm having a real laugh fest. You gotta respect those who don't pull punches. Join me?
You mean the sky ISN'T the limit for American kids? I need to rethink my entire life now.(thanks a lot)
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Uncanny how the situation is taking on shades of a cold war face-off. Nothing beats the drums of war when you're looking for an excuse to suspend term limits and perpetuate the Putin/Medvedev dynasty.
NOOOOOOOOO!!! We dont want no poor stinking Russian Navy in our ports only their tourists who are coming 40% more than last year and spending good $$$$. No more visa required from Russians entering Israel as tourists. Almost 500.000 tourists from mama Russia, when they get home its the best advertising for Israel. Talked to some of them after arriving from Egypt and other arab countries. Basicly they all said the same thing: good to be back into this century after those arab shitholes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Hartford Forum right now

Search the Hartford Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min flack 1,079,114
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min SpaceBlues 45,771
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 min Samuel 38002 18,537
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Frijoles 68,368
Prisoner Dies At Hartford Correctional Institution (Feb '13) 3 hr James Laccavole 5
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr cpeter1313 305,077
16 Members And Associates Of La Familia Gang Ar... (May '08) 16 hr true one 295
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hartford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hartford People Search