Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as ...

Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

There are 70145 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 18, 2009, titled Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#69914 May 29, 2013
Ok, so where do we stand today??
The rockets kind of stopped from Gaza into civilian areas in Israel. Those arab muslim war criminals had enough for a while I guess or they have to concentrate more on their dear arab brother Mr. Nazirallah in Lebanon. Suprise?? Not to us. Arabs massacring arabs since the first arab was born. Nothing new there. The news is that last week nazirallah lost more than 100 hisballah terrorists in Syria to the "new" anti Assad "freedom fighters". From our point of view one is not better than the other. Assad is supported by Russia China Iran and Nazirallah . The "rebels" are supported by al quaida hammas, Europe and now the USA. If McKain thinks he knows what he is doing here he must be nuts. Those "rebels" are as anti democracy and anti American as Russia or China. Hitting Nazirallah in Beirut by missiles , sounds good to me especially when its done by other fucked up arabs. They are all mean blood thirsty animals. Nobody cares any more about the 100.000 dead in Syria. Great job the U N is doing, right?? The main thing is to condemn Israel at every turn.
Ladies and ladies , ore to come out of Syria, much more.

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#69916 May 29, 2013
Uzi wrote:
Ok, so where do we stand today??
The rockets kind of stopped from Gaza into civilian areas in Israel. Those arab muslim war criminals had enough for a while I guess or they have to concentrate more on their dear arab brother Mr. Nazirallah in Lebanon. Suprise?? Not to us. Arabs massacring arabs since the first arab was born. Nothing new there. The news is that last week nazirallah lost more than 100 hisballah terrorists in Syria to the "new" anti Assad "freedom fighters". From our point of view one is not better than the other. Assad is supported by Russia China Iran and Nazirallah . The "rebels" are supported by al quaida hammas, Europe and now the USA. If McKain thinks he knows what he is doing here he must be nuts. Those "rebels" are as anti democracy and anti American as Russia or China. Hitting Nazirallah in Beirut by missiles , sounds good to me especially when its done by other fucked up arabs. They are all mean blood thirsty animals. Nobody cares any more about the 100.000 dead in Syria. Great job the U N is doing, right?? The main thing is to condemn Israel at every turn.
Ladies and ladies , ore to come out of Syria, much more.
Enjoy the relatively short respite from daily explosives. Once they decide that they killed enough of each other, they will re-assemble to direct their collective attention to Israel. After all, isn't she the root of all this killing? Gives you guys time to replenish munitions, set up more missile defense systems and increase surveillance and planning for the real enemy. Iran. Seems like all these shithole gov'ts have other things to deal with. uzi, I really think they are like dogs smelling their own aszes after they take a dump. But, not too a big whiff. In the meantime, they are going backwards in time, as usual. You guys are moving forward, as usual. Every day they eliminate a 100, or so, is a good day. Hey, did Mr Rogers really wear a sweater to hide his tats? LMFAO

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#69917 May 29, 2013
>If confirmed, the drone strike in Pakistanís tribal belt, along the Afghan border, would be the first since President Obama announced sweeping changes to the drone program last week, including new limits on who would be targeted and more transparency in reporting such strikes. But that map for use of American power seemed to be some distance down the road on Wednesday, as American officials refused to confirm the strike or any details for hours after the news was being reported in Pakistan.<

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/30/world/asia/...

And, get off my Presidentís back about everything. Do you care if the terrorist was an imminent threat? I donít. Go drones. Go drones. And he scores!!!!!!!!

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#69919 May 29, 2013
Uzi wrote:
Ok, so where do we stand today??
The rockets kind of stopped from Gaza into civilian areas in Israel. Those arab muslim war criminals had enough for a while I guess or they have to concentrate more on their dear arab brother Mr. Nazirallah in Lebanon. Suprise?? Not to us. Arabs massacring arabs since the first arab was born. Nothing new there. The news is that last week nazirallah lost more than 100 hisballah terrorists in Syria to the "new" anti Assad "freedom fighters". From our point of view one is not better than the other. Assad is supported by Russia China Iran and Nazirallah . The "rebels" are supported by al quaida hammas, Europe and now the USA. If McKain thinks he knows what he is doing here he must be nuts. Those "rebels" are as anti democracy and anti American as Russia or China. Hitting Nazirallah in Beirut by missiles , sounds good to me especially when its done by other fucked up arabs. They are all mean blood thirsty animals. Nobody cares any more about the 100.000 dead in Syria. Great job the U N is doing, right?? The main thing is to condemn Israel at every turn.
Ladies and ladies , ore to come out of Syria, much more.
McCain did his "This is the kind of President you let slip" tour of the border region. I don't understand what he thinks he's accomplishing. The situation in Syria is sad because it's gone from not being able to win to not being able to lose gracefully.

Pity the fool...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#69920 May 29, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
>If confirmed, the drone strike in Pakistanís tribal belt, along the Afghan border, would be the first since President Obama announced sweeping changes to the drone program last week, including new limits on who would be targeted and more transparency in reporting such strikes. But that map for use of American power seemed to be some distance down the road on Wednesday, as American officials refused to confirm the strike or any details for hours after the news was being reported in Pakistan.<
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/30/world/asia/...
And, get off my Presidentís back about everything. Do you care if the terrorist was an imminent threat? I donít. Go drones. Go drones. And he scores!!!!!!!!
Best $58k we've spent this year.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2013/05/20...

Saved $5 million right off the bat.

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#69921 May 29, 2013
http://news.yahoo.com/israel-minister-warns-r...
Fcuk Russia. Nothing I would like better than to see the IDF take out a Russian Shipment of missiles. Time to separate the wheat from the chaff. They either know better or they don't. After all, we are still engaged combativly. Putin can bite my un-adorned tip.

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#69922 May 29, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Best $58k we've spent this year.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2013/05/20...
Saved $5 million right off the bat.
uh, you spent $58K on something that helped killed this turd? Do tell. Private message still works, Cryptic Prik.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#69923 May 29, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
uh, you spent $58K on something that helped killed this turd? Do tell. Private message still works, Cryptic Prik.
Just something I saw on Facebook...

https://www.facebook.com/notes/rethink-afghan...

You spent your share too.

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#69925 May 30, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Just something I saw on Facebook...
https://www.facebook.com/notes/rethink-afghan...
You spent your share too.
Do we know this guy? It is in the comments section. Looks familiar. "Bad Andy I agree, the USA needs to find a much more economical way of blowing up brown people."

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#69926 May 30, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do we know this guy? It is in the comments section. Looks familiar. "Bad Andy I agree, the USA needs to find a much more economical way of blowing up brown people."
Hah! Leave it to you to find the needle in a haystack that is Facebook. Everybody is all "peace, love drugs" on the days when buildings aren't being destroyed by terrorists. Maybe we should check in with the Brits and the French and see how safe it is for their military within their own borders. For that matter, what about US troops at Ft. hood? No, our drones don't drop large enough bombs yet.
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#69927 May 30, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/israel-m inister-warns-russia-against-a rming-syria-120357009.html
Fcuk Russia. Nothing I would like better than to see the IDF take out a Russian Shipment of missiles. Time to separate the wheat from the chaff. They either know better or they don't. After all, we are still engaged combativly. Putin can bite my un-adorned tip.
Pay attention to this little note. Did you notice that Russia never ever complained about Israel knocking out their weapon shipments to Syria?? I suspect that they are happy about it. WTF they care?? Every time we destroy their shipments, Assad orders another one for a few more billions of $$$ and the Russians are happy for getting payed again. I suspect that Mr. Putin himself calls up Bibi in case our intelligence services misses a shipment to make sure we knock it out.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#69928 May 30, 2013

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#69929 May 30, 2013
TRD wrote:
You know it's coming. Sooner or later the Jews become the target. How stupid the media is printing that sh!t. No, biased. Tell you what. The last thing that Syria needs is Israel up their asz. It won't take months to decimate that shithole. Russian missles or not. Here we go again.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#69931 May 30, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
You know it's coming. Sooner or later the Jews become the target. How stupid the media is printing that sh!t. No, biased. Tell you what. The last thing that Syria needs is Israel up their asz. It won't take months to decimate that shithole. Russian missles or not. Here we go again.
Uncanny how the situation is taking on shades of a cold war face-off. Nothing beats the drums of war when you're looking for an excuse to suspend term limits and perpetuate the Putin/Medvedev dynasty.

I wonder if all this could be avoided by having Israel grant Russia the use of a deep water port in the Med so they can kick Syria to the curb. To sweeten the deal, we'll buy up the stuff originally promised to Assad so that Russia is not damaged and all their advisers stay alive.

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#69933 May 31, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Uncanny how the situation is taking on shades of a cold war face-off. Nothing beats the drums of war when you're looking for an excuse to suspend term limits and perpetuate the Putin/Medvedev dynasty.
I wonder if all this could be avoided by having Israel grant Russia the use of a deep water port in the Med so they can kick Syria to the curb. To sweeten the deal, we'll buy up the stuff originally promised to Assad so that Russia is not damaged and all their advisers stay alive.
Can you believe the Ruskies complaining about possibly arming the opposition when they are going to sell ten fighter jets to Syria and deliver their reputed sophisticated S300 missiles? I mean, do they have mirrors in Russia? And, approaching 100K dead, they warn about "hotheads" interfering in the turmoil? A-Wholes.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#69935 May 31, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you believe the Ruskies complaining about possibly arming the opposition when they are going to sell ten fighter jets to Syria and deliver their reputed sophisticated S300 missiles? I mean, do they have mirrors in Russia? And, approaching 100K dead, they warn about "hotheads" interfering in the turmoil? A-Wholes.
Suddenly, it's not so clear as to what has or will be shipped from Russia to Syria.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/russia-has-n...

It would stand to reason that they would encourage the turmoil if for no other reason than to keep their arms market open. To that end, it doesn't matter how many people are killed or displaced, conflict translates to opportunity.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#69936 May 31, 2013
Curiouser and curiouser...

A Queens kid named Arvind V. Mahankali wins the national spelling bee with ďknaidelĒ.

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#69937 May 31, 2013
Cheer up, Kids. You're body's ambition is to be mulch and fertilizer. LMFAO

On Sunday, film and television screenwriter Joss Whedon had a dark warning for the 785 undergraduates at Wesleyan University's commencement.
"
"What I'd like to say to all of you is that you are all going to die," Whedon said.

You have, in fact, already begun to die. You look great. Donít get me wrong. And you are youth and beauty. You are at the physical peak. Your bodies have just gotten off the ski slope on the peak of growth, potential, and now comes the black diamond mogul run to the grave. And the weird thing is your body wants to die. On a cellular level, thatís what it wants. And thatís probably not what you want.

Iím confronted by a great deal of grand and worthy ambition from this student body. You want to be a politician, a social worker. You want to be an artist. Your bodyís ambition: mulch. Your body wants to make some babies and then go in the ground and fertilize things. Thatís it. And that seems like a bit of a contradiction. It doesnít seem fair. For one thing, weíre telling you,ďGo out into the world!Ē exactly when your body is saying, "Hey, letís bring it down a notch. Letís take it down."

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#69938 May 31, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
Cheer up, Kids. You're body's ambition is to be mulch and fertilizer. LMFAO
On Sunday, film and television screenwriter Joss Whedon had a dark warning for the 785 undergraduates at Wesleyan University's commencement.
"
"What I'd like to say to all of you is that you are all going to die," Whedon said.
You have, in fact, already begun to die. You look great. Donít get me wrong. And you are youth and beauty. You are at the physical peak. Your bodies have just gotten off the ski slope on the peak of growth, potential, and now comes the black diamond mogul run to the grave. And the weird thing is your body wants to die. On a cellular level, thatís what it wants. And thatís probably not what you want.
Iím confronted by a great deal of grand and worthy ambition from this student body. You want to be a politician, a social worker. You want to be an artist. Your bodyís ambition: mulch. Your body wants to make some babies and then go in the ground and fertilize things. Thatís it. And that seems like a bit of a contradiction. It doesnít seem fair. For one thing, weíre telling you,ďGo out into the world!Ē exactly when your body is saying, "Hey, letís bring it down a notch. Letís take it down."
This guy's a real motivational giant. Sounds to me like he bought stock in Prozac and is hedging his bet.

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#69939 May 31, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>This guy's a real motivational giant. Sounds to me like he bought stock in Prozac and is hedging his bet.
He graduated in the 80's from the same school. His motivational speaker was Bill Cosby who told them I'm not going to tell you to go out and change the world, cuz you ain't. Again, LMFAO. I'm having a real laugh fest. You gotta respect those who don't pull punches. Join me?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min shinningelectr0n 1,251,686
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Julia 20,063
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr IBdaMann 53,987
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) Thu AnthonyI15 44
News Boy, 11, drowns in Brentwood pool (Jun '08) Jun 29 tom wingo 48
News Gay couples hope legislation makes Hawaii first... (Feb '09) Jun 29 This Thread Now C... 16,154
News Dozens in Texas Town Report Seeing UFO (Jan '08) Jun 28 Enigma 564
More from around the web

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Hartford Mortgages