Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

There are 20 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 18, 2009, titled Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#68167 Feb 19, 2013
Eran Levi - Israel wrote:
<quoted text>
The Arabs will have to sort their own problems first, we have our own backyard to fix.
Yair Lapid is not a politican, he's an educator, and nothing can stop the train once it left it's station. Every day that passes Israeli politics looks a little bit brighter, the old dealers feel the favor of the public turning against them.
Netanyahu's days of the old and corrupt politics are over, his reign will be dictated by Lapid's terms and he will have to grow a spine. Like every serpent he will twist and slither but in the end he'll be subued, he's no match to the purity of the new politics. He can only look helplessly as the very rules of the croocked game is changing.
From Zero to Hero, just like that.
Are you on something? Are you familiar the Emperor's new clothes?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#68168 Feb 19, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Who will you be?
A goose.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#68169 Feb 19, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheftell may be coming as Linda Lovelace. Up for it, Chubs?
The REAL question is can YOU get up for it, Chubs?

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#68170 Feb 19, 2013
Cheftell wrote:
<quoted text>
The REAL question is can YOU get up for it, Chubs?
I'll try, Horndog.

Since: Sep 09

Rishon Le Zion, Israel

#68171 Feb 19, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you on something? Are you familiar the Emperor's new clothes?
I'm high on a drug called hope, or as Eddie Mercury put it: "don't stop me now, I'm having such a good time, I'm having a ball!".

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#68172 Feb 19, 2013
A vain Emperor who cares for nothing except wearing and displaying clothes hires two swindlers who promise him the finest, best suit of clothes from a fabric invisible to anyone who is unfit for his position or "hopelessly stupid".

The Emperor's ministers cannot see the clothing themselves, but pretend that they can for fear of appearing unfit for their positions and the Emperor does the same.

Finally the swindlers report that the suit is finished, they mime dressing him and the Emperor marches in procession before his subjects. The townsfolk play along with the pretense not wanting to appear unfit for their positions or stupid.

Then a child in the crowd, too young to understand the desirability of keeping up the pretense, blurts out that the Emperor is wearing nothing at all and the cry is taken up by others. The Emperor cringes, suspecting the assertion is true, but continues the procession.

Listen for that child's voice. Just sayin

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#68173 Feb 19, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry for the demotion. It's been a long time ago. Of course, if I had the Oak Leaf Clusters, I'd never forget it, either. Damn, I feel myself straightening up to attention as I visualize them. Cheftell may be coming as Linda Lovelace. Up for it, Chubs?
Truth be known, I liked the look of the brass ones better. The promotion to silver felt like a step back.

Now, where's that Eskimo woman I'm supposed to wrestle?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#68174 Feb 19, 2013
Eran Levi - Israel wrote:
<quoted text>
The Arabs will have to sort their own problems first, we have our own backyard to fix.
Yair Lapid is not a politican, he's an educator, and nothing can stop the train once it left it's station. Every day that passes Israeli politics looks a little bit brighter, the old dealers feel the favor of the public turning against them.
Netanyahu's days of the old and corrupt politics are over, his reign will be dictated by Lapid's terms and he will have to grow a spine. Like every serpent he will twist and slither but in the end he'll be subued, he's no match to the purity of the new politics. He can only look helplessly as the very rules of the croocked game is changing.
From Zero to Hero, just like that.
Yeah, good luck with that. In my experience, when it's about the money nobody is pure. I do like the imagery though, bravo...your English is amazing.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#68175 Feb 19, 2013
Cheftell wrote:
<quoted text>
A goose.
Silly or otherwise? I admit I could use a good goosing however I don't think Alec Baldwin parties with animals. Think about it and come up with a character whose feathers won't clog-up the skimmer.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#68176 Feb 19, 2013

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#68177 Feb 19, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Silly or otherwise? I admit I could use a good goosing however I don't think Alec Baldwin parties with animals. Think about it and come up with a character whose feathers won't clog-up the skimmer.
Alec is being investigated for a hate crime. He called someone, who was bothering him and his woman, a Racoon (the short version), a crackhead and a drug addict. Seems the guy was an African-American retired NYPD detective, getting all up in Alec's face and sh!t. Know what I'm sayin? Maybe you can be Jack Nicholson. Ever spank a goose?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#68178 Feb 19, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Alec is being investigated for a hate crime. He called someone, who was bothering him and his woman, a Racoon (the short version), a crackhead and a drug addict. Seems the guy was an African-American retired NYPD detective, getting all up in Alec's face and sh!t. Know what I'm sayin? Maybe you can be Jack Nicholson. Ever spank a goose?
I heard it was unsubstantiated and a case of he said/he said. That'll take oh, about...oops, I'm over it.
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#68179 Feb 19, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Eran.
Your boy has been getting good ink but I bet his mom misses the days when he was an honest television personality instead of a politician. Is he going to be the one who wipes the slate clean with the Arabs?


We shall see as the blind man said........
Too bad, you need two to tango.
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#68180 Feb 19, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
Cripes, Uzi's gonna stamp those tiny little feet at this.
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Peres-Israel...
>Israel to Award Obama Prestigious Medal During Visit<
That award and 3 shekels will get him to Tel Aviv on a bus.
Its brown nosing time in Israel!!!!!!
I bet he does not give a shit about all this. No idea why he is coming , unless he wants to know how to attack Iran:-)))))))
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#68181 Feb 19, 2013
TRD wrote:
Both of them suck.
1. The so called rebels are supported and manned by al quaida.
2. Its nice to open a hospital for your enemy so in a year they can state that Israel stole body parts, experimented on the sick, and put a lot of them to sleep. We have been to this movie already. I am againts it.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#68182 Feb 19, 2013
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
We shall see as the blind man said........
Too bad, you need two to tango.
If you mean the Palestinians, they already have two...that's their problem.

Three doesn't work.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#68183 Feb 19, 2013
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Both of them suck.
1. The so called rebels are supported and manned by al quaida.
2. Its nice to open a hospital for your enemy so in a year they can state that Israel stole body parts, experimented on the sick, and put a lot of them to sleep. We have been to this movie already. I am againts it.
Exactly!

I can't believe the outgoing panel of luminaries that recommended putting weapons in the hands of guys we want dead. I hope the President stays the course and you guys should absolutely not let Syria leak over the border into Israel.
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#68184 Feb 20, 2013
Meantime see Concentration Camp Gaza.
Those nazi Israelis..........

http://www.israellycool.com/2010/07/30/wheres...

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#68185 Feb 20, 2013
Uzi wrote:
Meantime see Concentration Camp Gaza.
Those nazi Israelis..........
http://www.israellycool.com/2010/07/30/wheres...
Reading that makes me angry and ruined my day. These lying fcuking Pali's. The international community should be pissed, too. The money going to Hamas through the UN aids these crimes. Unemployment at 45% and the ownership and the charges imposed by Hamas show they don't give a sh!t about the people there. Stupidity reigns.
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#68186 Feb 20, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading that makes me angry and ruined my day. These lying fcuking Pali's. The international community should be pissed, too. The money going to Hamas through the UN aids these crimes. Unemployment at 45% and the ownership and the charges imposed by Hamas show they don't give a sh!t about the people there. Stupidity reigns.
All this is never ever shown on TV stations the world over. I guess the conspiracy of lies againts Israel is too big, do we really own all the world media??? Oh well just another nazislamist propaganda. I think I"ll will start a worldwide campaign of sending those articles and photos to all the major news outlets asking them why dont they report and publish all this. I want fucking answers, and I want it now!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min smfh 1,223,470
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min mdbuilder 52,985
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Tourista 309,740
justin c. freeman attorney hartford, ct is a sh... 4 hr weatherfieldguy112 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Chuck 19,884
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) Sat cdonald18 35
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) Apr 29 Mikeriskeysob 48
More from around the web

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]