Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Comments (Page 3,099)

Showing posts 61,961 - 61,980 of67,522
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>My father spoke it around his friends and my mother's family. I could understand a lot of what they were saying but never picked up speaking it. He never used it intentionally around us at home because he showed respect for his new country and insisted we stick with English.
I think I'm going to invest some time in an online course so I can follow through on my promise to the Blaming Iz boyz. I mean, if Faith can sit through four hours of Ben-Hur to learn about the Prince of Peace then learning Yiddish seems like the least I can do.
I wouldn't go there on a dare. I saw the regulars and it's the closest thing to "One flew over the Cuckoo's Nest" I've seen. Ramboner is their key speaker and that Jefferson crackpot appears to be Nurse Ratched. The spud packer from IA wants his cigarettes and Ramboner is slipping that famous roll of tarpaper to Jefferson Twoof squeaker. Not even Yiddish would deter these patients. Not even our California Atheist could entertain himself anymore there without feeling like a bully of the disabled. Stick around and let's try to get Faith and Cheftell to go in on a foursome. Wadda a say? You wear your Commmander bars and I'll wear my stenciled boxers.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading all the comments, there was only one blind dooshbag that tried to justify that it was a Palestinian decision for the Palestinian peoples by the elected Palestinian authorities. I particularly liked the one about fair representation of this on major networks. Yeah, like that will ever happen. You know, all those Jewish controlled news organizations? I can't wait for our Sunday sermon from Soy Sauce on this one. His heroes. Think he'll be wearing his colors?
Gaza is supposed to be one of the most densely populated places on Earth and yet they decline relocation because the site is too rural and remote? I could practically circle Gaza in less time than it would take to drive to NaNa's house and that's about an hour away.

Someone's fibbing.

(don't you wonder what they're tearing the houses down to make room for?)

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Its called Urban Renewal:-))))))))
Looks like that not only those nazi jews do it but the nazi arab muslims too. How dare they enforce the law????? I bet they not gonna do it in Cairo where 40.000 muslim dirtbags live in the central cemetery for 50-60 years. They have 2nd and 3rd generation of people who were born on somebodies grave. Islam is great!!!!!
Hmmm...I wonder if any of them know Yiddish and would help a cousin out. Y'know, that it sounds bad is an added incentive in this case.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't go there on a dare. I saw the regulars and it's the closest thing to "One flew over the Cuckoo's Nest" I've seen. Ramboner is their key speaker and that Jefferson crackpot appears to be Nurse Ratched. The spud packer from IA wants his cigarettes and Ramboner is slipping that famous roll of tarpaper to Jefferson Twoof squeaker. Not even Yiddish would deter these patients. Not even our California Atheist could entertain himself anymore there without feeling like a bully of the disabled. Stick around and let's try to get Faith and Cheftell to go in on a foursome. Wadda a say? You wear your Commmander bars and I'll wear my stenciled boxers.
Where else could Stewy look like the smart one?

We could play celebrity hot tub, I'll be Alec Baldwin :>))

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Where else could Stewy look like the smart one?
We could play celebrity hot tub, I'll be Alec Baldwin :>))
Okay, and I'll be Tony. This guy got more quiff than Alec. But, I concede, nothing like Kim.
http://www.google.com/imgres...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, and I'll be Tony. This guy got more quiff than Alec. But, I concede, nothing like Kim.
http://www.google.com/imgres...
Boy can I tell you tales about that one...I met her dad at her cousin's wedding. Nice guy.

Since: Sep 09

Tel Aviv, Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Reading the talkbacks to articles about local politics in the myriad Israeli news sites made me realized rising star Yair Lapid's reputation is rocketing sky high. The most common comment to articles is "I should have voted for this guy". Recent polls show that if the elections took place today instead of a month ago, he was the prime minister heading the largest party.

"From that day forward our boy Hercules (Yair Lapid) could do no wrong, he was so hot, steam looked cool"

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tel Aviv, Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Yes indeed!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Stick around and let's try to get Faith and Cheftell to go in on a foursome. Wadda ya say? You wear your Commmander bars and I'll wear my stenciled boxers.
Get real. Faith, do you like Commander bars or stenciled boxers? I don't do either.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Cheftell wrote:
<quoted text>
Get real. Faith, do you like Commander bars or stenciled boxers? I don't do either.
They're actually oak leaf clusters but I know what you're saying. That's why I'm coming as somebody else...nobody doesn't like Alec Baldwin (well, maybe Kim's the exception)

Who will you be?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Eran Levi - Israel wrote:
Reading the talkbacks to articles about local politics in the myriad Israeli news sites made me realized rising star Yair Lapid's reputation is rocketing sky high. The most common comment to articles is "I should have voted for this guy". Recent polls show that if the elections took place today instead of a month ago, he was the prime minister heading the largest party.
"From that day forward our boy Hercules (Yair Lapid) could do no wrong, he was so hot, steam looked cool"
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Hey Eran.

Your boy has been getting good ink but I bet his mom misses the days when he was an honest television personality instead of a politician. Is he going to be the one who wipes the slate clean with the Arabs?

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>They're actually oak leaf clusters but I know what you're saying. That's why I'm coming as somebody else...nobody doesn't like Alec Baldwin (well, maybe Kim's the exception)
Who will you be?
Sorry for the demotion. It's been a long time ago. Of course, if I had the Oak Leaf Clusters, I'd never forget it, either. Damn, I feel myself straightening up to attention as I visualize them. Cheftell may be coming as Linda Lovelace. Up for it, Chubs?

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Cripes, Uzi's gonna stamp those tiny little feet at this.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Peres-Israel...

>Israel to Award Obama Prestigious Medal During Visit<

Tel Aviv, Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Eran.
Your boy has been getting good ink but I bet his mom misses the days when he was an honest television personality instead of a politician. Is he going to be the one who wipes the slate clean with the Arabs?
The Arabs will have to sort their own problems first, we have our own backyard to fix.

Yair Lapid is not a politican, he's an educator, and nothing can stop the train once it left it's station. Every day that passes Israeli politics looks a little bit brighter, the old dealers feel the favor of the public turning against them.

Netanyahu's days of the old and corrupt politics are over, his reign will be dictated by Lapid's terms and he will have to grow a spine. Like every serpent he will twist and slither but in the end he'll be subued, he's no match to the purity of the new politics. He can only look helplessly as the very rules of the croocked game is changing.

From Zero to Hero, just like that.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Eran Levi - Israel wrote:
<quoted text>
The Arabs will have to sort their own problems first, we have our own backyard to fix.
Yair Lapid is not a politican, he's an educator, and nothing can stop the train once it left it's station. Every day that passes Israeli politics looks a little bit brighter, the old dealers feel the favor of the public turning against them.
Netanyahu's days of the old and corrupt politics are over, his reign will be dictated by Lapid's terms and he will have to grow a spine. Like every serpent he will twist and slither but in the end he'll be subued, he's no match to the purity of the new politics. He can only look helplessly as the very rules of the croocked game is changing.
From Zero to Hero, just like that.
Are you on something? Are you familiar the Emperor's new clothes?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Who will you be?
A goose.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheftell may be coming as Linda Lovelace. Up for it, Chubs?
The REAL question is can YOU get up for it, Chubs?

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Cheftell wrote:
<quoted text>
The REAL question is can YOU get up for it, Chubs?
I'll try, Horndog.

Tel Aviv, Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you on something? Are you familiar the Emperor's new clothes?
I'm high on a drug called hope, or as Eddie Mercury put it: "don't stop me now, I'm having such a good time, I'm having a ball!".

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

A vain Emperor who cares for nothing except wearing and displaying clothes hires two swindlers who promise him the finest, best suit of clothes from a fabric invisible to anyone who is unfit for his position or "hopelessly stupid".

The Emperor's ministers cannot see the clothing themselves, but pretend that they can for fear of appearing unfit for their positions and the Emperor does the same.

Finally the swindlers report that the suit is finished, they mime dressing him and the Emperor marches in procession before his subjects. The townsfolk play along with the pretense not wanting to appear unfit for their positions or stupid.

Then a child in the crowd, too young to understand the desirability of keeping up the pretense, blurts out that the Emperor is wearing nothing at all and the cry is taken up by others. The Emperor cringes, suspecting the assertion is true, but continues the procession.

Listen for that child's voice. Just sayin

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61,961 - 61,980 of67,522
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Hartford Forum right now

Search the Hartford Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Gabriel 1,071,283
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 11 min Frijoles 68,114
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Stop Global Warming 45,436
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Fitus T Bluster 18,485
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 hr cpeter1313 304,884
FBI at Carabetta Office Building on Center and ... (Jun '11) Tue Cahoots 15
B & D Automotive, Newington, Connecticut Mon Byron Phillips 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hartford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••