Alex Kelly Released From Prison

Alex Kelly Released From Prison

There are 55 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Nov 23, 2007, titled Alex Kelly Released From Prison. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Former Darien High School wrestling star Alex Kelly has been released from prison after serving more than 10 years for raping two teenage girls in 1986.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
MARGUERITE

Bristol, CT

#1 Nov 23, 2007
WOW
CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THE STATE HAS ALLOWED HIM TO GO FREE
WHAT HAPPENS TO ALL THE OTHER MEN WHO ARE INCARCERATED AND SHOULD BE OUT???
OVERCROWDED
WHY??
SINCE THE HORRIFIC CRIME IN CHESHIRE, PAROLE BOARD SHOULD BE ABLE TO RELEASE MANY MORE BEFORE THE HOLIDAYS
STATE SHOULD START PAYING MORE ATTENTION TO ALL THE MENTALLY ILL WHO ARE ON THE STREETS AND FINDING A SOLUTION OTHER THAN INCARCERATION
Badger

United States

#2 Nov 23, 2007
Well, he served more than his fair share. There are criminals who are released for more serious crimes and spent much less time than he did. I am not defending this dirt bag, all of them should serve their full sentences.

I am just curious as to who flit the bill for his college education. Probably us tax payers. Mumsie and Daddums will probably pay for the Masters program. This guy will be old news in about a year, he will probably end up doing very well, get his record expunged someday and live his life out like the rich pieces of scum he came from.

Only in America.
Pompous and Privileged

AOL

#3 Nov 23, 2007
He should have rotted in jail.
Jack

AOL

#4 Nov 23, 2007
Did his crazy girlfriend Amy Molitar meet him at the gate? Did Alex request to stay Thanksgiving in the big house? I hear the Thanksgiving meal there beats anything he had in Europe.
Digger

United States

#5 Nov 23, 2007
I wonder if his parents were ever investigated for covering up his whereabouts, if they were sending him money for years. I guess they probably also "paid" for some other influential people to hold the positions they did...
bloggers are idiots

Waterbury, CT

#6 Nov 23, 2007
but he is such a nice boy.
Ron

Winsted, CT

#7 Nov 23, 2007
Digger wrote:
I wonder if his parents were ever investigated for covering up his whereabouts, if they were sending him money for years. I guess they probably also "paid" for some other influential people to hold the positions they did...
No the states attorney chose not to prosecute them. but they should have been hung out to dry for aiding Alex in his flight they also had the balls to meet him Europe for vacation.
I hope there is a hell and there is a spot for them.
And let me beat all the idiotic morons who post here to the punch ...it was all Rells fault!
Bon Scott

East Hartford, CT

#8 Nov 23, 2007
So lock up your daughter!
Lock up your wife!
Lock up your back door!
And run for your life.

The man is back in town!
confused

United States

#9 Nov 23, 2007
So we let out a rich suburban kid after 10 years for brutally raping two women, fleeing the country and thumbing his nose at us.

Yet we have poor city kids locked up for over tens years, for selling a piece of crack cocaine to a consenting adult.

Personally, I don't mind the city kid getting 10 years for his crime. I just think the violent rapist deserves more time.
FROM ME TO YOU

East Sandwich, MA

#10 Nov 23, 2007
Rape comes in different forms. There is the classical sexual rape but it also expands over into other areas such as bullying at school, loss of self esteem for any one of many reasons, reputation assaults , negative social opinions and adverse social judgements. I also believe that sexual rape should be considered no different than any other form of physical assault. Furthermore, rape in todays' modern society with its sexual liberations is not the same trauma and loss as it was in previous generations where a female saved her virginity for marriage. It is less severe emotionally today as contrasted to history. I have yet to meet a female whom does not claim to have been raped and/or molested as a child --- They are not reticent about it so it makes you wonder about the trauma impact in that they so casually claim the experiences. And, according to females, the counterpart of "sexual harassment" on the job is so widespread that out math system cannot comprehend it. Now, the definition of sexual rape has been expanded so that when a husband touches his wife on the breast when she says no he is legally a rapist with no statue of limitations imposed by the law. That wife can have him arrested as a rapist twenty years later. In conclusion, I say this : Change the sexual rape laws so that sexual rape is no more severe and no different than any other form of physical assault such as, for example, when someone hits you out of anger over a political discussion. The penalities for sexual rape are far too severe and irrational.
good job

South Windsor, CT

#11 Nov 23, 2007
FROM ME TO YOU wrote:
Rape comes in different forms. There is the classical sexual rape but it also expands over into other areas such as bullying at school, loss of self esteem for any one of many reasons, reputation assaults , negative social opinions and adverse social judgements. I also believe that sexual rape should be considered no different than any other form of physical assault. Furthermore, rape in todays' modern society with its sexual liberations is not the same trauma and loss as it was in previous generations where a female saved her virginity for marriage. It is less severe emotionally today as contrasted to history. I have yet to meet a female whom does not claim to have been raped and/or molested as a child --- They are not reticent about it so it makes you wonder about the trauma impact in that they so casually claim the experiences. And, according to females, the counterpart of "sexual harassment" on the job is so widespread that out math system cannot comprehend it. Now, the definition of sexual rape has been expanded so that when a husband touches his wife on the breast when she says no he is legally a rapist with no statue of limitations imposed by the law. That wife can have him arrested as a rapist twenty years later. In conclusion, I say this : Change the sexual rape laws so that sexual rape is no more severe and no different than any other form of physical assault such as, for example, when someone hits you out of anger over a political discussion. The penalities for sexual rape are far too severe and irrational.
Let your grandmother, mother, sister or a daughter get raped. Maybe that will change your opinion! If a woman says "NO" it's "NO"!!!!
george

Pepperell, MA

#12 Nov 23, 2007
I hope the boys inside found him pretty.
dan

United States

#13 Nov 23, 2007
he has served his debt to society
Rakim

United States

#14 Nov 23, 2007
FROM ME TO YOU wrote:
There is always one idiot trying to stir up the crowd. How old are you 14, 15?
local

Broad Brook, CT

#15 Nov 23, 2007
He will never be completely free. The tabloids and the paparazzi will haunt him forever.
SMOKESOMEMORE

Newington, CT

#16 Nov 23, 2007
FROM ME TO YOU wrote:
You must be on crack and a rapist yourself. Rape is not "sexual", it is a violent crime!!

You are a douchebag!

“Just a Hartford kid”

Since: Sep 07

Hartford

#18 Nov 23, 2007
Big Mouth is right! Castration is the only answer. Maybe the Koran is right.
Petra

Center Moriches, NY

#19 Nov 23, 2007
I don't believe there is a cure for narcissism and I believe Kelly is indeed a sadistic narcissist. You have to be utterly devoid of morals and conscience to feel that you can rape someone because " the world owes me something." I don't believe sociopaths grow remorse or consciences in prison. He's saying all the right things because he knows what society expects to hear, but deep down he probably feels the whole incident was blown out of proportion and that he served too much time. The best proof of my thesis is Robert Chambers. He gets out of prison and says all the right things about wanting to contribute to society. He's now in jail having sold cocaine to undercover cops. Maybe Kelly won't resort to rape, at least not right away, but Kelly undoubtedly still feels that the rules of society don't apply to him and will undoubtedly take what he wants whenever he wants however he wants it any chance he gets. Maybe Kelly will prove us all wrong and be an honest hard-working law-abiding citizen but I sincerely doubt it.
Timster

Wallingford, CT

#20 Nov 23, 2007
That's the difference between having a public defender and a high priced legal eagle!
confused wrote:
So we let out a rich suburban kid after 10 years for brutally raping two women, fleeing the country and thumbing his nose at us.
Yet we have poor city kids locked up for over tens years, for selling a piece of crack cocaine to a consenting adult.
Personally, I don't mind the city kid getting 10 years for his crime. I just think the violent rapist deserves more time.
shoreliner

Guilford, CT

#21 Nov 23, 2007
Let's hope that Mr. Kelly has learned from his crimes and can live a productive and useful life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min sonicfilter 1,657,166
News Manchester Police Create LGBTQ Liaison 4 hr not special 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 hr ThomasA 322,076
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr anybody anywhere 21,272
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 hr Dudley 64,306
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Tue dreidel dreidel d... 72,042
News Ganim's campaign pays city for mileage, not driver Mon BPT 7

Hartford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hartford Mortgages