State child agency pulling wards from Durham school

May 10, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Hartford Courant

“Lake Grove's lapses were so grossly serious as to create possible risk of injury or death. We are pleased that DCF has finally taken our concerns seriously.”

Citing substandard care, the Department of Children and Families is pulling all of its children out of a Durham boarding school. via Hartford Courant

Comments
21 - 40 of 40 Comments Last updated Thursday Jun 26
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
anthony lewis

Plainville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

LAKE GROVE EMPLOYEE wrote:
LAKE GROVE CAN BE AVERY DIFFICULT PLACE TO WORK, IF THE ADMINISTRATION RAN THE PLACE CORRECTLY IT WOULD BE AVERY NICE FACILITY. I REALLY THINK THEY NEED TO BRING IN BETTER ADMINISTRATION WHO ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT THE CLIENTS AND THE WELL BEING OF THE STAFF AND THE FACILITY. AS LONG AS THE KIDS GO TO BETTER PLACEMENTS THEN I'M ALL FOR IT. I CAN ALWAYS GET ANOTHER JOB.D LAKE GROVE HAD PLENTY OF CHANCES TO CLEAN UP THEIR ACT!
nashid ahmad abused clients!!!! he was a staff member! he sexually abused a client!!!
anthony lewis

Plainville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Former staff member nashid ahmad sexually abused a client and its time for someone to take action against him!!!! this place by far was very unsafe and dangerous
former student

Plainville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

lake grove was not a great place to live, the staff always kept to themselves and showed absolutely no interest in the students. I felt alone, betrayed and abandoned for 3 long years...to anthony lewis.. why couldnt you report nashid if he abused a student? i mean id believe it because i read on another website, 20 staff members had criminal histories! very much thinking about suing dcf and whoever owned the rights to lake grove because i was put in an unsafe environment that put me well at risk...so,dcf get ready because im ready to sue!!!
Dr. Feelgood

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

No you won't. You're just angry because the haji didn't try to sleep with you. I you weren't a screw-up you wouldn't have been sent there. It's your own fault really.
Weisel

Cropseyville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Wow.
former student

Plainville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

[QUOTE who="Dr. Feelgood"]No you won't. You're just angry because the haji didn't try to sleep with you. I you weren't a screw-up you wouldn't have been sent there. It's your own fault really.[/QUOTE]Oh really DR. feelgood!!! Is that the only necessary comment you can make!!!!???? im gonna tell you something mr tough guy! first of all your an idiot! i dont think you have any remourse for students who were at great risk...why dont you put yourself in my shoes and youll be crying to mommy!
M. Feelgood, M.D.

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

former student wrote:
[QUOTE who="Dr. Feelgood"]No you won't. You're just angry because the haji didn't try to sleep with you. I you weren't a screw-up you wouldn't have been sent there. It's your own fault really. "

Oh really DR. feelgood!!! Is that the only necessary comment you can make!!!!???? im gonna tell you something mr tough guy! first of all your an idiot! i dont think you have any remourse for students who were at great risk...why dont you put yourself in my shoes and youll be crying to mommy!
Unlikely. I wouldn't ever have screwed up so bad that I would need to be sent there. Thus negating any follow-up situations. Furthermore, I'm sexy enough that all of the teachers would've wanted me. I just wouldn't have defiled my body by allowing haji's or negroes inside it. Shame on you for letting that happen.
Glenn

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

misslynette wrote:
I used to live in this school. It was horrible the staff abused me. I was kicked in the head. I had my knee twisted by the staff. I was bieng sexually abused by a staff that was working there. The teachers were the only staff that I could get along with. I left in 1992. Hello to all of the students that was there I often think about you'll.
Hey how are you doing I think I remember you when I was there do you remember me this glenn
Glenn

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

former student wrote:
lake grove was not a great place to live, the staff always kept to themselves and showed absolutely no interest in the students. I felt alone, betrayed and abandoned for 3 long years...to anthony lewis.. why couldnt you report nashid if he abused a student? i mean id believe it because i read on another website, 20 staff members had criminal histories! very much thinking about suing dcf and whoever owned the rights to lake grove because i was put in an unsafe environment that put me well at risk...so,dcf get ready because im ready to sue!!!
Hey was up I was there also lets put something together some things happen to me when I was there they beat me up and put me on all type of meds bull shit place
richard boyce

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

I was a client from 1999-late 2000 i was absolutely disgusted with the way the entire facility was ran from staff raping female clients daily to allowing 15 kids beat up i kid 6 times a day every day every time i filed a grievance they would threaten me to restrain me i have permanent facial scars from there abuse during restraints i was once thrown through a window head first tried to stay positive it was hard however i got through it the were some staff that were OK i once saw a staff get stabbed in the eye by a client that was very difficult to control but he did EVERYTHING BY THE BOOK MIKE IF YOU SEE THIS UR A GOOD MAN I WON'T EVER FORGET THAT!!!
dirt

Danbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

misslynette wrote:
I used to live in this school. It was horrible the staff abused me. I was kicked in the head. I had my knee twisted by the staff. I was bieng sexually abused by a staff that was working there. The teachers were the only staff that I could get along with. I left in 1992. Hello to all of the students that was there I often think about you'll.
You should sue the school. This is what happens when corporations run things. It all comes down to numbers-not humans.The only message they understand is financial loss.Once it becomes apparent that they will suffer financial loss, they fix things.Till then they will do nothing and go on to do it over and over to more and more kids,as long as they get away with the abuse.Get a civil rights lawyer. There are two in the state, one in New haven and one in Wilton/Norwalk.The Yale law school might help too(they should) but dont hold your breath. ACLU should help too but probably wont either-they collect donations then intake tells you they cant help. There is a state human rights commission but they probably wont help you because the state is culpable in your matter. CONNSACS is the state office for sexual assault,you can complain but they have little legal standing to do anything! You can file for $ damages with the claims office at the state(Attorney Generals office?) but they only give two years to file even though rape victims can sue until they are 47. Anonymous has started helping rape victims because they are victims of the state/ police as well as victims of a violent crime. If they help you ,they will investigate, hold rallies at court house etc... The justice department should investigate too but you have to submit complaint in writing and they wont help you do the complaint or take info on the phone.(non compliant with ADA). I hope you can get justice! Good luck!
Expol

Danbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

This is terrible! What a way to treat children. This is why the federal government has come down on Connecticut. They take kids from families then do this to them!The research shows kids are better off in the long run with their families. Taking them from parents gives them PTSD for life.
sissie

Danbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Kids who are raped by the school can get millions to compensate-class action would be best. Harass yale law school to help-they helped the danbury 11-why not their own states poorest kids. the shame that kids cant get the help they deserve!
Tanya jones

Staten Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

I remember this place very well the staff were perverts jim foley was racist I was abused I was treated poorly. They did the right thing by closing the damn place down and if you had a job there then you should be ashamed of yourself. I was chocked and touched by staff. They did the right thing don't ever open that damn school again.
Jason M

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Tanya jones wrote:
I remember this place very well the staff were perverts jim foley was racist I was abused I was treated poorly. They did the right thing by closing the damn place down and if you had a job there then you should be ashamed of yourself. I was chocked and touched by staff. They did the right thing don't ever open that damn school again.
No one cares because you live in jersey. And jersey is just terrible.
former client

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Tyco Hall is a bitch am older now I will beat is face in if I ever see him in the street
Dr. Feelgood

Pownal, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

former client wrote:
Tyco Hall is a bitch am older now I will beat is face in if I ever see him in the street
No you wont. You'll do nothing. Just like when you were a prisoner. You'll sit there and take it, likely cry like a bitch if you see him in the street.
kathleen lepore

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

LAKE GROVE EMPLOYEE wrote:
LAKE GROVE CAN BE AVERY DIFFICULT PLACE TO WORK, IF THE ADMINISTRATION RAN THE PLACE CORRECTLY IT WOULD BE AVERY NICE FACILITY. I REALLY THINK THEY NEED TO BRING IN BETTER ADMINISTRATION WHO ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT THE CLIENTS AND THE WELL BEING OF THE STAFF AND THE FACILITY. AS LONG AS THE KIDS GO TO BETTER PLACEMENTS THEN I'M ALL FOR IT. I CAN ALWAYS GET ANOTHER JOB.D LAKE GROVE HAD PLENTY OF CHANCES TO CLEAN UP THEIR ACT!
..my son was placed there back on 07..it had some problem's but were addressed very well..the school did good for him..i thank the staff for all they have done..
Mary Ellen Scandell

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

If there's any former clients who were at Lake Grove from 1988-1992 that remember me please feel free to contact me on Facebook. Search by my name Mary Scandell or by Www.Facebook.com/DEMONICANGEL666
Glenn

Bessemer City, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 26

Tanya jones wrote:
I remember this place very well the staff were perverts jim foley was racist I was abused I was treated poorly. They did the right thing by closing the damn
place down and if you had a job there then you should be ashamed of yourself. I was chocked and touched by staff. They did the right thing don't ever open that damn school again.
Yeah that school was messed up let's file a lawsuit

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Hartford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••