Woman Shot, Killed In Hartford

Jun 17, 2007 Read more: Hartford Courant 177
Asher Glace, of 470 Cornwall St., died of multiple gunshot wounds at about 4:30 a.m., police said. Read more
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
LUCIAN

Farmington, CT

#4 Jun 17, 2007
CORRECTION SHE IS FROM SAINT LUCIA!!!!!!! SHE IS GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN.... MAY HER SOUL REST IN PEACE!!!
Hartford Cops are a Joke

AOL

#5 Jun 17, 2007
Another one? Honest question, what was she doing at 4:30 AM in her driveway? Most people are sleeping. By the way the article is written, it sounds like she was jumped for cash. But only her and the shooters know what really happened.

All death wishers please move to the north end as quickly as possible!yes sir, Hartford is a great place to live.
fran

AOL

#6 Jun 17, 2007
I was shocked to hear about Glace. She just last week visited me at the school she wanted to return to discuss her enrollment of returning back to Goodwin Colllege. Evertime I saw her she always had a smile on her face.
John B

Turners Falls, MA

#7 Jun 17, 2007
All death wishers please move to the north end as quickly as possible!yes sir, Hartford is a great place to live.

Hey Joke
Whose side are you on anyway? I was with HPD for 22 years and never met a finer group of men and women. You, like Steve Ericson, must have had a bad experience with us or you really are a joke. Not sure.
Anyway, just thought I'd remind you that now it's HPD's job to find the shooters and put them away. Not an easy job but one that deserves your respect and consideration, though I doubt they'll get it.
Hartford Cops are a Joke

AOL

#8 Jun 17, 2007
John B wrote:
Hey Joke
Whose side are you on anyway? I was with HPD for 22 years and never met a finer group of men and women. You, like Steve Ericson, must have had a bad experience with us or you really are a joke. Not sure.
Anyway, just thought I'd remind you that now it's HPD's job to find the shooters and put them away. Not an easy job but one that deserves your respect and consideration, though I doubt they'll get it.
Just remember, they aren't hiding in the Dunkin Donuts or the Subways...I also will lay cash out that they will never be found...most likely because they will never be looked for.
Hartford Cops are a Joke

AOL

#9 Jun 17, 2007
John B wrote:
Hey Joke
Just wondering, hows the hunt for Ruben Perezs friends going? You remember, the punk that beat up the tow truck driver to disability?

Oh, I'm sorry, the chief decided he was innocent before he was tried.

Respect?? To Hartford Cops? Never!
Matt

New Britain, CT

#10 Jun 17, 2007
Hartford is the arm-pit of central CT. Deaths everyday by shooters,dealers,users and suppliers no suprise at all. Go out on the street at 5:00am Nice and quiet because all the garbage has gone to sleep/or so we wish for the night. What happened to the Beat of Hartford? If you know that saying...then you know when Hartford was a nice place to come to with your family. Not anymore. Just a Joke now

Since: Apr 07

W.H. CT

#11 Jun 17, 2007
Lucian,
I'm sorry for you loss.
Brian

Enfield, CT

#12 Jun 17, 2007
I think we need Giuliani time in Hartford, Ct.
High School Parent

Newington, CT

#14 Jun 17, 2007
Just wondering, hows the hunt for Ruben Perezs friends going? You remember, the punk that beat up the tow truck driver to disability?

Oh, I'm sorry, the chief decided he was innocent before he was tried.
[End of Quote}

Very good point !
CrookVille

Manchester, CT

#16 Jun 18, 2007
wow you guys/gals are jokes. say your peace about this young lady. Fugg Ruben, DD's, Subways etc. You guys really need to grow up. I wonder if yall talk like this in public. "internet thugs" "gigabyte gangstas".
I beat if someone was about to wax yo behind I bet you'll call on HPD. Im sure you got them on speed-dial with that mouth you got.
Cornwall is in the northwest part of the city. It's not hoody like many of you think the Northend is.
Hartford Cops are a Joke

AOL

#17 Jun 18, 2007
CrookVille wrote:
wow you guys/gals are jokes. say your peace about this young lady. Fugg Ruben, DD's, Subways etc. You guys really need to grow up. I wonder if yall talk like this in public. "internet thugs" "gigabyte gangstas".
I beat if someone was about to wax yo behind I bet you'll call on HPD. Im sure you got them on speed-dial with that mouth you got.
Cornwall is in the northwest part of the city. It's not hoody like many of you think the Northend is.
If I did call HPD, I could rest easy knowing it would take them at least 6 hours to arrive on scene.
Sporto

Middle Haddam, CT

#18 Jun 18, 2007
Another loss of life in Hartford. It is a shame that such a little place can produce so much violence. This is not a Detroit, DC, LA, Dallas, etc., it is puny, dirty, rundown, poverty ridden Hartford. Central CT is a pit of traffic, crime, overpriced everything and rudness. It is beyond saving. Just let it burn.
Hartford Cops are a Joke

Boston, MA

#20 Jun 18, 2007
iliveinct wrote:
<quoted text>
guliani what a joke,he lowered car thefts,and burgalaries
but rape,drugs,and murder rose by about 35% overall,good job rudi
its called number fudging,lower some crimes,so the overall numbers drop
rudi cleaned up times square,where do you think all the rug dealers and others went,they went to the other parts of the city,so its more of a relocation of crime to parts of the city not to many were concerned with,like the south bronx,and harlem etc etc.
so nope rudi is not your answer,proper policing of the city streets is
up to the key stone cops we call Hartford Police Department... Boy am I reassured.
TRUTH

Auburn Hills, MI

#21 Jun 18, 2007
Hartford Cops are a Joke wrote:
<quoted text>
up to the key stone cops we call Hartford Police Department... Boy am I reassured.
The real keystone cops would probably do a better job.
Hartford College Student

Washington, DC

#22 Jun 18, 2007
My bf was taking criminal justice classes for a while, and one of his professors was a Hartford cop for many years.

His professor had a huge scar on his forehead from when some crazy guy he was trying to bust put an axe in his forehead.

Policing's not an easy job. Especially in a city like Hartford. I live in Hartford to go to school and I've had to call HPD a couple of different times. They've always been helpful.

They're trying to do their job, and a dangerous one at that. Who's worse? The cops who are having trouble tracking people down because there's a strict "no snitch" policy among the residents... or the residents that kill each other?

Who cares what she was doing in her driveway at that time? Maybe she was coming home from work. Maybe she was coming home from partying. The point is, some *sshole decided she was a target and killed her. He's the one you should be condemning, not the people who are trying to find him, and certainly not the victim!
Alberto Cruz

Hartford, CT

#23 Jun 18, 2007
wow, there are alot of megabyte mobster here, real tough guys who would flynch if approached by someone from the Northend, LOL. As for the girl that got killed at 5 in the morning, she was Jamaican, so she more than likely was coming home from work, Jamaicans are hard working people
Hartford Cops are a Joke

AOL

#24 Jun 18, 2007
Hartford College Student wrote:
My bf was taking criminal justice classes for a while, and one of his professors was a Hartford cop for many years.
His professor had a huge scar on his forehead from when some crazy guy he was trying to bust put an axe in his forehead.
Policing's not an easy job. Especially in a city like Hartford. I live in Hartford to go to school and I've had to call HPD a couple of different times. They've always been helpful.
They're trying to do their job, and a dangerous one at that. Who's worse? The cops who are having trouble tracking people down because there's a strict "no snitch" policy among the residents... or the residents that kill each other?
Who cares what she was doing in her driveway at that time? Maybe she was coming home from work. Maybe she was coming home from partying. The point is, some *sshole decided she was a target and killed her. He's the one you should be condemning, not the people who are trying to find him, and certainly not the victim!
I don't condem the victum. The reason I ask why she was out there is so it can be stated and the imaginations can take a rest.
You have to admit that the shootings all have some things in common.

1) all the people were outside
2) it was early morning
3) they were alone
4) They were all in the north end

When someone who only knows Hartford by what the TV tells them, the first thought is drug selling. If these same people were told why they were out there, maybe it would generate more understanding.(ex. hospital visit, too hot to sleep,grabbing a smoke)

As for my handle, it stays right where it is. I have personaly witnessed some of the STUPID stuff HPD has done. I am less then reasured they will do anything to help the situation.
TRUTH

Auburn Hills, MI

#25 Jun 18, 2007
Hartford College Student wrote:
Some of these people may have had legitimate reasons for being on the streets in the middle of the night, but not all shooting victims fall into that category. A lot of those people were up to no good, and if you get shot while committing crimes or dealing drugs, well too bad. If Hartford's criminal element doesn't get it by now, then they never will. I don't get why so many people are defending the sh*t that goes on in Hartford.
Hartford Cops are a Joke

AOL

#28 Jun 18, 2007
Facts are Facts:

She was alone, in the North end, in the wee hours of the morning. The North end is made up of at least 90% minorities. 90% of the goings on @ this time of night(morning) are often illegal.

I think this was a drug deal gone bad. There are 3 standard shifts in a 24 hour period. They are 7-3, 3-11, and 11-7. 4:30 doesn't even come close.

Maybe she was a hard worked, I don't know. But I don't believe she was working. The facts just don't support it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min Scientist 52,698
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Quirky 1,216,673
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Cold Front 69,604
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) 5 hr pbenjamin78 32
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr cpeter1313 309,598
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 hr timmy 71,939
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 16 hr Akingu 19,830
More from around the web

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]