Neighbors, bar owner to square off at hearing

State officials will hold a hearing next Thursday on whether the liquor permit of Alfa Pizza, 54 Naugatuck Ave., should be revoked because of alleged violations and criminal activity. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
pretending its friday

Middlebury, CT

#120 Jan 26, 2009
Beer witha lemon twist for me... corona...
Real Milford Mom

Butler, NJ

#121 Jan 26, 2009
Milford mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I went there to pick up Pizza on Mom's late night at work.....Mike is certainly not a past crush. I like my men tall and blond with a sense of humor he doesn't fit the bill. I didn't care then if he talked to me and don't care now when I see him. He doesn't ever have to bother talking to me again and my life would be just fine. I just didn't like the way he treated peers back then and I'm sorry but he was very creepy
Whatever... I don't really care about your opinion, I just think it is inappropriate to publicly bash him in this forum.
the Bar is OPEN

Middlebury, CT

#123 Jan 28, 2009
YT TRASH wrote:
They can't close Alpha's, where else can I go and get wasted,buy dope,get a hooker,take a squirt in the alley,puke on the sidewalk and sit on my Harley harrassing the neighbors,all in one place?
The gene pool could use a little cholorine
scpnd

Bayonne, NJ

#124 Jan 28, 2009
AVA wrote:
Anyone who calls himself Biker Thug is a puss,no Biker would call himself that..sounds more like a wanna be !
Its a typo he really means Biker Slug
Teen queen

Torrington, CT

#125 Jan 29, 2009
Real Milford Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever... I don't really care about your opinion, I just think it is inappropriate to publicly bash him in this forum.
you are pathetic if this is your idea of BASHING someone.
Give Up

Bayonne, NJ

#126 Feb 15, 2009
crystal wrote:
and another thing. most people who judge have never meet the family. or been into the bar or restaurant. i have met some of the best people due to that place. i literally will have lifetime friends from working there. people are so quick to pass judgement. to each their own. i might not like where you hang out.. doesnt mean im going to bad mouth you or that place. youknow what really makes me laugh... there is no corruption or pay offs going on... get your heads out of the clouds. stop watching dragnet!!! why dont all of you who have never been there and who are talking badly about them go in for a pizza. meet the bartenders and owners and patrons. i assure you the hearsay and horrific lies you have heard and are now carrying on yourselves will change.
Crystal, there is no way that you could smoke in Alfa's and walk outside with open containers with cops sitting right THERE if there were no payoffs involved, could there?. You may have worked there, but you obviously had no access to decision making. I really believe it should be up to the owner if they want to allow smoking, and I have no idea as to the prostitution claims, which I am inclined to take your word for since you were there for 3 years, but this is a small worry compared to the obvious police corruption plaguing the city.....or maybe even city hall.

And all you tough guys going at it? Nothing sadder than calling someone out from behind a keyboard; jus' sayin'!
get over it

Poughkeepsie, NY

#127 Mar 14, 2009
you cant be serious about mike alfa he is hot and very nice if anybody is creepy its you remember the movie carrie thats you grow up and move on loser
get over it

Poughkeepsie, NY

#128 Mar 14, 2009
as far as alfas goes go down there and have a drink its a great place none of what they said goes on there no drugs no fights no bs just good times and good people im sure the liqourboard thought so too alot of people including myself from the neiborhood hope they will be there a long time to come
roxy and barney

Stratford, CT

#129 Mar 14, 2009
i have been to alfas many times it may not be everyones cup of tea they do cater to the motorcycle clientel but i have never ever seen any trouble in there the alfa boys are very popular when you are popular you are going to have haters maybe some of the policemen are former classmates,customers, & childhood friends that doesnt mean they are on the take and on the take for what smoking ? i dont think so they have had a successful pizza buisness in that area for 25 yrs some people may be jealous because they feel they are not part of the in crowd i didnt grow up in milford i just started going there a year ago and i found all the people there to be the same as you would find in any other working mans bar that you will find all over connecticut better shut those places down too hide the women & children there is a motorcycle out there. one percent of the motorcylist out there is a bad apple remember that.i hope you are doing well out there crystal you are beautiful on the outside as well as on the inside good luck to you.
A little late

Bronx, NY

#131 Jul 10, 2012
Ok, so I see this ridiculous chain of comments two years later and feel the need to speak. I own a house very near Alpha. I owned it before Alpha made the move to the current location. I moved out after suffering through the Alpha insanity for a year. Drug deals were witnessed, drunks having sex between houses, the Alpha boys harassing neighbors. I could go on and on. I am not Mike Urban by the way. After I moved out my next 3 tenants moved out for the same reasons. Alpha ruined the neighborhood. And yes, I second the comments about about Mello and the MPD. I saw officers walk into Alpha with empty water bottles and walk out with full ones- water---i doubt it- they could pick up a water anywhere. Numerous times the Alpha trouble magically stopped before the MPD appeared on a complaint. Really??? That place is a hell hole!

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#132 Jul 10, 2012
I have seriously mixed emotions about all this. I know Mr. and Mrs. Alfa and they worked their tails off for more than 40 years in 3 different locations at that end of Naugatuck Avenue. They are the NICEST people. They have endured a lot and are still nice. When Johnny passed away 2 years ago they were DEVESTATED, as was I and everyone else who knew him. You should have seen St. Barbara's in Orange where the wake was, there were at least a thousand people who came to mourn his passing. He was one of the nicest guys I ever knew. As is his brother Mike. He has ALWAYS been kind and respectful to me, even when I made a drunken idiot out of myself one night there, and spilled wine on one of his friend's shirt. I don't know Nick or their sister well, but they have always been kind to me.

When they made changes to the newest location to include a bar, I had no idea it would cause such problems. But guess what? They are entitled to run their business the way they see fit. If other people don't like it, they don't have to go there. And not for nothing, but I have seen police in the bar actually checking IDs, so I don't think they are on any "payroll".

And now that I've said that, my feelings are I still love the family, I have always loved the food, and I'm sorry they're having problems. I think I'll stop by there tomorrow and talk to Mike and see how he's getting along. I hope all is working out well for them.
As for the naysayers and the nastiness on here, well, people are people. Judge not, lest ye be judged. Love you, Alfa family! R.I.P. Johnny.
America Gentleman Samuel

Naugatuck, CT

#133 Jul 10, 2012
There are many Bridgeport cops who are corrupt. Lynne has my family support and we agree with #132.
DUH

Worcester, MA

#134 Jul 16, 2012
America Gentleman Samuel wrote:
There are many Bridgeport cops who are corrupt. Lynne has my family support and we agree with #132.
is your brother, the judge, corrupt as well?
America Gentleman Samuel

United States

#135 Jul 16, 2012
Yes he is and gets well pay, DUH.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#136 Oct 10, 2012
Give Up wrote:
This is a place definitely on the police payroll. I have been in there numerous times and there are ashtrays EVERYWHERE. People smoke inside all the time and I have been there with the cops parked right OUTSIDE THE DOOR chatting with patrons while people walk outside with beers.
A place like that will never be punished as long as they keep paying off the cops. Give up and move.
#1... there is a lot of drug dealing going on in there and yes the cops are being pay off.
Neighbor

Bronx, NY

#137 Dec 17, 2013
I live in the neighborhood. When it was time for my property to be re-assessed I brought in the somewhere near 55 police reports over a two year period indicating response to problems at the bar. While I will probably never be able to sell my house, at least the town took pity on me and reduced my assessment 20 % because of my proximity to the place.
America Gentleman Samuel

Plantsville, CT

#138 Dec 18, 2013
So are you trying to saying that it is not oregano they are using in the sauce?
Pizza

Dyersburg, TN

#139 Jan 6, 2014
I like pizza.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Portlandia 1,156,396
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 min JOEL 71,280
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min dont drink the ko... 49,375
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,921
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Feces for pagans 307,122
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr truth told 19,574
Praying That Perez Vigil Was A Bad Dream (Mar '09) Dec 22 John J Thomas 48
Hartford Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hartford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hartford

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:11 pm PST