Shots Fired After Bank Robbery, Polic...

Shots Fired After Bank Robbery, Police Chase In Hartford

There are 87 comments on the NBC 30 Hartford story from Mar 3, 2008, titled Shots Fired After Bank Robbery, Police Chase In Hartford. In it, NBC 30 Hartford reports that:

Shots were fired on Broad Street after police were pursuing a bank robbery suspect from West Hartford into Hartford Monday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 30 Hartford.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#83 Apr 7, 2010
Joe Bak was a real loser. I knew him since he was in middle school all the way up to the day he died (he was about 2 or 3 years younger than me). Even when he was a little pip-squeek, he always tried so hard to be friends with people who didn't want to be his friend because he was a complete psychopath. I remember he took a half gallon of grain alcohol (when he was like 16 years old) and spit it out of his mouth and lit it on fire giving a girl (who he spent half of that evening harassing) burns so bad she was in the hospital (and he also got burned and went to the hospital). Another story - I was at a party, a pretty low-key party by WH standards, and Joe Bak did not like one of my friends (because that's who Joe Bak was, he hated people for no reason) and so when he found out my friend was outside hanging out on the porch, Joe Bak beat the living hell out of him. He put him on the ground and beat, kicked, and threw chairs at my friend... FOR NO REASON. Joe Bak was a real low-life. Everyone always said about Joe that he would either end up dead or in prison for life... well, he died. Oh and by the way, he didn't JUST rob the bank earlier that day, he also RAPED one of his FRIENDS!!! He stayed at her house overnight, and then he raped her, stole her car, and robbed the bank. He was also a huge heroin addict.... He decided his fate when he chose to do those things. The cops may have pulled the trigger that killed him, but it was HE who created the circumstances surrounding his death. No one likes to hear a sad story, and his sister Libby is a beautiful person inside and out (although I have not talked to her since before Joe's death)... THAT is the sad story, that he ruined her life. Joe Bak would have harmed others if he was still around today. Its a sad reality that if you live like a scumbag, you WILL die like a scumbag. Good Riddance.
Ken Burke

AOL

#88 Feb 2, 2011
If Joe had been brought up properly, I doubt he would have self-desructed.
FuckAllPolice

Newington, CT

#90 Jan 21, 2012
The cops who killed him are no better they only hide behind a badge, what goes around comes around trust me RIP joey keep your head up Shane and Ray....The world turns
lets b pc

Glastonbury, CT

#91 Mar 9, 2012
FuckAllPolice wrote:
The cops who killed him are no better they only hide behind a badge, what goes around comes around trust me RIP joey keep your head up Shane and Ray....The world turns
Let me guess...you're Afreekan Amereekin?
shawn

Hartford, CT

#92 Aug 13, 2012
the kid is dead and look at all the hateful nasty comments on here .this is why i don't respect most people in our country and this is why i will continue to disrespect whoever and whomever i damn well please.
110mohegan

Fort Pierce, FL

#94 Aug 23, 2015
Went to school with this kid. Read his obituary saying he was a successful entrepreneur and computer genious. Far from the truth. He was always getting into trouble and stealing from everyone the entire time I knew him. Sad to say but he was one of those guys that was never going to get it. He got what he deserved. One less criminal in the world
JoeBakRotsInHell

San Francisco, CA

#95 May 23, 2016
Joe Bak was a violent monster who deserved his fate. Prior to his rape and robbery spree, Joe was notorious in West Hartford:

a) Even in middle school (and esp. in high school), he routinely assaulted people for no reason--completely unprovoked--because he was a sadistic psychopath. He took such pleasure in torturing the weak, or those he didn't feel were cool enough. These weren't just routine schoolyard scuffles--these were the deranged, horrifying, random beatings that you'd see in a prison. No surprise that he became an armed bank robber, rapist, and wannabe cop-killer.

b) He teased students with learning disabilities, beat them up and robbed them--this included students with mental retardation. Joe loved victimizing the most defenseless at Hall High.

c) He attended parties in West Hartford just to steal from the hosts (cash, jewelry, computers, etc.). He then bragged about it and pawned the stolen goods for drug money.

d) He used and dealt heroin, and it was rumored around town that drugs he sold one night led to the overdose and death of a high school student. Rather than help, Joe fled the scene and then ran to Florida, like the coward that he always was.

Joe Bak's miserable life was nothing more than a series of cruel crimes, and yes, he was the product of his family: a gang of felons and thieves. If you want to know what Joe was like, look at the threatening posts from his brother, Troy, who helped create that him. Shame on Troy for his continued defense of Joe's crimes. And that obituary: "computer genius"? Please, Joe never went to class and was an illiterate hoodlum. And most importantly, he was the diametric opposite of the "kind and gentle soul" portrayed by his deadbeat family. In his last moments, his threatened police and finally met a force that he couldn't bully.

It's now been over seven years since his death. Every March, we should celebrate the anniversary, because it was a blessing that spared so many others who would have endured Joe's wrath.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Realtimeloser 1,433,881
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr zef 311,926
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) 1 hr Stephanie 66
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr repubsnow 20,643
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr TRD 71,064
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 61,522
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Wed rabbee yehoshooah... 72,039

Hartford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hartford Mortgages