Killer Given Death Penalty -- Prosecution, Mississippi, John Fahey

Full story: Hartford Courant

On Friday, the day he was sentenced to death, convicted killer Lazale "Choc" Ashby listened quietly as a relative of his victim described how she visualized his last moments on earth.
Comments
81 - 91 of 91 Comments Last updated Aug 24, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Jo Ann

Waterbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2009

The killers are Ronald Piskorski and Gary Schrager. My 27 year old brother was one of the six innocent victims. He just stopped to ask for directions.
Ron Hoyer wrote:
<quoted text>
John B likes Coldplay
JBC

Winsted, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2009

Jo Ann wrote:
You are righ on. My 27 year old brother was one of the victims. I wished they had the death penalty in CT. <quoted text>
They do Jo ann, but the liberals make sure it is not carried out - and it's gonna get worse.
Lynn

West New York, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2009

JoAnn, I couldn't agree with you more. John Salerni was my grandfather. I am truly sorry for your loss. I want to thank you for all that you did in 1997 to see that Schrager never sees the outside of a prison again.
Jo Ann wrote:
You are righ on. My 27 year old brother was one of the victims. I wished they had the death penalty in CT. <quoted text>
Laura

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2010

He was a Czech, not a Pole btw.
Ron Hoyer wrote:
<quoted text>
You see BallBags, John B. says Poles are animals too!
Duane From FL

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2010

Judged:

George Miller Jr wrote:
<quoted text>Prior to Michael Ross, it was Joseph Taborsky who got electric. Started his criminal career when he was a teenager. The press used to go to the library and request his inmate file every time he (Arthur Colombe) came up for parole.
Arthur Culombe was never up for parole. After his death sentence was overturned, and he coiuld have been released from death row, hje asked to remain in prison (figuring he was safer in there as he said people wanted him "hanging from the courthouse roof"). He agreed to plead guilty to second degree murder and take a life sentence. 17 years later Culombe tried to seek parole, but the state just "laughed and told him not to bother them anymore".
mairin

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

I'd say he was Russian since Taborsky ends in a Y Polish names end in "i"

You see BallBags, John B. says Poles are animals too!
J Alan

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Yes I totally agree with both Cheryl and Jo Ann regarding the Donna Lee Bakery Murders.

Ronnie Pisorski (sic) in an article wanted to be pardoned so that he could 'sample freedom'. Ha Ha. He should have thought of that before executing those innocent six people especially the youngest one who happened to walk in at the wrong time.

The Death Penalty should be given to those two murders at the bakery. But now they are just sentenced to life without parole.
awful memories

Liberty, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Jo Ann wrote:
As far as I am concerned they have been too kind to Piskorski. When I was a young child, my family lived next door to Ronald Piskorski and his ex-wife, Linda. We played with 2 of the boys , as the little one had not been born yet. My point is, that at a preschool age , and as a neighbor, I would witness his wife runnning into our kitchen door, screaming for help, with Tiny,(bells hanging in his beard and all) following right behind her, punching her square in her face, etc.... while my Mom called the cops and Dad calmed him down and sent him home. He threw his toddler against the wall and broke his arm.
This man is worse than a monster.He is the spawn of Satan himself.
Hell is too good for this useless blob of DNA, yet alone a death sentence.And shame on Connecticut for turning their prisons and lock down facilities into the biggest babysitting factories in the U.S.; so much so that they have had to farm these douchebags to other states. I dont get it... Prison was supposed to be a place of punishment. And if you broke the law, you forfitted your rights. You became a burden placed on society and were treated as such. What about my rights? I don't see where I have the right to refuse payment of MY HARD EARNED MONEY and taxes to pay for these wastes of skin..........
Kat Cecelia

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

I would like to say that if you had lost a loved one in these murders I am personally sorry. But Tiny is my blood relative and is nothing but a kind and intelligent human being who had a drug fueled night which ended in murder. Knowing him as a clean and sober person he is the nicest person I have known and could hold a better conversation with him than my professors in college. So before a lot of people on here run their mouth with assumptions and negative comments, these men have family too who lost their loved ones. And i for one lost a great person who is now spending the rest of his life behind bars.
Kat Cecelia

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

awful memories wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as I am concerned they have been too kind to Piskorski. When I was a young child, my family lived next door to Ronald Piskorski and his ex-wife, Linda. We played with 2 of the boys , as the little one had not been born yet. My point is, that at a preschool age , and as a neighbor, I would witness his wife runnning into our kitchen door, screaming for help, with Tiny,(bells hanging in his beard and all) following right behind her, punching her square in her face, etc.... while my Mom called the cops and Dad calmed him down and sent him home. He threw his toddler against the wall and broke his arm.
This man is worse than a monster.He is the spawn of Satan himself.
Hell is too good for this useless blob of DNA, yet alone a death sentence.And shame on Connecticut for turning their prisons and lock down facilities into the biggest babysitting factories in the U.S.; so much so that they have had to farm these douchebags to other states. I dont get it... Prison was supposed to be a place of punishment. And if you broke the law, you forfitted your rights. You became a burden placed on society and were treated as such. What about my rights? I don't see where I have the right to refuse payment of MY HARD EARNED MONEY and taxes to pay for these wastes of skin..........
You know nothing of my uncle and who he is as a person. Your comment is so unnecessary and just plain ignorant. Save your comments for someone who ACTUALLY deserve them.
vab1027

Inola, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

I am 54 years old and heard about these murders as i got older. My aunt is now 82 and took in Gary Schrager's mother, her sister, when she became ill and eventually died while he was in prison. My aunt's husband was murdered during this robbery. She was 42 years old at the time. Mike had gone to the bakery to get rye bread for dinner. I have never read any court documents or news about this robbery. I do not understand how a nephew could kill his uncle and leave his aunt a widow. I know that Gary has married while in prison in Minnesota. My understanding is he has been denied all parole. Not sure what happened to the other guy. But if anyone would like to share any info I would like to hear from you. I have never seen a picture of Schrager or even if he has any remorse for what he did. I do not live any CT and my parents never shared this info with us. I have learned about this after my own parents died.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Hartford Forum right now

Search the Hartford Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Whos not Surprised 1,080,257
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 13 min TRD 67,961
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 68,377
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Mothra 45,797
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 hr The_Box 305,088
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 14 hr Samuel 18,546
Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) Thu Lisalava224 63
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hartford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE