Killer Given Death Penalty -- Prosecution, Mississippi, John Fahey

Full story: Hartford Courant

On Friday, the day he was sentenced to death, convicted killer Lazale "Choc" Ashby listened quietly as a relative of his victim described how she visualized his last moments on earth.
Comments
61 - 80 of 91 Comments Last updated Aug 24, 2013
East Mother

Springfield, MA

#67 Apr 1, 2008
She didn't raise her child - How did she do her best? Beautiful people don't walk out on their children.
Cheryl Carter wrote:
I don't believe in the death penalty, however, Lazale should spend lots of time in prison for what he did to that young lady.I know Lazale's mother personally. She is a beautiful person. Have you ever thought that she did the best she could to raise him. People make mistakes. Calling her a drug addict is so wrong. She was not on trial, it was her son who was on trial.
BallBags

Hartford, CT

#68 Apr 1, 2008
Shoreliner wrote:
Thank you Judge Espinosa for making the right decision in this case.
Hopefully the appeals process will be swift so the convicted felon will get his just reward.
Only goes to show that most black men are animals who should be caged as such. I don't care to hear about how they were abandoned by their mothers. My best was abandoned by her mother, and she's got a degree. What does that make of her?
BallBags

Hartford, CT

#69 Apr 1, 2008
Cheryl Carter wrote:
<quoted text> I said she is a beautiful person. Know what your talking about before you make an ass out of yourself
Cheryl shut your trap. You're only protecting her becuase your close to her crackhead ass. She was a damn crackhead who should've never had this demon come out of her womb.
Jackie Chiles

United States

#70 Apr 1, 2008
BallBags wrote:
<quoted text>
Only goes to show that most black men are animals who should be caged as such. I don't care to hear about how they were abandoned by their mothers. My best was abandoned by her mother, and she's got a degree. What does that make of her?
BallBags,

Ease up on the "most black men are criminals" comment. This is 2008, man. Killers come in all shapes and sizes. Some get their just due, some don't. That's life.
John B

Greenfield, MA

#71 Apr 1, 2008
George Miller Jr wrote:
<quoted text>No, last execution was 2004: Michael Ross. Get your facts straight before you open your mouth.
And it was Joe Taborsky, who along with another man (Arthur Cuolombe) killed about a half dozen store owners around central CT.
Ron Hoyer

Hartford, CT

#72 Apr 1, 2008
John B wrote:
<quoted text>
And it was Joe Taborsky, who along with another man (Arthur Cuolombe) killed about a half dozen store owners around central CT.
You see BallBags, John B. says Poles are animals too!
Cheryl Carter

Boston, MA

#73 Apr 1, 2008
BallBags wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheryl shut your trap. You're only protecting her becuase your close to her crackhead ass. She was a damn crackhead who should've never had this demon come out of her womb.
You are just a miserable person, so shut your pie hole.
John B

Greenfield, MA

#74 Apr 1, 2008
Ron Hoyer wrote:
<quoted text>
You see BallBags, John B. says Poles are animals too!
I didn't say that, of course, but the truth doesn't matter much to you anyway, does it Ronnie?(That's one of the things we can discuss at our chit-chat).

(Dammit. Your slimy post # code is 4-6-9 and Jai-Alai ain't got no 9's.)
Ron Hoyer

Hartford, CT

#75 Apr 1, 2008
John B wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say that, of course, but the truth doesn't matter much to you anyway, does it Ronnie?(That's one of the things we can discuss at our chit-chat).
(Dammit. Your slimy post # code is 4-6-9 and Jai-Alai ain't got no 9's.)
An alcoholic, gambling addict. How nice. A letter should go out to the parents of the God forsaken school district that you work for.
George Miller Jr

Newington, CT

#76 Apr 1, 2008
John B wrote:
<quoted text>
Prior to Michael Ross, it was Joseph Taborsky who got electric. Started his criminal career when he was a teenager. The press used to go to the library and request his inmate file every time he (Arthur Colombe) came up for parole.

And it wasn't a half dozen store owners around central CT. It was about a half dozen people at a package store in New Britain.
John B

Greenfield, MA

#77 Apr 1, 2008
Ron Hoyer wrote:
<quoted text>
An alcoholic, gambling addict. How nice. A letter should go out to the parents of the God forsaken school district that you work for.
OK. Write it and drop it off. You know where I am Ronnie.

Dammit! 3619! How'm I gonna win anything if you keep giving me numbers like those?
John B

Greenfield, MA

#78 Apr 1, 2008
George Miller Jr wrote:
<quoted text>Prior to Michael Ross, it was Joseph Taborsky who got electric. Started his criminal career when he was a teenager. The press used to go to the library and request his inmate file every time he (Arthur Colombe) came up for parole.
And it wasn't a half dozen store owners around central CT. It was about a half dozen people at a package store in New Britain.
Almost right George.

The 6 at once in New Britain were by Ron (I think) Pioworski (I think). Close though).

Taborsky and Cuolombe did stores and one at a time executed the owners. One on Zion St. in Hartford where I was 2 blocks down. Pioworski's was the Donna Lee Bakery, I believe, and he did 6 or 7 at once.

Nice guys.
moi

Beverly, MA

#79 Apr 3, 2008
BallBags wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes her a dope for hanging out with you...LOL.
Ron Hoyer

Hartford, CT

#80 Apr 3, 2008
John B wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost right George.
The 6 at once in New Britain were by Ron (I think) Pioworski (I think). Close though).
Taborsky and Cuolombe did stores and one at a time executed the owners. One on Zion St. in Hartford where I was 2 blocks down. Pioworski's was the Donna Lee Bakery, I believe, and he did 6 or 7 at once.
Nice guys.
John B likes Coldplay
John B

Greenfield, MA

#81 Apr 4, 2008
Ron Hoyer wrote:
<quoted text>
John B likes Coldplay
Coldplay?

Nah, I like about 3 blankets and a nice fire for that.

Oh Coldplay? The Band?

They're good, yes. But Gary Moore and Mark Knopfler light my fire Ronny.

Code #: 634* Gonn a give it a try.
flex

Meriden, CT

#82 Apr 4, 2008
delete
Ron Hoyer

Hartford, CT

#83 Apr 4, 2008
John B wrote:
<quoted text>
Coldplay?
Nah, I like about 3 blankets and a nice fire for that.
Oh Coldplay? The Band?
They're good, yes. But Gary Moore and Mark Knopfler light my fire Ronny.
Code #: 634* Gonn a give it a try.
Yeah, you do. You like them.
JBC

Greenfield, MA

#85 Apr 4, 2008
Ok. Ok.

The Scientist. In My Place. Trouble.

OK.
Cheryl

Jupiter, FL

#86 Apr 29, 2008
You're all glorifying murder. Who did what and to whom. You should all smarten up and put your heads together and decide how you can become better people and spread some cheer and goodwill. I lived in New Britain. I knew people who died at the Donna Lee Bakery. Keep smiling when you go pay your taxes that are housing these animals and wonder why kids aren't getting an education, but rather one on the streets. Where do you spend your welfare checks? Say yes to the death penalty and these assholes will think twice. Jerks!
Jo Ann

Waterbury, CT

#88 Jun 23, 2009
You are righ on. My 27 year old brother was one of the victims. I wished they had the death penalty in CT.
Cheryl wrote:
You're all glorifying murder. Who did what and to whom. You should all smarten up and put your heads together and decide how you can become better people and spread some cheer and goodwill. I lived in New Britain. I knew people who died at the Donna Lee Bakery. Keep smiling when you go pay your taxes that are housing these animals and wonder why kids aren't getting an education, but rather one on the streets. Where do you spend your welfare checks? Say yes to the death penalty and these assholes will think twice. Jerks!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Frank 1,101,475
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min LessHypeMoreFact 46,378
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 15 min JOEL 69,091
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 35 min Aryan Barbarian 18,896
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 51 min TRD 68,399
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr John-K 305,486
Find all students who are in Hartford Aug 28 Mr Black 1
•••
•••
•••

Hartford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hartford People Search