Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72043 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

JOEL

Mumbai, India

#49384 Feb 18, 2013
It is said that most birds are monogamous but most animals, fish, mammals, insects, reptiles and other life forms are not monogamous.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#49385 Feb 18, 2013
Monogamy is not a universal law nor is it hardwired in the consciousness of most species.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#49386 Feb 18, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Why don't animals marry?
Why do dogs lick their balls?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#49387 Feb 18, 2013
JOEL wrote:
MARRIAGE IS AN ARTIFICIAL INSTIUTION:

10) Partners can live togther and remain loyal to each other if that is in their nature even without exchanging mumbo jumbo religious vows.
You first!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#49388 Feb 18, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do dogs lick their balls?
Because they can.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#49389 Feb 18, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they can.
and in the same token, and why cant dogs marry?
Voluntarily

United States

#49390 Feb 18, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Factually, what do you call someone who refuses to conform to societal norms?
It would depend what the norm is, if it was refusing to have sex with donkeys I would say that is good judgement.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#49391 Feb 18, 2013
Voluntarily wrote:
<quoted text>
It would depend what the norm is, if it was refusing to have sex with donkeys I would say that is good judgement.
Since when is sex with donkeys considered normal by society? You're a strange person.
Voluntarist

United States

#49392 Feb 18, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when is sex with donkeys considered normal by society? You're a strange person.
The fact of the matter is that many immoral acts might be considered the norm.

Obama's drone strikes of innocent women and children might end up being normal to you, aren't the drone strikes not conforming to societal norms?

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#49393 Feb 18, 2013
The message new to the people of Arabia...the entire invasion was new i say!
They where not known as muslims but as import.
Strangers from abroad.

But it kind of pays to look up: quraan hanief of Abraham. Several mentions usually in the sense of upright others as friend.
Usually it get's a monotheistic interpretation however.
But the Hanief as group have their own set of rules too!

quraan:
98/Al-Baiyinah 5: And they have been commanded for nothing but to worship Allah as HANIF, being righteous (with a purified soul (ego)) and to perform regular prayer and to give alms. And that is the Religion which is QAYYUM (True and Acceptable).

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#49394 Feb 18, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact of the matter is that many immoral acts might be considered the norm.
Obama's drone strikes of innocent women and children might end up being normal to you, aren't the drone strikes not conforming to societal norms?
false equivalence

COR never opined regarding the normality or the morality of drone strikes

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#49395 Feb 18, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact of the matter is that many immoral acts might be considered the norm.
Obama's drone strikes of innocent women and children might end up being normal to you, aren't the drone strikes not conforming to societal norms?
There is no state so that never happened. ;p

You are strange, there is no society where 'immoral acts' are considered normal.

It's not like they aim to get women and children!
Nor would they know if they are used as a shield or cover.
Nor are women and chidren in a position to prevent this and if nothing is done they never ever will.
Militant Islamist consider them lower than animals, so how was that about morals again?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#49398 Feb 18, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no state so that never happened. ;p
You are strange, there is no society where 'immoral acts' are considered normal.
It's not like they aim to get women and children!
Nor would they know if they are used as a shield or cover.
Nor are women and chidren in a position to prevent this and if nothing is done they never ever will.
Militant Islamist consider them lower than animals, so how was that about morals again?
But you got to understand that the government lets the people believe that these are drone strikes, in order to cover up for the fact that these are really all asteroid attacks.

That way they can achieve three important objectives simultaneously 1) foster a sense of military control over the population, 2)keep the public from panicking, and 3) prepare the world for one world government by promoting a sense of inevitability.

I know all of this because it is all explained on the websites that I follow. Therefore it has to be true.
Voluntarist

United States

#49400 Feb 18, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
false equivalence
COR never opined regarding the normality or the morality of drone strikes
It is an example, the people can be desensitized into thinking that drone strikes are the norm.
Voluntarist

United States

#49401 Feb 18, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no state so that never happened. ;p
You are strange, there is no society where 'immoral acts' are considered normal.
It's not like they aim to get women and children!
Nor would they know if they are used as a shield or cover.
Nor are women and chidren in a position to prevent this and if nothing is done they never ever will.
Militant Islamist consider them lower than animals, so how was that about morals again?
How do you know what they aim for?
And then we have the constitution of no authority, where did Obama derive this power from?
Of course there are no citizens there are no states and no evidence that the so called constitution is applicable to anyone.
Voluntarist

United States

#49402 Feb 18, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But you got to understand that the government lets the people believe that these are drone strikes, in order to cover up for the fact that these are really all asteroid attacks.
That way they can achieve three important objectives simultaneously 1) foster a sense of military control over the population, 2)keep the public from panicking, and 3) prepare the world for one world government by promoting a sense of inevitability.
I know all of this because it is all explained on the websites that I follow. Therefore it has to be true.
I saw it on tv therefore it Is true
a man that calls himself a scientist says so therefore it's true
The government created a special panel of themselves to investigate their own findings therefore their conclusion is true because they never lie or make mistakes.
The government says there are such things called magic bullets therefore their story is true.

There is no such thing as internment camps because the government says so the fema camps are for your own protection.

The law enforcement are there to protect you, without them there would be mass chaos because. the government says so.
Law enforcement has no duty to protect anyone because the government says so.

Magical words on a piece of paper modify human behavior because the government says so.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#49403 Feb 18, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw it on tv therefore it Is true
a man that calls himself a scientist says so therefore it's true
The government created a special panel of themselves to investigate their own findings therefore their conclusion is true because they never lie or make mistakes.
The government says there are such things called magic bullets therefore their story is true.
There is no such thing as internment camps because the government says so the fema camps are for your own protection.
The law enforcement are there to protect you, without them there would be mass chaos because. the government says so.
Law enforcement has no duty to protect anyone because the government says so.
Magical words on a piece of paper modify human behavior because the government says so.
me thinks the lady doth protest too much

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#49404 Feb 18, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know what they aim for?
And then we have the constitution of no authority, where did Obama derive this power from?
Of course there are no citizens there are no states and no evidence that the so called constitution is applicable to anyone.
Intelligence.
I'm sorry, i could mention the Acte van Verlaetinge which is the forerunner, or say by social contract. But frankly i haven't got a clue what your on about, you might as well have implied reasonable deniablity, as point to some legitimate grieve.
The rest would be semantics.
But frankly the question was on my mind why 'marriage as sexual acts constitutes insecticide' or some such statement by Joel.
Voluntarist

United States

#49405 Feb 18, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Intelligence.
I'm sorry, i could mention the Acte van Verlaetinge which is the forerunner, or say by social contract. But frankly i haven't got a clue what your on about, you might as well have implied reasonable deniablity, as point to some legitimate grieve.
The rest would be semantics.
But frankly the question was on my mind why 'marriage as sexual acts constitutes insecticide' or some such statement by Joel.
Your answer to how do you know what they aim for is I intelligence? who's intelligence?

If I was aiming for a deer bad shot you would I be criminally culpable?
If the president told me to kill the deer do I get a pass?
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#49406 Feb 18, 2013
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-64

Our prophet was not only a preacher. He was also an able administrator and a just ruler.

Those who have experience of administration know when to act tough and when to act with leniency. A King, Ruler and President knows which criminal to pardon and which to get executed. Those who do not have this experience may only speak in idealistic terms. Such idealistic persons are never able to administer any country or state with efficiency.

Beside so many “Swords” which we have mentioned earlier on this thread. He also had a sword of steel. When no other sword worked and the only solution was to wield the sword of steel, he used that also.

Any one who has read his biography knows that how reluctantly he had to use it. We present below, some of these cases, where prophet had to use the sword of steel.

G. The Case of : JEWS OF BANI QURAIDHAH

This is the case which enemies of Islam highlight much and present our prophet as a "merciless killer" who witnessed the murder of whole Jewish tribe in cold blood and there is hardly any western biographer of Prophet's life who does not shed 'crocodiles tears' at the fate of these Jews.

But seeing the conduct of prophet with Jewish tribes of his time living in Arabia, before or after the JEWS OF BANI QURAIDHAH , we find that their case was an exception.

1. Prophet and his pact with Jewish Tribes of Madina:

When prophet came to Madina, three Jewish Tribes were living there and one of the First Act which prophet did was to write a pact of unified defense and co-existence between Muslims and these three jewish tribes.

They were given freedom to continue and practice their religion and live in Madina, and have a pact of 'joint defense' with Muslims should there be any outside attack. And they should live in peace and harmony and do not do any act which harms any party.

2. How Prophet dealt with Other Jewish Tribes:

But as it happens, these jewish tribes broke their pact with Muslims one by one. The first tribe was BANI QAINUQAH, who were asked to leave Madina with their possessions and arms … they went and settled with Jews of KHAIBAR and others.

The second were BANI NADHEER, who also broke the pact and prophet lay a siege to their locality and after a brief resistance, they surrendered to prophet and he asked them to leave Madina with household goods that can be carried on camels. They destroyed their own houses (so that Muslims should not use them) and loaded their goods on camels, and left Madina and got settled in KHAIBAR a Jewish Community some distance from Madina.

Then prophet conquered KHAIBAR and other Jewish communities like FADAK, TEIMA, etc. He made a peace pact with them on payment of Tribute which is called JIZYA in Arabic.

3. BANI QURAIZAH were exception and not the rule:

So we do not find that in ANY case of prophet dealing with Jews, where the punishment given to Jews of BANI QURAIZAH was repeated. And we do not know another case in 1400 years of Islamic history, where this rule was used against ANY people, be it Jews, Christians or Jews themselves.

So by any standard this was an exception, and people should look into what was the Crime of This Jewish Tribe and why they deserved Exemplary Punishment. And on another level we should see, if this was not the punishment which Torah itself provided.

(Contd.)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/122191862

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Nigel 1,458,649
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Mothra 62,320
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Truth is might 312,702
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr Well Well 20,700
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 13 hr Ize Found 71,234
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) Sun YIM 7,942
News Memorable Nights At The Shaboo -- Courant.com (Aug '07) Sun ShaBOO 155

Hartford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hartford Mortgages