Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,365
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#46994 Jan 14, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: do you have an origional or authentic scroll, to verify your claim? but evidence suggests, that all official scriptures, were written in tetragrammen eevreet (almost completely without vowels). as it is in, The Athenticated Torah Scrolls.
Tense, or what passes for tense in Hebrew, is dependent on prefixes and suffixes, not vowels. Inflection and imperative can be related to vowels, however.
SamBee

Orlando, FL

#46996 Jan 14, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
And, considering that the tense of the passage is "past tense", and Isaiah wrote the passage prior to 1 CE, how does this passage relate to someone born after the passage was written?
Who is YashaYahu speaking of Eric? Who do you say bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors?

YashaYahu 53

1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of Yahuah revealed?

2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and Yahuah hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it pleased Yahuah to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of Yahuah shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#46997 Jan 14, 2013
SamBee that is Isaiah 53: Jesus name in Hebrew is
Yeshua Hamashia
Isaiah 53

Who has believed our message
and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
and like a root out of dry ground.
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
3 He was despised and rejected by mankind,
a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
Like one from whom people hide their faces
he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

4 Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
stricken by him, and afflicted.
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to our own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed and afflicted,
yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
and as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.
8 By oppression[a] and judgment he was taken away.
Yet who of his generation protested?
For he was cut off from the land of the living;
for the transgression of my people he was punished.[b]

9 He was assigned a grave with the wicked,
and with the rich in his death,
though he had done no violence,
nor was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it was the Lord’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
and though the Lord makes[c] his life an offering for sin,
he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
and the will of the Lord will prosper in his hand.
11 After he has suffered,
he will see the light of life[d] and be satisfied[e];
by his knowledge[f] my righteous servant will justify many,
and he will bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore I will give him a portion among the great,[g]
and he will divide the spoils with the strong,[h]
because he poured out his life unto death,
and was numbered with the transgressors.
For he bore the sin of many,
and made intercession for the transgressors.

Footnote: In reading the Prophets, they will skip over and not read Isaiah 53, for it shows the Christ to be a suffering Christ to pay for our sins once and for all. The next time Christ appears will be with a sword, and to put the Devil into chains for 1000 years. During that time the lamb will lie down with the lion, and there will be peace on earth, not before that. Also if you read in Revelations 144,000 of the tribes of Israel will convert the entire world to the Messiah
Jesus Christ, and the Devil will be released for the final battle before there will be a new earth,and a new heaven, and the final judgment.
Maranatha, Come Lord Jesus Come
Dominus Vobiscum
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#46998 Jan 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Tense, or what passes for tense in Hebrew, is dependent on prefixes and suffixes, not vowels. Inflection and imperative can be related to vowels, however.
rabbee: sorry but suffixes and prefixes, determine gender, prepositions, and pronouns. they do not determine, past, present, and future tense. and it is on very rare occasions, that vowels are included in TheTorah. resulting in TheTorah, being written in omnitense. since TheTorah is past, present, and future tense at all times. TheTorah is unceasing, in it's application here in IT forever and always. and what happened the last two times gave this to all of you, and your grandmother of all. is actually happening again, without change. cause the whole world is still, commiting the exact same sins.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#46999 Jan 14, 2013
O shyte , here we go again.
52 is connected to 53 by means of the vav, meaning and.
So if 52 is all about Israel anthropomorphized as she, then it continues in 53.
For understanding what 52 is about you need to go back a bit further.

Any failed messiah does not figure whatsoever.
All this annoying pick and choose just looses the proper context.
And you end up with Allah being jesus.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#47000 Jan 14, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: sorry but suffixes and prefixes, determine gender, prepositions, and pronouns. they do not determine, past, present, and future tense. and it is on very rare occasions, that vowels are included in TheTorah. resulting in TheTorah, being written in omnitense. since TheTorah is past, present, and future tense at all times. TheTorah is unceasing, in it's application here in IT forever and always. and what happened the last two times gave this to all of you, and your grandmother of all. is actually happening again, without change. cause the whole world is still, commiting the exact same sins.
rabbee: oh and i left out suffixes, indicate singular and plural forms also.
SamBee

Orlando, FL

#47001 Jan 14, 2013
Bruser wrote:
SamBee that is Isaiah 53: Jesus name in Hebrew is
Yeshua Hamashia
Isaiah 53
Who has believed our message
and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
and like a root out of dry ground.
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
3 He was despised and rejected by mankind,
a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
Like one from whom people hide their faces
he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.
4 Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
stricken by him, and afflicted.
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to our own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed and afflicted,
yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
and as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.
8 By oppression[a] and judgment he was taken away.
Yet who of his generation protested?
For he was cut off from the land of the living;
for the transgression of my people he was punished.[b]
9 He was assigned a grave with the wicked,
and with the rich in his death,
though he had done no violence,
nor was any deceit in his mouth.
10 Yet it was the Lord’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
and though the Lord makes[c] his life an offering for sin,
he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
and the will of the Lord will prosper in his hand.
11 After he has suffered,
he will see the light of life[d] and be satisfied[e];
by his knowledge[f] my righteous servant will justify many,
and he will bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore I will give him a portion among the great,[g]
and he will divide the spoils with the strong,[h]
because he poured out his life unto death,
and was numbered with the transgressors.
For he bore the sin of many,
and made intercession for the transgressors.
Footnote: In reading the Prophets, they will skip over and not read Isaiah 53, for it shows the Christ to be a suffering Christ to pay for our sins once and for all. The next time Christ appears will be with a sword, and to put the Devil into chains for 1000 years. During that time the lamb will lie down with the lion, and there will be peace on earth, not before that. Also if you read in Revelations 144,000 of the tribes of Israel will convert the entire world to the Messiah
Jesus Christ, and the Devil will be released for the final battle before there will be a new earth,and a new heaven, and the final judgment.
Maranatha, Come Lord Jesus Come
Dominus Vobiscum
Shalum, His name is Yahusha todah for the reply.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#47002 Jan 14, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: sorry but suffixes and prefixes, determine gender, prepositions, and pronouns. they do not determine, past, present, and future tense. and it is on very rare occasions, that vowels are included in TheTorah. resulting in TheTorah, being written in omnitense. since TheTorah is past, present, and future tense at all times. TheTorah is unceasing, in it's application here in IT forever and always. and what happened the last two times gave this to all of you, and your grandmother of all. is actually happening again, without change. cause the whole world is still, commiting the exact same sins.
With all due respect rabbee, you are the only one here permanently in the present tense.

Keeps you young!
Gtown71

United States

#47003 Jan 14, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly do you mean by truth?
Truth is God
God created all that is.
God created man with free will
God created evil, becouse without it, then free will cannot exsist.
Man choses evil every time.
God is Holy and Sinless.
God cannot allow sinful man in His Home.
God made a way, that man can come into His Home.
Man rejects God.
God loves man.
If man gets to a point where he agrees with God, then God and man can reason together.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#47004 Jan 14, 2013
The word "spirit" came into Middle English via Old French. The distinction between soul and spirit also developed in the Abrahamic religions: Arabic nafs (&#1606;&#1601;&#1 587;) opposite rú&#295; (&#1585;&#1608;&#1 581;); Hebrew neshama (&#1504;&#1456;&#1 513;&#1464;&#1473; &#1502;&#1464;&#14 92; n&#601;šâmâh) or nephesh (in Hebrew neshama comes from the root NŠM or "breath") opposite ruach (&#1512;&#1493;&#1 468;&#1495;&#1463; rűa&#295;).(Note, however, that in Semitic just as in Indo-European, this dichotomy has not always been as neat historically as it has come to be taken over a long period of development: Both &#1504;&#1462;&#14 51;&#1508;&#1462;& #1513;&#1473; (root &#1504;&#1508;&#15 13;&#1473;) and &#1512;&#1493;&#14 68;&#1495;&#1463; (root &#1512;&#1493;&#14 95;), as well as cognate words in various Semitic languages, including Arabic, also preserve meanings involving misc. air phenomena: "breath", "wind", and even "odour".[5][6][7])

Just to set some things straight.
neshama would be light/lively/g-d shining through, where ruah would have the ancient greek comparable meaning of lifespark/fire which makes us lively/enthousiastic that is also comparable to ancient sumerian depictions of a pregnant women as having fire in the womb, or ancient negev depictions along a similar thought of a man with fire above him that was the first presentation of YA.
Gtown71

United States

#47005 Jan 14, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Logic Fail #1: You talk about the existence of "absolute truth" (also known as Universality in philosophical circles) but show no correlation between that statement and the existence of a god. I too believe that absolute truth can exist, but in the form of logic and mathematics, not in the existence of an imaginary being.
Logic Fail #2: You talk about absolute truth, yet fail to describe an objective yard stick for ascertaining such truth, instead relying on subjective experience ("...if a man truly wants to know the One True God, the that man can call out within himself").
Your arguments are strictly emotion-based and filled with anecdotes of your "coming to Jesus" experience. That is fine if it helped get you through a rough spot, but your personal experience has no relevance to the topic of "absolute truth".
3 men were traveling together, and wanted to save money, so the decided to stay in a motel room together.
They ask the motel clerk, how much are rooms.
The clerk said 30 dollars, so each man gives the clerk 10 dollars each.

Later the motel manager asked the clerk -have you sold any rooms? The clerk says yes, I sold 1 for 30 dollars.
The manager said, but rooms are only 25 dollars, so please take these 5 one's and give them back to the men.

On the way to the room, the clerk begin to think (the men don't know how much I am to give them, so the clerk takes 2 of the dollar bills, and puts them in his pocket. When he gets to the room, he explains how he overcharged the men, and handed each man back 1 dollar.

Now, instead of each man being out 10 dollars each for the room, they are only out 9 dollars each.

Yet 9 times 3 = 27 + the 2 dollars the clerk stoled only comes to 29, so what happened to the other dollar?

Mans ruler can be incorrect many times.
New homes are not as straight as you might think.

Yes -man can build some amazing things, and even more amazing to me, is how whatever you see -homes, buildings, cell phones, computers, anything. It all came out of the dirt.
Gods dirt.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#47006 Jan 14, 2013
MAAT wrote:
The word "spirit" came into Middle English via Old French. The distinction between soul and spirit also developed in the Abrahamic religions: Arabic nafs (&#1606;&#1601;&#1 587;) opposite rú&#295; (&#1585;&#1608;&#1 581;); Hebrew neshama (&#1504;&#1456;&#1 513;&#1464;&#1473; &#1502;&#1464;&#14 92; n&#601;šâmâh) or nephesh (in Hebrew neshama comes from the root NŠM or "breath") opposite ruach (&#1512;&#1493;&#1 468;&#1495;&#1463; rűa&#295;).(Note, however, that in Semitic just as in Indo-European, this dichotomy has not always been as neat historically as it has come to be taken over a long period of development: Both &#1504;&#1462;&#14 51;&#1508;&#1462;& #1513;&#1473; (root &#1504;&#1508;&#15 13;&#1473;) and &#1512;&#1493;&#14 68;&#1495;&#1463; (root &#1512;&#1493;&#14 95;), as well as cognate words in various Semitic languages, including Arabic, also preserve meanings involving misc. air phenomena: "breath", "wind", and even "odour".[5][6][7])
Just to set some things straight.
neshama would be light/lively/g-d shining through, where ruah would have the ancient greek comparable meaning of lifespark/fire which makes us lively/enthousiastic that is also comparable to ancient sumerian depictions of a pregnant women as having fire in the womb, or ancient negev depictions along a similar thought of a man with fire above him that was the first presentation of YA.
Maat--Just to set some things straight.

HughBe-- a step in the right direction, Maat.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#47014 Jan 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect rabbee, you are the only one here permanently in the present tense.
Keeps you young!
rabbee: nah! i am past tense, presently tense, and future tense. i was here all the other times, G-D gave this story, i am here in IT, and i shall be in it when G-D gives it again. the world keeps screwing it up, and i always have do do it again. i am going to have to do this again, with or without all of you and your grandmother of all. same as last time.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#47015 Jan 14, 2013
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-37

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : CAPTIVES OF HAWAZIN

This story also relates to the battle of HUNAIN, which we discussed above. The Tribe of HAWAZIN consisted of many sub clans, amongst which were Banu SAAD, who had given suckle to prophet when he was infant.

Prophet stayed for five to six years with these people during his infancy and his early childhood.

After battle was over, and enemy scattered, many captives were taken from the battle field along with many camels, sheep and goats etc.

Prophet waited for some days, for enemy tribes to come and talk to him about their animals and captives. When no one came he distributed them amongst Muslims.

HAWAZIN people came after some days and wanted the prophet to free their slaves….they selected a very eloquent person amongst them to present their case before prophet.

He said “O Mohammad amongst the captives and many of those who gave you suckle and their daughters and sisters, If we had given suckle to Kings of Yemen and HIRA, they would have treated us differently. Please have mercy on us and set them free…(and words of the same type”.

The prophet was moved on hearing this sermon and he asked Muslims to free their slaves without taking any thing from them. So many hundreds of slaves were set free on this command of prophet.

This was the “Sword of Mercy and Compassion” which prophet used to enslave people of HAWAZIN tribe for ever!

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi
idgaf

Tewksbury, MA

#47016 Jan 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>'
oh that
<quoted text>
ahhhh....you are on to something
seriously - there are some amusing and/or interesting conversations to be had here, but sometime it takes a bit of winnowing....and perserverance...
and none of it has much to do with the topic in the narrow sense.
I've been amused, entertained and at times educated with the broad scope of topics most of which don't have much to do with the main topic. A silly question, some of these are interesting topics, why not give them their own forum? I'm sure many do not participate here cause they see the Messianic Jews blah blah and don't care about the topic. The cast of characters doesn't leave you wanting hehehhe.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#47017 Jan 14, 2013
Time to go to the gym. Bye.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#47019 Jan 14, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
3 men were traveling together, and wanted to save money, so the decided to stay in a motel room together.
They ask the motel clerk, how much are rooms.
The clerk said 30 dollars, so each man gives the clerk 10 dollars each.
Later the motel manager asked the clerk -have you sold any rooms? The clerk says yes, I sold 1 for 30 dollars.
The manager said, but rooms are only 25 dollars, so please take these 5 one's and give them back to the men.
On the way to the room, the clerk begin to think (the men don't know how much I am to give them, so the clerk takes 2 of the dollar bills, and puts them in his pocket. When he gets to the room, he explains how he overcharged the men, and handed each man back 1 dollar.
Now, instead of each man being out 10 dollars each for the room, they are only out 9 dollars each.
Yet 9 times 3 = 27 + the 2 dollars the clerk stoled only comes to 29, so what happened to the other dollar?
Mans ruler can be incorrect many times.
New homes are not as straight as you might think.
Yes -man can build some amazing things, and even more amazing to me, is how whatever you see -homes, buildings, cell phones, computers, anything. It all came out of the dirt.
Gods dirt.
The $30 is accounted for. The hotel got $25, the clerk takes $2, and the men get a $3 refund.

25+2+3 =30

If your point of this story is to show your inability to reason through a logic problem, you've succeeded ;-).

The points in my prior post stand.

“Where is Cookeville?”

Since: Dec 07

Cookeville

#47020 Jan 14, 2013
noah campbridge wrote:
fairloans7@gmail.comLoan Offer
Hello,
Are you financially handicap?Here is the
solution to your
problem.We offer loans to customers all
over the World @ 2%
interest rate per annum.Our disbursement
ranges from minimum of
$5,000.00 to $300,000.00.Note:all applicant
must be above the
age of 18 yrs.Do you have a low credit score
and you are
finding it hard to obtain a loan from local
banks and other
financial institutes? Do you need a loan or
funding for any
reason such as:
a) Personal Loan, Business Expansion.
b) Business Start-up and Education.
c) Debt Consolidation.
d) Hard Money Loans.
Credit Card Loan
Email us at:fairloans7@gmail.com
FILL OUT THE PERSONAL DATA FORM BELOW:
Name:
Country:
Contact address:
Age:
Tel:
Occupation:
Marital status:
Job status:
Sex:
Monthly Income(optional):
Loan purpose:
Amount Needed as loan:
Loan Duration or Period
Thanks
noah campbridge
c.e.o fair loans....
really? It doesn't even end on the topix? Are debtor's prisons coming back, then? Some poor soul in Texas was thrown into prison last year over a $2000 hospital bill. Do you really want to be part of the vanguard that begins this process anew? Find a new line of work, mate. First and last warning.
idgaf

Tewksbury, MA

#47021 Jan 14, 2013
I see truth and understanding of stories and philosophies that people have individually. I fail to see connections with God. I fail to see that although you are all very knowledgable about the early languages that one of you can make the connections with God. I do see a lot of knowledge or perceived knowledge.

I reiterate, why did God not reveal Himself to the American Indians (America being the new world)? There were also many others who didn't get the memo. Why? Why theJews? Why the Arabs? Why the Romans?

“Where is Cookeville?”

Since: Dec 07

Cookeville

#47022 Jan 14, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-37
Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man,
I do no understand, Muq. your own reverred "Prophet" MARRIED an 8-year old child. He "thighed" her before-hand. He be-headed, crusaded, mauraded, and slaughtered two entire communities of Jews who had lived in Arabia for centuries, killed every nlast one of them. What are you defending against the "enemies of Islam," exactly? The right to maurade, crusade, sexually abuse children, and be-head constantly? You do not like Christians, and this is obvious, you would be very hard-pressed indeed to find ANYTHING recorded about Christ behaving in what would even remotely be considered an "unChristian" fashion. That is really the problem, when you get right down to it, for people like you who are fundamentally, well, "atheistic." Christ never killed, Christ never stoned, Christ never molested, Christ never raped or offerred captured women for rape, Christ never really had a problem with anybody, and He certainly didn't set out to intentionally hurt or wage war against anyone. Christ surrendered. Islam does not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min Earthling-1 46,588
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min TSM 1,109,280
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 min Junket 305,558
CT Who do you support for Governor in Connecticut ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Jcurtis 791
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr pedlar 19,204
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 hr TRD 68,469
Ryan Thompson Case (Feb '09) Sun jem 21
•••
•••
•••

Hartford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hartford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hartford
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••