Manchester Crash

There are 30 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Mar 11, 2009, titled Manchester Crash. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Marcy Tardif, 29, of Charter Oak Street, was pronounced dead at Hartford Hospital after the accident, which happened in the eastbound lanes near exit 2 shortly before 1 p.m., state police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Anti-Walmarter

Newington, CT

#1 Mar 11, 2009
What are the odds that the driver in white car was on a cell phone when the car swerved to the left?
Just a thought...
kpw

Brookfield, CT

#2 Mar 11, 2009
The Anti-Walmarter wrote:
What are the odds that the driver in white car was on a cell phone when the car swerved to the left?
Just a thought...
STOP THINKING. By the way, what are the odds?
Skip

Southington, CT

#3 Mar 11, 2009
I've never driven in the right center or left center lanes. Is that some parallel universe?
yeah

Storrs Mansfield, CT

#4 Mar 11, 2009
I bet the idiot in the white bmw just drove off.
bam bam

United States

#5 Mar 11, 2009
God Bless Marcy Tardif and her family.

“Concerned citizen”

Since: Oct 07

West Hartford, CT

#6 Mar 11, 2009
yeah wrote:
I bet the idiot in the white bmw just drove off.
Where did you get the idea that the BMW was white? Not from this article...
LaneChanger

East Longmeadow, MA

#7 Mar 11, 2009
Skip wrote:
I've never driven in the right center or left center lanes. Is that some parallel universe?
Think of it this way, Skip. If there were three lanes, you could describe them as left, center, and right lanes. If there are four, they would be left, left center, right center, and right. So judging by the story the BMW moved from the right center lane to the left center lane, the driver in the left center was then forced into the left lane, sending the driver in the left lane to the median. The universe is back in order, except for the poor woman who was killed.
LaneChanger

East Longmeadow, MA

#8 Mar 11, 2009
Oops, my mistake. A "white car" was in the right center and apparently caused the accident, not the innocent BMW driver.
just-plain-nuts

Gales Ferry, CT

#9 Mar 11, 2009
Just slow down and back off. Save a life!!! My sympathy to Marcy's family and friends.
Mom

Storrs Mansfield, CT

#10 Mar 11, 2009
I saw the scene a hour later and her car was flatten and smashed to a heap of metal. Horrific! I bet speed played a part in this.
Dan Pacino

Bethlehem, CT

#11 Mar 11, 2009
I drove by the area today and the State Police had their unmarked cars out.
Why is it that the State takes action after the fact.
I spend all day on the highways in CT. and cannot tell you how much speeding, texting and talking on cell phones goes on.
If the police aren't going to enforce the laws, why have them ??????
My sympathy to Marcy's family.
Rich

East Hartford, CT

#12 Mar 11, 2009
Condolences to the Tardif family.
JNR

Manchester, CT

#13 Mar 11, 2009
At this point, until we learn more about the facts relative to this tragedy, the comments posted above are speculative. We do not know what caused the chain reaction (yet). While I share the concern regarding the perceived increase in driving distractors (i.e. cell phones, text messaging, etc.) it is unrealistic to think that state (and local) law enforcement will be able to eradicate these issues, particularly in light of the state economy, which threatens to actually reduce the number of police officers across the state. Given the fact that there is an inverse relationship between the economy and crime (which increases as the economy sours), law enforcement agencies across CT will be forced to do more with less...
Rose

Moodus, CT

#14 Mar 11, 2009
I also drove by the accident scene yesterday afternoon. I thought that it had just happened. The car was still there and the woman's coat was on the ground next to the car. The passenger side of the car was unidentifiable. When I first heard that she survived I couldn't beleive that someone was so lucky. That poor woman and her family.
JLD

Bolton, CT

#15 Mar 11, 2009
Skip wrote:
If there's four lanes, you have.
Las Vegas

United States

#16 Mar 11, 2009
I happen to know this young lady and am horrified at what happened. She leaves behind 2 very young children and her mom. My condolences to her family and friends, Marcy was very loved and will be greatly missed.
Saddam Huessein

Glastonbury, CT

#17 Mar 11, 2009
Dan Pacino wrote:
I drove by the area today and the State Police had their unmarked cars out.
Why is it that the State takes action after the fact.
I spend all day on the highways in CT. and cannot tell you how much speeding, texting and talking on cell phones goes on.
If the police aren't going to enforce the laws, why have them ??????
My sympathy to Marcy's family.
Reacting after the fact is business as usuals for the RellAdministration.

Impeach Rell, Save Lives
Umm

Tolland, CT

#18 Mar 11, 2009
Mom wrote:
I saw the scene a hour later and her car was flatten and smashed to a heap of metal. Horrific! I bet speed played a part in this.
Probably...It was ON the interstate.
GEO

United States

#19 Mar 11, 2009
Mom wrote:
Im sure, I have been passed by some very fast cars on that stretch.at least 80+ What makes things worse is that people tailgate. You need to have reaction time. People forget that little section in the Drivers manual.
signs of the times

United States

#20 Mar 11, 2009
well.....as CRAZY as people drive here in ct things like this accident do not strike me as surprising, connecticut is ROAD RAGE HELL ! i am sad this young woman tragiclly lost her life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Yeah 1,382,921
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 min ThomasA 20,290
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min Mothra 59,470
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 27 min ThomasA 311,154
News Suspect Had Quit Rehab (Mar '08) Tue Ken Burke 135
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Tue Ize Found 70,598
News Shots Fired After Bank Robbery, Police Chase In... (Mar '08) Mon JoeBakRotsInHell 87
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hartford Mortgages