Manchester Crash

Full story: Hartford Courant

Marcy Tardif, 29, of Charter Oak Street, was pronounced dead at Hartford Hospital after the accident, which happened in the eastbound lanes near exit 2 shortly before 1 p.m., state police said.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The Anti-Walmarter

Rocky Hill, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

Judged:

What are the odds that the driver in white car was on a cell phone when the car swerved to the left?
Just a thought...
kpw

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

The Anti-Walmarter wrote:
What are the odds that the driver in white car was on a cell phone when the car swerved to the left?
Just a thought...
STOP THINKING. By the way, what are the odds?
Skip

Rocky Hill, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

Judged:

I've never driven in the right center or left center lanes. Is that some parallel universe?
yeah

Storrs Mansfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

I bet the idiot in the white bmw just drove off.
bam bam

Manchester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

God Bless Marcy Tardif and her family.

“Concerned citizen”

Since: Oct 07

West Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

yeah wrote:
I bet the idiot in the white bmw just drove off.
Where did you get the idea that the BMW was white? Not from this article...
LaneChanger

East Longmeadow, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

Judged:

Skip wrote:
I've never driven in the right center or left center lanes. Is that some parallel universe?
Think of it this way, Skip. If there were three lanes, you could describe them as left, center, and right lanes. If there are four, they would be left, left center, right center, and right. So judging by the story the BMW moved from the right center lane to the left center lane, the driver in the left center was then forced into the left lane, sending the driver in the left lane to the median. The universe is back in order, except for the poor woman who was killed.
LaneChanger

East Longmeadow, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

Oops, my mistake. A "white car" was in the right center and apparently caused the accident, not the innocent BMW driver.
just-plain-nuts

Mystic, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

Just slow down and back off. Save a life!!! My sympathy to Marcy's family and friends.
Mom

Coventry, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

I saw the scene a hour later and her car was flatten and smashed to a heap of metal. Horrific! I bet speed played a part in this.
Dan Pacino

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

Judged:

I drove by the area today and the State Police had their unmarked cars out.
Why is it that the State takes action after the fact.
I spend all day on the highways in CT. and cannot tell you how much speeding, texting and talking on cell phones goes on.
If the police aren't going to enforce the laws, why have them ??????
My sympathy to Marcy's family.
Rich

East Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

Condolences to the Tardif family.
JNR

Manchester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

Judged:

At this point, until we learn more about the facts relative to this tragedy, the comments posted above are speculative. We do not know what caused the chain reaction (yet). While I share the concern regarding the perceived increase in driving distractors (i.e. cell phones, text messaging, etc.) it is unrealistic to think that state (and local) law enforcement will be able to eradicate these issues, particularly in light of the state economy, which threatens to actually reduce the number of police officers across the state. Given the fact that there is an inverse relationship between the economy and crime (which increases as the economy sours), law enforcement agencies across CT will be forced to do more with less...
Rose

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

I also drove by the accident scene yesterday afternoon. I thought that it had just happened. The car was still there and the woman's coat was on the ground next to the car. The passenger side of the car was unidentifiable. When I first heard that she survived I couldn't beleive that someone was so lucky. That poor woman and her family.
JLD

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

Judged:

Skip wrote:
If there's four lanes, you have.
Las Vegas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

I happen to know this young lady and am horrified at what happened. She leaves behind 2 very young children and her mom. My condolences to her family and friends, Marcy was very loved and will be greatly missed.
Saddam Huessein

Glastonbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

Judged:

Dan Pacino wrote:
I drove by the area today and the State Police had their unmarked cars out.
Why is it that the State takes action after the fact.
I spend all day on the highways in CT. and cannot tell you how much speeding, texting and talking on cell phones goes on.
If the police aren't going to enforce the laws, why have them ??????
My sympathy to Marcy's family.
Reacting after the fact is business as usuals for the RellAdministration.

Impeach Rell, Save Lives
Umm

Burlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

Judged:

Mom wrote:
I saw the scene a hour later and her car was flatten and smashed to a heap of metal. Horrific! I bet speed played a part in this.
Probably...It was ON the interstate.
GEO

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

Judged:

Mom wrote:
Im sure, I have been passed by some very fast cars on that stretch.at least 80+ What makes things worse is that people tailgate. You need to have reaction time. People forget that little section in the Drivers manual.
signs of the times

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

well.....as CRAZY as people drive here in ct things like this accident do not strike me as surprising, connecticut is ROAD RAGE HELL ! i am sad this young woman tragiclly lost her life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Hartford Forum right now

Search the Hartford Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min dem 1,033,455
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 16 min JOEL COOL DUDE 64,945
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 47 min its called responsibility 17,697
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Professor Emeritus Fellow 42,921
Yes, White American 'Girls Next Door' Can Be So... 2 hr Lemuria 4
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 14 hr Uzi 67,186
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 16 hr cpeter1313 303,180
•••

Flood Warning for Hartford County was issued at April 16 at 11:38AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Hartford Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••