ENFIELD: Three Arrested On Drug Charges

Three men were arrested after police interrupted an alleged drug deal about 6 p.m. Tuesday on Dartmouth Street. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Green tea

Washington, DC

#1 Mar 11, 2009
Good thing they were not people of color.
Think about it

Windsor Locks, CT

#2 Mar 12, 2009
ohhhh NOOOOO POT!! They should get life! They must be supporting terrorism.
pot was not the issue

Suffield, CT

#3 Mar 12, 2009
Think about it wrote:
ohhhh NOOOOO POT!! They should get life! They must be supporting terrorism.
Say that to the two cops he almost ran over and the fact he not only drove up on people's lawns but he drove right up near people's houses. If your child was playing outside and was hit I bet you would not be so jocular in your idiotic statements.
Think about it

Windsor Locks, CT

#4 Mar 12, 2009
pot was not the issue wrote:
<quoted text>
Say that to the two cops he almost ran over and the fact he not only drove up on people's lawns but he drove right up near people's houses. If your child was playing outside and was hit I bet you would not be so jocular in your idiotic statements.

If those details were all in the story, maybe I would have spoken differently, but they were not. Was it your lawn? So keep your condescending comments to yourself, and go judge someone else. Was your kid hit by someone running from police? I didn't think so. So what if you were profiled by police and arrested by over zealous police officers? What if it was legalized and none of this ever happened. What if. Well no kids were hurt, some scared teenager ran from Enfield police, and NO one was hurt. So get over it, and get off your soap box.
WHAT

Hamden, CT

#5 Mar 13, 2009
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
If those details were all in the story, maybe I would have spoken differently, but they were not. Was it your lawn? So keep your condescending comments to yourself, and go judge someone else. Was your kid hit by someone running from police? I didn't think so. So what if you were profiled by police and arrested by over zealous police officers? What if it was legalized and none of this ever happened. What if. Well no kids were hurt, some scared teenager ran from Enfield police, and NO one was hurt. So get over it, and get off your soap box.
Thats funny, Ian Wrann is a scum bag drug dealer that the officers in this town have been dealing with for awhile now. A scared teenage running from police. Please this kid knows exactly what he was doing. Plain and simple. A 17 year old should know right from wrong and should know that when you are being asked to get out of the car by a cop. YOU GET THE "F" OUT. Moron!!!!!!!
Damned if you do

Lincoln, RI

#6 Mar 14, 2009
This is exactly why no one wants to be a police officer anymore. Damned if you do, and damned if you dont. Whats this world coming too?? SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL POLICE!!!
pot was not the issue

Suffield, CT

#7 Mar 14, 2009
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
If those details were all in the story, maybe I would have spoken differently, but they were not. Was it your lawn? So keep your condescending comments to yourself, and go judge someone else. Was your kid hit by someone running from police? I didn't think so. So what if you were profiled by police and arrested by over zealous police officers? What if it was legalized and none of this ever happened. What if. Well no kids were hurt, some scared teenager ran from Enfield police, and NO one was hurt. So get over it, and get off your soap box.
Did you stop to think that maybe I am a cop and know the true facts and not just what the paper writes?
the real story

Suffield, CT

#8 Mar 14, 2009
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
If those details were all in the story, maybe I would have spoken differently, but they were not. Was it your lawn? So keep your condescending comments to yourself, and go judge someone else. Was your kid hit by someone running from police? I didn't think so. So what if you were profiled by police and arrested by over zealous police officers? What if it was legalized and none of this ever happened. What if. Well no kids were hurt, some scared teenager ran from Enfield police, and NO one was hurt. So get over it, and get off your soap box.
Since you don't "know the facts" and just care about legalizing marijuana I will be nice and give you some facts since you are somewhat ignorant of the situation. The "scared teenager" is one of the biggest dealers in town and threw 4 ounces of "pot" out of the car and the "over zealous" Police Officers were dispatched to the area because the "scared teenager" along with his other fiends were smoking "pot" and doing a drug deal in a neighborhood where little kids were playing when he was approached by the Police and took off and subsequently charged with varios felonies. So although it is not your fault that you don't know all the facts, you should not speak before knowing all the facts just because you want marijauna legalized. Marijuana might be harmless in the privacy of you own home but when you do it in public and put other people's lives in jeapordy than that is another story.
Budd

Monroe, WI

#9 Mar 14, 2009
What a complete waste of resources. Btw "real story" smoking pot doesn't put other peoples lives in danger. The drug war does. No one was in danger until the cops approached.
That's why we point it out every time we see these tales of things that shouldn't even be happening. Why do we continue to keep the system in place that allows this punk to make lots of money selling it illegally? Do you think he would be able to if everyone could just go to a liquor store and prove that they are over 18?

Of course the other kid was also 17, but if you cops weren't so worried about busting EVERYONE then you could concentrate on protecting the kids and catching people who provide to THEM.
Hey Budd Lets Party

Suffield, CT

#10 Mar 15, 2009
Budd wrote:
What a complete waste of resources. Btw "real story" smoking pot doesn't put other peoples lives in danger. The drug war does. No one was in danger until the cops approached.
That's why we point it out every time we see these tales of things that shouldn't even be happening. Why do we continue to keep the system in place that allows this punk to make lots of money selling it illegally? Do you think he would be able to if everyone could just go to a liquor store and prove that they are over 18?
Of course the other kid was also 17, but if you cops weren't so worried about busting EVERYONE then you could concentrate on protecting the kids and catching people who provide to THEM.
No one was in danger until the Police arrived? These kids were smoking weed and driving. Does marijauna affect your ability to drive? All you liberals think everything is great until something bad happens to you but I guess if these kids ran over your child after smoking weed you would sue the cops for arriving on scene and screwing up everyone's "cool buzz".
Budd

Monroe, WI

#11 Mar 15, 2009
Look it up. There have been studies done. People who drive while intoxicated on WEED ALONE are involved in fewer accidents than drunk drivers, cell phone drivers AND sober drivers. Why? Because unlike any of these other drivers Pot smokers feel their impairment and account for it by driving slower.

Notice, however, how you start to throw names around. I'm not a liberal at all. I am a true republican, like Ron Paul. I believe in freedom. Frankly, no one has the right to tell me not to smoke weed, or drink, or sky-dive for that matter. What I do with my own body on my own time and in my own house in nobody's business. You don't have a right to make that choice for me.

So if you want the market to be controlled by criminals who hire teenagers to deal to other teenagers keep it illegal. If you want to take the profits away from the criminals than regulate the market. Weed and its lovers are here to stay.

Oh yea...If the police knew that the area was populated by children then NO they should not have approached a suspect in a car when there was a good chance he would flee. They couldn't follow him quietly until it was safe? They couldn't just get his address and arrest him as soon as he parked his car? They had to jump the gun right away? Maybe the adrenaline was clouding their judgment.
Hey Budd Lets Party

Suffield, CT

#12 Mar 16, 2009
Does anyone tell you how to deliver your papers on your paper route? Then stop trying to question on Police do their jobs. Keeping smoking your weed and blaming everyone else for your life.
Budd

Monroe, WI

#13 Mar 16, 2009
Excuse me? Does the name "public servant" mean anything to you? We citizens are telling you that the war on drugs has failed. We don't want you running around with machine guns and breaking doors in. We don't want you chasing people through the streets at 100mph just to keep someone from smoking a joint. WE THE PUBLIC are telling you, at an increasingly loud volume, that we want drugs to be controlled by the states and not the criminals. We're sick of the way the constitution has been ignored. Why can't you address any of the points I have made? Because you have nothing. You can't win an honest, open debate so you try to turn it into an insult contest. Prove me wrong. I D.A.R.E you.
Budd

Monroe, WI

#14 Mar 16, 2009
Who gave you the right to tell me what to smoke or drink? Can you at least try to come up with an intelligent answer to that? I know I didn't.
concerned citizen

Broad Brook, CT

#15 Mar 16, 2009
In response to this person calling Ian Wrann a scum bag drug dealer, you are obviously an uneducated person who has no clue of what you are talking about or who Ian Wrann even is. Police in this town like to target certain individuals and make examples of them and Ian may happen to be one of them. I can tell by your response that you have absolutely NO CLUE of what actually happened that night so in my opinion you should STFU. This is also for the person who has “the facts” because you “facts” are wrong!
Hey Bud

Lincoln, RI

#16 Mar 16, 2009
Well BUD, its a good thing your opinion doesn't mean anything
FYI

Lincoln, RI

#17 Mar 16, 2009
To all those applying to become police officers, please read these articles and then the comments. This is a thankless job and it is not worth the hassel. Find something better. You will thank me later.
Budd

Monroe, WI

#18 Mar 17, 2009
hey bud wrote "Well BUD, its a good thing your opinion doesn't mean anything "

said the man who can't win an honest debate with a pothead.
Budd

Monroe, WI

#19 Mar 17, 2009
FYI wrote "To all those applying to become police officers, please read these articles and then the comments. This is a thankless job and it is not worth the hassel. Find something better. You will thank me later. "

Get off your soap box. YOU'RE the ones hunting us down and ruining OUR lives. YOU'RE the ones who run around shooting people, including many innocent people. YOU'RE the ones who get a trip talking people out of their constitutional rights.

When you stop being predators and start being PEACEKEEPERS again then people will start thanking you again.
Granny

Newington, CT

#20 Mar 17, 2009
Budd wrote:
Excuse me? Does the name "public servant" mean anything to you? We citizens are telling you that the war on drugs has failed. We don't want you running around with machine guns and breaking doors in. We don't want you chasing people through the streets at 100mph just to keep someone from smoking a joint. WE THE PUBLIC are telling you, at an increasingly loud volume, that we want drugs to be controlled by the states and not the criminals. We're sick of the way the constitution has been ignored. Why can't you address any of the points I have made? Because you have nothing. You can't win an honest, open debate so you try to turn it into an insult contest. Prove me wrong. I D.A.R.E you.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Please read the above post and realize that this is what smoking pot does to your brain. PLEASE, educate your children with the truth about drugs, and don't allow them to listen to the drivel coming from someone with a totally pot-fried brain!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Buroc Millhouse O... 1,173,862
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Earthling-1 50,451
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr ChickBrilliance 308,034
missing my daughters 11 hr paulacasey 1
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) 12 hr paulacasey 45
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 15 hr Uzi 69,017
Connecticut News - State, National and Local Ne... (Mar '07) 17 hr Malishx 33
Hartford Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:58 am PST