Whispers get loud around Michelle Obama

Whispers get loud around Michelle Obama

There are 91112 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jun 12, 2008, titled Whispers get loud around Michelle Obama. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Michelle Obama used to tell voters that America had gotten "downright mean." And that was even before her husband's presidential campaign had to set up a special force to fight criticism, following a barrage ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Ginger

United States

#49896 Dec 11, 2008
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Ginger, I knew you were a real sweetheart.
Some on here I would really like to get to know but impossible on internet but I can still keep in my thoughts.
Ran across Roach a few minutes ago..not to much to say.
Still hoping we hear from New Yawk.
My oldest son and I were discussing the gift giving this year. lol I came up with why don't we all just give each other 100.00. He didn't buy into it. He thought for a minute and said that would be like not giving you anything. lol. I tried.
Thank you, Phyllis.

You ran into Roach? Hard to believe she doesn't have much to say. I miss New Yawk. I hope she checks in on this and gives us a "shout out". Gunner posts on the Barack Obama, Our Next President (eek) thread....he's so cute. He has a charismatic way of aggravating the "libs". Check back!
concerned for you

Sainte Genevieve, MO

#49897 Dec 11, 2008
I just about fell off my chair when i found this:
I will post just for middleclass on other form
since he likes robots.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#49898 Dec 11, 2008
concerned for you wrote:
Hi gals and guy,
I am really having a struggle. I have made the statement when (if) he becomes president, I would support my president..(because that is how it should be)
In my heart I can't support lies, deceit, anti-american, no family value system, what he has voted for and all the corruption..
He really creeps me out.
This is a tough one.
I really hoped it wouldn't be like this.
help
Like you, I struggled with my inability to accept the fact that Obama is going to be the President of the United States. I have felt guilty -- as if it was somehow un-American not to support him.

However, I have come to realize that Obama is a figurehead - nothing more. We don't have to like him anymore than a boss or local mayor. Liking or disliking him has nothing to do with allegiance to the United States. Or, maybe it does.

People who are questioning Obama are doing so out of love for this country. All we can do is stay politically active and do our best to guide our legislatures in the right direction - Obama will have no choice but to follow.

I do not hate Obama. I do not know him. For the good of our country, I hope he is able to turn our economy around and payoff the National Debt.

In the meantime, Obama is the one who has to earn our trust. We are not obligated to follow him blindly. Remember, he did not support "Resident Bush/Shrub" and he did not come to our country's defense when Rev. Wright said "God damn America" - we owe him nothing.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#49899 Dec 11, 2008
Ginger wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi USA,
I always look for your blogs. They are always so well said. I like this thread the best so far, but, like you, was spending too much time here. But I miss it and check in from time to time.
The slowdown in the economy is very noticeable here. So many of the stores in the mall are closed and more will be closing after the holidays. It's nowhere near the usual holiday hustle and bustle. I'm worried about this auto bailout.....I can't see how it will help the industry long term. It may help short term, but everything will hit the fan when the Union's start negotiating a new contract. I hope I'm wrong. Have a good day!
Thanks Giner. I enjoy seeing your post on other threads as well.

I'm not so much against the auto loan as long as we are assured of getting our money back like we did with the previous loan to Chrysler.

However my big concern is that GM will invest the money in their foreign operations - not America. They just opened a new factory in Russia and their second one in India. What is going to make them invest in the U.S.? I don't see how it could possibly be monitored.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#49900 Dec 11, 2008
Oops...Thanks Ginger...:-)
Ginger

United States

#49901 Dec 11, 2008
USAsince1680 wrote:
Oops...Thanks Ginger...:-)
LOL!!
I just heard about their new plants in Russia and India. I think that is of great concern.
usasince1680

Bakersfield, CA

#49902 Dec 11, 2008
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Ginger, I knew you were a real sweetheart.
Some on here I would really like to get to know but impossible on internet but I can still keep in my thoughts.
Ran across Roach a few minutes ago..not to much to say.
Still hoping we hear from New Yawk.
My oldest son and I were discussing the gift giving this year. lol I came up with why don't we all just give each other 100.00. He didn't buy into it. He thought for a minute and said that would be like not giving you anything. lol. I tried.
I ran into Robin the First today. Interesting how they both showed up on the same day.
just saying

United States

#49903 Dec 12, 2008
usasince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I ran into Robin the First today. Interesting how they both showed up on the same day.
I was wondering what happened to them.
I have seen your posts here and there. Excellent.
Good to keep us informed.
Have a blessed day.
Ginger

United States

#49904 Dec 12, 2008
usasince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
USA, maybe are doing damage control because of the Illinois scandal. Just a thought.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#49905 Dec 12, 2008
Just heard this morning that GMAC has given its bondholders until today to swap their debt "in an effort to reduce its debt load and raise the capital it needs to qualify as a bank" therefore making them eligible for a piece of the $700 billion.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/28165200/site/14081545...
just saying

Sainte Genevieve, MO

#49906 Dec 12, 2008
Could the BC be kept up in the air as a diversion?
WE have a right to know if he is Arab, AA/white or what.
He was adopted Barry Soe. and uses Bar Hus Ob why?
but:
Alice Palmer, mentor and supported Obama in the Illinois Senate seat. She is a know Communist.
She, obama and ayers had meetings.
(might add she wanted the senate seat back and they had fight and obama made a big investigation on voter fraud)
I want to know who helped him into the Ill. Senator seat.
Former Democrat

Courtland, CA

#49908 Dec 12, 2008
Ginger wrote:
<quoted text>
USA, maybe are doing damage control because of the Illinois scandal. Just a thought.
My first thoughts, too. Interesting.
Former Democrat

Courtland, CA

#49909 Dec 12, 2008
just saying wrote:
Could the BC be kept up in the air as a diversion?
WE have a right to know if he is Arab, AA/white or what.
He was adopted Barry Soe. and uses Bar Hus Ob why?
but:
Alice Palmer, mentor and supported Obama in the Illinois Senate seat. She is a know Communist.
She, obama and ayers had meetings.
(might add she wanted the senate seat back and they had fight and obama made a big investigation on voter fraud)
I want to know who helped him into the Ill. Senator seat.
Emil Jones. Google him.

Obama enters into a scene much like a dog in heat...then chooses the ones who take him the farthest. Right now, it is Emanuel and Axelrod.

Look who is about to be thrown under the bus with Blogavej. Interesting.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#49910 Dec 12, 2008
Former Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Emil Jones. Google him.
Obama enters into a scene much like a dog in heat...then chooses the ones who take him the farthest. Right now, it is Emanuel and Axelrod.
The wheels on the bus go round and round.....

Remember Obama's close call with the Federal Elections Commission and his involvement with Jesse Jackson, Jr. and Giannoulias?

FEC: "In MUR 5718, the Commission found no reason to believe that Citizens for Giannoulias violated the Act by financing electioneering communications with non-federal funds or that Barack Obama received in-kind contributions in the form of coordinated expenditures. The complaint alleged that a radio advertisement in which Senator Obama and Congressman Jesse Jackson, Jr., endorsed Mr. Giannoulias, and a billboard advertisement in which Congressman Jackson endorsed Mr. Giannoulias, constituted electioneering communications and coordinated communications that were financed with non-Federal funds. The Commission concluded that the radio advertisement did not qualify as an electioneering communication and was not a coordinated communication with respect to Senator Obama. The Commission exercised its prosecutorial discretion and dismissed the coordination allegation against Congressman Jackson on the grounds that a regulation enacted four months after the airing of the radio advertisement exempts the complained-of activity from the coordination regulations."

"Alexi Giannoulias—a "man who has long been dogged by charges that the bank his family owns helped finance a Chicago crime figure" and "who became Illinois state treasurer" in 2006 after Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) "vouched for him"—"pledged to raise $100,000 for the senator's Oval Office bid," Charles Hurt reported September 5, 2007, in the New York Post."'

Gee,$100,000 donation to Obama's campaign and Alexi became the first Democratic Illinois State Treasurer in 12 years. Sound familiar?

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...
just saying

United States

#49911 Dec 12, 2008
Former Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Emil Jones. Google him.
Is there anyone in obamas life that is not crooked. My God there has to be someone.
concerned for you

United States

#49912 Dec 12, 2008
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The wheels on the bus go round and round.....
Remember Obama's close call with the Federal Elections Commission and his involvement with Jesse Jackson, Jr. and Giannoulias?
FEC: "In MUR 5718, the Commission found no reason to believe that Citizens for Giannoulias violated the Act by financing electioneering communications with non-federal funds or that Barack Obama received in-kind contributions in the form of coordinated expenditures. The complaint alleged that a radio advertisement in which Senator Obama and Congressman Jesse Jackson, Jr., endorsed Mr. Giannoulias, and a billboard advertisement in which Congressman Jackson endorsed Mr. Giannoulias, constituted electioneering communications and coordinated communications that were financed with non-Federal funds. The Commission concluded that the radio advertisement did not qualify as an electioneering communication and was not a coordinated communication with respect to Senator Obama. The Commission exercised its prosecutorial discretion and dismissed the coordination allegation against Congressman Jackson on the grounds that a regulation enacted four months after the airing of the radio advertisement exempts the complained-of activity from the coordination regulations."
"Alexi Giannoulias—a "man who has long been dogged by charges that the bank his family owns helped finance a Chicago crime figure" and "who became Illinois state treasurer" in 2006 after Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) "vouched for him"—"pledged to raise $100,000 for the senator's Oval Office bid," Charles Hurt reported September 5, 2007, in the New York Post."'
Gee,$100,000 donation to Obama's campaign and Alexi became the first Democratic Illinois State Treasurer in 12 years. Sound familiar?
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...
A thought: like a family tree.
Do a tree on all the associates and ties on the life of bo on what we know then keep filling in the empty spaces and what to you get???
I am getting tired so I hope this makes sense.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#49913 Dec 13, 2008
This is from a new Topix. The Fed Reserve is refusing to disclose Trillions of dollars in loans made since September.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news...
Former Democrat

Courtland, CA

#49914 Dec 13, 2008
concerned for you wrote:
<quoted text>
Do a tree on all the associates and ties on the life of bo on what we know then keep filling in the empty spaces and what to you get???
Makes total sense! It has been referred to as "pulling strings"....as in a spider web...pull one and see what falls...then pull another, until...plop!

I saw an interview with Leslie Stahl and the number one guy in Saudi Arabia oil a couple of days ago. It caught my attention that much was emphasized on the newest technologies to extract oil...it was conducted like an educational program to convince Americans that "peek oil" has not occureed...meanning that the new tech invalidates the concept that it costs more to extract oil than it is worth. Interesting.

There was another special several months ago where that Saudi Prince who created an entire city (by building up the land taken from the sea) was being interviewed...wherein the huge skyscrapers, etc. were emphasised and commented on as having the potential to become the new "World Trade" Center. Interesting.

Former Democrat

Courtland, CA

#49915 Dec 13, 2008
USAsince1680 wrote:
This is from a new Topix. The Fed Reserve is refusing to disclose Trillions of dollars in loans made since September.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news...
Paulson is grabbing some "beholding ammo" for Republicans...and Pelosi is grabbing some "beholding ammo" for Democrats.

The game is on.
Former Democrat

Courtland, CA

#49917 Dec 13, 2008
concerned for you wrote:
<quoted text>
When the correct string is pulled...the person who bought The United States Presidency will plop down.

Selling a Senate seat is small potatoes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min VetnorsGate 1,640,701
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 36 min June VanDerMark 319,856
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 21 hr Boo 21,334
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 64,108
News SOUTHINGTON: Teens Face Charges In Arson Fires,... (Mar '09) Thu You All Stink 144
News Gibbs College campus will be shut down (Feb '08) Nov 14 Ree 113
Morse School of Business, Where are they now? (Dec '06) Nov 12 True 23

Hartford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hartford Mortgages