Thousands of Californians are moving out amid a sour economy an...

Mike Reilly spent his lifetime chasing the California dream. This year he's going to look for it in Colorado . Full Story
First Prev
of 99
Next Last

“Full service, discount broker”

Since: Apr 08

Chicago, IL

#1 Jan 13, 2009
I've been wondering why people stay in high cost of living areas. It's only logical that they move to lower cost of living areas. Guess where it will happen next?
funny

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Jan 13, 2009
Lucid Realty wrote:
I've been wondering why people stay in high cost of living areas. It's only logical that they move to lower cost of living areas. Guess where it will happen next?
Where?

“Full service, discount broker”

Since: Apr 08

Chicago, IL

#3 Jan 14, 2009
funny wrote:
<quoted text>
Where?
Chicago
Thank You

West Covina, CA

#4 Jan 14, 2009
The more people that leave the better it is for those of us who stay...Adios...
donkeyman

Yuma, AZ

#5 Jan 14, 2009
Thank You wrote:
i left in 1975 and would never move back. i was born and raised in ca. and loved the state the way it use to be. however, the way it is now you can have my part of it.

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

#6 Jan 14, 2009
Thank You wrote:
The state can't pay it's bills. I suppose that is "better".
Looks To Me

Littleton, CO

#7 May 19, 2009
From the current financial situation
in California the people who moved
are probably much happier elsewhere!
Tertle

Matteson, IL

#8 May 20, 2009
When you enlightened, superior Californians get where you're going, please for the love of Gaia, or whomever you godless libs worship, do not vote. Ever. Keep the red states red, and solvent, and English speaking.
Chinafornia

Duarte, CA

#9 May 20, 2009
So leave, noooone will miss you. Only the strong survive here.

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#10 May 20, 2009
Thank You wrote:
No, actually, it's not, because the people who are left will be the same ones who fled their own countries due to what they perceived as bad conditions that they were not willing to work hard to change. So all that will be left will be people who have no clue what to do with a country or how to make it better or even keep it at its current level. Thus, it will turn into a situation just like the countries those people have left. Doesn't sound like anything good to me!
Stay home

Parowan, UT

#12 May 20, 2009
Thank You wrote:
It always amazes me how Californians think they superior brain wise then the rest of the USA.

The people that are leaving Cal are mainly the middle class.

These are the productive , tax paying ,law abiding citizens.

For every 2 persons that leave, 10 more enter your state, mainly illegals.

The criminals who steal and rip off the social programs, the ones who are causing the state to bankrupt.

They dont' leave unless they are forced.

So in your great California mind, Adios to all the tax payers and productive people.

That makes sense.

Yes, you Californians have superior and progressive minds.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Stay home

Parowan, UT

#13 May 20, 2009
Chinafornia wrote:
So leave, noooone will miss you. Only the strong survive here.
Only the dumb and moronic stay.
KAG

Bensenville, IL

#14 May 20, 2009
Remember the saying: Don't CALIFORNICATE our state!

In the early 1990's many homeowners sold out and left California, moving to Seattle, Portland, and Pheonix. Given the high real estate prices of California, these migrants pushed up housing costs in their new communities and really CALIFORNICATED things for their new communities. But, it's a free country and I guess you can't entirely blame them...

“The true Californian!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#15 May 20, 2009
Stay home wrote:
<quoted text>
It always amazes me how Californians think they superior brain wise then the rest of the USA.
The people that are leaving Cal are mainly the middle class.
These are the productive , tax paying ,law abiding citizens.
For every 2 persons that leave, 10 more enter your state, mainly illegals.
The criminals who steal and rip off the social programs, the ones who are causing the state to bankrupt.
They dont' leave unless they are forced.
So in your great California mind, Adios to all the tax payers and productive people.
That makes sense.
Yes, you Californians have superior and progressive minds.
I work at a welfare office in California. What amazes me is we have people who pack their children into a Greyhound Bus and come out here, where they have no family, no friends, and there are no jobs. They know the economic situation before coming here, and they do it anyway. Then they come in needing welfare because they have no way to support themselves or their family.

So don't complain about Californians moving to other states, at least they can support themselves.

“The true Californian!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#16 May 20, 2009
KAG wrote:
Remember the saying: Don't CALIFORNICATE our state!
In the early 1990's many homeowners sold out and left California, moving to Seattle, Portland, and Pheonix. Given the high real estate prices of California, these migrants pushed up housing costs in their new communities and really CALIFORNICATED things for their new communities. But, it's a free country and I guess you can't entirely blame them...
If the Federal Government would have enforced our borders, Claifornia would not be on the verge of bankruptcy. So I guess we can point the finger of blame in quite a few directions.
Bill Smith

United States

#17 May 20, 2009
As always, the people who move out of Kalifornia bring their fascism with them and then they try to force fascist policies on their new hosts, just like a cancer.
Glowster

Bonfield, IL

#18 May 20, 2009
Lucid Realty wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicago
You got that right !
Oh boy

New York, NY

#19 May 20, 2009
wow... didn't california was doing that bad financially. I guess I'm not going to move california but I'm stll gonna visit L.A county this summer, I wonder how different it is compared to where I live.
donkeyman

Midland, OR

#20 May 20, 2009
i mourn paradise lost.if only the pioneers new what california would become, they would have turned their wagons around and headed back home.
Your Welcome

United States

#21 May 20, 2009
Thank You wrote:
It reminds me of my first day working at Pacific High School in San Bernardino. The long time secretary and California native said: "Welcome to California; now LEAVE!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 99
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Nostrilis Waxmoron 1,155,888
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Phil Donahue 307,086
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr litesong 49,321
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 hr J RULES 71,255
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 19 hr TRD 68,910
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Thu Bently 19,568
Praying That Perez Vigil Was A Bad Dream (Mar '09) Dec 22 John J Thomas 48
Hartford Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hartford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hartford

Personal Finance