Fatal Crash in Vernon

Fatal Crash in Vernon

There are 5 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Dec 4, 2008, titled Fatal Crash in Vernon. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

At least one person is dead after a vehicle crash at 222 Center Road, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

A neighbor

Bolton, CT

#1 Dec 4, 2008
Any other info? I saw the truck. It looked like somebody was pinned underneath it? But it was in the driveway.....
EHS Alum

South Windsor, CT

#3 Dec 4, 2008
Oh my God...to RobynApril's husband and family, I was brought to tears when I heard this on the news tonight and confirmed it with this brief article. I pray for you and for Robyn. She had a beautiful soul and Heaven is a better place tonight. Rest in Peace, sweet girl.
Marilyn Jusino

United States

#4 Dec 5, 2008
It was a pleasure working with Robyn at Sermatech, she was truly a wonderful person, her presence and beautiful smile would always brighten up the room. I can only imagine what the family is going through in this time of grieving. I extend my deepest condolences to the Maguire Family. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Jessica Bigelow Leary

South Hadley, MA

#5 Dec 23, 2008
Robyn touched everyone's heart and will always be remembered. RIP I love you robyn and will never forget you.
Bettie Rivard-Darby

Vernon Rockville, CT

#6 Dec 27, 2008
Thank you for the kind comments which have been expressed.
I am Robbie's mom.
None of us will ever know or understand what happened that evening.
but everyone should take from this insane accident to shut your vehicle off when attempting to exit it; or at least have the emergency brake set.
Near as we can discern, Robbie was doing a K Turn in the driveway, close to the garage in order to avoid backing down the driveway in the dark, rainy evening.
It appears that she bumped a tree, breaking the taillight. Apparently, she was getting out of her Explore to check the damage. She either didn't put the car into gear / and/ or slipped her food from the brake to the gas, after she had opened the door and was exiting.
The car's open door crushed her between it and the tree. Her death was instantaneous.
Robbie is a amazing, bright energy.
My life and the lives her dad, brother, husband and friends will be dimmed without her daily light. Robbie has touched so many and made an impact on the lives of nearly all who know her.
There were close to 700 people who attended the celebration of her life on December 13, 2008
There is a Facebook group in her honor:
People Who Love RobynApril Rivard-Darby Maguire
Her family invites those who wish to honor her to light candles in her memory and to make donations to causes that were so dear to Robyn, particularly Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, a walk that she did each year with her mom, and also The American Diabetes Association and The Alzheimerís Foundation. The family would like to ask all those who knew her, were students of hers, danced with her or were just inspired and touched by Robbie to take a moment to tell a loved one, each day, what their presence means in your life.
In Robynís memory, please reach out to someone today and share a random act of kindness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min VetnorsGate 1,619,418
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 min Freedomofexpression 318,313
Big whole house tag sale Wethersfield 10/28 7 hr Andrew1984 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 hr Raydot 21,288
News Arizona sex offender convicted in child ruse ca... (Apr '09) Wed Desert Toad 4
News Nesconset dad writes to give his injured teen a... (Dec '08) Oct 17 Thomas Archer 9
"OX" cover band from the 70s. (Oct '10) Oct 16 kdkapitt 21

Hartford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hartford Mortgages