Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1071031 Jan 29, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I used an email address that is no longer available to me.
Did you ever think of that, genius?
??????????

wow.....
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1071032 Jan 29, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
If Bush is to blame...
How did the gubbyminT get into the business of handing out loans in the first place?
Why?
Not handing out dumbfk__guaranteeing portions of. Get your Okie self informed!
ptbw forever

Louisville, KY

#1071033 Jan 29, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. King Shultz: How do you like the bounty hunting business?
Django: Kill white people and get paid for it? What's not to like?
You have got to be a right wing troll posing as one of the dumbest Democrats to ever live.

Every single idiotic post you make plays right into my hands.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1071034 Jan 29, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
If Bush is to blame...
How did the gubbyminT get into the business of handing out loans in the first place?
Why?
Fannie Mae was created in 1938 as part of Franklin Delano Roosevelt's New Deal. The collapse of the national housing market in the wake of the Great Depression discouraged private lenders from investing in home loans. Fannie Mae was established in order to provide local banks with federal money to finance home mortgages in an attempt to raise levels of home ownership and the availability of affordable housing.

See more at: http://hnn.us/article/1849#sthash.fAjIg8YC.dp...

did i say Bush was totally to blame? he was just part of it. but to ignore his part and blame anyone but Bush is disingenuous. it's all public record so anyone who denies it is doing it purely for political reasons.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1071035 Jan 29, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn...you're nothing but another Obama apologist who would jump off the Golden Gate bridge before admitting this failure of a POTUS is responsible for anything negative.
So you should start singing the praises of your bushie boy and the good ol' days son.

C'mon, show us your love for the guy and all the good he did for America!!!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1071036 Jan 29, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslim terrorists would love to "pay me a visit".
Don't worry, though. They have to start their sweeps before the election in 2016. I'll be seeing them then, along with a whole lot of other Americans.
I'm sure they have son...

... and I'm sure you also reciprocated....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1071037 Jan 29, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
"3) Having a ranking system whereby you have different words for prejudice against different groups which have different levels of seriousness, with racism against X having a less-damning word and racism against Y having a more-damning word, is itself racist, because you’re saying that some groups are more important and deserve more protection than others. It’s attaching a different value judgement to different races, as if non-whites are “worth more” and whites are just cannon fodder for equality. If racism is bad, then it’s bad for all races. White people have feelings too. Whether we’re a minority, a majority, powerful or powerless, we still exist and still have the right to exist as a people. We still have a culture and a heritage and an identity that we have the right to protect and assert in our own countries, and the right to be free from all forms of racism, institutional or otherwise.
4) White people only have power in some parts of the world, namely Europe, North America and Australasia. Other races have power in other parts of the world, namely Africa, Central and South America, Polynesia, the Caribbean, the Middle East and East Asia. So if I accept that there can’t be racism against the dominant group, and the dominant group in Europe, North America and Australasia happens to be white, then presumably the argument is “you can’t be racist against white people in Europe, North America and Australasia”. By this argument, there can be racism against white people in Africa, Central and South America, Polynesia, the Caribbean, the Middle East and East Asia (ie most of the world), since whites are not the dominant group there. The International watchdog Genocide Watch has been warning the whites in South Africa are facing genocide for a number of years. Whites do not have power in South Africa, and elected black politicians routinely sing the genocidal song “Kill the Boer” which incites blacks to kill whites. Presumably you can be racist against whites in South Africa, since whites are a minority there. They never clarify this, which makes their conception misleading. Because they only ever care about “racism” in white countries. They only ever want to undermine ethnic power-structures that benefit white people. They don’t criticise Arabs for having too much power in majority-Arab countries. They don’t criticise blacks for having too much power in majority-black countries. They don’t criticise Indians for having too much power in India."
lol! I think Galt loves you, man!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1071038 Jan 29, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
"You can’t have your cake and eat it too.
Racism is prejudice + power, aka “minorities can’t be racist against majorities because I’ve made up my own definition of racism”
White people are a minority in the world, we are only about 7-8% of people. Whites are only the majority in some parts of the world; North America, Europe and Australasia. So if minorities can’t be racist against majorities, what was all that fuss in South Africa about? Simply move the debate to Africa and the Caribbean, where blacks are the majority. Blacks in Africa and the Caribbean have prejudice, and they have power. Watch how the Liberal will suddenly try to change the rules. We whites are a minority in the world, which is why we need our own little parts of the world where we’re the majority. Koreans are a minority in the world, but they have Korea which is theirs. If the Koreans are allowed Korea, why aren’t the Danes allowed Denmark?"
http://someofmybestfriendsarewhite.tumblr.com...
This tumblr page has more well thought content than all the garbage sonic has ever posted from theamericanconservative and talkingpointsmemo.
Don't you have any other neo nazi sites you can quote from son?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1071039 Jan 29, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Science...on the National Institute of Health...
and...
What is in the abortion clinic's bell jar?
"The human embryo is the same individual as the human organism at subsequent stages of development."
"...there is only a difference in degree of maturation, not in kind, between any of the stages from embryo, to fetus, infant and so on..."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2...
then you should be working on the known programs we have to reduce and even eliminate the need for abortions...

sadly, it is the far right evangelicals who claim to be against abortions that oppose these programs....

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1071040 Jan 29, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
An example of "extraordinary Americans" and "remarkable individuals" who were calculatingly chosen to sit with Michelle Obama during the SOTU...
A year and a half ago, Nick Chute started working at Punch Pizza as a cashier to help pay for school and rent. In December, Nick graduated from the University of Minnesota with a degree in philosophy. He is still with Punch Pizza, currently working as a "pizzaioli in training," learning to cook pizzas in the traditional Neapolitan style -- in an 800 degree wood-fired oven in under 90 seconds. Punch Pizza's decision to raise their company-wide minimum wage benefitted Nick, who said "I appreciate it, and it makes me feel like a bigger part of the company." After becoming a certified pizzaioli, Nick hopes to move into a management position at Punch Pizza.
Wow...philosopher to pizzaioli in training.
And the minimum wage increase has made him feel "like a bigger part of the company!" Remarkable! Extraordinary!
I wouldn't expect a right whiner to understad the principle that if you pay your employees well & treat them with respect that you get more production with less supervision & less turnover.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1071041 Jan 29, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
But it's not negative. Not to them. Nothing he does is even questionable. What they can't understand is why everyone else isn't wetting themselves with devoted adoration.
I hope none of them abandons ship. Know what I mean?
Well let's see... he caved to reich wingers in sequestration and reich wingers claimed victory.

I wonder why those reich wingers aren't cheering now?
NuculurNUToption

Palm Coast, FL

#1071042 Jan 29, 2014
NuculurVodkaOption wrote:
<quoted text> "Paybacks a bytch" like Lily... a racist, drunken one.
True.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1071043 Jan 29, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
But it's not negative. Not to them. Nothing he does is even questionable. What they can't understand is why everyone else isn't wetting themselves with devoted adoration.
I hope none of them abandons ship. Know what I mean?
You're a birther__birthers are batsht crazy scumbags who invested five years of their lives in following an ugly Russian dentist as though she were some goddess.

Were you also a Moonie? A Bircher?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1071045 Jan 29, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you mean when you lie about that?
it is funny that you think you can actually talk about these issues intelligently...normal people laugh at your ignorance.
It seems like lying offends you.

Did Obama lie when he said he was born in Kenya? Or, did Obama lie when he said he was born in Hawaii?

Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?

Why isn't Hillary Clinton in prison for lying to Congress?

Why isn't Eric Holder in prison for lying to Congress?

Why do you regurgitate every lie the Democrats indoctrinate you with?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1071046 Jan 29, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently didn't read my source or yours.
"In my case, after being returned to my mother from foster care when the State removed us for not having sufficient food or heat in the house, our family moved to a community where we were one of only a handful of white families. As the minority in our neighborhood, I was both befriended and picked on. I made plenty of friends, and the more time I spent with them, the more racism I watched them face. When we went to the public library, at one time or another, I saw a friend accused of stealing a video or book when they had not. When we went to the McDonalds on the “other side of town,” I was stunned to be harassed by a hostile group of white men who told us to get back to our side of town or else. When my boyfriend, who was black, and I were driving on the “other side of town,” we were pulled over for no reason by the police and harassed, searched, and intimidated for over an hour."
Sounds like "racism" is so terribly hampering and totally not circumstantial...
"On the other hand, I experienced prejudice. My best friend’s mother hated white people, and she did not bother to hide that when I came over. I was suspended for fighting three times by the tenth grade, and I started exactly zero of the fights. Each of the fights had racial overtones with the perpetrator seemingly starting the conflict because I was white. We had had no prior quarrel. However, I say I experienced prejudice rather than racism, because I firmly believe that racism must be bigotry combined with institutional power. Only white people have institutional power and maintain the capacity to exercise oppression. People of other races can mistreat white people, but they don’t have the power to practice racism."
The "prejudice" she experiences is much worse than the "racism" her boyfriend experienced, and it is actually getting worse for white people currently in her situation because of idiots like Lily and the power blacks actually have to control racial justice, but Deborah's stockholm syndrome keeps her from admitting the obvious.
She is so stupid that she proved my post from a white nationalist tumblr page was right while trying to do the exact opposite.
"the power blacks actually have to control racial justice"

tells me all i need to know about you. you're just pissed that you can't say the 'n' word.

and tell me, do you know what CRT is?

do you know who Tim Wise is?

i can drag the both of them out if you want. that should really get you going, eh?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1071047 Jan 29, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no just the facts they themselves provided..
when what you wish were true and the real world facts conflict, which is it you think should change?
I wish we didn't have Marxist communists running the government.
I wish we didn't have Islamist terrorists making policy in the White House.
I wish the president wasn't a pathological liar.
I wish Vallerie Jarrett didn't have the authority and power of the presidency.
I wish we had a US citizen for a president.
I wish the Democrats didn't join every enemy the United States ever had since the Cold War began.
I wish Obama had actually done what his resume says he did.
I wish Obama had read the Constitution at least once in his life.

I wish the United States had the respect from the world it had before Obama was named president.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1071048 Jan 29, 2014
No, I Haven’t “Changed My Mind” About Whiteness and Racism: Responding to Nazi Web Trolls

First, they tried e-mail threats. When that didn’t work, one of their number called me at home. Still no luck, and so a few years later they decided to visit the neighborhood where my family and I lived and pass out thinly veiled death threats and fliers. When that too failed to put a dent in my writing, speaking, and educational work, they organized protests at two of my speeches this fall.

Time after time, attempts to intimidate me have failed miserably, and so now, the white nationalists and supremacists who see it as their job to attack any of us who combat their ignorance and hatred, have switched gears. Now, they have decided to switch to disinformation tactics, intended to discredit antiracists in the eyes of a public they hope will be gullible enough to believe whatever it is they say about us.

To wit, today, a website operated by white nationalists (but which fronts as a site focused on Diversity, and which gives no clear indication of its political slant on the homepage), published an article claiming that I had announced that I had “changed my mind” about racism, and was now embracing their white supremacist worldview, anti-immigrant nativism, and other aspects of their toxic and bigoted agenda. Written up as a news story, the blog post said I had made this announcement at a speech, in which my newfound embrace of white racism was met with the “hisses and boos” of my “former supporters,” and that police were needed to protect me from the mob afterward. Though a nice job of creative writing, and although it would have even been amusing had it been labeled as parody, the fact is, the neo-Nazis in question were seeking to pass it off as entirely real.

Two points here:

1) It is bogus. I have not changed my mind on matters of race, nor will I. I reject white nationalism, white supremacy, and indeed, the very concept of “the white race,” which I see as a scientific and cultural fiction, created by people of various European descents, so as to subjugate non-European/non-white peoples. The very concept deserves eradication. Note, I said the concept of whiteness deserves eradication, not the people currently called white. And;

2) Because this piece was not labeled as a parody, and because its author’s intent was obviously to discredit me professionally by making people think this “change of heart” was real — and that I was now endorsing white supremacy — it is legally actionable as libel. Libel laws allow a lot of leeway for skewering public figures, but not when fake words are put in their mouths, and suggested as being real. Had it been labeled parody or snark, they could pretty much say whatever they wanted, within reason, and not violate libel laws. But they did not do this. As such, I will begin legal proceedings against them, in the aftermath of the holidays.

I will not link to the piece here, nor mention the site’s name. They want me to do that so as to boost their pathetic traffic, I’m sure, but it isn’t going to happen. Just make note that if you hear something about me now rejecting my lifelong antiracism in favor of some retrograde white racist bullshit, it is indeed bullshit. And soon, it will be bullshit that costs its authors whatever pathetic financial resources they have managed to muster up…

http://www.timwise.org/2013/12/no-i-havent-ch...

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#1071049 Jan 29, 2014
Arte Z wrote:
<quoted text>It's great that HE knows who is daddy is.
Wow, Arte Z (sometimes just plain Jane) but didn't you forget a "h" or something? I can see the need to be someone new.
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Palm Coast, FL

#1071050 Jan 29, 2014
[QUOTE who="waxywaxturd" aka Not Surprized -]ATTENTION ALL POSTERS!!!!
I have been posting most of today with one of my favorite sockpuppet creations from that bottomless pit of my sockpuppet closet, "Not Surprized"!!!
Waxywaxturd and I will be acting as a tag team tonight for your entertainment!! And as not to disappoint all my fans, I will also be using many, many other sock persona's this evening as well. Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!
Warm hugs,''Waxywaxturd''(Not Surprized),,,( the VERY, VERY chubby, chubby-chasing Obamabot from a location too embarrassing to post here.)[/QUOTE] Not Surprized! LOL

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1071051 Jan 29, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't expect a right whiner to understad the principle that if you pay your employees well & treat them with respect that you get more production with less supervision & less turnover.
Ray doesn't seem to know that successful places like Punch... pretty good pizza, not the best, by far, in our TC area...) do not pay minimum wage to the pizza makers...

it is funny when people talk about things they clearly do not understand...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min Agents of Corruption 52,859
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 49 min cpeter1313 309,684
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr TN Voter 19,848
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr TRD 69,700
News Bradley International Airport seen as possible ... Fri Larry 1
News Memorable Nights At The Shaboo -- Courant.com (Aug '07) Apr 22 KM Philcox 148
News The 10 commandments of cancer prevention (May '09) Apr 21 Schmones 17
More from around the web

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]