Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1458649 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

tell_it_like_it_ IS

United States

#959756 Aug 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Iran's economy is a mess. Iran's new leader said the solution is talking to the West about these sanctions.
iran evolves like democrats?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#959757 Aug 5, 2013
Q: Where does it end?

More Surveillance Abuse Exposed! Special DEA Unit Is Spying On Americans And Covering It Up
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2013/08...

A: It doesn't because while elected officials might fear the electorate, the bureaucracies they construct do not.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#959758 Aug 5, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! So now you idiots want Obama to inject US influence all over the world?!?!?!?!
You idiots keep changing your minds so often, it's a wonder the doctor ever has a chance to screw the new one in!
O'bama killed Osama bin Laden. The United States is on the run. Skeered to death, O'bama, running to the golf course.
Anthony W

New York, NY

#959759 Aug 5, 2013
If Obama had a son, he'd look just like 14 year old Shaaliver Douse.

A rookie cop shot and killed a 14-year-old gunslinger on a Bronx street early Sunday — just days after Mayor Bloomberg railed against a flood of firearms falling into the wrong hands.
Shaaliver Douse was shot to death just after 3 a.m. in Melrose when he kept firing a black Astra 9-mm. pistol after two uniformed police officers yelled at him to drop the gun, said NYPD Commissioner Raymond Kelly.

Kelly said the teen — who was due in court on a gun-possession rap and had been arrested in May on an attempted murder charge — is the youngest person to die in a police-involved shooting that he can recall.

Douse was chasing an unknown man down E. 151st St. when the officers intervened.

“It is undetermined at this time whether he fired at the officer or the unknown male,” Kelly said at a Sunday evening press conference.

The deadly encounter Sunday unfolded after 2 rookie cops — a 26-year-old white officer and his black 27-year-old partner — heard gunfire while on patrol on E. 151st St. near Courtlandt Ave.
The officers encountered a terrified man running for his life in the middle of the street with Douse in pursuit, firing wildly at his foe, Kelly said.

He said Douse would have killed the man if the officers hadn’t been there to stop him.

“These officers stopped that from happening,” said Kelly.“I don’t see what the officers could have done any differently.”

He said that while the shooting appeared justified, a full investigation was under way.

But Douse’s distraught aunt, Quwana Barcene, 35, said cops didn’t have to kill her nephew — who she said was a sophomore at the Alfred E. Smith Career and Technical Education High School in the Bronx.

“That’s was my sister’s only baby,” Barcene said.“I’m tired of the police getting away with murder.

“Trayvon Martin is never going to end. Sean Bell happened to my nephew,” she said.“This rookie cop — please bring him up on charges as a murderer.”

The names of the cops, who both joined the NYPD in January, were not immediately released. They were part of an Operation Impact patrol assigned to the high-crime area.

Police were still searching for the unidentified man whom Douse appeared to be intent on killing.

The incident started in front of the Hizam Family Deli on Courtlandt Ave. at E. 151st St., where a security camera captured Douse firing at least three shots at his target from 40 feet away, Kelly said.

Another security camera film showed Douse, wearing a white T-shirt and jeans, chasing the man, dressed in a black T-shirt and black shorts, up E. 151st St.

When the teen fired a 4th shot after the officers told him to drop the gun and freeze, the 26-year-old white officer fired a single fatal shot, police said. The suspect was hit in the lower jaw and died at the scene.

One 9-mm. shell casing was found near his body, matching the other three collected in front of the deli.

“We don’t know why he was shooting,” said Kelly, who expressed condolences to Douse’s mother, Shanise Farrar. Douse lived with her in the Morris II Houses on E. 170th St.

Asked if he planned to reach out directly to the victim’s family, Kelly said,“I’m not planning to do that at this juncture. I may.”

All the wonderful Democrat Community Organizers led by Al Sharpton should be here momentarily. I'll protest with them against the police if it buys me some black votes. And I promise to put an end to Stop & Frisk.

Prevented this

#959762 Aug 5, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
New Obama Administration scandal.
New coverup.
Just broke.
You can trust me!
Sure you can trust me, says O'bama while he is hiding under his golf cart eating an extra piece of his birfday cake.

Prevented this

#959763 Aug 5, 2013
tell_it_like_it_IS wrote:
<quoted text>
iran evolves like democrats?
to evolve means to scam.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#959764 Aug 5, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>O'bama killed Osama bin Laden. The United States is on the run. Skeered to death, O'bama, running to the golf course.
Then you'd better run back to the safety of israel son.

The sooner the better.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#959765 Aug 5, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Funny. Using right wing sources never stopped you from claiming your source as facts... when it clearly wasn't.
you are proving to be a true left winger if you think that Wikipedia is right wing which its obivous because it provides the facts that Pseudo Liberalism cant stand.

Prevented this

#959766 Aug 5, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
if they ignore reality of republican problems maybe these problems will go away
Run O'bama supporter run. There is a specific terrorist alert, get under your desk--close down all communications. Shut down all government buildings, stop eating, eat birfday cake, golf move--this has bee a specific alert: brought to you by Oh Suzzana Rice Productions.

See the Trailer from Rice here: O' bamaisajoke.com

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#959767 Aug 5, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>The postings I've made say otherwise.... especially since you're selective about answering.
What do you expect the Pseudo Liberal Left is going to do and that is anything possible to say different about the legislative changes to the CRA under the Clinton Adminstration & its involvement forcing banks to loan to people who could not afford these house and now these low income people that were in these houses they have been forclosed on and no longer live in those houses which set empty and see plenty of them which some they have actually destroyed while they were living there thanks to Pseudo Liberalism and their legislative changes to the CRA and the only reason I know this is because I know a guy that works for the banks and travels the united states for banks has to go and checks these house over and determine the condition and the repairs needed after they have been taken back since alot them they couldnt afford the houses they were living in besides couldnt even afford to maintain them and some he says which are a total disasters & a loss besides the fact the low income people that destroyed these houses came from the same culture that lived in the Chicago Projects(Section 8 housing) which was Low Income Housing in Chicago which they detroyed them too and was a Pseudo Liberal Housing Failure there too and again the Pseudo Liberals wanted to repeat the same failure again with the housing market & has devastated consequences to the US Economy.

Prevented this

#959768 Aug 5, 2013
Anthony W wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be so critical of Tawana. If Obama had a sister she'd look just like Tawana.
LOL. true so true.

Prevented this

#959769 Aug 5, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Then you'd better run back to the safety of israel son.
The sooner the better.
It's a specific threat, I don't know-O'bama may be planning to bomb Israel.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#959772 Aug 5, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a fascist.
Apparently, so is Cass Sunstein, Obama's regulatory czar who said web sites should be obliged to remove "false rumors" while liberal laws should be altered to make it easier to sue for spreading such "rumors".

Then there was another advisor, Van Jones, who was forced to resign after admitting to being an avowed communist; and then there was Anita Dunn, who also had to resign after singing the praises of Mao Tse-Tung.

Then, of course, we have WH officials threatening journalists - Bob Woodward, Lenny Davis, James Rosen, Fox News and the Associated Press - and illegally confiscating personal emails and phone calls.

The crème de la crème is Obama publicly demonizing anyone who dares to criticize or oppose his personal vision and agenda. That would be half of us.

Yes, fascist would seem accurate.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#959773 Aug 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Toldja. Obama killed the Republican Party. For all intents and purposes, we live in a one Party State now.
It wasn't murder but suicide.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#959774 Aug 5, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>So let's get this straight. After four and a half years in office with the unemployment rate at 7.4 percent and the economy continuing to stagnate, the president's master plan is to raise the minimum wage and provide community college job training? Holy hell O'bama.
Really... do we as Americans deserve an idiot like this?
But he can sing and dance and does a great blackface routine.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#959775 Aug 5, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>It's a specific threat, I don't know-O'bama may be planning to bomb Israel.
lol! You don't know?

That's normal for you son. If you did know, that would be so out of character for you!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#959776 Aug 5, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>you are proving to be a true left winger if you think that Wikipedia is right wing which its obivous because it provides the facts that Pseudo Liberalism cant stand.
You're proving you're a devote right winger extremist son.

All I did was point out how your so called 'source' referenced something that didn't exist.

And you dropped it at that point.

I also pointed out how even wiki shows they're not definitive....

... and again as usual, you dropped it.

Seems you're constantly making things up.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#959777 Aug 5, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
In looking for causes of the subprime mortgage crisis, some people have contended that the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) pushed banking institutions to make high-risk mortgage loans in lower-income communities and that such lending led to the crisis. In a November 2008 study, Federal Reserve economists Glenn Canner and Neil Bhutta analyzed mortgage-related data to assess such arguments and found no empirical evidence to support the claim that the CRA was a major contributor to the subprime crisis.
http://www.philadelphiafed.org/publications/a...
It is a well-known finding of Government watchdog groups that it was government regulatory agencies lax enforcement of the rules and often ignoring violations by the big banks and mortgage lenders that caused the financial subprime crisis to explode --republicans are creating the conditions for another 'train wreck' of our financial system by pushing defunding of these government regulatory agencies so they can not do their job of oversight and policing of Wall Street. Do-nothing republicans in the House wants our government to fail and our economy to collapse because they think that it will hurt President Barack Obama. How did Tea Party republicans get so hateful and destructive?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#959778 Aug 5, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
Q: Where does it end?
More Surveillance Abuse Exposed! Special DEA Unit Is Spying On Americans And Covering It Up
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2013/08...
A: It doesn't because while elected officials might fear the electorate, the bureaucracies they construct do not.
The Reuter's article makes it appear to be some humongous joint venture with various other government agencies. Unfortunately, those agencies don't communicate with each other in a way that makes any sense___jealousy perhaps with an pinch of stupid and a dash of laziness.

The DEA has been out of control since it's inception.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#959781 Aug 5, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, so is Cass Sunstein, Obama's regulatory czar who said web sites should be obliged to remove "false rumors" while liberal laws should be altered to make it easier to sue for spreading such "rumors".
Then there was another advisor, Van Jones, who was forced to resign after admitting to being an avowed communist; and then there was Anita Dunn, who also had to resign after singing the praises of Mao Tse-Tung.
Then, of course, we have WH officials threatening journalists - Bob Woodward, Lenny Davis, James Rosen, Fox News and the Associated Press - and illegally confiscating personal emails and phone calls.
The crème de la crème is Obama publicly demonizing anyone who dares to criticize or oppose his personal vision and agenda. That would be half of us.
Yes, fascist would seem accurate.
George W Bush never even bothered with arguing with his critics , he just threw them in jail or sent them to an illegal foreign rendition site.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Mothra 62,320
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Truth is might 312,702
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr Well Well 20,700
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 13 hr Ize Found 71,234
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) Sun YIM 7,942
News Memorable Nights At The Shaboo -- Courant.com (Aug '07) Sun ShaBOO 155
News If ex-felons pay their dues to society, let's g... (Jun '08) Dec 3 Squach 1,168

Hartford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hartford Mortgages