Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1420896 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#933812 Jun 27, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY STUPID! Did Gore make his money from bankrupting companies like Dade International and destroying workers lives like Romney did? No.
You're an idiot Carol!
No, he made his money fudging scientific evidence to prove liberals will believe anything - especially his malarkey about carbon footprints while leaving his own everywhere he went - and then made a mint selling his low-rated news channel to Al Jazeera, a network where anti-Semitism is woven into its fabric of reporting.

More businesses are successful because of Romney taking the risks than the few that would have gone bankrupt anyway.

More people have jobs because of Romney taking the risks than the ones who would have found themselves jobless anyway.

What does Al Gore have to show for his Romney-like prosperity?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#933813 Jun 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mother is calling you.
....from Jackson Prison....
such a dim electron, indeed!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#933814 Jun 27, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Like your cohort who says Magic Negro in every single post 24/7?
You're a lying hypocrit like all rightwingers.
"silly"
You are correct. I am a conservative. I will admit I am a hypocrite. Let us see;
- I could care less what consenting adults do in the privacy of their bedrooms, but I am anti gay/lesbian marriage
- I am against abortion/murder but I understand it in the case of rape incest or if the the mother's health is in danger
- I respect the presidency but I have no respect for our current president nobama and/or his policies
- I respect our military even thou I know there are some bad apples serving, same with the police
- A persons color/race are of no importance, it is what the person does, work, pay taxes, take care of his obligations
Peace
KMA

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#933815 Jun 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Hee, Hee.
Haven't you hugged that cactus yet?
Wiki - 2003 invasion of Iraq: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_invasion_of...
"The invasion consisted of 21 days of major combat operations, in which a combined force of troops from the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, and Poland, invaded Iraq and deposed the Ba'athist government of Saddam Hussein."
So what's this pubescent BS about unilaterally invading a sovereign country without justification....????
Ever heard of the CRA and the Democrat's extreme enhancement of it?
Go embrace what's yours. Use two fingers and stroke lightly.
lol! Another CRA ding dong.

Boy, the conspiracy idiots just can't let reality in.

amazing.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Easthampton, MA

#933816 Jun 27, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
No wonder you voted for Obama twice. You really are a brainwashed useful idiot.
Someone had to tell Susan Rice to go on five television shows and blame a video. Obama and Hillary then continued to blamed it on a video.
But EVERYONE - and I mean EVERYONE - except you and other brainwashed useful idiots - knows that Obama and Hillary knew it was a terrorist attack the same night it happened.
So someone made the decision to remove any link to terrorists or terrorism in the talking points from the CIA reports which have long since been publicized and well-documented. Try and figure out who would have been the most obvious person to make that kind of decision - and why.
Heaven help us if there are too many more like you. Seriously.
It's complacent and blind loyalists like yourself who present the biggest danger - not those who you elected.
One more time Carol, stop flogging that dead horse! No one ever denied it was a terrorist attack. The motivation behind it is irrelevant. Why are you such a goddamned liar?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#933817 Jun 27, 2013
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>Your z-350 is not a clean energy auto you hypocrite...
Typical Al Gore liberal "Do as I say, Not as I do"...
It's the culture..
He has it tied up, he buys a few trees to offset his carbon footprint. It's just too bad he owns the Forest as well as the big a$$ car!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Spokane, WA

#933818 Jun 27, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! He pretended to be in Houston, TX once too. Then, there was the Bulgarian bear fighting story which was questionable till Demos/Tenzing found this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =mX60S8r1FQwXX
"silly"
You are naive, you believe anything that "dumos" posts.
Peace
KMA

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#933819 Jun 27, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol, you're the last person in the world to be commenting on someone's intelligence as this post proves beyond all doubt that you are one of the most abysmally stupid people on this thread. George W Bush was warned during the first of his 77 visits to his faux ranch that an attack on US soil was imminent and what did he do? NOTHING! He stayed there another week. He could have gone back to Washington and set fire under some asses and found out that there were FBI reports of suspicious students at flight schools around the nation and prevented the attacks. Did he do that? NO! Because there was more brush to cut.
You're a complete idiot Carol!
Shut the hell up, you dumb cluck.

Bill Clinton built that wall between the FBI and the CIA to save his ass from being caught taking donations from the Chinese.

Why the hell didn't Bill Clinton know what George Bush was supposed to know when the plot was underway for five years - the entire second term of Clinton's watch - and Bush was only 8 months into the job??

Now zip it. You're being a pest.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Saint Petersburg, FL

#933820 Jun 27, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
One more time Carol, stop flogging that dead horse! No one ever denied it was a terrorist attack. The motivation behind it is irrelevant. Why are you such a goddamned liar?
Swearing gives a bad impression about you PDUPONT.

It makes you unpleasant to be with or around, reflects ignorance, a tool for you whiners and complainers with a bad attitude who don't have control...

Swearing turns your discussions into arguments, a sign of deranged hostility and leads to violence PDUPONT...

You do lack imagination and education PDUPONT, using your lazy language you can't communicate clearly and it discloses your lack of character...

It's the culture...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Saint Petersburg, FL

#933821 Jun 27, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
He has it tied up, he buys a few trees to offset his carbon footprint. It's just too bad he owns the Forest as well as the big a$$ car!
Al Gore buys his carbon off-sets credits from himself--the Generation Investment Management LLP, "an independent, private, owner-managed partnership established in 2004 with offices in London and Washington, D.C." of which he is both chairman and founding partner you idiot.

Al Gore: world's first carbon billionaire? Who do you buy your carbon offset credits from for that Z-350 Greg??

It's the culture..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#933822 Jun 27, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you to zip it.

They lied through their collective teeth about that stupid video for days and even weeks. Obama was the last one after Hillary and Panetta to finally admit it was a terrorist attack. It was two weeks later and after he stood in front of the UN still blaming that stupid video.

Now shut the hell up. Go light some incense on your Obama altar and chant or something.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Saint Petersburg, FL

#933823 Jun 27, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
At least Bush's Ranch is greener then Al Gore's Mansion. The Pasminco Zinc Mine, is situated on Gore's plantation...

The "Pasminco Zinc Mine" owned by the Gore family and is situated in the middle of Al Gore's plantation...

Al Gore's Forever polluting the Caney Fork river in Tennessee, a major tributary, polluting the Cumberland River in Kentucky...

AL Gore's Zinc Mine pollution spreads in 2 states...

It's the culture...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#933824 Jun 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
How about filling all the empty lots in Detroit, of which there are many?
Or Central Park in New York? Boston Commons? Washington Mall? Miami Beach? Everglades?
In other words...NIMBY. Got it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#933826 Jun 27, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Just answer the frickin' question. Why do you have to be so obstinate?
It's what I do best.

You writing a damn book or something? Let me suggest you a tip-quit listening to psycho-stupid and stick to worrying about HOMERS biographical stuff, cause anything else is just pretentious... Like pretending ten is thirty. MmmK?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#933828 Jun 27, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder what the haz mat fees are when one goes to dispose of broken solar panels.
Do you mean AFTER they get a clue and figure out that there's hazardous waste in those too?

(As in..whatuuuuuh, tha New technerlology gawbage sposal stuff not fwee????)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#933829 Jun 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Fergit the Mensa crazy BS.
You sound Menstrual Crazy, hunee.
lily's doctor likely cringed at diagnosing her particular brand of hysteria...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wandering_womb

...lacking the proper accouterments of restraint for a wandering, waeful womb...with fangs.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933830 Jun 27, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words...NIMBY. Got it.
Locate solar generators in cities where the power demand exists, reducing the need for transmission corridors.

How about covering the Empire State Building with solar panels, with virtually no impact to the environment/

Win-win

Of course, Galt sees an immediate problem with urban solar problems...difficult for the sunshine to penetrate the graffiti.

But, yes, NIMBY, that's why you people want to destroy the desert instead of your urban paradises.

Remember the wind power facilities off Hyannisport killed by the Kennedys?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Spokane, WA

#933831 Jun 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You shouldn't talk about things you don't understand son.
"yuck"
Hey boy, you should not talk about anything because you understand nothing.
Peace
KMA

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#933832 Jun 27, 2013
http://cironline.org/reports/license-plate-re...

When the city of San Leandro, Calif., purchased a license-plate reader for its police department in 2008, computer security consultant Michael Katz-Lacabe asked the city for a record of every time the scanners had photographed his car.

The results shocked him.

The paperback-size device, installed on the outside of police cars, can log thousands of license plates in an eight-hour patrol shift. Katz-Lacabe said it had photographed his two cars on 112 occasions, including one image from 2009 that shows him and his daughters stepping out of his Toyota Prius in their driveway.

That photograph, Katz-Lacabe said, made him “frightened and concerned about the magnitude of police surveillance and data collection.” The single patrol car in San Leandro equipped with a plate reader had logged his car once a week on average, photographing his license plate and documenting the time and location.

At a rapid pace, and mostly hidden from the public, police agencies throughout California have been collecting millions of records on drivers and feeding them to intelligence fusion centers operated by local, state and federal law enforcement.

With heightened concern over secret intelligence operations at the National Security Agency, the localized effort to track drivers highlights the extent to which the government has committed to collecting large amounts of data on people who have done nothing wrong.

A year ago, the Northern California Regional Intelligence Center – one of dozens of law enforcement intelligence-sharing centers set up after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001 – signed a $340,000 agreement with the Silicon Valley firm Palantir to construct a database of license-plate records flowing in from police using the devices across 14 counties, documents and interviews show.

The extent of the center’s data collection has never been revealed. Neither has the involvement of Palantir, a Silicon Valley firm with extensive ties to the Pentagon and intelligence agencies. The CIA’s venture capital fund, In-Q-Tel, has invested $2 million in the firm.

The jurisdictions supplying license-plate data to the intelligence center stretch from Monterey County to the Oregon border. According to contract documents, the database will be capable of handling at least 100 million records and be accessible to local and state law enforcement across the region.

Law enforcement agencies throughout Northern California will be able to access the data, as will state and federal authorities.

In the Bay Area, at least 32 government agencies use license-plate readers. The city of Piedmont decided to install them along the border with Oakland, and the Marin County enclave of Tiburon placed plate scanners and cameras on two roads leading into and out of town.

Law enforcement agencies throughout the region also have adopted the technology. Police in Daly City, Milpitas and San Francisco have signed agreements to provide data from plate readers to the Northern California Regional Intelligence Center. A Piedmont document indicates that city is also participating, along with Oakland, Walnut Creek, Alameda and the California Highway Patrol.

Katz-Lacabe, who was featured in a Wall Street Journal story last year, said he believes the records of his movements are too revealing for someone who has done nothing wrong. With the technology, he said,“you can tell who your friends are, who you hang out with, where you go to church, whether you’ve been to a political meeting.”

Lt. Randall Brandt of the San Leandro police said,“It’s new technology, we’re learning as we go, but it works 100 times better than driving around looking for license plates with our eyes.”

The intelligence center database will store license-plate records for up to two years, regardless of data retention limits set by local police departments.

Spokane, WA

#933833 Jun 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Senator Barry Goldwater (R-Arizona), running for the Republican Party nomination in the upcoming presidential election, gives an interview in which he discusses the use of low-yield atomic bombs in North Vietnam to defoliate forests and destroy bridges, roads, and railroad lines bringing supplies from communist China. During the storm of criticism that followed, Goldwater tried to back away from these drastic actions, claiming that he did not mean to advocate the use of atomic bombs but was "repeating a suggestion made by competent military people." Democrats painted Goldwater as a warmonger who was overly eager to use nuclear weapons in Vietnam. Though he won his party's nomination, Goldwater was never able to shake his image as an extremist in Vietnam policies. This image was a key factor in his crushing defeat by opponent Lyndon B. Johnson, who took about 61 percent of the vote to Goldwater's 39 percent.
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/go...
"sonic"
And lbj was not a war monger, lbj who sent over 50,000 young American's to their death in Nam?
Be honest, just once.
Peace
KMA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr mdbuilder 61,095
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr agree 20,506
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Mon Blue November 311,629
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Mon Ize Found 70,974
News SEA CLIFF: Paramedic arrested on child harm cha... (Jun '08) Aug 21 Greg 55
News Gay Marriage (Mar '09) Aug 20 newsb 482
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) Aug 17 Beentherebeforeno... 65

Hartford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hartford Mortgages