Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394908 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#931869 Jun 25, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You need to explain your point son.
But don't worry. I don't expect you to. I expect you to dump and run instead. SOP.

This is hysterical.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#931870 Jun 25, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> All 7 uniformed services under the United States Armed Forces are in the Dept of Defense. See the word Armed? It is in there for a reason.
Tell me son, when the USCG was first created, what was it's primary responsibility?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#931871 Jun 25, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, because I don't see 9/11 anywhere on your little list.
Sure it is, 2001 is represented. Here it is again (remember these are percentages so 0.05 = 5%):

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#931872 Jun 25, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Can it survive on its own outside of the womb?
Until then its a parasite surviving at the pleasure of the host.
pleasure (sic)
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#931873 Jun 25, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> The Air force was once part of the Army.
You can repeat that as often as you want. You may as well tell me where the Marines are listed for the Navy son.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#931875 Jun 25, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>OMG this is funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =WTZIB6Sika4XX
Add in the quote from Yeah's article

"In 1995 Clinton loosened housing rules by rewriting the Community Reinvestment Act, which put added pressure on banks to lend in low-income neighborhoods."

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/ar... #ixzz2XFWUfjTk
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#931876 Jun 25, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Earlier this morning they were standing bond market was in trouble which wouldn't be surprising.
Any bonds other than short-term are a huge risk, as are many municipal bonds.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#931877 Jun 25, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The Coast Guard could be construed as a navy which is provided for.
No, you can't. The navy is a separate service.

The problem is you're looking at this from a present day perspective. It's not a service that came into being like DHS.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#931878 Jun 25, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You can repeat that as often as you want. You may as well tell me where the Marines are listed for the Navy son.
The US Marines are a branch of the US Navy.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#931879 Jun 25, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=WTZIB6Sika4XX
This is hysterical.
Link is broken
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#931880 Jun 25, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Just hold on Homer Obama coming out after 2 to tell us all how he is going to screw the energy companies and collapse the economy again. I give it about 3 seconds into his statement it will be in free fall.
Fortunately I was kidding, I never listen to you two bozos.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#931881 Jun 25, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the guy into fact check sites.
" when given repeated opportunities to forthrightly declare this was an “act of terrorism,” the president ducked the question.
For instance, on Sept. 12, immediately after the Rose Garden statement the day after the attack, Obama sat down with Steve Kroft of 60 Minutes and acknowledged he purposely avoided the using the word “terrorism:”
KROFT:“Mr. President, this morning you went out of your way to avoid the use of the word ‘terrorism’ in connection with the Libya attack.”
OBAMA:“Right.”
KROFT:“Do you believe that this was a terrorist attack?”
OBAMA:“Well, it’s too early to know exactly how this came about, what group was involved, but obviously it was an attack on Americans. And we are going to be working with the Libyan government to make sure that we bring these folks to justice, one way or the other.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-chec...
I don't see a problem with it but I'm not blinded by whatever it is that makes a small chunk of the populace hate him for what appear to be irrational reasons, is it because he's Episcopalian?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#931882 Jun 25, 2013
Angry workers hold Florida executive captive over unpaid salary

The owner of a Florida-based medical supply company has been trapped inside his company’s factory in China by a group of about 80 angry workers, though they deny mistreating him physically.

“We women can’t hold the boss hostage,” one employee, Gao Ping, told CBS News.“We’re negotiating. He didn’t pay us wages.”

But their employer, 42-year-old Chip Starnes, said employees have deprived him of sleep since first taking him captive on June 21 and blocked him from leaving the Specialty Medical Supplies facility in Beijing. He also denied owing his captors two months’ worth of salary and severance packages after laying about 30 employees off.

They’re kind of holding me in a cage like an animal,” Starnes shouted from behind a window to a reporter.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/06/25/angry-w...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#931883 Jun 25, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> An army for no more than two years. They get around this by appropriating monet every year.
You're saying they're ignoring the Constitution then son.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#931884 Jun 25, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> All 7 uniformed services under the United States Armed Forces are in the Dept of Defense. See the word Armed? It is in there for a reason.
Name the 7 services.....
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#931885 Jun 25, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>If you're talking about the cons, could be son.
How do you have such great knowledge about criminals?

Hmmmm
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#931886 Jun 25, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Can it survive on its own outside of the womb?
Until then its a parasite surviving at the pleasure of the host.
In light of the above information; Paul Ryan is rewording his Personhood bill to be Parasite Bill and give them voting rights.
And, if the host detaches the parasite; the host will be tried for premediated murder.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#931887 Jun 25, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see a problem with it but I'm not blinded by whatever it is that makes a small chunk of the populace hate him for what appear to be irrational reasons, is it because he's Episcopalian?
Another dodge of what the topic was?

The topic was did Obama called Benghazi a terrorist attack.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#931888 Jun 25, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You're saying they're ignoring the Constitution then son.
NOPE

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#931889 Jun 25, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You can repeat that as often as you want. You may as well tell me where the Marines are listed for the Navy son.
The Marines are part of the Navy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 min Ize Found 70,717
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min Fit2Serve 60,042
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr zach 311,329
News Connecticut News - State, National and Local Ne... (May '07) Jun 22 ladyslipper 156
"OX" cover band from the 70s. (Oct '10) Jun 22 Bill Suchy 14
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Jun 20 Homeboynot 20,366
sat.6-11-16 DMBand concert. girl assaulted. Jun 18 braun700 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hartford Mortgages