Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1602243 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#919547 Jun 6, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, for heaven's sake, Lincoln. Time to break that broken record.
The costs of health care is simply too high. There are very easy and practical solutions to make health care more affordable for everyone. The truly needy will always have access to health care and we will always pay for it. We'd just like to pay a lot less if it's alright with you.
By the way, more people will be uninsured by 2020 under Obamacare.
The costs IS"??? Tell us some more about your education, Batty Loo...did your thirty-year-old (or twenty-four-year-old if you want to claim a typo confusing a one with a nine) daughter. Did you forget to have here graduating at an appropriate and about time? Did you forget her altogether? Also, Bats, alright is always all wrong...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#919548 Jun 6, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"flack"
Who gives a shit?
Peace
Not me Easy! I thought it might have been one of them skinny mag models who ate a cracker and got scared they were going to have to take a crap!!!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#919549 Jun 6, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> darol I was busy when I typed this and now realize it was not the answer you needed. I will try in the morning to find some site for you to look at. Sorry.
Thanks.
youtube

AOL

#919550 Jun 6, 2013

ANTICHRIST ..on world stage

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#919551 Jun 6, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Calm down, just say you didn't think it was funny. You do realize I was being funny, don't you? Wait you really think Obama is going to use drones...
A new NOAA drone to hopefully be deployed this year is a tiny (12") flying drone that will be released into a hurricane from above at up to a hundred at a time. Being small and compact greatly lowers the chance for damage. A homing device built in will allow most to be collected and reused.

Sort of like those things in 'Twister' but these actually fly a programed flight path.

Orlando, FL

#919552 Jun 6, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
"I am now the enemy Homer" OMG, my ribs are hurting from laughter.
Obama publicly and naively went after Fox News right after taking office. Remember?

He then banned Fox News from press conferences until the liberal media stood behind Fox.

This president has made it no mystery he rewards loyalty and despises criticism, dividing both parties by demonizing and diminishing republicans ever since he took office.

This is not the actions of a leader. They are character traits of a narcissist.

You must have forgotten the tea party - citizens who protested in peaceful dissent against big government - were put on the Homeland Security's list in 2009.

If you're still laughing, you're delerious.
Jane Says

Jamaica, NY

#919553 Jun 6, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Projectilis Vomitus
the pet name Looney Lily's Affirmative Action Ambulance Chaser calls her.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#919554 Jun 6, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
OBAMACARE CHAOS
Obama campaigned in 2008 on a promise that Obamacare would reduce the cost of health insurance by $2,500 for average families.
But since Obamacare passed, the cost of an average family policy has ALREADY INCREASED BY $3,000.
That reflects the philosophical problem that so many “progressives” have with math, which they are certain is a fascist conspiracy against working people.(Why must 2 +2 always equal 4? That is just fascist authoritarianism. Why can’t we be flexible so it can sometimes equal 3, or 5?)
But this again is just an early breeze from the coming storm.
If you require coverage of more benefits, such as “free” check ups,“free” preventive care,“free” contraceptives,“free” preventive care, and everything Kathleen Sebelius says MUST BE COVERED to satisfy the individual mandate and the employer mandate, then fascist math says that means there must be higher premiums, just so those fascist insurance companies can have enough money to pay all their promised benefits.
More lies from Hate Talk Radio.

To listen to you people, insurance premiums were stagnant before the passing of the Affordable Healthcare Act.

Hate to bust your myth but the cost of family coverage doubled between 1999 and 2009 (by 131% actually) and it was Obama that took the initiative to who put new rules in place to require all insurers publically justify any increases of more than 10 percent and spend at least 80 cents of every dollar they collect in premiums on medical care or return the difference to consumers.

In 2011, premiums increased by 8.5 percent over the previous year. That's less than the increases seen under Bushy boy yet you people are demanding that premiums be stabilized under Obama.... even though prescription drug makers and "non-profit" Catholic hospitals continue to increase their fees. You people are a piece of work.

FACT: "In 2012, U.S. companies and their employees saw the lowest health care premium rate increases in six years, according to an analysis by consultancy Aon Hewitt. The average health care premium rate increase for large employers in 2012 was 4.9 percent, down from 8.5 percent in 2011 and 6.2 percent in 2010. In 2013, however, average health care premium increases are projected to jump up to 6.3 percent." Still FAR, FAR, FAR lower than the increases seen under the Bush administration.

http://www.shrm.org/hrdisciplines/benefits/ar...

Orlando, FL

#919555 Jun 6, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>The costs IS"??? Tell us some more about your education, Batty Loo...did your thirty-year-old (or twenty-four-year-old if you want to claim a typo confusing a one with a nine) daughter. Did you forget to have here graduating at an appropriate and about time? Did you forget her altogether? Also, Bats, alright is always all wrong...
I must remind you of all your typos - which you seem to ignore.

You sound a bit hysterical. Could you please re-post this in a more rational way?
Jane Says

Jamaica, NY

#919556 Jun 6, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>The costs IS"??? Tell us some more about your education, Batty Loo...did your thirty-year-old (or twenty-four-year-old if you want to claim a typo confusing a one with a nine) daughter. Did you forget to have here graduating at an appropriate and about time? Did you forget her altogether? Also, Bats, alright is always all wrong...
leosnotta writes this as Tyshawn One is forcefeeding Tyshawn Two bleach and Tyshawn Four is dangling Tyshawn Three out the window.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#919557 Jun 6, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
Why did clinton not take bin Laden into custody when he had 3 opportunities?
Peace
KMA
Because the republicans wouldn't let him
Jane Says

Jamaica, NY

#919558 Jun 6, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama publicly and naively went after Fox News right after taking office. Remember?
He then banned Fox News from press conferences until the liberal media stood behind Fox.
This president has made it no mystery he rewards loyalty and despises criticism, dividing both parties by demonizing and diminishing republicans ever since he took office.
You must have forgotten the tea party - citizens who protested in peaceful dissent against big government - were put on the Homeland Security's list in 2009.
If you're still laughing, you're delerious.
obammy's character traits are also typical of a left-leaning intolerant college professor who only allows free speech that agrees with him.

Orlando, FL

#919559 Jun 6, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
You revel in any problems faced by the United States and its' people.
Look at your string of hate america post.
Next time we are attacked, God forbid, hope you read your own anti American string of post.
You must not have been on at the beginning, but I made it no secret November 2008 I believed this country had been hijacked.

I expected the worst before it even started.

Now, the majority of Americans are STILL against Obamacare just as they were in 2009.

The public trust in the federal government is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

The Middle East is about to explode, the economy is about to take a dive and this president is worried about the opposition not liking him.

You tell me. Was I right in my prediction?

Orlando, FL

#919560 Jun 6, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Imagine the outrage if the Obama administration had done away with this practice.
Rightwingers can be outraged either way depending on Obama's position.
Listening to chats between terrorists is common sense.

Obama was right to extend the Patriot Act as it was meant to be enacted.

That's not what's happening now. Americans who oppose those in power are treated like the enemy.

Try and put yourself in our shoes. Pretend you're the one being targeted by the IRS or your liberal organization.

Pretend the Attorney General illegally confiscated emails and phone records from Tom Brokaw, his parents and NBC affiliates.

Many democrats can. I know you can too, Homer.

Orlando, FL

#919561 Jun 6, 2013

Jane Says

Jamaica, NY

#919562 Jun 6, 2013
Obama...

NOT Transparent and Very Intolerant:

'Some people are surprised that the administration is hardly transparent and, in fact, downright intolerant of dissent. Critics are slurred as racists and Nazis - usually without the fingerprints of those who orchestrated the smear campaign from higher up. The NEA seems to want to dish out federal money to "artists" on the basis of liberal obsequiousness. The president tells the nation that his wonderful programs are met with distortion and right-wing lies, and that the time for talking is over - no more partisan, divisive bickering in endless debate.'

...has no business or real world experience and demonize the successful:
University administrators worship private money, and then among themselves scoff at the capitalism that created it.

Campus elites, looking at a benefactor, are fascinated how someone - no brighter than they are - made so much money, even as they are repelled by a system that allows those other than themselves to have pulled it off.

No wonder that Obama seems enchanted by a Warren Buffett, even as he trashes the very landscape that created Berkshire Hathaway's riches. No president has raised more money from Wall Street or has given it more protection from accountability - while at the same time demagoguing it as selfish and greedy.

Hate is a strong word, I’d say more that Obama was raised in a certain mindset at a time when it was more popular to blame America and be unpatriotic.

The other is his lack of real world and his having zero business experience.

Many of former Professor Obama's problems hinge on his own self-righteous sense of self, non-stop sermonizing and suspicion of sincere dissent.

In other words, the US is now a campus, we are the students, & Obama is our university president.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/09/23/opi...

the above was written in 2009, but note one sentence:

'USUALLY WITHOUT THE FINGERPRINTS OF THOSE WHO ORCHESTRATED THE SMEAR CAMPAIGN FROM HIGHER UP'

with all the recent scandals, the above words have certainly been proven true and accurate.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#919563 Jun 6, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> A new NOAA drone to hopefully be deployed this year is a tiny (12") flying drone that will be released into a hurricane from above at up to a hundred at a time. Being small and compact greatly lowers the chance for damage. A homing device built in will allow most to be collected and reused.
Sort of like those things in 'Twister' but these actually fly a programed flight path.
How soon before Fox News announces that "Obama now controls the weather!"? That's actually pretty cool stuff Flack.

Orlando, FL

#919564 Jun 6, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Next time we are attacked by terrorists
because we did Not collect phone records
we can thank Carol ..
Some of us are in favor of security for the United States
<quoted text>
You liberals went absolutely berzerk over federal agents just listening to chats between terrorists screaming a violation of civil rights.

And now you're saying federal agents confiscating the personal phone records of American citizens is a-okay?

Because if that's what you're say, you just became a hypocrite of the highest order.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#919565 Jun 6, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Listening to chats between terrorists is common sense.
Obama was right to extend the Patriot Act as it was meant to be enacted.
That's not what's happening now. Americans who oppose those in power are treated like the enemy.
Try and put yourself in our shoes. Pretend you're the one being targeted by the IRS or your liberal organization.
Pretend the Attorney General illegally confiscated emails and phone records from Tom Brokaw, his parents and NBC affiliates.
Many democrats can. I know you can too, Homer.
I disagree. I don't like Tom Brokaw anyhow, he looks like a Communist sympathizer.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#919566 Jun 6, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I must remind you of all your typos - which you seem to ignore.
You sound a bit hysterical. Could you please re-post this in a more rational way?
Nope, not only have you been lying and denying more than usual, but you clearly "are the enemy."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 23 min Choicerocks 317,583
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr MamaSays 21,192
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,981
News Developer Resubmits Plan In Wethersfield (Jun '08) Thu ANONYMOUS 45
News Eastman Chemical cutting up to 300 jobs, reduci... (Mar '09) Sep 18 Caitlyn Jenner 7
Sick Minded Sexual Perversion is an Abomination!! Sep 18 TrueX 2
News PrideFest Draws Hundreds To Downtown Hartford Sep 12 Did Not Go 2

Hartford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hartford Mortgages