Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1262813 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#865114 Feb 27, 2013
HOUSE GOP CAVES

Violence Against Women Act Impasse Finally Broken

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/02/ho...

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#865117 Feb 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
HOUSE GOP CAVES
Violence Against Women Act Impasse Finally Broken
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/02/ho...
Another rumor goes in your ear, then out of your mouth. You are a deranged idiot, Polly Parrot.

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#865118 Feb 27, 2013
This site is a gold mine of examples of everything that's wrong about the right. Visitors here can immediately see things like DBWriter warning about the coming civil war, waxturd rigging the judge-it system, Shinningshitforbrains incoherently ranting about his miserable life and a plethora of wildly indefensible comments from loony zealots on the far right fringe. Its all right here, no need to Google. They also can see patient progressives trying to logically calm the frantic right by presenting facts they never get to see on FOX or hear from Limbaugh.
You can't make this stuff up.

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#865119 Feb 27, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Another rumor goes in your ear, then out of your mouth. You are a deranged idiot, Polly Parrot.
i'm not the who has to deal in rumors.

far as i can tell this is the only site on the net that you ever visit. thank god for right wing chain-emails eh?

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#865120 Feb 27, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
This site is a gold mine of examples of everything that's wrong about the right. Visitors here can immediately see things like DBWriter warning about the coming civil war, waxturd rigging the judge-it system, Shinningshitforbrains incoherently ranting about his miserable life and a plethora of wildly indefensible comments from loony zealots on the far right fringe. Its all right here, no need to Google. They also can see patient progressives trying to logically calm the frantic right by presenting facts they never get to see on FOX or hear from Limbaugh.
You can't make this stuff up.
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

What will happen when the reality that money doesn't grow on trees becomes impossible to ignore?

Do you have any photos of you having sex with animals?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#865121 Feb 27, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
This site is a gold mine of examples of everything that's wrong about the right. Visitors here can immediately see things like DBWriter warning about the coming civil war, waxturd rigging the judge-it system, Shinningshitforbrains incoherently ranting about his miserable life and a plethora of wildly indefensible comments from loony zealots on the far right fringe. Its all right here, no need to Google. They also can see patient progressives trying to logically calm the frantic right by presenting facts they never get to see on FOX or hear from Limbaugh.
You can't make this stuff up.
With friends like a racist Al Sharpton, on MSNBC and a Hateful Madcow espousing the government to have absolute control over you and your twin deranged lives, all good Marxist sheep believe their handler's propaganda. It's how and why you and your imaginary twin remain on a "Blue Magnet" preserve.

Judged:

10

10

6

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#865122 Feb 27, 2013
this not only pertains to journalists...

Erick Erickson:

W5 + H = A Baseline for Integrity

I think conservative media is failing to advance ideas and stories. Certainly part of that is because the general media has an ideological bias against conservatives, which makes it harder for the media to take our views seriously. But many conservatives are, instead of working doubly hard to overcome that bias, just yelling louder about the same things. The echo in the chamber has gotten so loud it is not well understood outside the echo chamber in the mainstream press and in the public. It translates only as anger and noise, neither of which are conducive to the art of persuasion.

Conservatives are trying so hard to highlight controversies, no matter how trivial, we have forgotten the basics of reporting: W5 + H as I learned in grade school, also known as who, what, where, when, why, and how. I think conservatives need to reset some of their reportorial resources to tell the stories that need to be told by focusing on the facts at hand in a world view of the right. We need to establish a baseline for integrity in reporting that then allows us to highlight the truly outrageous. That baseline must be the basics of who, what, where, when, why, and how and it must be set before taking the next step into analysis of motivation and its implications.

The “Obamaphone” is a great example of this. Conservatives laughed out loud at the video of the lady saying Barack Obama had given her a phone. Conservatives used it as an example of all that was wrong with the expansion of the welfare state under Barack Obama. What many conservatives missed was that the program was a pre-existing program. In fact, the “Obamaphone” idea goes back to the Reagan Administration, but the present program was implemented in 2008 when George W. Bush was President. Government funds are not even used directly.

Focus on the Obamaphone by conservatives missed a number of key points and, in not covering the basic facts, sent conservative activists down rabbit holes. It would have been helpful if conservative reporters spent more time laying out the basic who, what, where, when, why, and how of the issue before exploring the necessity of the program and the fact that there are Americans who credit Barack Obama with giving them that phone.

Conservatives went to the critique in some cases before fully understanding the program. This happens on both sides of the aisle, but conservatives have to be better informed and more versed in the facts because the media already leans left and gives more latitude to the left.

http://www.redstate.com/2013/02/27/w5-h-a-bas...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#865123 Feb 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm not the who has to deal in rumors.
far as i can tell this is the only site on the net that you ever visit. thank god for right wing chain-emails eh?
In the age of information...Your ignorance and running on empty is still a morons best choice.

Judged:

12

12

8

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#865124 Feb 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
this not only pertains to journalists...
Erick Erickson:
W5 + H = A Baseline for Integrity
I think conservative media is failing to advance ideas and stories. Certainly part of that is because the general media has an ideological bias against conservatives, which makes it harder for the media to take our views seriously. But many conservatives are, instead of working doubly hard to overcome that bias, just yelling louder about the same things. The echo in the chamber has gotten so loud it is not well understood outside the echo chamber in the mainstream press and in the public. It translates only as anger and noise, neither of which are conducive to the art of persuasion.
Conservatives are trying so hard to highlight controversies, no matter how trivial, we have forgotten the basics of reporting: W5 + H as I learned in grade school, also known as who, what, where, when, why, and how. I think conservatives need to reset some of their reportorial resources to tell the stories that need to be told by focusing on the facts at hand in a world view of the right. We need to establish a baseline for integrity in reporting that then allows us to highlight the truly outrageous. That baseline must be the basics of who, what, where, when, why, and how and it must be set before taking the next step into analysis of motivation and its implications.
The “Obamaphone” is a great example of this. Conservatives laughed out loud at the video of the lady saying Barack Obama had given her a phone. Conservatives used it as an example of all that was wrong with the expansion of the welfare state under Barack Obama. What many conservatives missed was that the program was a pre-existing program. In fact, the “Obamaphone” idea goes back to the Reagan Administration, but the present program was implemented in 2008 when George W. Bush was President. Government funds are not even used directly.
Focus on the Obamaphone by conservatives missed a number of key points and, in not covering the basic facts, sent conservative activists down rabbit holes. It would have been helpful if conservative reporters spent more time laying out the basic who, what, where, when, why, and how of the issue before exploring the necessity of the program and the fact that there are Americans who credit Barack Obama with giving them that phone.
Conservatives went to the critique in some cases before fully understanding the program. This happens on both sides of the aisle, but conservatives have to be better informed and more versed in the facts because the media already leans left and gives more latitude to the left.
http://www.redstate.com/2013/02/27/w5-h-a-bas...
Socialism: Cut-N-Paste other people's written work, stealing it from them, YOU who won't work, compassionate.

Judged:

11

11

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#865125 Feb 27, 2013
Troll: A deranged liberal who posts a deliberately provocative cut-n-paste message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption, a mind without matter, causing a delusional argument, running on empty.

Judged:

12

12

8

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#865126 Feb 27, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a great example of waxturd awarding himself 9 (probably more by the time I type this) brilliant judge-its for a dumbass post. No one has ever explained why garbage like this impressed them because no one but waxturd assigned the judge-its.
Its also a great example of how desperate the right wing is to "win" at anything. pathetic losers.
Hehe..

Hi hypocrite! I've got 5 judgeits. I can't imaging there are five of you morons here already. Got hypocrite?

hehe...

Judged:

13

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#865127 Feb 27, 2013
Obama Sequestration Cuts Signed into Law by Obamato get elected. LOL..Where's Bush when you need him?

Obama: I Will Veto Attempts To Get Rid Of Automatic Spending Cuts.

http://www.forbes.com/fdc/welcome_mjx.shtml

Judged:

11

11

8

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#865128 Feb 27, 2013
OldRaider/waxywaxturd is up to his old tricks, spamming with judgits again. I will not quit until I expose this fraud! I am a moron Democrat! Where's my Obamaphone?

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#865129 Feb 27, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The wording was "no effective oversight" of the Democrats' Marxist equal-outcome subprime housing loan program, idiot.
After the Democrats received no effective oversight from the Republicans, the Democrats overwhelmingly supported the war in Iraq.
The economy collapsed after two years of oversight by the Democrats Dodd and Frank.
You can't run away from these facts, dufus.
How true- not even duh joggers with dey tunes stuck in dey ears can deny OR "run away" from FACTS.(sane ones anyway!)
Total Government Spending
in the United States
Federal, State, and Local
-5yr -1yr Fiscal Year 2011 +1yr +5yr
Government Pensions $1.0 trillion
Government Health Care +$1.1 trillion
Government Education +$0.8 trillion
National Defense +$0.9 trillion
Government Welfare +$0.6 trillion
All Other Spending +$1.5 trillion
Total Government Spending $6.1 trillion
2011 Federal Deficit +$1.3 trillion
Or Simply stated for the IGNORANT and/or clueless to reality amongst us-
Duh Gubbermint spent dat big deficit number BEYOND what duh gubbermint took in.
Reckon when duh gubbermint gonna git one of them there BUDGETS?
How many more YEARS of this out of control spending, due to LACK of any BUDGET, must America suffer through?
(Even the current admin should be able to at least present one to be mindful of-that's the LEAST We the People should be able to expect from that which has been elected to the oval office to do so!!)

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#865130 Feb 27, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Socialism: Cut-N-Paste other people's written work, stealing it from them, YOU who won't work, compassionate.
"The stories we choose to tell should have all the information we need to be informed of facts and paint a picture of those facts’ impact."

http://www.redstate.com/2013/02/27/w5-h-a-bas...

try it. it's called credibility.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#865131 Feb 27, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
What will happen when the reality that money doesn't grow on trees becomes impossible to ignore?
Do you have any photos of you having sex with animals?
Visitors to this site, check this out. Here's a "patriot" right winger soliciting animal porn!
You can't make this stuff up!

Judged:

12

12

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#865132 Feb 27, 2013
Old Crazy Goober wrote:
OldRaider/waxywaxturd is up to his old tricks, spamming with judgits again. I will not quit until I expose this fraud! I am a moron Democrat! Where's my Obamaphone?
Visitors to this site, check this out.
This right wing moron is my bitch, he even uses my picture to please me.
You can't make this stuff up!

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#865133 Feb 27, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
There are two ways to conquer & enslave a nation.
One is by the sword. The other is by debt."
~ John Adams, 1826
The Quote of the Decade:
Americans deserve better."
~ Barack H. Obama
Yes, we the hard working, honest and ethical ones do!!

Recent US Federal Deficit Numbers
Obama Deficits Bush Deficits
FY 2013*:$901 billion FY 2009†:$1,413 billion
FY 2012:$1,089 billion FY 2008:$459 billion
FY 2011:$1,300 billion FY 2007:$161 billion
FY 2010:$1,293 billion

Although the federal deficit is the amount each year by which federal outlays in the federal budget exceed federal receipts, the gross federal debt increases each year by substantially more than the amount of the deficit each year. That is because a substantial amount of federal borrowing is not counted in the budget. See here.

Note:

* Federal Deficit is budgeted.
† Some people have emailed to insist that the FY 2009 deficit should be assigned to Obama. Good point.

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#865134 Feb 27, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Visitors to this site, check this out. Here's a "patriot" right winger soliciting animal porn!
You can't make this stuff up!
There are no visitors here, idiot.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#865135 Feb 27, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Visitors to this site, check this out. Here's a "patriot" right winger soliciting animal porn!
You can't make this stuff up!
Realtime is the authority on pets and farm animals. You looking for friends with the same mental disorder as him you dumbass?

Post#855881-Realtime: Sex with farm animals was just banned in Florida last year, sex with household pets is yet to be decided unless the pet is injured during the sex.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Archie 54,332
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Ariel Sharon 70,141
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr STO 310,327
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Tue Samuel-7g-Jackson 20,089
News Gibbs College campus will be shut down (Feb '08) Tue musique 108
News Police: Suspect Tried To Strangle Woman (Mar '08) Jul 27 88Erab 171
News 39 US missionaries robbed in Jamaica (Jul '08) Jul 24 Boiling Pointer 68
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hartford Mortgages