Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“obamabot livs”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#862524 Feb 21, 2013
Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Again, what difference does it make? He's producing more oil than than any other president, yet you try to find a loophole in his success. You people are a joke! 1st you argue he's against the free market, then blame it on his success. Didn't bush you that same free market? Why wasn't he as successful? Here's the conservative logic,"lets block everything the president tries to accomplish & what he does accomplish we'll take credit for or flat out lie about it." 2 more yrs, bra 2 more yrs!
That's where you're mistaken, Obama has absolutely nothing to do with our increased oil production, on the contrary he has kept millions of acres of federal land off limits.

But, prove me wrong, show where Obama has anything to do with increasing our production.

It's in spite of Obama, not because of him.

“obamabot livs”

Location hidden

#862525 Feb 21, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
anytime one of you winguts wants to show me rare proof of anything i'm game.
You've ignored proof and facts since day one on here.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#862526 Feb 21, 2013
Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Again, what difference does it make? He's producing more oil than than any other president, yet you try to find a loophole in his success. You people are a joke! 1st you argue he's against the free market, then blame it on his success. Didn't bush you that same free market? Why wasn't he as successful? Here's the conservative logic,"lets block everything the president tries to accomplish & what he does accomplish we'll take credit for or flat out lie about it." 2 more yrs, bra 2 more yrs!
Technological advancments thanks to the free market, not any president ,is responsible for the increased oil production. Oil production from federal land is down, the land obama has control over.

“obamabot livs”

Location hidden

#862527 Feb 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
less than 900 miles to Vancouver.
Over 2200 miles to Houston.
I know its a shocker but they have a highway running across Canada. No sh*t. Right through those high mountains.
They are looking at this XL only because the Canadians told them no.
How many American farmers & ranchers could have their homesteads taken by Imminent Domain so the Canadians can sell they dirty pretend oil?
Dirty pretend oil? What does that even mean? Is it used for gasoline or not?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#862528 Feb 21, 2013
Nj raider 1 wrote:
Btw, only a serious obamabot thinks he had produced even a drop of oil.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#862529 Feb 21, 2013
Oil production in the u.s. has increased only because it has become profitable to do so. If it were up to the loony left, oil production would not be profitable.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#862530 Feb 21, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Canadians have been operating pipelines through the US for years and there have been maintenance problems, leaks, you name name it. Michigan is currently at odds with Canada's Enbridge.
Obama wants to block energy projects so that he can fund boondoggle solar non-energy projects and put more people on unemployment.

Lord Obama so loves the poor that he makes more of them.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#862531 Feb 21, 2013
Another Boy Messiah sucker bites the dust.

Huff Post - Jesse Jackson Jr. Pleads Guilty Along With Wife Sandi In Court Appearance: http://tinyurl.com/abkoy2n

Huff Post - Jesse Jackson Jr. Spending: 17 Things Ex-Congressman, Wife Bought With Campaign Cash (PHOTOS): http://tinyurl.com/aexsfqu

Like his father, Rainbow Racist Pig Extortionist Jesse Jackson, Sr., he tried to fleece the sheep but got caught sodomizing instead. The Poop doesn't fall far from the Poopchute, as they say.

Note: He's crying. This is because he got caught and not because he's sorry. Recall how Rainbow Racist Pig Extortionist Jesse Jackson, Sr. got caught financing a million dollar home and a hideaway love-child in Southern CA a few years ago? Did you donate to his causes, too? Sucker.

And, today, that same Rainbow Racist Pig Extortionist Jesse Jackson, Sr. calls on the Boy Messiah to use America's private pension funds to help finance a plan to help his "poor" people.

Brother Kwame's raping of Detroit is fast becoming emblematic of the Boy Messiah's activities and that of his Jesse Sharpton crowd.

Lapeer, MI

#862532 Feb 21, 2013
Waxman wrote:
Greece:
- Workers have walked off the job in a nationwide, general strike to protest, well, everything really. Theyíre rioting in the streets of Athens, again.
That's a strange twist, isn't it? Idiots protesting against the actions of their own stupidity and, further, demanding that someone else fix it. Truth is stranger than fiction any day of the European week.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#862533 Feb 21, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You did indeed say rate__my bad. Still it was just fun with numbers on your part for WVA came in way down the list in the "total" department.
During the Vietnam era many of West Virginia's "of age" young men could not score high enough on the AFQT to be considered for military service. Matter of fact, not just WVA but all areas served by VISTA, E. KY, SW. VA, NE. TN.
One had to be halfway literate to score a 59 on the AFQT.
So now tell us how many of the 58,000 plus dead were from West VA?
Never heard of a single person rejected for service other than the obviously mentally retarded, and not all of them.

Some draft boards with high percentages of college students were so desperate to meet their quotas that anybody was accepted.

Lapeer, MI

#862534 Feb 21, 2013
Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> What difference does it make ? America produces more oil under President Obama than any other president & is on course to becoming energy independent in Americas short future. See Real Dave, these bitches have to find something to bytch about, & when they're proven to look like idiots, they move on to more ignorance. When you list all of Obama's accomplishments they respond with insults. We have less than 2yrs for the president to finally have things his way (majority in both house & senate). Then you hater can begin to assess his legend, & please dont bring up the 6 months he had a majority in his 1 term. We all know little can happen in 6 months not too mention he was pushing the healthcare bill.
I'm waiting......!!!!

C'mon, boy,......start Bush-Bashing!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#862535 Feb 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
People working part time in a place that can't afford to offer real health insurance are going to be able to pay a $20,000 hospital bill.
Any of them that are 26 or younger are covered by their parents' insurance. If they are still working minimum wage jobs after age 26, then they are losers.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#862536 Feb 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that this stuff from Canada isn't really oil, right?
Really?

What is it?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#862537 Feb 21, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Movement Conservatives Are Far Too Eager to Cheer On Their Politicians
Conor Friedersdorf pours scorn on Jim DeMintís apologia for Ted Cruz:
What a load of premature hype. The leaders of movement conservatism are constantly doing this: They decide on a champion, be it George W. Bush or Rick Perry or Marco Rubio or Ted Cruz, and extol their manifold virtues in the most absurdly exaggerated ways imaginable.
Conorís observation about bad movement conservative habits is correct. There is a tendency to build up new or obscure Republican politicians, invest them with all sorts of qualities that they may or may not possess, and turn them into minor cult figures. Then when the object of the cult comes under criticism for something he does or says, the common response is not to judge the criticism on the merits, but to rally around the cult figure and profess loyalty to him all the more for having endured the attacks. To put it mildly, this is not a healthy way to relate to political leaders. It encourages fawning admiration and blindness to politiciansí weaknesses, and that in turn undermines accountability and enables politicians to promote policies that even their own admirers may find undesirable. Movement conservatives are too eager to cheer on politicians from their own side and donít do nearly enough to hold them accountable. The praise that is being heaped on Cruz in recent weeks is one of the more annoying examples of this.
In this case, DeMintís defense of Cruz is worse than this because he pretends not to understand why Cruz is come under so much scrutiny so early in his first few months in office. The problem that most of his critics have with him isnít that he has become a reliable no vote on many pieces of legislation or even that he opposes the nominations Kerry and Hagel. I think opposing Hagelís nomination on the basis of hard-line ideological litmus tests is extremely foolish and mistaken, but Cruz is entitled to oppose any nominee he wants. It is the manifestly unscrupulous, dishonest manner in which he has chosen to oppose Hagel that grates on people.
If he had simply been asking ďpointed questions,Ē he wouldnít have been singled out for so much criticism because he would have been no different from his Republican colleagues. Instead, he chose to put forward false or misleading information about Hagel, accused him of believing things that he didnít believe by distorting evidence, and generally conducted himself as an obnoxious demagogue angling for the spotlight. Cruz may have promised to be uncompromising, but Iím reasonably sure he didnít promise to be dishonest. DeMintís argument is that Cruz should receive political benefits from his grandstanding but not have to pay any price for it.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
Cruz is a threat to the Democrats, hence must be attacked by their puppets at the falsely named blog.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#862538 Feb 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
less than 900 miles to Vancouver.
Over 2200 miles to Houston.
I know its a shocker but they have a highway running across Canada. No sh*t. Right through those high mountains.
They are looking at this XL only because the Canadians told them no.
How many American farmers & ranchers could have their homesteads taken by Imminent Domain so the Canadians can sell they dirty pretend oil?
How does it help US energy security if Canada ships its oil to China?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#862540 Feb 21, 2013
Nj raider 1 wrote:
Obama's only "accomplishment" is Obamacare, which will become a disaster.
Nj raider 1

United States

#862541 Feb 21, 2013
marlowe44 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's where you're mistaken, Obama has absolutely nothing to do with our increased oil production, on the contrary he has kept millions of acres of federal land off limits.
But, prove me wrong, show where Obama has anything to do with increasing our production.
It's in spite of Obama, not because of him.
If what you are saying is remotely true, the same can be said about the deficit & debt, right? Giving the fact that the President has no control over the purse strings & the republican controlled house has full control over the purse strings, one can make the same assertion right? If thats the case, why do ya'll call it Obama's gov't & blame him for the debt amassed under a republican held house? Can't have it both ways!
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#862543 Feb 21, 2013
Still a reichtard circle jerk on here, led by No life Nobraina and dimwitted electron.
BTW, approval for the GOP hits all time low.
2014 is right around the corner.
Keep whining!
Stay stupid!
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#862545 Feb 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's only "accomplishment" is Obamacare, which will become a disaster.
Then why are so many GOP Governors facing re election suddenly jumping on the Obamacare bandwagon, huh?
Your track record for predictions coming true sucks.

“We ain't GOT no problems”

Since: Feb 13

dilbertville USA

#862546 Feb 21, 2013
COPIED FROM ANOTHER POSTER:

If You Have ever Wondered What's Wrong in the United States These days;
READ THIS ONE PRINTED IN THE BEAUFORT N. C. PAPER FROM A "TRUE DEMOCRAT"
THEN WONDER "NO MORE"!!

There are NO words to describe this ... seriously...absoltely none!
ROTF!!!!

(Editor's note: The following Letter to the Editor, published in the Jan. 23 edition, has gone viral on the Web after a reader linked it to a Fox News Facebook page. It had received more than 4,000 comments and been shared more than 12,000 times by Tuesday morning.)
I have brought this here for your enjoyment and some explanations if any. Here is the entire text of the news clipping in article format. I will also post the image.
It is listed under the "More Modern Way Of Living" section.

Beaufort, N.C.
Jan. 17, 2013
TO THE EDITOR:
Republicans and "so-called" conservatives are at it again. They are claiming that the constitution gives people the right to have guns without the permission of the government. If that were true then how could New York and Chicago have laws against it?

We democrats are sick and tired of republicans constantly using the constitution to cover up their true plans, which are to make us all afraid of everyone else.

Our great president came from a civilized part of the country where there is strict gun control, and he is only trying to bring the benefits of that more modern way of living to the rest of us. I don't know the exact statistics, but I'm quite certain that Chicago is a lot safer that Morehead city, when it comes to gun violence.

But do Republicans and conservatives listen to the voice of reason?

No, Of course not. All they want to do is whine and complain about how gun control and wealth redistribution violate the constitution, as if the constitution were all that great, anyway. There are a lot of things that need to be changed about the constitution, I'd say, and president Obama needs to change it.

The Republicans are just trying to stand in the way, because the president is black. They even dared to question whether he was born in this country.

I think all this demonstrates that the constitution needs to be amended when it comes to the qualifications for being president.

Right now it says that a person has to be 35 years old and be a natural born citizen. Well, that is obviously unfair because there are a great many otherwise qualified people who cannot run for president because their mothers had to have a C section. But because the constitution was written a hundred years ago nobody even thought of the discrimination that would result from a doctor having to deliver a baby in this unnatural way.

Now that we Democrats are in control of the government, that's just one more thing we should change in our drive to make life fair.

Please withhold my name because I don't want to get crank calls.
PROUD TO BE A DEMOCRAT.

There are several sources, here's one:
WARNING! PUT DOWN THE COFFEE BEFORE READING THIS ARTICLE!
http://thenewstalkers.com/forum/topics/how-sm...
``````````

This absolutely SHOWS the mindset of liberals. No knowledge of History OR the Constitution! Therefore being pegged MORONS/libTARDS is hitting the so called 'nail-on-the-head'!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 37 min cpeter1313 306,613
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 46 min litesong 48,606
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Go go dancer 19,490
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 12 hr TRD 68,802
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 16 hr Eric 70,629
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) Wed JosephA214 9
"OX" cover band from the 70s. (Oct '10) Wed boogie 11
Hartford Dating
Find my Match

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hartford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hartford

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]