Stafford Teen Fatally Injured In Car ...

Stafford Teen Fatally Injured In Car Crash

There are 19 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Mar 12, 2008, titled Stafford Teen Fatally Injured In Car Crash. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

A 19-year-old from Stafford was fatally injured early this morning when the car he was driving crashed into a tree on Route 171, state police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Fred

Rocky Hill, CT

#1 Mar 12, 2008
Unfortunately it seems like we are getting stories like this on a weekly basis lately.
CT Parent

Broad Brook, CT

#4 Mar 12, 2008
I'm sorry sorry about this young man. I can't imagine what his family is going through.
It seems like we hear these stories weekly.
Maynard

AOL

#5 Mar 12, 2008
Michelle wrote:
On a different note, wow, another young life...will they ever learn that cars are weapons when not used properly?
So many deadly accidents involving teens...so many families and friends in pain.
It's not just young people, I don't think society as whole realizes how dangerous cars are.

We spend alot of time worrying about crime, guns, terrorism, infectious disease, etc., etc.,(and probably righty so); but very few seem to realize that the monsters living in our own garages are much more likely to kill one of their loved ones than any of those other scary things.
Alison

East Hartford, CT

#6 Mar 12, 2008
Pete and family,
My thoughts are with you at this most difficult time in your lives. I know words must mean nothing right now but know you have more support than you ever knew you would.
Alison
Less Than Sympathetic

Wallingford, CT

#7 Mar 12, 2008
Fred wrote:
Unfortunately it seems like we are getting stories like this on a weekly basis lately.
Not because this stuff is more common now... it's just the story du jour. After the Cheshire home invasion, every robbery thereafter made headlines. After the bridge collapse in Minnesota, all people could talk about were bridges. The teen driving thing became big after the Bristol crash, and now it's like the Courant has a political agenda to inundate everyone with every teen-related car crash until they pass a law banning teen drivers.
Emily From CFT

Hartford, CT

#8 Mar 12, 2008
The sky open up and rains downs upon us just to show that there is not one dry eye any where from any one who actually knew rich, who will always be missed, remembered, and loved =,(
SARS

Brighton, MA

#9 Mar 12, 2008
Clearly raising the driving age as some have suggested would not have stopped this unfortunate accident.
bookem dan-o

Hartford, CT

#10 Mar 12, 2008
if this guy was twenty, would it have made a headline...

“Common sense isn't that common”

Since: Feb 08

Durham, CT

#11 Mar 12, 2008
And we have kids being suspended from school for Skittles sales/purchase. WOW!

I'm sure he will be missed - RIP.
VfV

East Hartford, CT

#12 Mar 12, 2008
Fred wrote:
Weekly? Try daily, literally.
Saddened

New Britain, CT

#13 Mar 12, 2008
Another young life lost, another family devastated. Are these accidents more frequent now or is the media just exploiting the stories more?
oh forget it

AOL

#14 Mar 12, 2008
bookem dan-o wrote:
if this guy was twenty, would it have made a headline...
or if he was driving a Taurus Wagon would they have bothered to print that?
Get Real

Granby, CT

#15 Mar 12, 2008
So sad.
John Brozek

West Chester, OH

#16 Mar 12, 2008
Richard, You were like a brother to me. going to daycare in third grade, summer camp during the summers, cheney tech for high school, and unoh for college. man did we have good times... Remember the electric drum set? haha so long ago... but you know i loved you. and still do. its way too hard to believe this. it cant be true. cindy and pete you are amazing parents. and travis you know your a good kid and i really want to see you succeed in a good life. its hard to deal with this and is going to be forever but im here for all of you. i love you all.
Julie

Ridgefield, CT

#17 Mar 12, 2008
Someone died and all you people seem to care about is oh another statistic. Oh he must have been going fast or driving wrecklessly. Rich was a really good kid. What if this was your child, your brother, your best friend? You should think twice before you post stuff like that, especially if you don't even know the person.

RIP Rich. You will be sorely missed.
Sandra

Ridgefield, CT

#18 Mar 12, 2008
Michelle wrote:
Ehhhm, "fatally injured" means dead. Why not get to the point of this 4-sentence "story"?
On a different note, wow, another young life...will they ever learn that cars are weapons when not used properly?
So many deadly accidents involving teens...so many families and friends in pain. Sad...what's even sadder is that it's avoidable...
Maybe people don't want to hear the word dead when it comes to their child or their brother. Maybe it's easier to say fatally injured. Who are you to say that a newspaper of all places should declare that fact. You should also realize that not all teenagers drive like idiots. Rich was a responsible adult and you don't know the circumstances that the accident was under so I recommend you hold your judgement. If Rich was driving like an idiot then yes this would have been avoidable, but he was not. He is a good honest and amazig peron. He deserves better treatment than what you're giving him.
Tony From CFT

Hartford, CT

#19 Mar 12, 2008
Emily From CFT wrote:
The sky open up and rains downs upon us just to show that there is not one dry eye any where from any one who actually knew rich, who will always be missed, remembered, and loved =,(
I only knew rich for about 3 years but news off his sudden passing has brought tears to my eyes LOVE YOU RICH my MAN
Kevin Caldon

Winsted, CT

#21 Mar 13, 2008
Rich man u will be missed and 2 travis man my heart is with u and ur Family....does anybody know when the wake is?
Miranda From CFT

Fishs Eddy, NY

#22 Mar 13, 2008
the wake is at 9 until 10.30 at introvigne funeral home and then after theres the mass at st.edwards church at 11. on saturday march 15

Rip Rich you'll alway be in our hearts...
i love you Rich!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min No Surprize 1,684,407
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 min Bruddah Z 326,610
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sat Fitius T Bluster 21,382
News Boulder, Colo., police regain lead role in JonB... (Feb '09) Thu Let It Snow 1,671
NAACP For Who? Jan 17 three blocks 1
NAACP For Who? Jan 17 three blocks 1
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) Jan 17 Ken 89

Hartford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hartford Mortgages