Ebay Exodus: Why Are Thousands of Sellers Leaving Ebay?

Posted in the Hartford Forum

FormerEbayer

Quinlan, TX

#1 Jun 1, 2013
A mass departure of angry, dissatisfied sellers has begun due to bad ebay policies that are adversely impacting their sales. The policies range from illegal 21-day holds by ebay on sellers' Paypal accounts, to fee hikes slapped on sellers due to low DSR ratings. Threads on ebay Discussion Boards, blogs on Twitter and posts on ecommerce news sites by departing ebay sellers reveal horror stories of bad experiences.
NetSeller

Euless, TX

#2 Jun 1, 2013
I left there sometime back and started listing items on Bonanza, Addoway and www.hulobu.com
TrueStory

Bedford, TX

#3 Jun 9, 2013
There's a new blog on WordPress about the situation at ebay. Here's the link; ebayhorrorstories.wordpress.com
Spotlight

United States

#4 Jun 15, 2013
Ina Steiner at eCommercebytes.com has written a number of good articles about problems at ebay.
OnlineWatch

Dallas, TX

#5 Jun 17, 2013
Spotlight wrote:
Ina Steiner at eCommercebytes.com has written a number of good articles about problems at ebay.
Yes she does. Very informative articles.
FormerEbayMom

Plano, TX

#6 Jun 20, 2013
I got so frustrated with ebay that I've switched to local consignment shops and having yard sales. I can put the kiddos outside to help with the yard sale.
WorldMarket

Lake Dallas, TX

#7 Jun 22, 2013
Wonder how this whole Global Shipping Program ebay started will work out for ebay sellers? Surely ebay won't let their hardworking sellers take hits for mistakes that their third party shipper Pitney-Bowes might make. Or will they?
FormerEbayer

United States

#8 Jul 4, 2013
Ebay's flawed DSR system is also driving many small sellers away because low DSR ratings left by buyers (even if by accident or if unjutified) impact them more severely and more quickly than they do high volume sellers.
Justice

Denton, TX

#9 Jul 16, 2013
FormerEbayer wrote:
Ebay's flawed DSR system is also driving many small sellers away because low DSR ratings left by buyers (even if by accident or if unjutified) impact them more severely and more quickly than they do high volume sellers.
Ebay got hit with an antitrust lawsuit over DSRs last year. Will be interesting to see how that goes in court.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min IBdaMann 51,451
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Grey Ghost 1,190,555
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 29 min Cold Front 69,114
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Namu Myoho Renge Kyo 19,633
Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) 22 hr sara 71
The Trial of Heather Specyalski (Mar '13) Sat cheryl 26
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Sat Pearl Jam 308,914
Hartford Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:38 am PST