Arrest In East Granby Stabbing -- Courant.com

Full story: Hartford Courant

A man from East Windsor has been arrested in the stabbing death of an 18-year-old at a popular teen hangout on the Metacomet Trail Saturday night, state police said.
Comments
81 - 100 of 156 Comments Last updated Nov 12, 2011
Skittles

Windsor Locks, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2007

Another Local wrote:
I'm thinking there are only two people who REALLY know what happened....wait...one
Never claimed to myself...just making the point that the "He was a Great kid" crap is often times bull
Paul knows what happened as do the two guys who were with them, I saw one of them at court yesterday and the third one, from what i've heard, goes by the name "bigz" so there is 3, plus the 4 friends that were there with Jensen, one of them I saw tonight at the the wake.
New to Town

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2007

Skittles,
Sounds like you were pretty close to Chris & Paul. I'm sorry for everything you, you friends & your families must be going through. This is an awful tragedy & it sucks that things like this have to happen to people so young - regardless of whether they drink or smoke or hang out in the woods or drive their cars too fast... no matter how you spin it, a young man died.

I didn't know anyone in the woods that night, but I live in that neighborhood & I'm having a hard time processing this so I can't even imagine what you must be feeling. My heart goes out to you.

Since: Jul 07

Storrs

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

minderaser wrote:
<quoted text>are you retarded?
how the hell are we supposed to get knives of the street? we cant even keep the guns off the street. i am almost speechless your post has yto be the most ridiculous thing ive read in years."the safe handling of a knife from a certified instructor"
you have got to be joking.
so lets say you and i got into a fight. now i used to have a knife but some crazy law was passed to keep me from carrying that knife. so i pick up a nice rock and split your skull open from end to end. should we ban rocks? do i need to be instructed on how to properly use a rock? cmon now. when i was a kid knives with a blade longer than four fingers was illegal. the funny thing was almost every one of us had a big knife. you can create new laws but they are worth as much as your post if no one obeys them.
Wow! That is unbelievable that you are ignorant to the obvious irony and sarcasm that was entwined within the "anti-knife" post. It was a well-written post (the first one, if I remember), in which the author parodies the fallacies of the "blame the murder weapon" (usually a gun) mentality. You really need to brush up on your critical reading skills dude!
The Rifleman

Norwich, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

ded172 wrote:
<quoted text>
wow, it is apparently now the duty of town recreation departments to prevent murders. So many of us have strayed so far from the mentality of individuals being resposible for themselves. It is so ingrained in many of us that it is second nature. Really, what does one say to a comment like this?
What do the kids in Storrs do for fun; tip cows and play with the sheep. Let's face it someone has to supervise theze kids or incidents like this happen. They are well known in their communities as trouble makers so they to other towns to partake in mischief. This time they did not get away Scott-free and got busted.
Local Resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

I live about 5 minutes from Spoonville.
I've walked the Metacomet Trail many times.
I know people who where at that party that night... and people who fled.

According to them, the rumor was that this instance involved drugs. Supposedly tension between these two boys was rising, and it ended here. It had nothing to do with any East Granby residents, except for the fact that they were there and fled the scene.
Helicopters were scanning the ground of the area with lights (and possibly heat sensors), supposedly, to find anyone still there.

I heard only the boy's friend from WL stayed with him... everyone else left. That truly saddens me.

I'd like to know why the E.G. Police Dept. doesnt patrol this place often during the weekends, especially since this has been known as a hot spot since the 70's according to one poster. Granby has quite a few party spots (such as Broad Hill) that are now patrolled by the Granby Police a lot. However, its only EG and Granby kid, so nothing ever got out of hand. Sounds like a lack of the law and the parent's duty to stay on top of their kids.

I wish this boys family peace during this time, they have my deepest condolences.
Get Real

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

Local Resident wrote:
I live about 5 minutes from Spoonville.
I've walked the Metacomet Trail many times.
I know people who where at that party that night... and people who fled.
According to them, the rumor was that this instance involved drugs. Supposedly tension between these two boys was rising, and it ended here. It had nothing to do with any East Granby residents, except for the fact that they were there and fled the scene.
Helicopters were scanning the ground of the area with lights (and possibly heat sensors), supposedly, to find anyone still there.
I heard only the boy's friend from WL stayed with him... everyone else left. That truly saddens me.
I'd like to know why the E.G. Police Dept. doesnt patrol this place often during the weekends, especially since this has been known as a hot spot since the 70's according to one poster. Granby has quite a few party spots (such as Broad Hill) that are now patrolled by the Granby Police a lot. However, its only EG and Granby kid, so nothing ever got out of hand. Sounds like a lack of the law and the parent's duty to stay on top of their kids.
I wish this boys family peace during this time, they have my deepest condolences.
EG does not have a police dept...they have 1 resident trooper basically. Weekend coverage-as it were- is by Troop H.(unless something happens).
Crookville

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

a drug deal in East Granby, I dont believe it!
freind of jensen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2007

Are you all morons this was a freak thing had nothing to do with towns one kid had said some thing to another a fight broke out Paul got beat up hurt his feelings and he started stabbing you people think kids go around checking were people are from before they fight?

Since: Jul 07

Storrs

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2007

The Rifleman wrote:
<quoted text>What do the kids in Storrs do for fun; tip cows and play with the sheep. Let's face it someone has to supervise theze kids or incidents like this happen. They are well known in their communities as trouble makers so they to other towns to partake in mischief. This time they did not get away Scott-free and got busted.
I am from the Storrs area my whole life and I have never "tipped cows or played with sheep". I think the smug kind of hyperbolic generalizations that people make in this regard do not match up with reality.

You may have a point when you discuss well-known trouble-makers branching out into other towns. However, where you lose me is when you try to ascribe to the government the responsibility for keeping individuals entertained and "out of trouble". As long as there are human beings there will always be SOME criminal amd seamy portion of society. We should try to catch, convict, punish, and even, yes, strive to understand. But don't be naive enough to think that all deviant acts can be prevented with a wave of your hand and a town-sponsored recreational activity.
CrookVille

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2007

freind of jensen wrote:
Are you all morons this was a freak thing had nothing to do with towns one kid had said some thing to another a fight broke out Paul got beat up hurt his feelings and he started stabbing you people think kids go around checking were people are from before they fight?
can you please use a comma, period, or atleast a exclamation point?
hijklmnop

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2007

Annonymous wrote:
This is unbelieveable. I went to school with the guy who did this. He was always in trouble and had a terrible temper, he dropped out of high school early as I recall. Im just so sorry this happened. I didnt know this Jenson boy, but Im sure he didnt deserve this.
yes, but when was the last time you saw or even heard from him? He could have changed, but all you people care about is the fact that you knew him and the bad things that he had done. Thats what the world revolves around today!
qrstuvwxyz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2007

Skittles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Paul was from suffield until he moved to windsor locks, and he has lived in enfield and currently lives in East Windsor, Paul hasn't lived in Suffield in quite a while. If you know paul so great then you know he dealt drugs and you know he goes after people who owe him money because I know people he has gone after. Like I said before I know Paul personally and grew up with him and unless you are part of the family you probably do not know more than I do right now so don't say we don't know what is going on.
yah so your saying to that you dont know wat the real deal is with paul either. i've been close with him and his girlfriend ever since elementary school. paul did get in to trouble as a kid but who doesnt. he had a kid of his own on the way so what makes you think he would do something like this on purpose? you've got to be f*%$ing dum to think that anyone would purposely F*%@ up his life. i talked to him shortly after this happened and i have never seen the kid so shook up in his before. i dont know who you pleople think you are going around talking sh*t about someone you dont even know. Yah i feel bad for Chris and his family and friends but he could of prevented this too. unless you werent there and part of the fight or watching it ( which is messed up if you were and didnt try to stop it) then i think everyone should just keep their mouths shut.
hijklmnop

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2007

Skittles wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Chris was not a saint. Chris did drink and party, all anyone has to do is look at his myspace page to know that. But Chris was not a fighter, Chris would not have started any crap with Paulie. And Chris sure as hell didn't go harass people in the woods and then murder them.
no but maybe chris's friends did. you need to shut the f*** up! your not family, I am.
friend

Suffield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2007

qrstuvwxyz wrote:
<quoted text>
yah so your saying to that you dont know wat the real deal is with paul either. i've been close with him and his girlfriend ever since elementary school. paul did get in to trouble as a kid but who doesnt. he had a kid of his own on the way so what makes you think he would do something like this on purpose? you've got to be f*%$ing dum to think that anyone would purposely F*%@ up his life. i talked to him shortly after this happened and i have never seen the kid so shook up in his before. i dont know who you pleople think you are going around talking sh*t about someone you dont even know. Yah i feel bad for Chris and his family and friends but he could of prevented this too. unless you werent there and part of the fight or watching it ( which is messed up if you were and didnt try to stop it) then i think everyone should just keep their mouths shut.
Thanks Im his sister and I agree....
East Granby HS Freshman

East Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2007

it is a hang out for EG kids only and if those stupid kids from other towns would just get their own stupid places to party, then we wouldnt be in this mess in the first place. (by the way i am not saying that i like east granby...because i dont)
Skittles

Windsor Locks, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2007

qrstuvwxyz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ok so Paulie accidentally went into the woods with a knife and accidentally started harassing a bunch of kids. I don't believe Paulie went there with the intention to KILL chris, but he went there and he went there with a weapon, he had some intention, I don't believe it was as innocent as Paulie is making it sound. And were you there? Then you don't know what happened either. Its kind of hard to prevent someone from plunging a knife into you...The other kids there tried to prevent it that is why one was stabbed in the back of the head and the other has slices on their arm.

What elementary school did Paulie go do? If you have been close with them since elementary school tell me that. What street did he grow up on? I know that too because I practically lived with him.
Skittles

Windsor Locks, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2007

hijklmnop wrote:
<quoted text>
no but maybe chris's friends did. you need to shut the f*** up! your not family, I am.
Paul went to Chris's campsite and started harassing him. He went there with a weapon. If you are really Paul's family then I understand you wanting to defend him. But look at the facts. Chris is dead, and Paul is facing charges of attempted murder for stabbing chris's friends. How come Paulie and his friends are fine then if Chris and his friends started everything?
Skittles

Windsor Locks, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2007

friend wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks Im his sister and I agree....
Who's sister? Chris has 1 sister and Paul has a few.
Skittles

Windsor Locks, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2007

hijklmnop wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, but when was the last time you saw or even heard from him? He could have changed, but all you people care about is the fact that you knew him and the bad things that he had done. Thats what the world revolves around today!
Its not just the bad things he did when he was a kid, because when he was a kid he didn't do anything that bad, just normal things kids do but it was the lies he told to get out of trouble for doing them, and it is very similar to the lies he is telling today. He has done the worst things very recently. The things that makes you believe this wasn't an accident are the things he has done this past year.
Skittles

Windsor Locks, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2007

qrstuvwxyz, you said you talked to him shortly after this happened? Was this while he was waiting for the police to come take him away or was it while he was covered in blood and trying to say he got it from smashing in windows all night. Yes I know someone who saw him after it happened and that was Paul's excuse.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Hartford Forum right now

Search the Hartford Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Eman 1,082,284
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 27 min Samuel 18,582
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 30 min OnlyPatchWork 68,051
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 33 min truth-facts 45,839
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr The_Box 305,158
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr Eric 68,396
More Advice On Acura TL Transmission Failures A... (Apr '09) Sun boogie 273
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hartford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••