Pair Charged With Sexual Assault At Middletown High School

Full story: Hartford Courant

Lonzell Barnes and Reginald Allen were arrested on warrants on Jan. 5, charging each with first-degree sexual assault, conspiracy to commit first-degree sexual assault, first-degree unlawful restraint, ...
Comments
21 - 40 of 102 Comments Last updated Aug 26, 2013
smd

Roslindale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

LMHtfd wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think this was a rape because of the low bail. Talk to the males and they'll say they were "just playing". Obviously their victim didn't perceived it as fun. Many young males today don't even know what sex is supposed to be since all they see are people on TV and in movies getting so heated up that they become nonverbal, rip each others clothes off, make no concessions to birth control, and lose all sense of appropriate behavior. The objectifying rap videos don't help.
All we need to do now is wait for their friends to start posting and writing "you don't know them", "they're good kids", and the girl is "lying on them".
yeah there friends age going to say that .. you really dont know them. they both are my best friends and everyone around the school knows that girls reputation as a slut. yeah, im giving it that they prolly did touch her, but they didnt hold her down. the school video tapes didnt show them doing nothing. just walking. one got a damn family and the other turned around his life for the better. n it dont make no since if she put her number in his phone earlier cause she said she wanted to chill. but i know with all my heart that they would not do something like hold her down n "rape" her. she has had a different story with almost everyone she has told. they wouldnt do something like that especially with scholarships going their way. get to know all the facts and the person before u say shit like oh there going to jail n all that shit. fuck outa here!
Check yourself

West Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Judged:

Lady AJ,

I have a daughter at MHS who is an honor student, a member of a varsity sport and on student council. I take strong offense to your comments regarding the girls of the school.
Lady AJ Of Middletown wrote:
Lonzell and Reggie are VERY CLOSE friends of mines! Never in their LIFE would they rape or even ATTEMP to rape some 15yr old girl. People in MIDDLETOWN HIGH are ignorant and will do ANYTHING to see these two BLACK men fail. That girl is lying about this whole situation and needs to admit to it! Shes a slut like the rest of them girls in that skool! Lonzell and Reggie BOTH are talented, smart, handsome, and has a GREAT life ahead of them, and all Middletown High is TRYING to do is make their life HARDER then What it already is! Just like they TRIED to do with SHAMAR CARR! LEAVE MY BROTHERS ALONE! THEY ARE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY! I LOVE YOU GUYS AND KEEP YOUR HEAD UP! I WILL SEE YOU AND EVERYBODY ELSE AT TRIAL 2MARO!
~*Lady AJ*~
Scotwa

Killingworth, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Judged:

LMHtfd wrote:
<quoted text>
Parochial schools have always been an affordable alternative to private education for city residents who want better for their children. Unfortunately many are closing. Hartford, for example, only has two K-8 Catholic schools left.
And all you have to do in return is suffer your children being fed a load of nonsensical medieval dogma in place of an actual eduction.
Caj

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

As a Middletown taxpayer and a former parent,(2 MHS graduates) I am appauled at the lack of correct grammer and spelling that the students have posted on this site. One can only hope that the writting and grammer samples that appear on this site is not reflective of the "lack of quality education" at MHS.
Its unbelieveable how ignorant, and just damn stupid, these kids sound. It give hard working black parents-like myself and hard working black students who are really trying a really bad image. I would ask you guys to read what your classmates wrote on this site, but I am not sure you can!!!!!!!!!! READ

“Miss LMHtfd”

Since: May 08

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

smd wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, im giving it that they prolly did touch her, but they didnt hold her down.
Sexual assault is not necessarily rape. It also includes forcible touching of a sexual nature. It can be any number of things and you just admitted that they probably did that.

“Miss LMHtfd”

Since: May 08

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

JBC wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha. Nice try. Close though, very close.
I think it's real. Would you believe me if I told you I had also predicted "keep your head up" but deleted it?
wrong

Oxford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Judged:

This whole thing is being blown up. She is a liar and xavier/mercy parents need to stay out of this.It's very easy to say things when you just pay all that money to cover up the bad stuff that happens there. Middletown High has just as good Or even better academics then mercy or xavier.
middletown high student

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Judged:

I am a student at middletown high, and im sure that out of all the frustration and anger that many kids have because of the pathic 100 storys that this one girl is saying about the situation has them not focusing much on how there spelling, and it doesnt mean the teachers or staff, and older adults like youu (that just commented about how the kids are wrighting) are doing somthing wrong. Its not that serious and does mean that the kids are stupid if they spell a few words wrong, lets stay on th topic that you should be commenting about if your going to leave comments, you sound pathetic..and that you have nothing else to complain about.
jazz

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

woahh almost all the mercy girls are sluts and have sex all the time...&& almost all the boys at xaicer do drugs;; pills everythingg just because there at mercy and xaiver dont mean anything...yall just dont know how ur children act...public schoool is perfectly fine and not any worst than mercy and xaiver
mhsss

Oxford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Judged:

Well said jazz. If mercy and xavier feel better saying that since they pay all that money they think nothing bad happens then let them be. But i have friends who do bad things at xavier and mercy so what your saying parents of students a those great schools, rethink what you are saying.
mark

North Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Judged:

Keep in mind Reggie and Lonzell are innocent until proven guilty. There hearing has not happened yet the court case has not happened yet, the girl has only accused them of the crime.
And just because there black they have to listen to "gangsta rap" that's pretty ignorant.

Oh, and i did not realize that Mercy and Xavier students are angels.
cameo35

Bloomfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Lonzell and Reggie are VERY CLOSE friends of mines! Never in their LIFE would they rape or even ATTEMP to rape some 15yr old girl. People in MIDDLETOWN HIGH are ignorant and will do ANYTHING to see these two BLACK men fail. That girl is lying about this whole situation and needs to admit to it! Shes a slut like the rest of them girls in that skool! Lonzell and Reggie BOTH are talented, smart, handsome, and has a GREAT life ahead of them, and all Middletown High is TRYING to do is make their life HARDER then What it already is! Just like they TRIED to do with SHAMAR CARR! LEAVE MY BROTHERS ALONE! THEY ARE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY! I LOVE YOU GUYS AND KEEP YOUR HEAD UP! I WILL SEE YOU AND EVERYBODY ELSE AT TRIAL 2MARO!
~*Lady AJ*~
..........Does your school have cameras in the hallway??........Where were the school hallway securities??........Lady AJ ,maybe you could be right, we must look at the facts first.......If they are not guilty ,,the girl should be charged !.....
cameo35

Bloomfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

..........High schools should teach criminal law!...It's the sign of the times....These kids are living in a fantasy world of rap videos and X-Boxes. the believe nothing can hurt them, and they have nothing to fear , because nobody is coming after them!.........Teach them , put fear in them ,that the real world hurts.......break the law andyou will pay the price, no matter what age you are !!
cameo35

Bloomfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

middletown high student wrote:
I am a student at middletown high, and im sure that out of all the frustration and anger that many kids have because of the pathic 100 storys that this one girl is saying about the situation has them not focusing much on how there spelling, and it doesnt mean the teachers or staff, and older adults like youu (that just commented about how the kids are wrighting) are doing somthing wrong. Its not that serious and does mean that the kids are stupid if they spell a few words wrong, lets stay on th topic that you should be commenting about if your going to leave comments, you sound pathetic..and that you have nothing else to complain about.
..........Hey! you should be a lawyer !!......
Jon Aldieri

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Judged:

You can't possibly ask to be taken seriously when you are afraid to put even you're first name in the name box. Mercy and Xavier may teach the morals of Jesus, but they also shield students from what is real and prevalent in our society and that is diversity. Not just ethnic, but idealistic, religious and plain social diversity are not things you can teach in a class room. Grow up people. The situation sucks any way you put it. Stop wasting you're time complaining about you're freaking tax dollars. Public schools CANT kick out the troublemakers, so you CANT compare them to private schools.
Jon Aldieri

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

And rap is not the only type of music. Wake up
a3digitiq

Elmira, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Judged:

Future Obama voters!
Xavier Alumni

Klingerstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Judged:

~*Lady AJ*~
Can you translate that into English for the rest of us?
You truly are a testament to Middletown High ...ha ha ha
Jon Aldieri

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Judged:

Seriously xavier alum? Grow some. Comment on the story and provide us with your true opinion. You serve no one criticizing a person's willingness to spell correctly. And you make yourself look like a toolbox
KBG

Cambridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Judged:

i heard the girl gets around
lonzell and reggie are two young men who dont have a problem "getting laid" if you will.
and shes not that cute

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Hartford Forum right now

Search the Hartford Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min sonicfilter 1,084,125
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,452
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 min Chet Booswahnicki 18,608
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr SpaceBlues 45,905
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Nana4pali 68,064
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr Brian_G 305,182
The Trial of Heather Specyalski (Mar '13) Tue Cassie 22
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hartford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hartford People Search