Pair Charged With Sexual Assault At Middletown High School

Lonzell Barnes and Reginald Allen were arrested on warrants on Jan. 5, charging each with first-degree sexual assault, conspiracy to commit first-degree sexual assault, first-degree unlawful restraint, ... Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Chester the Molester

New London, CT

#1 Jan 14, 2009
I did'nt realize the new high school had a assault lounge
Do-Right

Andover, CT

#2 Jan 14, 2009
just for the "gang"-bangers
High School Parent

West Hartford, CT

#3 Jan 14, 2009
How quickly sk um bags like this are able to post bail. Off to jail they go.
Concerned Citizen

Clinton, CT

#4 Jan 14, 2009
Just starting adulthood and already they will have the stigma of "sex offender" following them for life. Too bad they didn't think about the consequences before their action. I don't feel a bit sorry for them. They deserve what they get for what they have done to this young girl, who will remember all of this for the rest of her life. Maybe once they are in prison, they will understand what this young girl went through.
Xavier Alumni

Old Lyme, CT

#5 Jan 14, 2009
This is just another reason to send your kids to Xavier and Mercy. Why chance it with the public schools anymore?
Osgood

Hartford, CT

#6 Jan 14, 2009
Concerned Citizen wrote:
Just starting adulthood and already they will have the stigma of "sex offender" following them for life. Too bad they didn't think about the consequences before their action. I don't feel a bit sorry for them. They deserve what they get for what they have done to this young girl, who will remember all of this for the rest of her life. Maybe once they are in prison, they will understand what this young girl went through.
that is some heavy stuff, bro
William III

Wethersfield, CT

#7 Jan 14, 2009
Looks like this case has been "rapped up".(get it? they're probably gangster rap fans)

“Miss LMHtfd”

Since: May 08

Hartford, CT

#8 Jan 14, 2009
Xavier Alumni wrote:
This is just another reason to send your kids to Xavier and Mercy. Why chance it with the public schools anymore?
Parochial schools have always been an affordable alternative to private education for city residents who want better for their children. Unfortunately many are closing. Hartford, for example, only has two K-8 Catholic schools left.

“Miss LMHtfd”

Since: May 08

Hartford, CT

#9 Jan 14, 2009
Concerned Citizen wrote:
I don't think this was a rape because of the low bail. Talk to the males and they'll say they were "just playing". Obviously their victim didn't perceived it as fun. Many young males today don't even know what sex is supposed to be since all they see are people on TV and in movies getting so heated up that they become nonverbal, rip each others clothes off, make no concessions to birth control, and lose all sense of appropriate behavior. The objectifying rap videos don't help.

All we need to do now is wait for their friends to start posting and writing "you don't know them", "they're good kids", and the girl is "lying on them".
Matthew

West Chicago, IL

#10 Jan 14, 2009
Chester the Molester wrote:
I did'nt realize the new high school had a assault lounge
Well the schools had to do SOMETHING with the old smokers' lounges, didn't they?
Captain Beefheart

East Hartford, CT

#11 Jan 14, 2009
William III wrote:
Looks like this case has been "rapped up".(get it? they're probably gangster rap fans)
Dude, that's freakin' hilarious!
What

West Hartford, CT

#12 Jan 14, 2009
Xavier Alumni wrote:
Wrong. Unfortunately, sexual assault can happen anywhere, regardless of who and where you are. And for the record, I know many successful and kind-hearted people (myself included) who derived from a public school education.
Typical

Northridge, CA

#13 Jan 14, 2009
Osgood wrote:
<quoted text>
that is some heavy stuff, bro
Heavy but all so true.
Lady AJ Of Middletown

Hopkinton, MA

#14 Jan 14, 2009
Lonzell and Reggie are VERY CLOSE friends of mines! Never in their LIFE would they rape or even ATTEMP to rape some 15yr old girl. People in MIDDLETOWN HIGH are ignorant and will do ANYTHING to see these two BLACK men fail. That girl is lying about this whole situation and needs to admit to it! Shes a slut like the rest of them girls in that skool! Lonzell and Reggie BOTH are talented, smart, handsome, and has a GREAT life ahead of them, and all Middletown High is TRYING to do is make their life HARDER then What it already is! Just like they TRIED to do with SHAMAR CARR! LEAVE MY BROTHERS ALONE! THEY ARE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY! I LOVE YOU GUYS AND KEEP YOUR HEAD UP! I WILL SEE YOU AND EVERYBODY ELSE AT TRIAL 2MARO!

~*Lady AJ*~
alrighty then

New York, NY

#15 Jan 14, 2009
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Unfortunately, sexual assault can happen anywhere, regardless of who and where you are. And for the record, I know many successful and kind-hearted people (myself included) who derived from a public school education.
Sorry, public schools=feral. Especially with the kids watching MTV all the time. yo yo sup?
Lady AJ Of Middletown

Hopkinton, MA

#17 Jan 14, 2009
High School Parent wrote:
How quickly sk um bags like this are able to post bail. Off to jail they go.
My brothers arent skum bags! So make sure you get the story right before coming out your mouth sideways!
Anonymous

Newington, CT

#18 Jan 14, 2009
Xavier Alumni wrote:
When I was at Middletown High, "Mercy girls" had a reputation for engaging in activities that would make the Pope blush, and Xavier students were known for having access to all sorts of illegal drugs.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that simply because they're Catholic schools, all the kids are from good families or have parents who care. The same problems that plague the suburban upper-middle and upper-class public schools plague Mercy and Xavier.
Heretic

Wallingford, CT

#19 Jan 14, 2009
Xavier Alumni wrote:
Of course it's the fault of the public schools. This couldn't possibly have ANYTHING to do with how those two men were raised.
JBC

Greenfield, MA

#21 Jan 14, 2009
Lady AJ Of Middletown wrote:
Lonzell and Reggie are VERY CLOSE friends of mines! Never in their LIFE would they rape or even ATTEMP to rape some 15yr old girl. People in MIDDLETOWN HIGH are ignorant and will do ANYTHING to see these two BLACK men fail. That girl is lying about this whole situation and needs to admit to it! Shes a slut like the rest of them girls in that skool! Lonzell and Reggie BOTH are talented, smart, handsome, and has a GREAT life ahead of them, and all Middletown High is TRYING to do is make their life HARDER then What it already is! Just like they TRIED to do with SHAMAR CARR! LEAVE MY BROTHERS ALONE! THEY ARE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY! I LOVE YOU GUYS AND KEEP YOUR HEAD UP! I WILL SEE YOU AND EVERYBODY ELSE AT TRIAL 2MARO!
~*Lady AJ*~
Ha. Nice try. Close though, very close.
fed up

Norwich, CT

#22 Jan 14, 2009
My sons have gone through Xavier High School. Of course, drugs, alcohol, and sex are prevelant in ANY school these days. But the difference between public and private schools are if you get caught with anything at Xavier, you're out. You go into the public school system. Where do you go from public school if you get kicked out? You don't go any where. You stay in public school or are home taught with a tutor that my tax dollars pay for. Private school is where you learn to be a responsible adult. I work hard for my money, therefore, I send my sons where they will get an education. My tax dollars are not well spent in the public sector.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Patriot 1,108,338
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 14 min Manbrahmos 19,194
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 37 min Ted Williams 46,551
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr TRD 68,460
Ryan Thompson Case (Feb '09) 8 hr jem 21
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 hr JOEL 69,320
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 hr godless by choice 305,545
•••
•••
•••

Hartford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••