Poll: Global Warming On Back Burner

Poll: Global Warming On Back Burner

There are 75 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Oct 21, 2008, titled Poll: Global Warming On Back Burner. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Just a sliver of voters say global warming is the most important issue they are weighing in deciding whom to support for president.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#1 Oct 21, 2008
Who cares if all the Arctic Ice melts. After his coronation Obama will show us all how to walk on water.
Curtis Lowe

Montgomery, AL

#2 Oct 21, 2008
There is no Global Warming. It is a scam. Alaska reported this month that their glaciers are thicker than they've been in over 100 years. It is all a bunch of liberal bullshit designed to cheat you out of your money.
Thank God

Old Lyme, CT

#3 Oct 21, 2008
Thank God that people are waking up and starting to realize that man made golbal warming is just plain old snake oil sold by the sleaziest politician in history...Al Gore.
Al Gore is invested in several private equity deals that will make him a Billionaire once Obama and Pelosi get the power to stuff the green agenda down taxpayers throats.
It's all about getting paid....that's the only green these charlatans care about.
If you don't believe me just check Al's carbon footprint for proof.

“Semper Fi”

Since: Sep 08

North Port, Fl

#4 Oct 21, 2008
Anyone who believes Man is causing the planet to warm is a complete fool. Go ahead and give the UN your money. This lie is designed for idiots like you to cough up the cash.
ct yankee

Berlin, CT

#5 Oct 21, 2008
If I prayed at all I would pray for all of you !

“Semper Fi”

Since: Sep 08

North Port, Fl

#6 Oct 21, 2008
ct yankee wrote:
If I prayed at all I would pray for all of you !
But since your an atheist democrat antiAmerican liberal, no one wants your prayers.
ct yankee

Berlin, CT

#7 Oct 21, 2008
Marc P wrote:
<quoted text> But since your an atheist democrat antiAmerican liberal, no one wants your prayers.
A great example on why the good old USA is in such a state. Some people just can't seem to be able to simply have a conversation with out name calling.
Urbanite

Plainville, CT

#8 Oct 21, 2008
May I ask where all of you are getting your scientific information?
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#9 Oct 21, 2008
Urbanite wrote:
May I ask where all of you are getting your scientific information?
You saying he doesn't walk on water? Watch it or you could be the next Joe the Plumber.
Don Krasky

South Windsor, CT

#10 Oct 21, 2008
Jeez Louise, how hard do you poor media people have to hype the junk science of global warming in order to get the masses to buy into it?
Tex

Houston, TX

#11 Oct 21, 2008
Curtis Lowe wrote:
There is no Global Warming. It is a scam. Alaska reported this month that their glaciers are thicker than they've been in over 100 years. It is all a bunch of liberal bullshit designed to cheat you out of your money.
Wrong. Look at the facts. Man-made climate change is real. We ignore it at our own peril:

"Arctic ice melting 'faster than predicted'"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml...

"Scientists at the University of Colorado-Boulder's National Snow and Ice Data Center said satellite pictures show a 160-square-mile portion of Antarctica's massive Wilkins Ice Shelf has begun to collapse because of rapid climate change in a fast-warming region of the continent."
http://www.upi.com/Science_News/2008/03/26/St...
Tex

Houston, TX

#12 Oct 21, 2008
Marc P wrote:
Anyone who believes Man is causing the planet to warm is a complete fool. Go ahead and give the UN your money. This lie is designed for idiots like you to cough up the cash.
You sound paranoid.

Proof that climate change is real and is caused, at least in part, by human activities:
http://www.eea.europa.eu/highlights/proof-of-...

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm...

http://www.thefinancialexpress-bd.info/search...

http://www.ipcc.ch/

“Semper Fi”

Since: Sep 08

North Port, Fl

#13 Oct 21, 2008
Tex wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound paranoid.
Proof that climate change is real and is caused, at least in part, by human activities:
http://www.eea.europa.eu/highlights/proof-of-...
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm...
http://www.thefinancialexpress-bd.info/search...
http://www.ipcc.ch/
Those arent fact, those are opinions. You can be as gullible as you want. Who changed the planets temp before man, the dinasaurs fart too much?
Alfred E Newman Esq

New Milford, CT

#14 Oct 21, 2008
Ah well, the scam has worked its magic. It will get Obama elected and he'll have other things to do with our money then support the hoax any longer. Besides, we won't have any money, so we won't need cars. And reading by the fireplace has always been a sentimental favorite. So I say it's a win/win. Since only China and Russia will have energy and money, they can handle the carbon credits for the rest of the world. Meanwhile,back in the 3rd world U.S.of A.,better button up your overcoat, comrade.
Tex

Houston, TX

#15 Oct 23, 2008
Marc P wrote:
<quoted text> Those arent fact, those are opinions. You can be as gullible as you want. Who changed the planets temp before man, the dinasaurs fart too much?
No, the IPCC report is based on research from the world's leading experts on climate science. If believing scientists who have devoted their entire careers to the subject makes me gullible, then so be it.

I don't want to believe tha facts any more than you do, but we can't make the problem go away by ignoring it.
eric

Marshfield, WI

#16 Oct 23, 2008
Global Warming isnt scaring enough people into Democrat votes so its put away for a while.

Iraq was the #1 issue until its proven America is winning the war in Iraq according to a majority of Americans but of course the liberal media will bury the good stuff in Iraq for fear of Republican votes.
Tex

Houston, TX

#17 Oct 23, 2008
eric wrote:
Global Warming isnt scaring enough people into Democrat votes so its put away for a while.
Iraq was the #1 issue until its proven America is winning the war in Iraq according to a majority of Americans but of course the liberal media will bury the good stuff in Iraq for fear of Republican votes.
Climate change isn't an issue in this election because both candidates propose plans to limit greenhouse gasses.

That's because neither candidate is a delusional idiot. Climate change policy is not about conservatives vs. liberals or Democrats vs. Republicans. It's about facing reality vs. wishful thinking.
Tsailor

United States

#18 Oct 23, 2008
Urbanite wrote:
May I ask where all of you are getting your scientific information?
One source would be the IARC-JAXA site on Arctic ice extent data. Not only did we not set a new minimum this year, the ice is rapidly recovering to the extent that as of today it is the highest ice extent for this date in 5 years. That does not in itself end all concern but we heard all summer from the NSIDC how dire the situation was. Have they said one word about the ice recovery? Check it out. I'll tell you though that as of today the answer is, NO.
Tsailor

United States

#19 Oct 23, 2008
Tex wrote:
<quoted text>

"Scientists at the University of Colorado-Boulder's National Snow and Ice Data Center said satellite pictures show a 160-square-mile portion of Antarctica's massive Wilkins Ice Shelf has begun to collapse because of rapid climate change in a fast-warming region of the continent."
http://www.upi.com/Science_News/2008/03/26/St...
Ah, yes! The seven month old news from the end of the last Antarctic summer with the "shocking" news that the northernmost and warmest part of Antarctica suffered a breakup of an ice shelf. Did you check out how it recovered during the winter months and what the prognosis is now?
Tsailor

United States

#21 Oct 23, 2008
Tex wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the IPCC report is based on research from the world's leading experts on climate science. If believing scientists who have devoted their entire careers to the subject makes me gullible, then so be it.
I don't want to believe tha facts any more than you do, but we can't make the problem go away by ignoring it.
Tex, please tell me that you know how many IPCC scientists actually signed on to the key finding that Global Warming is caused by human activity.

I can tell you right now it was not 2500. The number is somewhat less.(or fewer if your a stickler).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min John Galt 1,275,227
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Agents of Corruption 54,501
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Uzi 70,158
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Buffalojimmy 20,099
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 15 hr _Bad Axe 310,476
News More Advice On Acura TL Transmission Failures A... (Apr '09) Fri Verna x 290
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Thu Norbert of Norview 71,944
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hartford Mortgages