Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 316371 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

VoteVets Org

Chicago, IL

#321262 Jan 27, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
I was applying it to your argument, idiot.
<quoted text>
My reference to Descartes was related only to MY existence. YOU applied it to a fetus in a failed attempt to demonstrate a fetus does not exist. Then you claimed Descartes does NOT apply to a fetus. Want me to de-pants you on this forum by posting the exchange ? Mmmm ?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#321263 Jan 27, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>According to you, if it isn't human, and/or in somebody's uterus, it's 'less than', and serves only as a decoration to your life....'cuz it's just ALL about YOU....idn'it.
Women who call their fetuses 'babies' ARE generally emotionally attached to their fetuses....but 'normal' people don't arbitrarily attach their own emotions to the sexual and reproductive decisions ... or status.... of others.
Slobber emotional attachment all over your own fetus.
If it's not in your uterus, it's not in your purview.
Idn'it? Is that English?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#321264 Jan 27, 2014
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
The image of you hack coughing and digging two knuckles deep in your nasal cavity in between drags of your unfiltered Camel is an all time keeper.
The angry old bag is doin' it doin' it...pickin' her nose and chewin' it chewin' it...
Okay - you win the 'most childish idiot' award, for which I gave you stiff competition. Congratulations. You earned it.

Let's move on.

What is your position on the deliberate culling and killing / cryogenic arresting of the 'little humans' created in a lab for, but not used in, IVF procedures?

Shall we outlaw IVF too, or are petri dishes just not as much fun to control as a uterus???

As I recall, you have yet to take a position on much, beyond your obvious fear and loathing of women's personal risk-assessments, and the fact that men don't have the right to end a pregnancy.

Would you like to discuss the relative merits of allowing the human contents of hundreds of thousands of petri dishes to be casually tossed into biohazard bags, or sent to cryongenic hell on a daily basis.....because they weren't "good enough" to be implanted in a womb?

There are three times as many miscarriages, and three times as many live births, as there are abortions. When you figure out why you feel a need to ignore that, and insist that gestation be obligatory, when the sex was consensual, in a push to control the sexual and reproductive behavior of people other than yourself, get back to me.

Next...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321265 Jan 27, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Idn'it? Is that English?
Yes. A bastardized version of a contraction, to be sure, but common usage indicates its solid position in the lexicon.

Got any other questions about literary minutiae?

Or would you care to address my assertions that you are certain 'it's all about you', and that you couldn't possibly care any less about 'babies' once they are born....rather than attempting to deflect away from a serious rebuttal, with evidence to the contrary???

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#321266 Jan 27, 2014
It's not what she said, but it is basically true. You can call it a baby. You can also call it a goddamned bundle of cells. You can call it anything you want; it's colloquial speech. But the actual term is "fetus" as long as you are discussing medical matters like abortion and pregnancy.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Bitner, if you feel loving and compasionate toward it, you can call it a baby.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#321267 Jan 27, 2014
You brought up the axiom; it becomes part of the argument. BTW--even in your little world, you're wrong. There is no evidence you exist--your name could be used by a group of posters using the same sign-on.

BTW--MY argument was that it doesn't apply to any non-sentient thing, using the fetus as an example of how it doesn't apply.

You couldn't "pants" a 3rd-grader.
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
My reference to Descartes was related only to MY existence. YOU applied it to a fetus in a failed attempt to demonstrate a fetus does not exist. Then you claimed Descartes does NOT apply to a fetus. Want me to de-pants you on this forum by posting the exchange ? Mmmm ?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#321268 Jan 27, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. A bastardized version of a contraction, to be sure, but common usage indicates its solid position in the lexicon.
Got any other questions about literary minutiae?
Or would you care to address my assertions that you are certain 'it's all about you', and that you couldn't possibly care any less about 'babies' once they are born....rather than attempting to deflect away from a serious rebuttal, with evidence to the contrary???
If I cared to address any of your other stupid comments, I would have.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#321269 Jan 27, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
It's not what she said, but it is basically true. You can call it a baby. You can also call it a goddamned bundle of cells. You can call it anything you want; it's colloquial speech. But the actual term is "fetus" as long as you are discussing medical matters like abortion and pregnancy.
<quoted text>
It isn't possible to discuss a fetus or an abortion in strictly medical terms. It is too important an too emotional especially for mothers. It isn't just a fetus, it is in fact, someone's son or daughter and part of the human race. Abortion is legal and it isn't going to change but neither is the discomfort and aversion to it as more and more people are exposed to ultrasound imaging. Fewer doctors want to kill a preborn and eventually access will be limited strictly do to hearts changing and awareness of the little human in the uterus.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#321270 Jan 27, 2014
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear "John-KKK",
Have you intentionally killed your "inconvenient" elderly parents yet?
Ask inky if it was convenient for her to be a deathscort for her cat.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#321271 Jan 27, 2014
Lol... declarations from personal fantasy abound.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321272 Jan 27, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't possible to discuss a fetus or an abortion in strictly medical terms. It is too important an too emotional especially for mothers. It isn't just a fetus, it is in fact, someone's son or daughter and part of the human race. Abortion is legal and it isn't going to change but neither is the discomfort and aversion to it as more and more people are exposed to ultrasound imaging. Fewer doctors want to kill a preborn and eventually access will be limited strictly do to hearts changing and awareness of the little human in the uterus.
Women who want to be mothers aren't the ones getting elective abortions.

Women who want to be mothers, should still and always have the option to end an unwanted / unhealthy pregnancy, as should women who DON'T want to be mothers.

Your emotional attachment to fetuses not your own, notwithstanding.

Get over yourself. It's NOT all about you, or your 'discomfort and aversion'. It's about personal-risk assessment, self-determination, and self-defense, whether you are uncomfortable with how that plays out for individual women or not.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321273 Jan 27, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If I cared to address any of your other stupid comments, I would have.
If you could refute my assertions, you would have.

You cannot.

*shrug*
Ink

Havertown, PA

#321274 Jan 27, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>If you could refute my assertions, you would have.
You cannot.
*shrug*
I refute them. Not true.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#321275 Jan 27, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Women who want to be mothers aren't the ones getting elective abortions.
Women who want to be mothers, should still and always have the option to end an unwanted / unhealthy pregnancy, as should women who DON'T want to be mothers.
Your emotional attachment to fetuses not your own, notwithstanding.
Get over yourself. It's NOT all about you, or your 'discomfort and aversion'. It's about personal-risk assessment, self-determination, and self-defense, whether you are uncomfortable with how that plays out for individual women or not.
It's legal and probably always will be for mothers who want to kill their children but it is getting less popular.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#321276 Jan 27, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It's legal and probably always will be for mothers who want to kill their children but it is getting less popular.
Women who have abortions do it because they are NOT ready or DON'T want to be mothers for whatever reason. It's not for you to decide.

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#321277 Jan 27, 2014
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear "John-KKK",
Have you intentionally killed your "inconvenient" elderly parents yet?
Which has absolutely nothing to do with the situation.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#321278 Jan 27, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Still yapping about "children" when discussing fetuses, I see. Your silly stubbornness is getting in the way of you trying to make a point. Instead, you just come across as dumb.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#321279 Jan 27, 2014
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Women who have abortions do it because they are NOT ready or DON'T want to be mothers for whatever reason. It's not for you to decide.
Women who decided to kill their unborn children, did it on their own. I had nothing to do with it.

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#321280 Jan 27, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Women who decided to kill their unborn children, did it on their own. I had nothing to do with it.
A fetus is not a child, so "Unborn Children" doesn't apply.

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#321281 Jan 27, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>My son couldn't 'come back' so we (per his pre-death wishes) donated his organs and tissues to those who could use them. They got to stay, because of his generosity. This woman's organs won't be able to be of further use to anyone, as they've deteriorated too far, having been on a ventilator for several months. So, not only was she unusable as an incubator (since the fetus is now dead too,) but no-one at ALL can benefit from her body parts, after her death.
And they want to call this 'pro-life' behavior.
Aaaaarrrrggghhh.....
I'm sorry for your loss, not a playa 1965. Your son's donation was a beautiful gift to help others in need.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min EFoff 1,583,686
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 hr Agents of Corruption 63,948
News Developer Resubmits Plan In Wethersfield (Jun '08) Aug 20 Warning 44
News While Somers writes, her representatives work Aug 19 Lori Hopkins-Cava... 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Aug 19 Leftovers 21,051
News Boulder, Colo., police regain lead role in JonB... (Feb '09) Aug 16 Tex- 1,668
josie torres makeup was born a man & is a ts Aug 16 What 2

Hartford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hartford Mortgages