Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311926 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#321238 Jan 26, 2014
Oh, gee...MAY we?

It's impossible to diagnose when a fetus is "days away from viability", mostly because every fetus develops at its own rate and you can't test for standard viability in the womb.

It doesn't matter; her wishes for her life and treatment take precedent. Hopefully, this could escalate to a constitutional challenge; since the fetus wasn't viable or at the 24th week, state interest could not be imposed per RvW.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Do you realize how many declared "brain dead" a.k.a "vegetables" have come back?
Again, her wishes were made known while speaking about HER life not while being pregnant.
Question....if that womans baby was mere days away from being viable, do you think it would be wrong to keep her alive as an "incubator" leaving the baby a good chance at survival?
The rest of you are welcome to answer.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#321239 Jan 26, 2014
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
It certainly appears to me that they fear dying and meeting their god! According to "his" book I would not want to meet him either :) Wrathful, jealous, hateful, needs constant reinforcement with worship, reinvents himself when he fcks up, not fond of women. Spending eternity with a spoiled brat is not very appetizing.
These fundies preach about God this and God that, but show a surprising lack of faith on here.

And yeah, why would a being so powerful be filled with so many negative, human emotions, and need so much attention and back-patting?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#321240 Jan 26, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
These fundies preach about God this and God that, but show a surprising lack of faith on here.
And yeah, why would a being so powerful be filled with so many negative, human emotions, and need so much attention and back-patting?
A question I answered long ago - the Divine doesn't "need" anything. Certainly not the help of creation, in whatever endeavors it sets for itself.

It's bigger than that.

:)

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#321241 Jan 26, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> My baby began as a fertilized egg, so yes.
Go back to school. Take notes....we ALL began our lifes journey as a fertilized egg. I should get paid for all this tutoring.
You would get laughed out of a biology class if you claimed that a fertilized egg is the same as a baby in one.
My Womb My Choice

South Kent, CT

#321242 Jan 26, 2014
People are laughing at her now.
My Womb My Choice

South Kent, CT

#321243 Jan 26, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> The shoe fit?
She's full of sh*t?
<shrug> at least she's honest with herself.
When your in the confessional everyone outside hears "ah gagagagagaga spit clocked". Another happy priest!!
My Womb My Choice

South Kent, CT

#321244 Jan 26, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> My vajiner stinks and is covered with oozing sores so the priest asked the congregation to pray for me.
I was constipated, like really impacted and passing stinking gas so my priest offered to ream my ass till it popped. I was so happy I licked his reamer clean. Then I told my daughter she should die instead of ever getting an abortion.
Your sick and evil.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#321246 Jan 26, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> What wishes did the woman have that included being pregnant?
None.
Exactly.
So stop making sh*t up. This man didn't even want to give his wife a chance(let alone his developing child). She could have come out of the coma.
Dearest "Sassafrass," attempting to interject your personal moralistic outrage into this scenario is not only unbecoming, it's blatantly false, manipulative, and propagandistic.
The woman in question had previously stated her wishes--not to be kept alive by artificial means.
Period.
Her husband, trying to honor her wishes, was thwarted--for a while--by an ultra-conservative, religiously-motivated doctrine that places the life/wishes of a pregnant woman as being less important than the concerns for her "z-e-f."
As an EMT, this man clearly knew that his wife had sustained substantial brain damage due to lack of oxygen. Also, as an EMT, he knew perfectly well, that her oxygen deprivation was transferred to her unborn "z-e-f." The result of which being a "child" unable to live without artificial assistance.
Sometimes you've got to consider "quality" of life versus "quantity."

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#321247 Jan 26, 2014
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Dearest "Sassafrass," attempting to interject your personal moralistic outrage into this scenario is not only unbecoming, it's blatantly false, manipulative, and propagandistic.
The woman in question had previously stated her wishes--not to be kept alive by artificial means.
Period.
Her husband, trying to honor her wishes, was thwarted--for a while--by an ultra-conservative, religiously-motivated doctrine that places the life/wishes of a pregnant woman as being less important than the concerns for her "z-e-f."
As an EMT, this man clearly knew that his wife had sustained substantial brain damage due to lack of oxygen. Also, as an EMT, he knew perfectly well, that her oxygen deprivation was transferred to her unborn "z-e-f." The result of which being a "child" unable to live without artificial assistance.
They won't. They really just couldn't care any less, about 'quality' of life. They leave THAT part up to their so-called 'god' and the unwilling parents. It's quantity for these folks, and quality be damned....if you're pre-born, you're fine...if you're pre-school, you're fooked. Twas ever thus with these fetus-sniffing hypocrites.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#321249 Jan 27, 2014
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Period.
Ah...once again you succinctly state a very logical argument.
YTube

Marietta, GA

#321250 Jan 27, 2014

POPE Francis New Controversy --- BILLIONS to die.

http://youtu.be/bP__nMYqyjo

No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#321251 Jan 27, 2014
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Period.

Dear "John-KKK",

Have you intentionally killed your "inconvenient" elderly parents yet?
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#321252 Jan 27, 2014
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Period.
John-KKK: "He knew perfectly well, that her oxygen deprivation was transferred to her unborn 'z-e-f.' The result of which being a "child" unable to live without artificial assistance."

Um, what you call "perfect knowledge" is nothing more than intellectual dishonesty & pure uneducated speculation.

What were you saying about "false, manipulative, and propagandistic?"

You're default mode is ALWAYS to "kill inconveniences." It's how you roll.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#321253 Jan 27, 2014
My Womb My Choice wrote:
<quoted text>
When your in the confessional everyone outside hears "ah gagagagagaga spit clocked". Another happy priest!!
Dear Chicky,

The check you receive to put Twinkies & buscuits-n-gravy on your table is received from a Catholic organization that you willingly work for.

So, that happened..........
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#321254 Jan 27, 2014
My Womb My Choice wrote:
<quoted text>
Your sick and evil.
Chicky: "Your sick and evil."

Apostrophes are free.

Remedial English much?
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#321255 Jan 27, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You would get laughed out of a biology class if you claimed that a fertilized egg is the same as a baby in one.
Dear Elise,

You admit openly to intentionally killing your little "invconviences."

You also now work with the elderly.

John-KKK's elderly parents have become "inconveniences."

Don't be surprised if he contacts you in search of some "advice."

After all, you two think alike..........
Ink

Havertown, PA

#321256 Jan 27, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say "began", I didn't say "stage of life" and I didn't ask is it the beginning of "our lifes journey", or anything else.
I think it is you who needs to return to school and study both biology and English comprehension. Yes, a zygote or embryo is one stage of the process...
but is a blastocyst/zygote/embryo a "baby" at that moment?
According to Bitner, if you feel loving and compasionate toward it, you can call it a baby.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#321257 Jan 27, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Bitner, if you feel loving and compasionate toward it, you can call it a baby.
Nope, I did not say that. If you can't quote me correctly, don't bother.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#321258 Jan 27, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I did not say that. If you can't quote me correctly, don't bother.
Close enough.
VoteVets Org

Chicago, IL

#321259 Jan 27, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Asterisks be damned.
VoteVets.Org eats it.
Bet you eat your wet heaves too.
Euww.
Next...
The image of you hack coughing and digging two knuckles deep in your nasal cavity in between drags of your unfiltered Camel is an all time keeper.
The angry old bag is doin' it doin' it...pickin' her nose and chewin' it chewin' it...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min sonicfilter 1,433,967
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr New york 20,648
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 71,066
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Flirtz1484 61,523
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) 6 hr Stephanie 66
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Sep 28 rabbee yehoshooah... 72,039
News State child agency pulling wards from Durham sc... (May '07) Sep 16 Gerenarosa 43

Hartford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hartford Mortgages