Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,292
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#321159 Jan 24, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>If we ever needed incontrovertible proof that Texas views its women as nothing more than incubators, this was it. I hope against hope that Texas women give Wendy Davis a landslide victory to the Governor's chair this year...after this fiasco, if another Republiban wins that race, there will be no hope of meaningful citizenship for pregnant women in the State of Texas.
Unfortunately, it's not just Texas. IIRC, there are a dozen states that have the same laws on the books.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321160 Jan 24, 2014
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm doing good, Bitner :-). It's been in the single digits with this crazy weather and I'm really looking forward to Spring. I'm already thinking about what I want to plant in the garden. Definitely tomatoes and herbs.
Oh, fresh veggies. Yes, I'm looking forward to those as well. Still, it really gets too hot and humid in the summer for me here these days. The post-menopausal old bat doesn't like the heat :)

We've been lucky, though. Today was the coldest so far, and really 21 with a windchill of 9 is nothing compared to much of the country. We haven't even had any snow.

I feel so bad for everyone where the snow and cold are overwhelming. They just can't catch a break.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321161 Jan 24, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The hospital in question has already informed the family that the husband will be held responsible for the costs of her 'care' during the last few months...I don't think that's going to aid in the grieving process, do you?
No, it won't. And since it won't, he should go ahead and sue the hospital for the amount of the bill.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#321162 Jan 24, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The hospital in question has already informed the family that the husband will be held responsible for the costs of her 'care' during the last few months...I don't think that's going to aid in the grieving process, do you?
Personally, I think the hospital and the state should eat the cost.
Those Crazy Aliens

Winnipeg, Canada

#321163 Jan 24, 2014
Anyone who has the time to watch these, your input would be greatly appreciated!

New Extraordinary 2013 Alien UFO Documentary - Stan Romanek

http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

The Stan Romanek Story: Messages - UFO and Alien Contact

http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

Take your time and come back to post your thoughts.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#321164 Jan 24, 2014
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Personally, I think the hospital and the state should eat the cost.
So does most of America...but I'm sure Ink is fine with the father having to pay....according to her, he wanted to 'kill his child', after all...

But there are some folks who aren't going to let this family be further victimized by either this hospital, or the State. Enter the ACLU....in about 2 days, when some idiot decides 'before Monday' means "until Monday", and they milk the hospital bill for whatever ELSE they can smack this family around with....as of this post, her corpse is still on that vent.....

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321165 Jan 24, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, it's not just Texas. IIRC, there are a dozen states that have the same laws on the books.
Yep. Actually 13. Basically, these States vacate the wishes of the woman, in favor of their 'interest in the fetus', and mandate that her corpse becomes a flesh covered incubator regardless of her otherwise legal wills, DNR's, and the wishes of her surviving family. Talk about "small government"....

Sofa king creepy.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#321166 Jan 24, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>So does most of America...but I'm sure Ink is fine with the father having to pay....according to her, he wanted to 'kill his child', after all...
But there are some folks who aren't going to let this family be further victimized by either this hospital, or the State. Enter the ACLU....in about 2 days, when some idiot decides 'before Monday' means "until Monday", and they milk the hospital bill for whatever ELSE they can smack this family around with....as of this post, her corpse is still on that vent.....
Ink is just out for her own cause without ever thinking about the consequences and cruelty of a severely brain damaged baby being born. We'll see what happens Monday and hopefully this family can get their privacy back for grieving, healing, etc........

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321167 Jan 24, 2014
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Ink is just out for her own cause without ever thinking about the consequences and cruelty of a severely brain damaged baby being born. We'll see what happens Monday and hopefully this family can get their privacy back for grieving, healing, etc........
I'm betting Governor Goodhair weighs in on this before it's all said and done....he won't be able to resist.

If he endorses an appeal, even the Republican voters in the Texas Congressional races this year will be voting against Republicans...so the incumbents will be sent packing, and it'll be a new day in Texas.

One can but hope.....

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#321168 Jan 25, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. Actually 13. Basically, these States vacate the wishes of the woman, in favor of their 'interest in the fetus', and mandate that her corpse becomes a flesh covered incubator regardless of her otherwise legal wills, DNR's, and the wishes of her surviving family. Talk about "small government"....
Sofa king creepy.
I still pop on from time to time.
My sympathies for that poor family and what they're going through, it's incomprehensible. I couldn't imagine being the center of attention and being judged for something as controversial as this. Like they're not dealing with enough from losing a wife, a daughter, and obviously a planned pregnancy. If I understood correctly, ALL the family were in support of letting her go, and not one of the people that LOVED HER, went against the husband's wishes.
There's a time to fight, and then there's a time to let go.
I gave my husband the right to speak for me on my behalf when I can't. He knows what I would want. People should trust my husband, I gave him that right to act for me when I said "I do".
My wishes are not a secret. Turn me off. IF for some reason my mind is functioning to the point where that's not possible, and I do have minimum brain function, and able to do the basics (and according to some of you already, that's all I have anyways), then put me somewhere, don't come see, especially if my mind is that of a dependent child, and I don't know you or if I do, it's obvious I don't care too much. Go!. BUT because I got you for better or worse Hubby,,,, check on me once in a while, and make sure I'm not being abused. That's all. I want him to go live his life, find someone else, be happy, and enjoy what he has.
Out of curiosity, and only if you want to here, what are your wishes should something like this happens to you?
(I knocked on wood right after I wrote that)
And for God's sake people, don't let Chicky misquote me, get me banned to where her misquote is used as my final wishes, and her go to the supreme court with it. It would be just like her too.
No you're Honor, she completely said that if you can keep her alive, whether she feels pain or not, even with little or no brain function she would want that. I have the proof.... honest... here it is.....
Anyways.... thoughts?

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#321169 Jan 25, 2014
I wonder what Canada does in those situations. I don't even know..... something to google I guess.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#321170 Jan 25, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That type of comment, so common to her, is just one reason why I quit responding to Ink. The woman writes some very inane material.
All she did, was try and qualify a clearly insulting remark by NR.

Ink takes stupid to a new level.
VoteVets Org

New York, NY

#321171 Jan 25, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>And so will the rest of us.*shrug*
That's special.
Only Peter told me "don't". When that happens I'll set him straight.*scratches ass*
Your reference was shown to be ridiculous. Fetuses don't think.(Neither do plants, or rocks.) Guess they don't exist.
It wasn't my reference, it was Peter's.
Ridiculous right ?
The one and only thing necessary for you to see 'stupid' firsthand, is to read anything you type before you post it. Please do.
<quoted text>My argument still applies. You haven't proven you think, so you haven't proven you exist - according to Descartes' argument.
Try again?
Why? No need. You responded.
I am.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321173 Jan 25, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>I still pop on from time to time.
My sympathies for that poor family and what they're going through, it's incomprehensible. I couldn't imagine being the center of attention and being judged for something as controversial as this. Like they're not dealing with enough from losing a wife, a daughter, and obviously a planned pregnancy. If I understood correctly, ALL the family were in support of letting her go, and not one of the people that LOVED HER, went against the husband's wishes.
I gave my husband the right to speak for me on my behalf when I can't. He knows what I would want. People should trust my husband, I gave him that right to act for me when I said "I do".
My wishes are not a secret. Turn me off. IF for some reason my mind is functioning to the point where that's not possible, and I do have minimum brain function, and able to do the basics (and according to some of you already, that's all I have anyways), then put me somewhere, don't come see, especially if my mind is that of a dependent child, and I don't know you or if I do, it's obvious I don't care too much. Go!. BUT because I got you for better or worse Hubby,,,, check on me once in a while, and make sure I'm not being abused. That's all. I want him to go live his life, find someone else, be happy, and enjoy what he has.
Out of curiosity, and only if you want to here, what are your wishes should something like this happens to you?
And for God's sake people, don't let Chicky misquote me, get me banned to where her misquote is used as my final wishes, and her go to the supreme court with it. It would be just like her too.
No you're Honor, she completely said that if you can keep her alive, whether she feels pain or not, even with little or no brain function she would want that. I have the proof.... honest... here it is.....
Anyways.... thoughts?
Do you charge Chicky rent for the space she occupies in your head?

My wishes are not to be kept 'functioning' by artificial means. If keeping my heart and other organs going, is EXPECTED to result in a meaningful recovery, fine - but if not, for the love of all that is NAP, please pull the plug and let me go, regardless of my reproductive status.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321174 Jan 25, 2014
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
That's special.
Only Peter told me "don't". When that happens I'll set him straight.*scratches ass*

You've been telling women 'don't' make medical choices of which you disapprove. When that happens, we'll set you straight.

*picks nose*
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? No need. You responded.
I am.
Touche'.

Next....
VoteVets Org

New York, NY

#321176 Jan 25, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>
*picks nose*
.....eats it.
<quoted text>Touche'.
Next....
Next? Want to try again?
VoteVets Org

New York, NY

#321177 Jan 25, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>
*picks nose*
<quoted text>Touche'.
Next....
And no mention at all of the Peter reference.
Never happened, right ?
Angel_Marie

Auburndale, MA

#321178 Jan 25, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>I still pop on from time to time.
Anyways.... thoughts?
Who really gives a flying @@@@ that u pop in once in awhile.
Angel_Marie

Auburndale, MA

#321179 Jan 25, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I have anything to fear.
In the early stage is a blastocyst a baby? Is a zygote a baby? An embryo? Yes or no? Note that I didn't write the term potential or anything of that nature.
Angel_Marie

Auburndale, MA

#321180 Jan 25, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
I wonder what Canada does in those situations. I don't even know..... something to google I guess.
Probably smoke a lot of weed and wait for the voices to tell everyone what t do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min shinningelectr0n 1,127,210
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 17 min Grau 68,669
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr JOEL 70,105
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 19 hr True blue 19,387
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 hr grave digger 47,501
Popular '80s West Hartford Music Hall To Be Dem... (Jun '09) Thu AWXYZ 254
Black males often struggle to stay ahead (Jan '09) Thu AWXYZ 423
Hartford Dating
Find my Match

Hartford Jobs

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hartford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hartford

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]