Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 317509 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315530 Nov 12, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You stated it as a fact.
So did you with your own belief. And?
grumpy

East Northport, NY

#315532 Nov 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that religion can do that to folks, but God and religion are two different things.
God forgives your past, present, and future Sin.
God just forgives period!:)
Forgiveness is great, but having a personal relationship with God, is what most lack.
Those who know God, and have been saved by His grace WILL still sin, even though they don't look at sin the way they once did, and they WILL pay the consequences for those sins here on earth.
Those who don't know God, and are not saved may get away with lots of sins here on earth, but they will pay for their Sin if they die lost.
sin (small s) effects us all
Sin (big S) only effects those who know not God.
There will be two judgements.
Judgement seat of Christ, is where all the saved goes, before they enter heaven. There works as a christian are judged, which some works will stand, and some will burn up, since many do stuff that's of their own flesh, not what God wanted. These folks will not have their SIN (Big S) judged. That has already been settled.
White throne judgment, is where all the lost and damned will go, to have their SIN judged, since it was not settled before hand.
Look at it this way. You or I am wrong.
What if I'm wrong?
What if you're wrong?
If your bio is true, you found God while having sex.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#315533 Nov 12, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Really, but they do have a hear beat......next.
So does a cow - how's that burger tasting, Jimmy?

Oh, by the way, cows breathe, too.

Don't like abortion? Don't have one.

Pretty simple, really.
Doo Doo for Stinky Feces

New York, NY

#315534 Nov 12, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
So, the death penalty is evil?
Killing a spider is evil?
Bombing is evil?
I guess your god is evil for killing 1 in 5 pregnancies before they come to term.
Let us know when you're cabable of making a rational argument.
Here's poo poo head doing his "spiders, cockroaches, etc are equivalent to humans" shtick. It never gets old !!!

Better get started lobbying to get murder statutes changed to include spiders, stinky. Times a wastin'!
Doo Doo for Stinky Feces

New York, NY

#315535 Nov 12, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the difference between God's spontaneous abortion and pregnant woman's induced abortion? You can't say one is loving and the other unloving.
So what is it?
God set nature into motion and allows it's laws, which include the body naturally rejecting a faulty or abnormal pregnancy, to proceed without interference.
Doo Doo for Stinky Feces

New York, NY

#315536 Nov 12, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>So does a cow - how's that burger tasting, Jimmy?
Oh, by the way, cows breathe, too.
Don't like abortion? Don't have one.
Pretty simple, really.
Move over smelly feces....here's another proponent of changing our murder laws to include spiders, cows, etc.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315537 Nov 12, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the difference between God's spontaneous abortion and pregnant woman's induced abortion? You can't say one is loving and the other unloving.
So what is it?
I said God takes care of His own and women who abort don't.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#315538 Nov 12, 2013
Doo Doo for Stinky Feces wrote:
<quoted text>
Move over smelly feces....here's another proponent of changing our murder laws to include spiders, cows, etc.
I'm not the one talking about changing our murder laws, bud.

That would be you.

Tell me - would you like to outlaw IVF procedures, as well?
Those embryos are deliberately created, with the full knowledge they will be destroyed if not selected for implantation.

If that isn't pre-meditated murder...neither is abortion.
katie

Spanaway, WA

#315539 Nov 12, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I said God takes care of His own and women who abort don't.
Pregnant women aren't taking care of their own when inducing abortion on unwanted/unhealthy pregnancies? All pregnant women all the time? You're absolutely positive?

How can you say this without assuming, presuming, or projecting your own negativity onto the medical procedure of induced abortion?
katie

Spanaway, WA

#315540 Nov 12, 2013
<quoted text>
God set nature into motion and allows it's laws, which include the body naturally rejecting a faulty or abnormal pregnancy, to proceed without interference.
So the body naturally rejects faulty or abnormal pregnancy, but the mind is not allowed to do the same during abnormal, faulty, or the worst circumstances?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315541 Nov 12, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Pregnant women aren't taking care of their own when inducing abortion on unwanted/unhealthy pregnancies? All pregnant women all the time? You're absolutely positive?
How can you say this without assuming, presuming, or projecting your own negativity onto the medical procedure of induced abortion?
We are talking about casual elective abortion on perfectly good children.
ali

Sudan

#315542 Nov 12, 2013
what happened?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#315543 Nov 12, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not the one talking about changing our murder laws, bud.
That would be you.
Tell me - would you like to outlaw IVF procedures, as well?
Those embryos are deliberately created, with the full knowledge they will be destroyed if not selected for implantation.
If that isn't pre-meditated murder...neither is abortion.
Has any anti-choicer addressed that issue?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#315544 Nov 12, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Has any anti-choicer addressed that issue?
Not here. Another poster posed the question on a different forum, and the one answer offered (by only one person) was that the IVF embryos weren't as human because they weren't in a woman.

It was then suggested that wombs are just more fun to control, than petri dishes.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#315545 Nov 12, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Casual? Really?

You have a pretty low opinion of women in crisis....unless, of course, they decide to gestate rather than abort.

Abortion is not a mani-pedi appointment...you make it sound like pregnant women everywhere just wake up one morning, with the attitude "Oh, let's see, what to do today...think I'll take a stroll down to that clinic and get me some abortion. Yeah that sounds like fun..."

You're an idiot.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#315546 Nov 12, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
To touch on abortion only briefly, I have said that I believe the Ten Commandments were God given and are still relevant if you are a believer. The 'thou shalt not murder or kill unjustly' for me, covers abortion since an unborn child is refered to as a child in all the old writings and my understanding is that God knows us before birth. Even science says that at conception a whole new unique individual is formed. I know abortion is legal and that women have a choice. I also understand that my impression of God and the Bible can be quite different from someone looking to justify abortion.
I haven't read the books you mentioned but i am reading "Jesus, an historian's review of the gospels" by Michael Grant. He goes into detail about what is most likely factual and what might be factual but colored to suit the writer's point of view or audience.
I need to check more into the Judas Gospel but I understand the drift. I think the gospel of Peter is insightful and I can understand why it wasn't included in the Canon.
Killing a baby is a choice?
They do not kill puppies.
They give them away.
Factual?
Who is the media?
Are they aliens?
Why are they so dumb?
Someone raped Mylie Cyrus?
She says it in her song.
Maybe it was her father.
katie

Spanaway, WA

#315547 Nov 12, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You might be; I was addressing your claim the women who opt for induced abortions were unloving.

How do you know? How can you know? Other than assuming, presuming, or projecting your own dislike of the abortion procedure what makes you believe women who abort are unloving? Especially when you claim God's spontaneous abortions are all about bringing His children home. How is one loving and the other unloving?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#315548 Nov 12, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So you would ban all abortion not done for "medical reasons".

Let me clue you: declining to take on the risks of pregnancy, is a perfectly good medical reason for having an abortion.

You're free to disagree, but not free to make that choice for anyone other than yourself.

Now go pound sand.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#315549 Nov 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Abortion is as old as pregnancy. It's part of nature too.

Next...
katie

Spanaway, WA

#315550 Nov 12, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Casual? Really?
You have a pretty low opinion of women in crisis....unless, of course, they decide to gestate rather than abort.
Abortion is not a mani-pedi appointment...you make it sound like pregnant women everywhere just wake up one morning, with the attitude "Oh, let's see, what to do today...think I'll take a stroll down to that clinic and get me some abortion. Yeah that sounds like fun..."
You're an idiot.
It appears a lot of the anti-choicers are incapable of contemplating the thoughts and considerations women who choose induced abortion go through. Whether the pregnancy is unwanted or unhealthy makes no difference.

They excuse those women who've experienced ectopic pregnancy without realizing that emergency surgery removed an embryo. It saved the woman's life most likely -- it saved your life, my life, too -- so that's an exception.

But what about those women who, later in wanted pregnancy, must think about it and consider it... are they as unloving as Ink implies? Does she really believe they are as unloving as she indicates?

And why can't she humanize the woman who is considering induced abortion? Why does she have to dehumanize the woman in order to empathize with the embryo/fetus? These are things I've asked her time and again. To date, there's not been any answer to justify her claims.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min VetnorsGate 1,601,746
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 hr It s Weather Not ... 63,974
News Developer Resubmits Plan In Wethersfield (Jun '08) Thu ANONYMOUS 45
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Thu TheReal411 21,182
News Eastman Chemical cutting up to 300 jobs, reduci... (Mar '09) Sep 18 Caitlyn Jenner 7
Sick Minded Sexual Perversion is an Abomination!! Sep 18 TrueX 2
News PrideFest Draws Hundreds To Downtown Hartford Sep 12 Did Not Go 2

Hartford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hartford Mortgages