Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Jan 22, 2008 Read more: Newsday 309,574
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Read more

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#309844 Aug 30, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Chaqu'un a son gout.
If your son has the gout, I feel for him. That's very painful. Tell him to lay off the foie gras, and switch from wine to water... see if that helps.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#309845 Aug 30, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text><snipped>

Unless it's,a business for you as it is,for Michelle...or breeders..
Actually, showing dogs in conformation and obedience is not a business for me. I do not get paid to do so. Quite the contrary. It's a very expensive hobby for me but it is one I immensely enjoy so I don't mind dropping the money on it. For what it's worth, I have not bred any of my dogs. While they are of excellent quality, have impressive pedigrees and have had their health clearances(I'm talking beyond a basic vet check, I'm talking OFA, CERF and BAER testing), responsible breeding is a huge undertaking and I haven't the time to go that route. Not that I'm ruling it out, it's just not something I'm interested in doing at this point. Not only that, good responsible breeding is not a money maker. You're lucky if you break even.

Anyways, I hope all is well with everyone. I hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend!:o)
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309846 Aug 30, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
You cats don't have to work a day in their lives. They get to lay around in comfort all day while you provide food and shelter and clean up their waste for them. And you really think you're smarter than them? LMAO!
Why am I not surprized that you equate laying around all day soaking up the food and shelter at someone else's expense, smart.

I hope that you at least clean up your own waste.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309847 Aug 30, 2013
Pot meet Kettle wrote:
<quoted text>
That I did.
Flew right over the hat holder.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309848 Aug 30, 2013
Pot meet Kettle wrote:
<quoted text>
Is THAT why you wussed out and folded like a cheap lawn chair and refused to answer ? THAT'S what you thought I was saying ? You PC's are a hoot. You see the PL boogy man trying to trick you into saying something PL in even the most innocuous question. You paranoid freak.
If it will ease your paranoia I'll clarify....would you advocate the revamping of the judicial system to accomodate all BORN animals ?
Unbelieveable!
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309849 Aug 30, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>So you are in the school of the thought that believes in de-evolution.
Practicing it.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#309851 Aug 30, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why am I not surprized that you equate laying around all day soaking up the food and shelter at someone else's expense, smart.
I hope that you at least clean up your own waste.
You seem bitter about the relationship you have with your cat.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309852 Aug 30, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#309853 Aug 30, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, showing dogs in conformation and obedience is not a business for me. I do not get paid to do so. Quite the contrary. It's a very expensive hobby for me but it is one I immensely enjoy so I don't mind dropping the money on it. For what it's worth, I have not bred any of my dogs. While they are of excellent quality, have impressive pedigrees and have had their health clearances(I'm talking beyond a basic vet check, I'm talking OFA, CERF and BAER testing), responsible breeding is a huge undertaking and I haven't the time to go that route. Not that I'm ruling it out, it's just not something I'm interested in doing at this point. Not only that, good responsible breeding is not a money maker. You're lucky if you break even.
Anyways, I hope all is well with everyone. I hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend!:o)
I have a friend who breeds Basset Hounds. Champions, apparently, from all his awards and such. They all look the same to me. Absolutely adorable :-) Sweet dogs.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#309854 Aug 30, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol as I said Just kidding ...
With all the abandoned animals in the humane societies .
Unless it's,a business for you as it is,for Michelle...or breeders..
In do not understand paying good money for pets ..my bosses,wife was a
Real volunteer and trainer for the HS...She took me there looking for a dog ..hubby was going to be home for months with a knee replacement
And our VIZLA had just died .
She wanted me to see a shepherd..But I found our sweety with the blue eyes ...New to the shelter .
Hubby comes to see her..we make,arrangements ..they spay her ..She has a problem waking up..then her blood tests come back heartworm .
Vet calls me says they will have to put her to sleep ..I cried so hard .
2 days later ..we go back ...he goes on his crutches to.Look at dogs .
One if the volunteers sees me..Lol...remember me..says have you come to pick up sweety..nit the name they had..anyway ..I say how is she doing
Today ..they say oh she's good ..I say ..yes I'm here yo get her ..Lol.
I grab hubby ..tell him shhhhb..they are getting out dog for us..felt like a,criminal but I was determined she WOUKD have a chance to live!!!
We took her home and to vet ..he says can't see much evidence if heart disease ..But will need treatment.
VET from HS calls ..says ..I see you got your dog..I say they told me she was better ..I though you ok d it .She says well no
BUT we have a treatment..2shots high dose of heartworm med a month apart ..May work or kill her ..But with the try SINCE YOU ARE SO ATTACHED..
we did it ..she's been heartworm free..thank God ..for years.
If course it's ME who gives her meds ..probably another reason she likes,dad better ..Lol.
My old poodle mix had heartworm. The vet said that her heart would be weakened, which I'm sure it was, comparatively. It didn't effect the quality of her life and she lived 15 years. Who knows how long she would have lived if she hadn't died in a tragic accident. Farm dogs live dangerous lives :-\
STO

Vallejo, CA

#309855 Aug 30, 2013
THINK ABOUT IT wrote:
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com /Evils%20in%20A...
ABORTION AMERICA'S #1 KILLER
by Pastor Greg Wilson
There is currently at work in our nation a most dangerous killer. It consistently takes more lives than any disease, famine, or war we have ever faced.
Every month this killer takes more American lives than were lost in the entire Vietnam War. Every six months more die from its relentless onslaught than in all our previous wars combined or in all the fatal automobile accidents of the past twenty years. Every 2 to 3 years it claims more victims than the Nazi Holocaust.
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama on Wednesday declared unequivocally that the United States has "concluded" that the Syrian government carried out a deadly chemical weapons attack on civilians.http://t.msn.com/?fa =http%3a%2f%2fnews.msn.com%2fu s%2fobama-syrian-govt-behind-c hemical-weapons-attack%3focid% 3dansnews11&ref=bing&f id=AmNews-253308308-261211016
WITCH ONE IS MORE A EVIL KILLER/ KILLING BABIES OR ADULTS?
TWO EVILS DO NOT MAKE A RIGHT!
God will not hold this nation guiltless for this great bloodbath. Indeed, the Bible tells us that He hates “hands that shed innocent blood”(Proverbs 6:16-17). Certainly, there can be none more innocent than the unborn.
Abortion advocates ignore these innocent victims of abortion. Testimony given at U.S. government sponsored public hearings indicated that in the so-called family planning clinics:“The baby is dehumanized as much as possible by being termed a ‘blob,’‘products of conception’ or ‘uterine contents.’ Not even the term fetus is used by counselors.”
God however has a different view of the unborn. He told the prophet Jeremiah,“Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.”(Jeremiah 1:5). He said of John the Baptist:“For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother’s womb.”(Luke 1:15). Clearly, God views the unborn as human and precious.
"WITCH ONE IS MORE A EVIL KILLER/ KILLING BABIES OR ADULTS?"

"WITCH" one? lol

Sorry, but that's funny. A slip -- oops? Got witches on the brain! Probably goblins too!

Okay, but seriously...

"Clearly, God views the unborn as human and precious."

Apparently not Esau. God hated Esau before Esau was born. Whilst he was an unborn. Hell, before he was formed in the womb, even.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#309856 Aug 30, 2013
<quoted text>
And angry...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#309857 Aug 30, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>My old poodle mix had heartworm. The vet said that her heart would be weakened, which I'm sure it was, comparatively. It didn't effect the quality of her life and she lived 15 years. Who knows how long she would have lived if she hadn't died in a tragic accident. Farm dogs live dangerous lives :-\
I imagine so..we took a chance ..if it had turned out she had bad heart disease..well she would have died from the the treatment .

But since she was a runner..no idea howling she had had the worms.
Was worth the gamble...I think it's been at least 8 -years now ..she's happy ....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#309858 Aug 30, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
"WITCH ONE IS MORE A EVIL KILLER/ KILLING BABIES OR ADULTS?"
"WITCH" one? lol
Sorry, but that's funny. A slip -- oops? Got witches on the brain! Probably goblins too!
Okay, but seriously...
"Clearly, God views the unborn as human and precious."
Apparently not Esau. God hated Esau before Esau was born. Whilst he was an unborn. Hell, before he was formed in the womb, even.
He still had a,plan for Esau..

Who was still a descendant of Abraham

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#309859 Aug 30, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, is God all-powerful, or not?

I'm serious here - do you believe God has the power to change his plan, to fit our plan?

Because if He doesn't, prayer is a very unfunny joke.

I've heard there are three answers to prayer. "Yes," "No," and "Wait."

When I was 14, He took my dad. I believed then. But when it mattered to me, he said no. He said no, and I had to find out why.

The Divine showed me why. God? Told me 'no'. No explanation, just no.

I had to realize my own place in the circle of life, before I felt the Divine.'God', as I knew him, was a jester....and a maker of un-kept promises. I dropped the idea that "God" was omniscient, and omnipotent....the Divine just is - and it's a part of everything. It's not a separate entity at all.

That's why I disagree that our spirit has a plan - it has a goal. We all reach it. None of us lives forever. But as a wheel, we keep turning, and turning, and turning.....

Until we get a flat. The dinosaurs got a flat. We're getting ready to drive over at least 60 miles of bad road. I wish us luck.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#309860 Aug 30, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Rose, is God all-powerful, or not?
I'm serious here - do you believe God has the power to change his plan, to fit our plan?
Because if He doesn't, prayer is a very unfunny joke.
I've heard there are three answers to prayer. "Yes," "No," and "Wait."
When I was 14, He took my dad. I believed then. But when it mattered to me, he said no. He said no, and I had to find out why.
The Divine showed me why. God? Told me 'no'. No explanation, just no.
I had to realize my own place in the circle of life, before I felt the Divine.'God', as I knew him, was a jester....and a maker of un-kept promises. I dropped the idea that "God" was omniscient, and omnipotent....the Divine just is - and it's a part of everything. It's not a separate entity at all.
That's why I disagree that our spirit has a plan - it has a goal. We all reach it. None of us lives forever. But as a wheel, we keep turning, and turning, and turning.....
Until we get a flat. The dinosaurs got a flat. We're getting ready to drive over at least 60 miles of bad road. I wish us luck.
What a selfish world view you have...

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#309861 Aug 30, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>And angry...
Yeah, all she's been doing is bitching about her cat.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#309862 Aug 30, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And His plan for any and every "unborn"? Are you telling me women are thwarting His plan with every abortion ?? OR, is the abortion part of the plan?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#309863 Aug 30, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>What a selfish world view you have...
Really? How so?
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309864 Aug 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah, all she's been doing is bitching about her cat.
Love my cats.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dozens in Texas Town Report Seeing UFO (Jan '08) 59 min vib_ram 558
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr John Galt 1,216,369
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr TRD 69,598
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr TOASTER 19,829
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr litesong 52,689
News Barbie turns 50, but dolls forever young in eye... (Feb '09) 9 hr vib_ram 13
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 hr Concerned 71,938

Fire Weather Watch for Hartford County was issued at April 17 at 3:47PM EDT

More from around the web

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]