Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
288,941 - 288,960 of 305,085 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Katie

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what causes pregnancy, right?
Yes, sperm fertilizes egg.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what causes pregnancy, right?
Yes, sperm fertilizes egg.
Fertilized egg implants.
That's what causes pregnancy.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree ..But when do you think they ate coming back to their mom's ?
You implied it would be on earth ..do you mean in heaven..possibly ?
Or at the End Times ?' When Messiah comes,??
Their mom's didn't want them.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Their mom's didn't want them.
I know ..But didn't you post they might come back to their mom's

It was s confusing statement

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

HERE'S something I saw on TV.

I LAUGHED st first but then looked it up .

If I was a stay at home mom..no money for private school.

I'd seriously think about it .
http://www.k12.com/schools-programs/online-pu...

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Fetuses are conceived, and there is no right to be gestated against the woman's will.
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
These babies were conceived and have the right to live.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

One of the principle functions of schools beyond education is socialization and exposure to new ideas and different points of view. Huddling in a bunker and taking on-line classes only ensure that the child grows up with no ability to deal with conflict or different ideas.

Hmmm...I wonder if the teabaggers were all home-schooled like this?
Madam Kindle wrote:

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
God spoke. Maybe it is time now to end all
of this stupidity. What his plans are, no one knows.
You still haven't proved that there is a god. Until you have done that, your argument against abortion based upon your personal religious beliefs is irrelevant.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Madam Kindle wrote:
This program may be appropriate for a very select population, but definitely not for most children. Our youth already have a stunted ability to socialize and to adapt to diverse settings. Online education is for adults, imo.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
One of the principle functions of schools beyond education is socialization and exposure to new ideas and different points of view. Huddling in a bunker and taking on-line classes only ensure that the child grows up with no ability to deal with conflict or different ideas.
<quoted text>
Well put. I know one family that homeschooled their children properly. These kids participated in 4-H, band and other extracurricular activities, as well as worked at the family business. Grandparents, aunts and uncles were heavily involved in the kids' upbringing. Great family, great kids. This family is a rarity, and this scenario is uncommon with homeschooled children, unfortunately.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>This program may be appropriate for a very select population, but definitely not for most children. Our youth already have a stunted ability to socialize and to adapt to diverse settings. Online education is for adults, imo.
I imagine they have to include some kind of sports,in the curriculum..since its thru the public school system ..

But there is a set curriculum

The parents ..like me who are not good at math ..don't have yo relearn algebra ..though they could with the kids.

No bullies...sounds like a plan to me !!!

It would also cut down on class sixes in the schools ..of course so would vouchers ...the need for new buildings goes down ..no one sees that in the arguments for vouchers ..
Some if these communities beg for them. Like DC ..where they had them and stopped them I think.

All the pols who vote AGSINST them send THEIR KUDS to private schools ..

Figures

And many home schoolers have activities and groups

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well yes..But there is conflict and then conflict ..I worked three jobs sometimes,to pay for private school

Till I got one that paid s bit better ..Was still a struggle ..And in high school she got some help from the school fund .

Had a school principal where I ALMOST enrolled her..tell me if THERR was any way I could afford to kerp her out of the public schools ..it would be better ..And her school.Was a good one ..But the next up middle school was not good .

So I did it ..then used grants..loans and scholarships for college as the principal advised...And she had the Highest rated Elementary in the area!!!!
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
I know ..But didn't you post they might come back to their mom's
It was s confusing statement
If you knew your mother didn't want you and
chose to abort you, would you want to be with her?
It is the same as adoption. Why do they look for their
parents?

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
I imagine they have to include some kind of sports,in the curriculum..since its thru the public school system ..
But there is a set curriculum
The parents ..like me who are not good at math ..don't have yo relearn algebra ..though they could with the kids.
No bullies...sounds like a plan to me !!!
It would also cut down on class sixes in the schools ..of course so would vouchers ...the need for new buildings goes down ..no one sees that in the arguments for vouchers ..
Some if these communities beg for them. Like DC ..where they had them and stopped them I think.
All the pols who vote AGSINST them send THEIR KUDS to private schools ..
Figures
And many home schoolers have activities and groups
It's a truly terrible idea. Not just my opinion, but that of real , dedicated educators who believe in raising well-rounded people who have the tools to adapt and create. One doesn't disassemble a an entire educational system, honey. A creative person fixes it. You advocate running and hiding. Terrible idea. And I'm speaking as a parent who raised her DD son in a rough neighborhood with all the challenges that come with that situation.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew your mother didn't want you and
chose to abort you, would you want to be with her?
It is the same as adoption. Why do they look for their
parents?
When a pregnancy is aborted, there is no child. What is it that you don't understand about the definition of abortion?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Well put. I know one family that homeschooled their children properly. These kids participated in 4-H, band and other extracurricular activities, as well as worked at the family business. Grandparents, aunts and uncles were heavily involved in the kids' upbringing. Great family, great kids. This family is a rarity, and this scenario is uncommon with homeschooled children, unfortunately.
What proof do we have that that scenario is uncommon? To be perfectly honest, the families I've been exposed to or have interacted with, who homeschool their kids, are very similar to the one you describe. In fact, the children to whom I refer score consistently higher on their standardized testing (yes, in my state officially home-schooled children must ALSO take the standardized test which the state mandates for that grade) than their public school counterparts...and one of the families is VERY well socialized, as their business takes them to every corner of the country.

Home schooling, like public schooling, is WHAT WE MAKE OF IT.
Both my children graduated at the tops of their classes, and both went to public schools....but their home-schooled compatriots have higher SAT scores. Just saying.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>When a pregnancy is aborted, there is no child. What is it that you don't understand about the definition of abortion?
There is a child. The child is put to sleep. Babies are
born every day. The child can wake up.
Why are Germans barbarians?
Hitler made up abortion? Retardation?
Out casting and killing. Murder.
This man was so dumb and all the dumb dumbs that followed him.
Monkey see monkey do do.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Well yes..But there is conflict and then conflict ..I worked three jobs sometimes,to pay for private school
Till I got one that paid s bit better ..Was still a struggle ..And in high school she got some help from the school fund .
Had a school principal where I ALMOST enrolled her..tell me if THERR was any way I could afford to kerp her out of the public schools ..it would be better ..And her school.Was a good one ..But the next up middle school was not good .
So I did it ..then used grants..loans and scholarships for college as the principal advised...And she had the Highest rated Elementary in the area!!!!
How can one use a scholarship fpor college for a parochial grade sachool? Most have God parent programs. Your post is not believable.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>What proof do we have that that scenario is uncommon? To be perfectly honest, the families I've been exposed to or have interacted with, who homeschool their kids, are very similar to the one you describe. In fact, the children to whom I refer score consistently higher on their standardized testing (yes, in my state officially home-schooled children must ALSO take the standardized test which the state mandates for that grade) than their public school counterparts...and one of the families is VERY well socialized, as their business takes them to every corner of the country.
Home schooling, like public schooling, is WHAT WE MAKE OF IT.
Both my children graduated at the tops of their classes, and both went to public schools....but their home-schooled compatriots have higher SAT scores. Just saying.
Why are tests so important? Sorry but the teachers are a joke.
The child can just read the book and learn on his own
like in college. Maybe that is why teachers don't make
much of a paycheck. The students do good on the tests
because they are smart. All of them are.
Public school will never give them what a good private
school does.(Catholic) The teachers have more sense.
Children get lost in public school. No respect.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Hartford Forum right now

Search the Hartford Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min RoxLo 1,079,647
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 32 min JOEL 68,371
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 39 min voice of peace 67,924
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr The real Samuel 18,544
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 45,778
Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) 8 hr Lisalava224 63
Prisoner Dies At Hartford Correctional Institution (Feb '13) 17 hr James Laccavole 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hartford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••