Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311864 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

grumpy

Haverstraw, NY

#306191 Jul 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he is a truly good guy.
And the operative word is "truly".
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#306193 Jul 29, 2013
The amount of religious BS from gtown over the weekend is bordering on absurd.
Huh Duh

United States

#306196 Jul 29, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
And abortion kills no human life. NOT ALIVE UNTIL BORN....DUH.........Point is let each personal control there own life...LIKE CONSTITUTION SAYS.
Oh yes it certainly DOES kill a human life. It may not qualify as a "human being" or a "person" which are philosophical/legal terms, but the fact that it is alive and is human is not in dispute. You need a science refresher course.

Yes agree. Let each person control their OWN life.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#306197 Jul 29, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
No it is not alive without moms input. Anyway it is up to the women not you.
Sorry, mom cannot decide whether her son or daughter is alive. He/she is alive.

How can you say outright untruths?
Huh

Faribault, MN

#306198 Jul 29, 2013
Huh Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes it certainly DOES kill a human life. It may not qualify as a "human being" or a "person" which are philosophical/legal terms, but the fact that it is alive and is human is not in dispute. You need a science refresher course.
Yes agree. Let each person control their OWN life.
Facts don't change for you religious thugs... Now mind your own business and let others mind theres.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#306199 Jul 29, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
The birth control pill makes women less attracted to masculine men. The birth control pill is evil!
Well have to say thats a new one.

What kind of men does it attract them to.

If they are married to one..do then then have affairs with non masculine men???

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#306200 Jul 29, 2013
Huh Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Horrible analogy Huh. Killing an innocent human life is not an inherent part of owning a gun. Duh.
What are all those hunted animals 'guilty' of, dude? Being delicious?

Killing humans, and the ability to overthrow a tyrannical government, are the only reasons we have a second amendment.

Abortion is self-defense.

Suck it.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#306201 Jul 29, 2013
Huh Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Women have just as much of a right to own a gun as men have.
And men do not have a right to choose to electively terminate the human life they carry.
Equality rules !!!
Men have as much right to kill their parasites as women do.

Equality does, indeed, rule.

Next...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#306202 Jul 29, 2013
grumpy wrote:
The Pope made a significant statement about judging homosexuals.
Doesn't anyone want to comment???
Homosexuals' money is just as green as everyone else's. The Pope hopes to stem the tide of homosexuals leaving the church.

It won't work.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#306204 Jul 29, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently it makes them become more attracted to effeminate men.
They did a test, and the women not on the pill in the test were more attracted to "bad boy" type masculine movie stars, and to images of men with more masculine features.
While on the pill they were more attracted to less masculine features, and more effeminate gay movie stars.
Yes I remember that study. I wondered why it worked out that way.
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#306205 Jul 29, 2013
Katie Still Not Reading wrote:
<quoted text>
Perish the thought.
<quoted text>
You claimed you didn't ask anything when clearly you DID.
The point of the article you linked to was that if you were trying to persuade someone to your way of thinking you should not focus on those "seriously dug in" but instead focus on those who may be unclear where they stand on the issues.
Makes perfect sense no matter which side you are on.
Why do you think that is?
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#306206 Jul 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, mom cannot decide whether her son or daughter is alive. He/she is alive.
How can you say outright untruths?
I think the op is saying without mom's (body functions) input, the embryo/fetus would cease to exist. Therefore only alive because the pregnant woman allows it to be alive. Not alive in the sense of independent life separate from the umbilical cord.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#306207 Jul 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>What are all those hunted animals 'guilty' of, dude? Being delicious?
Killing humans, and the ability to overthrow a tyrannical government, are the only reasons we have a second amendment.
Abortion is self-defense.
Suck it.
Shooting someone who appears in my home in the dead of night is self defense .

Holding on to a gun while waiting on the poluce when someone is outside trying to get in snd I have kids in the house ..is self defense

Killing ones offspring in the womb....not self defense

And sadly do is shooting someone who is sitting on top of me pounding my head into the ground after breaking my nose ..

A real tragedy all around..Imo..
Huh Duh

United States

#306208 Jul 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Men have as much right to kill their parasites as women do.
Parasites of a different species yes. They DO NOT have a right to kill the innocent human life they carry.
In that respect women are actually one up on men the rights department.

Viva women !!!

Equality does, indeed, rule.
Tell it dude ! Tell it !!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#306209 Jul 29, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently it makes them become more attracted to effeminate men.
They did a test, and the women not on the pill in the test were more attracted to "bad boy" type masculine movie stars, and to images of men with more masculine features.
While on the pill they were more attracted to less masculine features, and more effeminate gay movie stars.
Lol how many women in the study ..how truthful..how did they test them.
Just show pictures

Sorry but women ..for whatever reason are attracted to men for different reasons and my idea of someone desirable may differ greatly from the next person .

One can look at a,nice pic of a movie star ..think hes cute .

One can see a pic of a movie star and remember a movie he was,in and
Like that charact e r

One can see a resemblance in a picture to someone they like.

what is the criteria,for sn effeminate man anyway ...clean shaven..sensitiv eyes...dressed in drag??

And is the bad boy having stubble..a beard..a harley

Lol how silly .imo

Most women in real life get to TALK with a guy before thinking th e y want to know him better.

I look at faces..eyes..anither skman may look at height.

Did they get to meet and converse with these,bad boys and lol so called effeminate men...again whatever that means .

And its a big difference to see a cute guy and want to marry or even sleep with a man.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#306210 Jul 29, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the op is saying without mom's (body functions) input, the embryo/fetus would cease to exist. Therefore only alive because the pregnant woman allows it to be alive. Not alive in the sense of independent life separate from the umbilical cord.
That goes for all life. If you don't have what you need to support life then you die but until you die, you are alive, whether plant, animal or fetus.
Huh Duh

United States

#306211 Jul 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>What are all those hunted animals 'guilty' of, dude? Being delicious?
Did you miss "human" there, dude ?
Mmmmm........steak.......
Killing humans, and the ability to overthrow a tyrannical government, are the only reasons we have a second amendment.
We still do not have the right to electively terminate innocent human life without just cause.
If a fetus is found to be ruling member of a tyrannical government, I will support its termination.
Abortion is self-defense.
In some cases it is. That's why abortion is permitted post viability if there is a maternal life threat. If abortion were always considered self defense there would be NO restrictions, EVER.
Suck it.
Suck what ? Your shrivelled, old, al dente member ?
Ewww......get out of here dude.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#306213 Jul 29, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Women are feminine, so they look up to masculinity, idiot!
Women need masculinity, something they don't have, idiot!
FOOOOL!!!!
ATTRACTION DOESNT MEAN YOU WANT TO SLEEP WITH THEM!!
Oo

first off lets not be insulting ...its rude

You have stated the pill...Which is a FEMALE hormone makes women wants men who are effeminate.

Which totally belies this last post .using your logic here eomen on the pill woukd want MORE MASCULINE MEN ..

You also said condoms do the same thing which makes no sense at all.
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#306215 Jul 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Shooting someone who appears in my home in the dead of night is self defense .
Holding on to a gun while waiting on the poluce when someone is outside trying to get in snd I have kids in the house ..is self defense
Killing ones offspring in the womb....not self defense
And sadly do is shooting someone who is sitting on top of me pounding my head into the ground after breaking my nose ..
A real tragedy all around..Imo..
Induced abortion is medical self-defense for those women who do not want to or cannot sustain a healthy pregnancy.

That's it.

One individual pregnant woman at a time determines her own pregnancy without interference from the law, the clergy, or nosy parkers.
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#306216 Jul 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That goes for all life. If you don't have what you need to support life then you die but until you die, you are alive, whether plant, animal or fetus.
All life is attached to an umbilical cord?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Barmsweb 72,037
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Into The Night 61,453
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 hr the deplorable Jo... 1,431,412
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 9 hr Big city 20,609
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 19 hr TRD 71,047
News State child agency pulling wards from Durham sc... (May '07) Sep 16 Gerenarosa 43
News Police: Suspect Tried To Strangle Woman (Mar '08) Sep 15 Pats cleaning crew 175

Hartford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hartford Mortgages