Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
275,481 - 275,500 of 305,398 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet there are battered women. And young girls run by their pimps. Etc..they are victims. Not s lot of choice there..no sympathy for these women?
Legally they have a choice. But in reality their abusers can push them into getting rid od the proof of tape..prostitution. or just plain inconvenient babies..What a wonderful thing this is tor men who abuse women. And young girls..
I raised my sons not to rape or be pimps. Raise your daughters to defend themselves against attackers, and not to sell their bodies for sex.

Battered women choose crappy men, and/or to stay with jerks who abuse them. There are no victims...only volunteers. I know - I left my abuser, and have never subjected myself to another one. It's called 'self-respect'. I got some.

We ALWAYS have choices. Some are harder to make than others, but the choices are always there, and they are always our own.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Says you.
Point is that it doesn't matter why any state that places restrictions does so. It's irrelevant. The only parties with civil rights in the issue of abortion are the woman, and the state. No one single solitary embryo or fetus has any civil rights whatsoever. Deal with it.
Everything is irrelevant you if you can't answer the question posed.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

If you cause an accident and need hospitalization, you are allowed to get it.

If you go skiing and break your leg, you can have it treated.

If a woman has sex and happens to get pregnant, she has EXACTLY the same right to treat it as she chooses.

The entire basis of medicine is to "fix it" regardless of the cause. Doctors aren't judges or juries.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to equate getting pregnant, as any other normal bodily function. I and many others do not. There are the extremes on both sides. One is like skinning fish, by the???? Of pounds a day with no big deal, and the others who say if a woman is pregnant for any reason and even if it is clear she will die, and her baby has already died, then they should let nature take it's course. I am all for grace and mercy, it is at my "core ", but there must be a better way /a better message being sent, other than who cares do as you please, and we will "fix" it, HELLO? ;)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the states interest in preventing a woman from aborting an unborn child?
You'd have to ask the State's legislators.

But you won't, because you don't really want to know. You just want to sit in judgment at your computer, bleat out the same inane questions, and pretend you're 'preventing' some woman, somewhere, from making her own legal medical choices.

Weird.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You'd have to ask the State's legislators.
But you won't, because you don't really want to know. You just want to sit in judgment at your computer, bleat out the same inane questions, and pretend you're 'preventing' some woman, somewhere, from making her own legal medical choices.
Weird.
It's weird that you can't think of a single reason why the state would interfere in a woman's right to choose. You just accept it.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Actually, it was bill clinton who said the abortion quote.
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Approximately 3500 women will make a choice to end their pregnancies. And approximately three times as many will make the choice to CONTINUE their pregnancies.
No, the numbers don't stagger me, because I realize two things...
a)It's always a question of one woman making a choice for one pregnancy, and
b)It's none of my business.
I should care what Hillary Clinton says, why, exactly?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I raised my sons not to rape or be pimps. Raise your daughters to defend themselves against attackers, and not to sell their bodies for sex.
Battered women choose crappy men, and/or to stay with jerks who abuse them. There are no victims...only volunteers. I know - I left my abuser, and have never subjected myself to another one. It's called 'self-respect'. I got some.
We ALWAYS have choices. Some are harder to make than others, but the choices are always there, and they are always our own.
I guess we can put you under the heading of 'unsympathetic' to girls who have not had a strong influence in their lives and are maybe following a pattern of abuse since childhood.
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He was only doing what his patients wanted. These women made the decision to abort their babies and he complied.f these women [thousands] didn't want to be rid of their children, he wouldn't be in business, would he?
You clearly are ignorant of the case. Many of these women, who HAVE stepped forward, were drugged and had their abortions done against their will.

She's right. You're stupid for stupid's sake.

BTW idiot, he's NOT in business. He's in jail on murder charges.
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She DID answer it moron. So did a number of others. You ignoring the responses doesn't mean the responses haven't been posted ad nauseum.
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It's weird that you can't think of a single reason why the state would interfere in a woman's right to choose. You just accept it.
Its weider that you completely ignore the answers you've been given. "future tax-payers" ring a bell you dunce?

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Right...I practice safe sex. Ask most heteros about safe sex, they look like you just asked them to explain the universe in 15 words or less. They don't want to do anything that might "spoil the moment". Until straight people get over it, there will be unwanted pregnancies and there will be abortions.

Even those who use contraceptives are not protected 100%. Despite your rosy assertions, no contraception is absolutely effective. On any given day, there are proably a million hetero sex acts using condoms. Even the best condoms claim only a 98% effectiveness rating. What's 2% of 1 million?

Sex is a healthy and necessary part of life; it is also the strongest innate drive in our species after survival.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no ill will toward any man or woman. People may make the choices they will, but what's the difference?
We tell folks that like to drink "don't drive " "act responsible " "get a sober person to drive " and with all the world has to offer, from taxi cabs, sober friends, even some who volunteer to drive drunks around,there is no excuse for anyone to be driving while drunk, correct? If they do and they get caught, what happens? If they wreck and hurt or kill others, what happens? Not good, all day long this still goes on, and untill texting took the number 1 spot, it was booze related crashes. Should we stand up for the drunks, and say so what?? They mowed down a couple of kids on the way to the park -should they be punished, for a long time becouse of one little slip???
Same thing -with all this world has to offer, and please don't tell me how much they fail, if used properly, they work fine. Even cpeter addmits to having more encounters then I have had in.pills, yet clean as a whistle, becouse he practices safe sex.
The numbers alone should make anyone think "WHAT ARE WE DOING /ALLOWING "yet the human mind can't wrap itself around such a deal, so you must tell yourself, it is only one woman making a medical choice on their own.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
You clearly are ignorant of the case. Many of these women, who HAVE stepped forward, were drugged and had their abortions done against their will.
She's right. You're stupid for stupid's sake.
BTW idiot, he's NOT in business. He's in jail on murder charges.
They went to an abortion clinic to "not' have an abortion? That seems strange.

He was in business for many years with many satisfied customers.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I've told you the reason I know of, dear. You just cannot accept it.

Good luck on your quest to understand why women are allowed to have abortions, but don't have to justify their abortions to you.

You have a very long way to go. Here's a ham sandwich. Don't say I never did nothin' for ye.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Its weider that you completely ignore the answers you've been given. "future tax-payers" ring a bell you dunce?
You'll have to prove that one. Nothing guarantees that a fetus will be a future tax payer. If that was true, all abortions would be denied due to the 'future tax payer' logic.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

They don't need to get your permission to believe as they wish. Just as you have the right to believe in your ridiculous god, they can believe they have the right to make their own medical decisions. However, the law supports THEIR "belief".
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is this a lie? It seems that over 3,500 women each and every day of the week mon -fri are getting that message, hardwired into their core, that they may conduct themselves are careless as they wish, and any "thing " that happens to inconvienice them will be dealt with, and as far as your other post -bit please, like I'm the grammer patrol. Now that's funny!:)
There must be a better way.
Gosnnel to me truly seen no difference in killing small or large. He was a true abortionist and didn't play around. It wasn't like he forced those women to have the child, not knowing what he would do with the little screaming thing?!?!?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's irrelevant because it is. Motives are not the issue. Civil rights are. Neither of us can answer the question. Only each state would be able to do so.

And again, it's irrelevant to the issue of civil rights. The only parties that have civil rights for the issue of abortion are the woman who is pregnant, and the state she's getting her abortion in.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Again - you are a MORON.
You dont have a CLUE who Gosnell was, what he did or what the HELL you're talking about.
Do yourself a favor, STFU until you educate yourself.
Gosnell was a murderer who's in jail for his crimes and has ZERO to do with legal, safe clinics.
Has PP condemned what Gosnell did? Last I heard, their spokesperson wouldn't.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Coersion is not "forcing". No woman is forced at the point of a gun to have a LEGAL abortion.
Nobody is in the room where the medcial procedure is happening except for the medical personel and the woman.
She CAN say NO.
Period.
If the woman feels coerced - that's on HER. Nothing you nor I nor anyone else can say NO for her. Making abortion illegal - particularly and specifically in the first trimester - is NEVER going to happen. That's long been established law. Even an overturning of RvW will not change that - you DO understand that right?
If a woman feels coerced, its on HER to seek help, and help IS out there. Harassing women going into health clinics, bitching meaninglessly on a messageboard, making up hystronic nonsensical crap about "victims" is meaningless.
Please see my answer below to plays..about forced or coercdd women...no I am sure it is not a majority. But some women and young girls will always be victims.

And on a previous question a couple of years ago I did read the stories on one of those sites. If was heart breaking. But any woman can find herself kn a desperate situation. I never condemn another person..
I abhor this culture and political environment that makes elective abortion occur in such high numbers..so much info and planning available and yet for some this is like birth control for them. I personally know 2 women who have done multiplexer. One was worried about ever being able to conceive again. She went to hef ob. Last I heard she was not using any of his advice on contraception..The other one only uses her pills sporadically. She is one of my very good friends.

As for the womdn on that site. And the women I have known. Some do feel guilt and worse..but if they choose they can find peace and reconciliation. Some never do.

It is a loss no matter how casually it is treated.. but unfortunately it is also a big business and a political football..So things are not likely to change.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how many women are killed by someone that they have a restraining order against?
Do you how many could be killed if they didn't?*facepalm*
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Right...I practice safe sex. Ask most heteros about safe sex, they look like you just asked them to explain the universe in 15 words or less. They don't want to do anything that might "spoil the moment". Until straight people get over it, there will be unwanted pregnancies and there will be abortions.
Even those who use contraceptives are not protected 100%. Despite your rosy assertions, no contraception is absolutely effective. On any given day, there are proably a million hetero sex acts using condoms. Even the best condoms claim only a 98% effectiveness rating. What's 2% of 1 million?
Sex is a healthy and necessary part of life; it is also the strongest innate drive in our species after survival.
<quoted text>
Your post is a prime example of what message is being sent, who cares about safe sex, when all is covered at the expense of a life, and a womans life experience.
Your last sentence is believed by many, I used to also believe that way.
I no longer think sex is near a big a deal as the "world " would have us believe. There must be more to any relationship, that's worth its weight in salt.

I think sex is a beautiful thing designed by God, that has been just about as twisted as it can get by a satanic force, but hey since you don't believe in all that mess, it doesn't apply to you right?

I knew a man who couldn't wrap his head around how air can hold up a car while under pressure in tires. It is still truth, regaurdless of what he thinks, true?

Would you compare getting a splinter taken out of your thumb, the same as having a leg amputated? Then why bunch abortion in like it is the same as any medical choice. It isn't.

Ok no God -just a dot >< this size that began to spin sooo fast, it exploded into all we now have? Wow, and we christians get accused of not thinking rational?!?!?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Hartford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hartford News, Events & Info